Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:01 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

I will not random vote. I never have, and I never will.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Objection! Occult is leading the witness!
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:45 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Since when is telling the truth a scumtell?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

You mean this question?
I would like to question Prof. Guppy on why he didn't kill anybody yesterday though, were you blocked?
It's not a fair question. It assumes that I have the ability to make kills. Occult doesn't know that for sure. He's deliberately trying to make me look like mafia without any kind of evidence.

FoS: Occult
Were you aware of this logical fallacy?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:20 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Occult wrote:accusation entertains me more.
That's the stupidest reason I ever heard. Accusations are for when you know someone has done something scummy, not for your own listening and dancing pleasure. The way I see it, either you're mafia, or a townie who's playing the game really badly. Either way, you have got to be lynched.

Vote: Occult

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

To me, there is no difference between a random vote and a random accusation. Both are useless, except as steps toward an innocent lynch. If you don't have any ideas about who is scum and who isn't, you need to keep your vote in your pocket.

And a throw-away post? You cannot be serious. Your voice is a valuble weapon, and must be used wisely. If you can't say something constructive, you shouldn't say anything at all.

Also, a bad townie does not help the town, but only hurts it. A townie who plays into the mafia's hand is like a cancer. Both must be removed. Occult is not helping us hunt scum, so he has got to go.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Okay, fine. I guess we're not playing Mafia, we're playing Kill Prof. Guppy. No, I understand. I've never gotten to actually play the game as a townie before, hey, why start now?

Unvote Vote: Prof. Guppy

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:44 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Unvote

Ha! My self voting-strategy worked again.

But seriously, I don't understand why Llamatek, or whoever, is so keen on lynching me. I'm clearly not scum, so how come he thinks so?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MightyFireball wrote:
Ha! My self voting-strategy worked again.
And what exactly would that be? Voting yourself to get others to unvote?
Well, yes, that, but also, I wanted everyone to reexamine their reasons for voting for me in the first place. In almost every game I've played, I've drawn suspicion for doing something that, at least to me, wasn't scummy at all. After playing the 'woe is me' thing, they ask me to quit being so emo or whatever and ask me to defend myself. I ask what the charges against me are, and I answer them. Then, everyone realizes I'm town, and we can all go back to hunting scum.

As long as I'm here, I'm going to
Vote: Occult
. I have no reason not to believe the vamp's cop claim.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

For a microsecond, I thought that maybe there
were
no mafia. But then I remembered that Occult was Mafia RB. Anyhoo, about Occult's last minute WIFOM, I find that the only winning move in that game is not to play.

Right now, I have no leads on anybody, but I plan to do some PBPA on people, and see what I can come up with.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

After an extensive PBPA on avinashv, I noticed that, in addtion to congratulating the doc, also offers up a lot of insight, but very little content. He can't seem to keep track of his voting patterns, either.

In conclusion, either my scumdar is malfunctioning (again), or avin is not as pro-town as he wants us to believe.

FoS: Avinashv

It may become a vote if'n he don't defend hisself.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:27 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

avinashv wrote: What's wrong with congratulating the doctor? Assuming that there is one, and assuming that he protected the cop, and assuming the mafia for some reason targeted the cop, I think the doctor did good.
Yes, the doctor did do a good thing for the town. But that's not the point. The point is you felt the need to announce it to everyone. Mafia often do that to vent their frustration at being denied a NK.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

avinashv wrote: Or a townie could do it to voice his praise/excitement.
Townies usually don't celebrate the doctor's successes because they know it will make them look like Mafia. More often than not, a "Go Doc!" comes from scum over town.

BTW, the real doc probably would claim, even if it did mean getting NK'd. I believe it was SensFan who said "As town, survival is your number two priority"

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:26 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Hello skyedoc.

Ration didn't really have a lot to offer us. If you could, please read back over the thread and see what you can deduce. I think this town could use your fresh insight.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

chrrip, chrrip, chrrip, chrrip.

Somebody want to get rid of those freaking crickets?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:41 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Look, skyedoc cannot be faulted for the actions of his replacement. After all, it's not like Ration discussed his strategy with Sky beforehand. Let's not do Ration a favor by keeping him in the discussion. He posted exactly twice, and neither time made any contributions. Let's just write him off, and focus solely on Sky's actions.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

SensFan wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:Look, skyedoc cannot be faulted for the actions of his replacement. After all, it's not like Ration discussed his strategy with Sky beforehand. Let's not do Ration a favor by keeping him in the discussion. He posted exactly twice, and neither time made any contributions. Let's just write him off, and focus solely on Sky's actions.
That's ridiculous. So if Ration had claimed UnNKVigDocSuperCop, then got replaced, we would let skyedoc slide completely? I realize that's a large exaggeration, but the principle is the same.
No, it isn't. Ration didn't claim GiantFlyingPumpkin. Ration hardly posted anything. Look, if a replacement is Mafia, we can figure it out without looking at his predececor's actions. I'm willing to give sky the benefit of the doubt, because I've been where he is now.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Wow. I haven't seen an accusation that myopic since the last mafia game I was in. In that game, Mr. Nearsighted turned out to be the jester. I doubt there's a jester in this game, but it's still worth a vote.

Vote: avinshav

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

MightyFireball wrote:
Me wrote:Wow. I haven't seen an accusation that myopic since the last mafia game I was in. In that game, Mr. Nearsighted turned out to be the jester. I doubt there's a jester in this game, but it's still worth a vote.

Vote: avinshav
If he was the jester, why would you vote for him?
That's a silly question. Of course I wouldn't vote for him if I thought he was jesting. But as the mod has made clear, there is no jester in this game, so he needs the vote. If nothing else, it will get him to shift his mindset.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Occult's WIFOM is a strange game. The only winning move is not to play. If I or Sky are really scum, you won't need to play the scumbucket's game to figure it out.

I'm still waiting to hear from Avin. He seems like the scummiest guy to me right now.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

I know avin is lying. He's not going to convince me I'm mafia, because I know I'm innocent. (Unless I'm some kind of blind miller or something.) But I guess this argument doesn't hold a lot of weight, unless I quote my role PM, which is verboten.

I trust vamp, so I guess his plan to confirm my innocence will make it one and done for my arch-nemesis.

Unvote Vote: No Lynch

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

For what it's worth, I think it is much more likely that avin is false claiming. What really sticks out at me is that he claimed he was the "Town Detective". It just seems odd that he felt the need to add that "Town" qualifier, when it's pretty much widely accepted that a "Detecive" would be pro-town. Of course, I could be completely off base on that. I'm just throwing my two cents in.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Ah, crap. I'm getting the rope for the good of the town. S'kool, I got other stuff ta do anyways.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:11 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:Guys note how Avin claimed Town Detective and I am Town Cop and I am assuming the other Power role is something like Town Doc........Guppy was wierded out by the Town in the claim obviously implying he knew not of this term for power roles in this game. This caused me to do a big turn around in my thinking of Avin as genuine as how (if not a genuine claim) would he know that the role title contained a Town in it. Guppy seems not overly concerned with his death which is also kinda wierd too.
Hey, as town, survival is my number two priority, remember? Finding scum is number one. If my lynch will help the town, then so be it.

Still, I would like to continue to play, if that's possible at all. So, I'm going to go ahead and claim.

Prof. Guppy=Townie

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

I've always wanted to do this.

Unvote: No Lynch

Self-Hammah Vote: Prof. Guppy

I hope the town gets the information it seeks from my demise.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”