Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #104 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:the very clues to finding mafia lie in the links between the players, not in the hypothetical reasoning behind a vote.
Then I would assume the following scenarios:

If Alex attacks Beth:
- If Alex is scum, Beth probably is not scum
- If Alex is sk, Beth is not sk
- If Alex is mason, Beth probably is not mason
- If Alex is town, Beth could be any role

If Alex defends Beth:
- If Alex is scum, Beth probably is scum
- If Alex is sk, Beth is not sk
- If Alex is mason, Beth probably is mason
- If Alex is town, Beth could be any role
---
As for pseudo-lynch-deadlines: As long as the SK is alive, I agree with the consensus that we should lynch every 6 to 7 days, hopefully pre-empting the SK from making another kill.

Regarding Max: Meta-gaming wise, I generally find his posts confusing, regardless of alignment. In another game, Max and I were masons, and I had the hardest time understanding him.

In this game, Max's posting in this game seems more coherent, independent of Albert's accusations. Since Max attacked Beep Beep right off the bat...Since Beep Beep turned out to not be playing, I'm curious who Max current suspects.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #105 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Miztef wrote:I am going to switch to
unvote vote: max
though, because I think my guardian vote has a little too shallow evidence and isn't going to pick up any votes anytime soon.
The game is early, yet bandwagons seem swift, so I don't see how number of votes on Guardian should influence your suspicions of him or of Max.

The number of votes someone has isn't indicative of his / her scumminess per se. To use it as a reason to gauge scumminess seems odd, unconventional, and a poor reason in my opinion.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #107 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I notice some of our men haven't arrived yet; Tar, Lloyd where are you guys ?
It seems that you and I just cross-posted.

By the way, I'd like to continue game mechanics theory that you brought up earlier for discussion, because game mechanics is the main reason I signed up for this game.

At end of the other game, Pooky brought up wanting to make the game pace faster then. In this game, he ended up going with an SK instead of a hard deadline. What's your take on that, since you played in the other game?
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #120 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Lloyd »

Miztef wrote:Right now the hot button players players are max and neko, so I think focusing on them is good enough for now, barring any heavily scummy action from other players.
Your reasoning is confusing. Earlier, you FOS'd Sarcastro and Samruc for their votes on Max, yet you are using their votes to justify your vote.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #147 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Vote: Muffinhead

Guardian wrote:I support quick bandwagons in this game to allow scum not to get off a kill attempt before dying. Like, really quick. Like, -4 to lynch in a few hours.

I think that that is the breaking strategy here. Discuss?
Game mechanics here is fascinating compared to other mafiascum games; its pace reminds me of in person games.

Fast bandwagons is a good idea, especially since it can prevent scums from getting off kills. Instead of letting indecision dragging on for days, lynching fast should also limit WIFOM discussions.

It'd be really cool if the quick lynch strategy can spread beyond this game, possibly to other open setups? Day 1 in most games seem to drag on, because it's the expected norm, making me lose interest quickly.

Due to boredom with most day 1s...I end up signing up for multiple games simultaneously, getting them confused at times, when I would rather be focused on fewer games with faster pace.
Miztef wrote:Funnily enough, Max's vote seems like one of the most narrow minded of all the ones on muffinhead so far. Maybe that's just because I don't understand what he is saying at all in his post though.
It's very difficult to understand Max's posts in all games, but once you get past the initial steep learning curve, it becomes easier.
Max wrote:it leads me to believe beepy beep beep is scum
Beep Beep is an alt of DrippingGoofball, based on info from other games. With that said, your reason for suspecting her doesn't make sense.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #152 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Vote: Miztef
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #208 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Albert,

I want to discuss mechanics of the serial killer because it's a key difference between the two games.

It's odd that you would ask for opinions on game mechanics theory, reference the last game, yet discount the key difference between the two games.

I'm not the serial killer. I wanted to be when I signed up, and was hoping for the role (but didn't get it), so I gave SK strategy some thought before roles were assigned.

Right now...Given that 3 mafia are dead, I think the SK is now actively hunting for mafia. If all mafia are dead, it increases the likelihood of the SK's Risky Kill of succeeding.

Since I'm not the SK, I don't care whether we lynch mafia or SK. We have to lynch both sets of scums to win.
---
Guardian,

I think it's a mistake to discontinue quick lynching. It worked well on Muffinhead. If it ain't broken, why fix it?

I advocate continuing to quick lynch, because it gives less time for scums to engage in WIFOM discussions.

Another benefit of quick lynching is to catch lurker scum off guard.

As for others' arguments that quick lynching benefits the SK, I strongly disagree. By quick lynching, we give scums less time to react.

Unlike others, I think slow lynching benefits the SK, because it gives him / her time to figure out alignments for his / her Risky Kills.

I agree with your original assessment that quick lynchs may be a game breaking strategy, and we should continue to do so.

While we are winning (with 3 scums down), I think we should push on with quick lynches. If we start losing too many townies, then we can re-read then and also look at vote patterns then. Right now is time to quick lynch, and we should seize the momentum.
---
Here are my suspicions:

Miztef - I found him suspicious yesterday, and Albert agreed with me (yesterday, both Albert and I quoted the same sentence that Miztef wrote earlier). Today, I still find Miztef supicious, so my vote on Miztef remains.

armlx - Suspicious for confirming Miztef for supposedly being at L-1. In re-reading, Miztef had 6 votes at most, and we need 8 votes to lynch today. armlx's flurry of posts to find the SK isn't convincing either, and only adds to confusion.

Max - Max mis-wrote that I hammered, when ooba had hammered. I don't think it matters who actually hammered, so his argument fails to make sense. This is a second time (first Beep Beep, now me) that Max has used faulty logic as his reason to accuse someone.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #224 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Unvote

Vote: Flameaxe
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #227 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:41 pm

Post by Lloyd »

I don't buy the V/LA defense.
search.php?search_author=Flameaxe
indicates that you've been posting elsewhere this past weekend.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #229 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Lloyd »

On Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:54 am, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
farside22 wrote:If you are going to argue about someone's lynch and have reason that is one thing, but to place a vote without reason is scummie. Giving people a reason they didn't state when they voted is based on nothing but at name is bad. They should have there own opinon and state them or they can lie and use what ever logic you just stated as there own. Giving people a free pass to vote without reason should be noted.
I will destroy your entire argument in a single sentence:

"Its not what you can prove, its what you KNOW."

That's
the difference between this game and every other game you've played so far.
On Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:55 am, DrippingGoofball wrote:
Miztef wrote:... What are you even talking about? I suppose the previous post, but I'd prefer more eleboration.
That post made no sense at all. I suspect obfuscating scum.
Miztef wrote:Why are stating things such as "who should we lynch today, albert?" why are you inclined to listen to him? Or are you being sarcastic?
Fishing for Masons much? I happen to value Albert's opinion, dynamism, and decisiveness.

Hey Albert I wouldn't mind lynching Miztef, too.
On Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:11 pm, Samruc wrote:^ Good post
Samruc, who were you agreeing with? Albert, DGB, or both?
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #230 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Miztef wrote:-Blazerunner = 3 posts, decent amount of contribution average
-DGB = 8 posts, most with near 0 contribution average
-Max = 6 posts, decent about of content average
-Ooba = 6 posts, almost 0 contribution average
-samruc = 5 posts, low contribution average
-Sarcastro = 7 posts, decent amount of contribution average
-Flameaxe = 4 posts, low contribution average
Guardian wrote:blaze, good c.
dgb, i disagree, i think she has good c, helped lynch scum iirc.
max, good c.
ooba, more post, helped lynch scum.
samruc, about as bad as flameaxe.
sarcastro, decent c.

flameaxe, by far the worst.
Blazerunner = I agree with both of you
DGB = I agree with Miztef
Max = I disagree with both of you
Ooba = I agree with Miztef
Samruc = I agree with Guardian
Sarcastro = I disagree with both of you
Flameaxe = I agree with Guardian
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #684 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:02 pm

Post by Lloyd »

pooky, i had thought armlx killed because farside and sarcastro was on his list, but perhaps albert got to them first?

(after armlx and i both died, we exchanged some game notes, and that's how i know who he targeted)

my kill list conditionally triggered automatically when i am at lynch minus 2.

i knew who tarhalindur tried killing (miztef), because he planned it pre-game.

on day 1, i used my code and listed 6 kill targets (albert, dahill, dgb, ooba, samruc, guardian).

armlx found my code in the game, and knew who i tried killing first.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”