Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by Jex »

/confirm
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Jex »

vote babygirl86
because the dice told me to
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Jex »

make note to self: korts is automatic protown because he knows spoon reference
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by Jex »

This is the video that you are referencing :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuOvqeABHvQ
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by Jex »

unvote vote DaHill
for clearly trying to start a bandwagon :-P
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Jex »

Hmm...now here's a dilemna....Korts jumped on the bandwagon of voting dahill for bandwagoning, yet if I vote Korts I'll be jumping on a bandwagon for bandwagoning the bandwagon. Therefore my only option is to
unvote vote jex
for thinking of bandwagoning korts for bandwagoning the bandwagon on dahill and therefore furthering the use of bandwagons to begin with.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:44 am

Post by Jex »

unvote

dahill wrote:we'll wait until jex is on spring break, and then quicklynch him while he is gone
To this: 1. Spring break is half over so your plan won't work. and 2. Jex is a girl not a guy.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:44 am

Post by Jex »

Oh...and welcome to the game Sethaniel!
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:25 pm

Post by Jex »

farside22 wrote:
Qman wrote:
vote farside
quicklynches baby! duh!
Quick lynches are no good without conversation.
FOS Qman
. You should know better.
If there was conversation than it wouldn't be a quicklynch. I thought the point of a quicklynch was to cut off conversation. However it works I don't support em. I prefer days that last months, especially the ones where we sit in silence and stare at our computer screens pretending its the other players.

*sits and stares intently*
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Jex »

eldarad wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I like Jex. A lot.
OK. So...does that change anything? Do you feel lucky?
More scared than lucky. I don't like having followers.

And sorry silence, I'll change my wording...let's all sit in quiet and stare. Anyways, I'm tired of sitting and staring so
vote albert
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Jex »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:OMGUS!
what's your point?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by Jex »

Sethaniel wrote:Ah, wait. So you like her personally, not like her as a candidate for lynch.

Or, you believe people who think like you do should be lynched.

Which is it, ABR? do you want me to vote for Jex?
unvote vote sethaniel
I don't like the fact that you are looking for answers instead of creating your theories and ideas. You get a double vote from due to the fact that you're asking ABR for answers of all people.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:54 am

Post by Jex »

So I was bored and reread the game thus far. Not a lot stood out to me, but there are a couple things that don't necessarily sit right with me. So here goes:

Item #1:
Qman wrote:
vote farside
quicklynches baby! duh!
farside22 wrote:
Qman wrote:
vote farside
quicklynches baby! duh!
Quick lynches are no good without conversation.
FOS Qman
. You should know better.
Qman wrote:Of course I do. I like how you single me out for my quicklynch comment and not others.

>_<
farside22 wrote:
Qman wrote:Of course I do. I like how you single me out for my quicklynch comment and not others.

>_<
Were you joking? I asked Albert, but FOS'ed you because you voted for me for not BW. How is your comment to be taken?
Qman wrote:It's a joke. heck it was my first post in the game!

:)
This conversation stuck out to me for some reason. At first when I read it, I saw Qman as being overdefensive to a simple joke. Farside's quote where he FOS qman sounds like farside is joking yet Qman comes back taking it seriously. This could be taken as overdefensiveness. Also, qman uses many emotes which makes me think that he may be trying to turn his defensiveness into jokes.

However, the overdefensive theory turns tables when farside comes back with a serious statement. His second quote solidifies his FOS as a serious FOS and not a joke. This leads to the question why single out qman but let all the other statements about quicklynching go on as a joke? Why was qman taken so seriously in the long string of jokes that is this thread?

Item #2:
Sethaniel wrote:ABR, do you have a reason for liking Jex? If you can give me a good one, I'll vote for her.
Sethaniel wrote:Ah, wait. So you like her personally, not like her as a candidate for lynch.

Or, you believe people who think like you do should be lynched.

Which is it, ABR? do you want me to vote for Jex?
These two quotes are what I assume are Sethaniel's way of breaking the line of jokes and turning this into a real game. Personally, I find anyone that asks for voting advice suspicious in any game whether its the beginning, middle, end, whatever. It always perks up my scumdar. I would also like to know why sethaniel singled out and questioned about one person, but not others that had been thrown on the block. What are the thoughts behind your madness sethaniel? hmmm?

Alright...it's 6am and I haven't slept so these are my crazy late night thoughts as I read through the game. They may mean nothing, but they are the only things that stuck out to me at this point.

Also...
unvote vote farside
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Jex »

farside22 wrote:
@Jex:
I voted for Q-man because I did not see his comment as a joke when I'm trying to promote discussion. I felt his vote against me was a reach at nothing and voted for him because his comment made no sense. How do you know if he was joking? I was trying to promote discussion instead of the random BW comments going on and he just off shoots at the hip for a first comment and vote I found it odd coming from him.
I can't prove that Q-man's comment was a joke, however, everyone was joking around about BWs and yet you singled out Qman. The more I look at the conversation the more I think that you (farside) were the one to overreact. What do you mean by you found it odd coming from him? It was his first post into the game, so I don't understand how it could be odd from him in particular.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Jex »

Yoshi wrote:
Jex self-voted, OMGUS'd, and hopped her vote around when many votes were on her, trying to be suspicious of many people.
vote: Jex

All of my votes up until my vote on Sethaniel were all joking around, you know...random game play for the random voting stage. Sethaniel was the first that I actually found suspicious and I'm currently torn between sethaniel and farside at the moment for most suspicious in my eyes.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Jex »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:You have beautiful eyes, Jex.
Aww schucks :oops: I think someone is trying to suck up to me.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Jex »

First off
unvote
. I understand where farside is coming from. I've never playing in a game with Qman before so have no idea if he usually jokes or plays seriously. I no longer find that conversation suspicious.
eldarad wrote:ABR, what is your opinion on our two sets of lovers?

Do you think it would be beneficial to lynch one of them on day 1 on the off-chance that they are scum?
Or do you think the 1/4 chance of a lover being treacherous (as opposed to 1/3 chance of a non-lover being scum) means we should lynch a non-lover instead?
This post massively bothers me! If you look at the roles, killing one lover kills the other. Therefore, if we out the lovers then we will either kill 2 town or 1 town and 1 mafia based on which pair we lynch. I do not find this beneficial to the town in any way shape or form.
vote eldarad

Also, why ask ABR his opinion on the lovers instead of someone else, or the whole group? ABR has done nothing but suck up to me this game and advocate for quick lynches. Does this make him trustworthy enough to ask important questions in this game?

Third thing on this post, you are voting for sethaniel for asking and opinion from ABR yet you are doing the exact same thing. I find this hypocritical.

This post really stuck out as scummy to me.
Yoshi wrote:I find more suspicious this lover thing going on between Albert and Jex -- propagated by Albert. I don't think a town player would want to telegraph a lover connection so obviously as Albert has done. I can't believe I missed it -- but Qman's 117 really made me rethink Albert's play, and in a game with lovers it seems so foolish to make an implication you are a lover so publicly!
I am not a lover with ABR. I never really thought about the fact that he may be trying to make it look that way with his posts. I tend to just write off ABR as joking and don't really take him seriously a lot of times. Overall, good point about him trying to make it look like he's a lover, bad conclusion because he is not my lover.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Jex »

P.S. - Happy birthday dahill!
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Jex »

eldarad wrote:
Jex wrote:This post massively bothers me! If you look at the roles, killing one lover kills the other.
What happens if one lover is lynched, and the other lover survives the night?
If you read the descriptions of the roles that the mod posted, it says that if one lover is killed the other dies as well. Therefore, the other lover would not have a chance to survive the night.
elderad wrote:How is trading one town for one scum not beneficial for the town?
If we get the right pair then good. We need to kill the lover pair that has the treacherous lover in it. However, if we just kill the lover pairs first off then there is the chance that we kill 3 townies looking for 1 mafia based on their title alone. I think we're better off looking for scum seeing as how it is only day one right now. Also, by having the lovers come forward we are basically painting a target on the backs of the town lovers since there aren't many powerroles in this game.
elderad wrote:
Jex wrote:Third thing on this post, you are voting for sethaniel for asking and opinion from ABR yet you are doing the exact same thing. I find this hypocritical.
Please show where I asked ABR who I should vote for.

I never said you asking ABR how to vote. I said you were looking for advice from ABR after attacking sethaniel for asking opinions from ABR as well.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:elderad is confirmed town. More S lynching plz.
How are you confirming townies? You claimed doctor which is supect in itself. The doctor doesn't detect scum. There also was no death and therefore no one to save and therefore no way to tell if someone is innocent or not.

unvote vote ABR

Your posts are getting ridiculous.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Jex »

I voted for ABR because I find his claim incredibly fishy especially since we have lurkers playing. For now
unvote
. I hate having claims out so early in the game because ABR's claim reaks of scum. However, I do not want to be on the wagon that lynches the doc if he turns out to be telling the truth. I'm taking his claim with a huge grain of salt and advise that others do as well.

Right now Yoshi is creeping higher and higher on my scum list. I need to reread through his posts in order to pinpoint it though. Something just rubs me wrong.

I have to go to class now, but I will come back with more later on.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by Jex »

Wow I leave for a couple days and all hell breaks loose.

I definitely think that Yoshi is scum that was caught and is now flustered that he can't dig his way out of it. His prompt change of vote to ABR after being targetted by Korts is a dead give away. To me it says "I'm scum with a theory but will change that theory if it appeases the town." His blowup and quitting of the game wreaks of scum that has given up and doesn't want to be caught. I can't stand when people quit just because the game gets a little heated, no matter what side you're on. I've also noticed that scum tend to do this in hopes that the town will give the replacement a little leeway and keep the scum team in tact. Either way, it's annoying.

unvote vote Yoshi
If he's not scum, then I don't know who is.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by Jex »

More to come later as I don't have much time to post right now but here's my starting thoughts:

Top of my scum list: Sethaniel, dahill, korts - will explain in a bit.

I'd also like to do a read of Flameaxe and Silence. My guess is that at least one of the scum were on the opposing wagon of ABR (Flameaxe and Sethaniel) and then Silence didn't vote which seems odd to me.

Sorry for the vague messages but I will return with more detail and insight.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Jex »

Role PMs
2 [color=green]Mafia[/color] PMs wrote:You are a member of the Mafia with XXXXXXXX. You may talk with your partner at night. Have one person from the group PM me the name of the player on behalf of the mafia. The named player will be killed. You win when the mafia equals at least half of the town.
3 or 4 [color=red]Townies[/color] PMs wrote:You are a Townie. You have no nightchoice. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Chance of [color=violet]Cop[/color] PMs wrote:You are a Cop. Each night, you may PM me the name of a player. If that player is alive, I will tell you if that player is Mafia or Not-mafia. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Chance of [color=darkred]Doctor[/color] PM wrote:You are a Doctor. Each night, you may PM me the name of another player. That player will be protected from a single kill effect that night.You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Chance of [color=blue]Roleblocker[/color] PM wrote:You are a Roleblocker. Each night, you may PM me the name of a player. That player will be treated as having not made a nightchoice that night. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Jex »

Ack! I totally just posted that in the wrong game...you can delete it
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Jex »

Sorry for my long hiatus there (other than the random wrong post...sorry). Midterms this week so I've been studying instead of mafia-ing.

I really don't like Sethaniel bringing up the WIFOM argument of "why would I kill farside?" Why would anyone kill him? Who knows. It doesn't prove anything and just makes me think you are scum.

I would like to hear more from Flameaxe, babygirl, and silence in regards to what they think about things since they have been extremely quiet through the whole game.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Jex »

I did a quick read on dahill and his posts just don't sit right with me. I don't have to time to pull out direct quotes at the moment, but here are my general thoughts.

1) dahill's argument on yoshi being scum claimed that yoshi was "wishy-washy" with his votes.

2) dahill's arguments seem to attack sethaniel then korts then sethaniel then korts...back and forth. Seems strange that his vote for yoshi was based on indecisiveness yet he can't make up his mind himself.

3) ..... i don't really have a 3.... those points are enough for me to
vote dahill
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by Jex »

Yea I'm a bit confused with how quickly Korts changed his vote from Seth to Dahill after going after seth so hard all day. Pretty sketchy if i do say so myself.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #27) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Jex »

kravhen wrote:Wow Korts smells scum... What kind of play is that?
Day 1 he's been buddying up and "obeying" ABR by going after Yoshi and then promising to lead a bandwagon on Seth day 2. That could very well be his way of not feeling guilty whenever Seth gets lynched, thanks to some "was only fulfilling a promise" "ABR told me to" "its his fault" kind of craplogic and gayplay.

Oh but wait... He's not even going after Seth anymore. The reason: there isn't enough support to go after Seth, so lets go after dahill instead since he's got a nicer bandwagon? Nice.

Korts, do you ever vote people because you REALLY think they're scum? Or do you just wanna lynch anyone? (can't blame you if you're scum, but you're making it painfully obvious here)

@ABR: Tell Korts to vote himself. See where it takes us.
I completely agree with a lot of what you just said about Korts. The fact that Korts was so quick to change his vote onto dahill makes him skyrocket on my scum list.

I'll be honest...I made the dahill argument in hopes of getting this type of reaction out of it and am absolutely shocked that he got to L-1 so quickly. Korts, Sethaniel, elderad and ABR were the ones that jumped on the train.

Elderad gave a reason for his vote so doesn't say scum to me all that much at this point.

Korts switched his vote without saying another word. Way sketch since he had been so gung ho for Sethaniel all day.

Sethaniel didn't give reasoning for putting his vote on dahill which is sketch, however he's a little less sketch in my eyes than korts seeing as how he wasn't really advocating for anyone before that. Its still sketch to jump on a bandwagon with no reasoning though.

ABR....how do you really analyze anything ABR does. He's claimed doctor so as of now I have no reason to suspect him since no one has counterclaimed.

Therefore my top scum are Korts and Sethaniel so
unvote vote korts
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Jex »

I lied...Seth did give reasoning for his vote. I missed it on my first read through somehow.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #29) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Jex »

ABR...you can't try to kill me off simply because I don't return the feelings you seem to have for me. Its just mean and spiteful. I'm sorry if your little heart is broken, but I hope we can still be friends :oops:
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #30) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Jex »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:You may substitute "home" for "to the graveyard".
Wait...so you won't go to the graveyard without me? Is that what you're saying with that song? Is this some romeo and juliet we both have to die to be happy type thing?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #31) » Mon May 05, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by Jex »

Sorry guys I've been real busy lately. I've read through and there doesn't seem to be much happening since my last post. I'm gonna read again, but wanted you all to know I'm alive. This week I have a lot on my plate so I apologize in advance for my lack of posting.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #32) » Sat May 10, 2008 7:14 am

Post by Jex »

While I understand the logic of killing off the known lover today, I feel that Korts only brought this plan up in order to get everyone's attention off of him and onto someone else. Korts is on the top of my scum list, as well as many others lists, and I feel he's the best lynch for the day.

The love plan works on any day, so we kill korts today (getting rid of one scum) and then deal with the lovers tomorrow.

Also, I'm indifferent to whether dahill should claim his partner or not. I see both pro-town and pro-scum reasons for doing it. I'm going to have to go with no, dahill shouldn't claim because I think it helps the scum more than it helps the town at this point. If the town wants to be rid of the lover pair there is no need to know the 2nd partner as we'd all just vote to kill dahill eliminating both. Therefore, a claim in unnecessary.

With that, my vote stays on Korts as he still sits at the top of my list of scum and I feel like he's just trying to save himself by targeting the lovers right now instead of waiting.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #33) » Fri May 23, 2008 5:41 am

Post by Jex »

Sorry for not being around. I'm being a horrible mafia player in all my games at the moment and I apologize.

As for the lover plan, I agree that it works fine. I also highly believe that Korts is scum. In my opinion, we kill korts today to get the mafia goon, and then the lover plan still works just as well tomorrow.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #34) » Mon May 26, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by Jex »

I'm sorry guys but I have asked for a replacement. I enjoyed playing this game but I recently had a death in the family and am getting replaced in all of my games in order to not drag them down. Good luck to all!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”