California Trilogy - Going to San Francisco (Game Over!)

Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

I'm at the San Francisco International Airport right now, what a coincidence!

/confirMMed.
The end justifies the means.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:23 am

vollkan wrote:Frankly speaking,
Vote: Pooky
What does your list look like right now? All 50% or Pooky higher % than everyone else?
Thesp wrote:
Vote: curiouskarmadog.
Good idea with the missing players test Thesp, I'll add on to it by bandwagoning:
  • Vote: curiouskarmadog

• {everyone except MM}
  • No Lynch
  • MM
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:02 am

NN wrote:Assuming that the purpose of the vote is to find out if votes on missing persons register, what's the point of a second one? Is there really a possibility that single votes will register but wagons won't?
I was looking for a reason to bandwagon, and the one I found was Thesp's test.
Pooky wrote:Pooky is such obvious scum that he is at 100%. Other players are at 50%.
Is it possible for anyone on your list to reach 100% then come back down?
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:03 am

EBWOP:
Vollkan wrote: Pooky is such obvious scum that he is at 100%. Other players are at 50%.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:32 am

MSH wrote:MM: The main reason there is for bandwagoning is, AFAIK, to get reactions. How are you going to get reactions from someone who isn't there?
Well of course I can't get reactions from CKD, but I just got a reaction from you didn't I?
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:53 am

Now that the missing players vote test results are in, I will switch my vote to...
Xtoxm wrote:Well i'm going to vote for MBL for lurking, he has only posted once, and all it was was a lone vote, possibly random.
Xtoxm...For starting your lurker hunt
less than 36 hours
after the start of Day 1 and focusing on MBL while failing to mention SensFan(1 D1 post with no content) and Pooky(0 D1 posts).
  • Unvote, Vote: Xtoxm

• {BBMars, FaerieLord, Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, Niv, PookyTheMagicalBear, Rogueben, SensFan, Thesp, vollkan}
  • No Lynch
  • {curiouskarmadog, Gorrad, IH, Nibbler Twins, OhGodMyLife, Sarcastro}
  • MM
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:27 am

@Pooky: I like the fact that you have brought awareness to the dangers of the Condorcet lynch. Thus far though I haven't seen anyone become lazy and just come up with a Condorcet list without voting, so right now it's still like any other mafia game in terms of everyone voting to get a majority.
Xtoxm wrote:I didn't notice them.

I don't like lurkers, and I generally find they are scum so lynching them is good play, imo...
1. What's your concept of a lurker in this game?
2. Is lurking the top scumtell you look for while scumhunting?
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:32 pm

@MichelSableheart: Why did you have your vote on Xtoxm, unvote him, then revote him in 2 consecutive posts? This slip warrants an
FOS: MSH

Xtoxm wrote:Looks like i'm todays lynch...Oh well, atleast i'll prove Gorrad wrong
Now I like my Xtoxm vote even better with the fact that he chose to ignore my two questions.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:21 pm

@ Pooky: Do you have any reasoning for your suspicions and non-suspicions, especially those in Posts 118 and 125?

@ MBL:
MBL wrote:In other news, I will not vote Pooky at any point in this game.
Is this an absolute and non-retractable statement?

@ Gaspar:
Gaspar wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Xtoxm
, vollkan, MBL, Mr Grey, {People}, No Lynch, Gaspar
Why do you consider the mod Mr Grey to be a lynch candidate?

@Vollkan:
Vollkan wrote:Pooky is such obvious scum that he is at 100%. Other players are at 50%.
Now that there is much more content, what are your player percentages?
  • Vote: Xtoxm

• PookyTheMagicalBear
  • {BBMars, FaerieLord, Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, Niv, Rogueben, SensFan, Thesp, vollkan}
  • No Lynch
  • MM
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:42 am

Pooky wrote:We are PRS LLC only put up our ratings after the most thorough analyses and rigorous simulations.
Elaborate on what the analyses and rigorous simulations consist of?
Pooky wrote:We firmly stand behind our projections and have highest confidence in the accuracy of our ratings system.
I know at least one of your ratings has 0% accuracy.
Xtoxm wrote:How have I been scummy? People seem to be making poor excuses to try and get me lycnhed.

There are probably a few scum on my wagon...
Your ignorance and poor defense is making you scummier and scummier every post. You could have made yourself be seen in a more positive light by doing things such as:

1. Address your stance on MBL now that he has a few more posts with content
2. Address specifically other relative lurkers and if you consider them scummy
3. Address specifically who on your wagon is scum and why

But you have done nothing like that, so you are digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:46 am

I definitely see a Pooky-Xtoxm scum connection here. Xtoxm has already ignored my questions twice, yet he eagerly answers questions from Pooky. Pooky is also ignoring my requests to elaborate on his ratings while he ironically is asking for Xtoxm to elaborate on details.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:55 am

Xtoxm wrote:MM prob is scum.
What's your reasoning for this statement? Why did you not vote me if you thought I was likely to be scum? Do you think MBL is even more probable than me to be scum?
NN wrote:Pooky's questions deal with understanding Xtoxm's thought processes, which is something we all need to do before coming to a conclusion on whether or not he should be lynched. Your questions were phrased as traps and would have continued the cycle of ignorance that built the Xtoxm bandwagon in the first place. Learn the difference.
All my questions also aim to further understand Xtoxm. If Xtoxm had answered them there is definitely a greater than 0% chance that he will be seen less scummier than before, unlike what you depict my questions to be. Your defense of Xtoxm is noted.
Pooky wrote:Two)What do you think a protown player in my position should do instead of what I have done? Since you feel that I am forming a scum link with him, what do you suppose a protown player would've done instead? Argue for why this move is superior to the move I have chosen.
Since you imply that your questions for Xtoxm to explain his thought processes is a protown thing to do, wouldn't you say it's also a protown thing for
you
to explain your thought processes behind your own ratings?

Niv also emerges from the pack with his illogical Post 204.

• PookyTheMagicalBear
  • Niv
  • {BBMars, FaerieLord, Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben, SensFan, Thesp, vollkan}
  • No Lynch
  • MM
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:07 am

NN wrote:The first question gives Xtoxm a "stance" on MBL when all he had done at that point was call him a lurker prematurely. Did you seriously expect him to answer with a serious analysis of MBL's inscrutable list? A large portion of the posts on Lee's list were Xtoxm's, so I doubt he would have any idea why MBL considered them scummy in the first place let alone be able to defend or comment.
I never expected a serious analysis from Xtoxm about MBL. The first question aimed to see if Xtoxm is consistent with his stance on reasoning for MBL since MBL did post more:
Xtoxm wrote:I don't like lurkers, and I generally find they are scum so lynching them is good play, imo...

NN wrote:The second aims to keep Xtoxm's... unique stance on lurking in the discussion. This whole thing started when Xtoxm accused MBL of lurking, and now you're telling him to do the exact same thing with other players.

One of main reasons I found Xtoxm to be scummy was that although he addressed MBL's lurking as scummy, he ignored other lurkers. The second question aimed to see if Xtoxm is consistent with his lurkers = scummy stance on other players.

NN wrote:The third is similar to the second in that it takes a stupid thing that Xtoxm said and tries to further it.
My third question aimed to prompt Xtoxm to do some scumhunting by providing some reasoning for why he thinks some people on his wagon are scum. It's more like prompting a more sufficient response from an insufficient one.

Gaspar wrote:Mach-Maf: Regarding your Post 156 -- Does Xtoxm's "digging himself a deeper and deeper hole" make him more or less likely to be scum?
More likely to be scum
Gaspar wrote:Mach-Maf: Could you please explain how Xtox "eagerly" responding to Pooky signifies a connection between them?
Scumpartners are more comfortable in talking to each other.

Rogueben wrote:Bandwagoning a missing player doesn't seem like a very helpful thing.
I already addressed this in the first few pages.
Rogueben wrote:Question to Xtoxm. Very pointed. Don't like this at all.
I wanted to further understand Xtoxm's thought process by asking about the extent of scumminess he considered lurking to be.
Rogueben wrote:Hypocritical. Accuses Pooky of dodging questions while dodging a question himself.

@MM. I would like to see you respond to the question that Pooky asked you (quoted above).
I'm pretty sure that question was directly towards Niv.
I hope this post resembles some sort of sense. If you don't understand anything don't hesitate to ask.
Why do you seem not confident about your post?
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:09 pm

MBL wrote:Nabokovnabokov spent a post negatively addressing my scumhunting style. He then made a list of his votes, and I was not on that list. I subsequently pointed out his error, and he moved me to third on his list. Are you able to get any read off his behavior in that situation? When you view the rest of his posts, does a wider read support the analysis of his narrower behavior?
It would be a relatively minor negative read, especially since NN admitted to the slip. After seeing the rest of his posts, he does use reasoning to add and modify to his list, so that particular incident was an aberration, but I don’t see it to be scummy enough to warrant a high place on my list.
Pooky wrote:Or you guys could just man up, ditch condorcet and reach a bloody lynch?
Well if you actually provided some real reasoning for your four current lynch candidates, there would be a better chance of a majority lynch. The whole game you have been dodging opportunities to express your own thoughts and reasoning while you fire away questions at everyone else:

Pooky Post 2: Votes MM, no reasoning
Post 3: Game theory
Post 4: Game theory
Post 5: MM, Gaspar, BBmars = antitown, no reasoning
Post 6: List of ratings, no reasoning
Post 7: 1 question
Post 8: 1 question
Post 9: Fluff
Post 10: Fluff
Post 11: List of ratings, no reasoning
Post 12: Fluff
Post 13: List of ratings, no reasoning
Post 14: 1 question
Post 15: 1 question
Post 16: Fluff
Post 17: 1 question
Post 18: 3 questions
Post 19: 7 questions
Post 20: 1 question
Post 21: 5 questions
Post 22: 5 questions
Post 23: 5 questions
Post 24: 1 question
Post 25: Expresses willingness to lynch {Gaspar, MM, BBMars, FL} with no reasoning
Post 26: 3 questions
Post 27: 1 question

The total scoreboard looks like this:
Reasoning: 0
Questions: 36

I will have limited access from now thru 4/13. I'm pretty sure there is free wireless internet at the hotel I'm staying at, so I'll be sure to post here ASAP.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:15 pm

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:You think I don't have reasons?
I think you have reasons but you hide them.

The 7 people currently having me as #1 on their Condorcet lists: Gaspar, NabakovNabakov, PookyTheMagicalBear, Rogueben, Xtoxm, Niv, MichelSableheart

1. Those that brought up substantial reasoning that I have defended: NabakovNabakov, Rogueben

2. Those whose only reasoning is I am more preferable than Niv: Gaspar, Niv, MichelSableheart

3. Those who provide absolutely zero reasoning: PookyTheMagicalBear, Xtoxm

So I have already defended all feasible cases against me, while 5 out of 7 are impossible to defend.

Claim: Gordon Moore, vanilla townie

• Pooky
  • Niv
  • {everyone else not missing except MM}
  • No Lynch
  • {everyone missing}
  • MM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”