Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

tyhess wrote:That's just how sarcastro plays. It's horribly anti-town. He's one of the worst players In that regards that I've played with.
Oh grow up. You've played in one game with me, and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I don't like to actually insult players' abilities, but since you've already crossed that bridge, you are far from competent enough to judge my abilities, considering you declared in this game that you
fake-claimed as town
. You played atrociously badly in Martyr Mafia by acting incredibly scummy and by going after me because of my playstyle. You never adequately explained what was wrong with my playstyle, and you still haven't here, despite calling it "horribly anti-town". So no, I don't really think you're qualified to say anything about my playstyle, because you
have no idea what the hell you're talking about

But yes, thanks for backing up the fact that that's how I regularly play.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Talitha wrote:I would much prefer to lynch farside than scramble around looking for another candidate now.

Besides the fact that she's almost certainly not the jester at this point, I still actually think she's scum in spite of her claim.

The tactic of leaving claimed doc alive for the scum to sort out kinda backfired on me in the last game I was in.
If you still think farside22 is
scum
, that's a fine reason to continue voting for her, but I do not agree that lynching 'scummy' claimed Docs because of
one
bad experience is a very good justification (which is only tacitly implied in your post; if it is incorrect, feel free to correct me).

When it comes down to it, we can reasonably assume that there is probably only one Doctor, but multiple scum. If we lynch the Doctor, it's gone, but if we lynch a scum, there's still going to be more around.

If we manage to lynch one of those
other
scum today, we can still make judgments about farside's claim later in the game -- and if she is telling the truth, her very existence could get scum to target a less 'ideal' target from their perspective, and may also result in her saving a townsperson.
hasdgfas wrote:PM quoting? :?
I certainly hope that was not an attempt to get Farside22 modkilled. Comments like this are completely pointless in-thread. Even
if
you are scum, you would have been better served sending a PM to Thesp. Regardless of alignment, this is bad form.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

sarc commented
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Oy, you're right - it was
Sarc
who did that and you who were questioning it. I was only skimming Sarc's posts. The commentary I had directed at you is now hereby directed at Sarc.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Sarc, I realize I'm getting more and more frusterated with you on a personal level, and that's immature and distracts from what we're supposed to be doing hear. I'm hereby going to tune you out, because you've said nothing of worth or insight and been nothing but belligerant and antagonistic at the same time. I won't sink to your level anymore
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by Thesp »

Official D2 Vote Count

Note:
Cult of the Couch Members:
1 (tyhess)

JDGA - 5
(hasdgfas, petroleumjelly, Monkey, RossWilliam, farside22)
RossWilliam - 1
(Holy)
Monkey - 2
(Mastermind of Sin, Sarcastro)
farside22 - 3
(PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha, MeMe)
al_kohaulec - 1
(Battle Mage)

Not Voting - 6
(QuickBen,
Cult of the Couch (1)
, Iammars, JDGA, curiouskarmadog, al_kohaulec)

With 18 alive, it's 10 to lynch. Deadline in ~2.5 days. Next vote count will include order-of-votes info.

Prodding all players who haven't posted in the last 72 hours, replacing non-responders.
Last edited by Thesp on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

:?

Unvote: JDGA
. I'm concerned about the players on this bandwagon, and given that only a plurality is necessary for a lynch, my vote is not strictly needed to achieve anything at this point. I would still suggest against lynching Farside22 for the time being, but I will not have time to read the game through and decide where I want my vote to be before deadline.

Note:
I will be gone from tomorrow (Thursday) to approximately Sunday, likely without access to a computer.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by Talitha »

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/T ... ia/doc.png

Played around with the URL address of the other card pics.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by MeMe »

Plurality
-- just more than anyone else has. Am I the only one who missed that completely?

And seeing as I was unaware that mith had named any of the card images on the site and I've been here for way longer than four months, I'll take my vote off.

unvote: farside22
vote: QuickBen
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by Thesp »

Please do not directly link to any more images on my photobucket site. Images of cards can be found courtesy of Mr Stoofer's link in Face to Face Mafia. Thanks.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
farside22 wrote:
MeMe wrote:
unvote: QuickBen
vote: farside22

Of the two wagons, this one seems safer.
Why because your scum partner could be lynched.
Seriously what has JDGA said that makes you think he isn't scum or that I'm more likely scum?
ugh, this sounds like a deflection..., I dont like this post either, but your claim (without a counter claim) still stands good in my eyes
FoS: ckd
This sounds too much like asking for another player to counterclaim if they are the doctor. If farside is lying, she will be found out. Forcing a claim from the "real" doc, if there is one, only eliminates a valuable protective role from us for no purpose. Because even after the counterclaim, there'd be no knowing if there is more than one doc in this game or not.
farside22 wrote:Well I didn't care for MeMe's comment. She just votes without reason. Do I sit there and just take a vote without commenting on the lack of reasoning? It's a piss pour vote and without reason. She's been too quiet and it irks me that some people are getting away with doing that.
MeMe's had reasons, and I've seen her list some. I agree and have mentioned that she is unusually quiet, but to say she hasn't commented on you at all is faulty. And her choosing you over JDGA doesn't come as a surprise to me because there is good reason to believe JDGA to be the jester, which is previously mentioned in the thread.
Sarcastro wrote:
RossWilliam wrote:Sarcasto, you can keep saying it all you want, but the rest of the town is opposed to reckless self-endangerment. Farside is not getting lynched today. If she's scum, good for her for pulling a fast one on us, but even if thats the case we'll lynch her tomorrow.
No, not good for her. Doctor is the most obvious scum claim there is. It's hardly "pulling a fast one" if she just calls out the first thing that comes to her head and everybody else says "Oh noes! We can't lynch a claimed doctor! Not ever! It would be wrong!"

Farside is scum. Seriously. She's scum. There's no use leaving obvious scum alive just because she claimed a certain role. This weird absolutist principle of not lynching people who claim certain things is ridiculous and only helps the scum.
There are two extremes that one could take. The extreme you are describing is refusing to lynch a claimed power role regardless of evidence. However, you are taking the other extreme of lynching a claimed power role with no regard to the evidence. You are using the claim as the solely necessary evidence for a lynch. How are the real power roles ever supposed to come forward or survive a lynch?

I considered farside's claim and her and her predecessor's actions. And especially concerning her claim (though I'm really not happy to her referencing the card, and don't like people doing that), I sincerely believe her to be the doctor and also the wrong lynch.

Vote: Sarcastro

I believe you are pushing your lynches too far, trying to ignore any responsibility for the lynch, and you don't sound like you have the town's interests in mind.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

farside22 wrote:@MeMe: Why do you think JDGA is the jester. I would say Sarcastro is more likely the jester do to his constant. Lets lynch her she is scum comments over and over. His hammer vote day one and the fact he thinks anyone can claim doctor and it looks good.
That said why hasn't anyone asked what the picture of the doctor is. Obviously there are pictures on each of the cards. The mason on perry mason (cute) and the town has a pic. Well the pic on my card is on Bones McCoy from Star Trek. All I thought to say when I got it was "Damn it Jim I'm a doctor not a miracle worker." :lol:
Unvote

Vote: Farside

Before I explain myself, Farside, tell me where you found the cards, and how you recognized the pictures, and why you think that us asking about the picture is such a big deal?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by Talitha »

Alko: the mason and town cards that farside references have been posted by the mod already.

PJ: I would not be voting for her if I had any reason to believe she is town. The last game I played in was not a bad experience as such (I probably didn't explain it properly) but more a clarifying experience that it's not necessarily a great meta-strategy to let a claimed doc live. It's not like there's a claimed power role in the open who needs protection. If she's doc her days/nights are severely numbered anyway. But most of all, dispelling of confusion is worth more than the small chance of saving a town life. We should judge her purely on whether we think she's scum, not on the claim.

My reason for posting the above link was to show that by substituting 'doc' for 'townie' or 'mason' into the web address for the card pictures that the mod has already posted you can get a picture of the Doc card with the Star Trek guy on it. Any scum could've found that within 2 minutes, like I did.

So my vote is staying on farside - my gut just says she is scum. The way MeMe is flirting with voting her, but really doesn't want to be voting her, is suspicious to me too, but that could possibly be paranoia on my part.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:08 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

al_kohaulec wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
farside22 wrote:
MeMe wrote:

Why because your scum partner could be lynched.
Seriously what has JDGA said that makes you think he isn't scum or that I'm more likely scum?
ugh, this sounds like a deflection..., I dont like this post either, but your claim (without a counter claim) still stands good in my eyes
FoS: ckd
This sounds too much like asking for another player to counterclaim if they are the doctor. If farside is lying, she will be found out. Forcing a claim from the "real" doc, if there is one, only eliminates a valuable protective role from us for no purpose. Because even after the counterclaim, there'd be no knowing if there is more than one doc in this game or not.
first of all, in the same post you have gone from saying I was "asking for" to "forcing" a claim. I did nothing of the sort. I was explaining why I am not voting farside, furthermore, I do not see why other's are voting farisde. Please can you provide a quote where I was forcing anyone to claim? forcing anyone to counter claim?
al_kohaulec wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Farside

Before I explain myself, Farside, tell me where you found the cards, and how you recognized the pictures, and why you think that us asking about the picture is such a big deal?
now we are so close to deadline, you "will not explain yourself" and vote the claimed doc because he references cards that have been posted in the thread by the mod. I think you are trying anything to rouse a last minute BW...not buying it.

vote al_ko
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:43 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Talitha wrote:Alko: the mason and town cards that farside references have been posted by the mod already.
Thank you Tally, I forgot about the cards revealed for our dead players.

My reasoning (which is now obviously faulty, and why I was questioning for the details before elaborating) is that farside must have done a lot of research to find out what certain cards looked like, such as the mason. Since he has no way of knowing who is on the mason card without having looked it up, it's more plausible he could've looked up his 'claimed doctor' card, and the phrasing he used in his post sounded overeager in using that fact to prove himself. It came off to me that he had done a lot of research, and pooled out the information to try to convince people that since he "knew something about the card that only the cardholder could know," he was obviously the cardholder.

Also, my conclusion that he was willing to do that much research to find information on the cards proves that he is capable of extranneous research, and with his delay in claiming who he protected, it leaves more evidence to him stalling until he could find a likely target to claim.

But thanks to Tally, I know the basis for this argument is at fault, so I'm back to believing in her claim.

Unvote
Vote: Sarcastro
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:07 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Ok obviously we need to come to a collective decision quickly before deadline to get something done.

So I am invoking the emergency war powers act and enlisting players for a quicklynch on somebody.

Sign up for this if you can place a vote sometime between 9pm EST tonight and the deadline and if you are willing to unconditionally follow moi onto a target.

I've printed out the thread and will be doing a rigorious analysis and what not.

and i shake my fist at all those silly people who are so easily cowed by a doc claim.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

MeMe wrote:

is this a bit of change of stance from your previous post? :o
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:52 am

Post by MeMe »

Talitha wrote:The way MeMe is flirting with voting her, but really doesn't want to be voting her, is suspicious to me too
I haven't "flirted" with voting her, I actually
have
voted her. I unvoted her because:

1) I remembered the cards from MeMeMeet/Thespival and thought that, since she hadn't attended, she must have been PMed the actual card...only to revote her when Sarc pointed out that her claim could've easily come from mith's thread on cards.
2) unvoted her again when her non-fussy "didn't see the thread" explanation rang true to me since I
also
hadn't seen it (refer to #1).

I do find your explanation of how you were able to view the doc card to be pretty interesting and I get that scum would've been motivated to make sure they knew what a card looked like before false claiming (and even if I doubt that farside on her own would've done it, I realize that farside in a scum group may have been
handed
the information by a scumbuddy). I do think the fact that farside didn't initially claim her card but seemed rather put out that no one asked her about it sounds more "ace in the hole" than forthright. I will be online much between now and deadline & will keep my ears open (not an offer to follow Pooky blindly, but I can definitely change my vote before deadline).
Talitha wrote:but that could possibly be paranoia on my part.
Could be paranoia, or could be that you want to keep my name out there as a possible lynchee later. The three times you've mentioned me have been extremely "may/may not be scummy." Can't see much point in those kinds of statements -- if you don't have a feel one way or another on a player, why mention it?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Al Ko is obviously the play today.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:55 am

Post by MeMe »

Battle Mage wrote:
MeMe wrote:

is this a bit of change of stance from your previous post? :o
Nope. The two wagons two which I referred here were JDGA and farside22 -- and I've stated I don't want to be voting a possible jester, which I think JDGA could be. What's your confusion?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:55 am

Post by MeMe »

grr -- should be "two wagons TO which..."
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

my confusion was ur general votehoppyness...
Show

Nightkilled - 10

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:01 am

Post by MeMe »

Well, that's not what you said...
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

w/e. you arent as fishy as PJ atm anyway, so rest easy.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades