Mini #556 - The Most Excellent People Ever - Called.

Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Thanatos »

vote:Urzassedatives
for band wagoning silliness.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Thanatos »

Sorry, don't prod me. I'vew had a very busy week and couldn't participate as much. I'll be better from now on.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Ok, I've only skimmed portions of this, but I'm amazed we didn't quick lynch Jester. He recomended no-lynch, acted pointlessly serious for no good reason at Korlash, and has basicly defended himself in a piss poor way. He really deserves a fourth vote, at least.
Vote:Jester

BTW, I'm claiming Kira.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:34 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Ok, I've been on vacation for a week. I'm sorry, I thought I posted something here about it.

First off, the name claim was a joke, totally. Jester, with a avatar from the same series, should have known that. The fact that he didn't, or pretended that he didn't, worries me.

Second, I really like Loyld's analysis of the votes. What's interesting is, not only does Panzer vote hope, he's usually the second vote. I wouldn't call that a scum tell off hand, but it's something.

finally, Lovo is striking me as a lurker. There, but infrequintly enough that he's hard to read. The lack of voting is a part of this.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:54 pm

Post by Thanatos »

The Jester wrote:EBWOP: Ah, Than ninja'd me. Well I wasn't sure if it was a Deathnote joke, well okay, than ignore my above post on Than. (I didn't notice your avatar was from death note, I didn't look at it too closely.)
It's not, actually. I used to have one, though, but that was a lifetime ago.

Anyways, you should have figured it out. The fact that I was talking about you, to you, when I brought it up, should have factored in. And even if you wern't sure, you should have brought up the possibility, as you, and ONLY you, would have caught the relevance.

Frankly, I think it's very scummy of you to let that go.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Korlash wrote:How does having an avatar from a series that has a kira in it mean jester will automatically know when your joking? That seems a bit idiotic. hell joke calims in general are idiotic.
That's not what I'm saying. Kira is the main character of the series that he knows enough of to make into his avatar. To not even BRING up the possibility is suspect.

Although, if Jester did bring it up, which I mustive missed, then I retreat my claim on Jester's actions.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Yeah, I'm sorry, Korlash. I've been in a rough real life patch, for a while. Once upon I time I was very active, and I feel bad about it.

Other than that, though, I agree with everything in your post, Korlash. Even that my claim was scummy. It was a stupid attempt at a joke, and I messed up. I honestly don't know what I was thinking.

Still, what bugs me is people reading so much into it as to actually make more of it than it really is. It's a conversation piece at best, and a distraction at worse. To actually make a tell out of a joke is silly.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Cavebear with a toothache wrote:Thanatos: Way to distract the town and then disappear for a week. >_>

Tyhess hasn't posted for more than two weeks. That's some heavy duty lurking right there...
Mod: Prod tyhess, please.
It's called vacation. I was in NYC with no internet.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:35 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Guardian wrote:
Thanatos wrote:Still, what bugs me is people reading so much into it as to actually make more of it than it really is. It's a conversation piece at best, and a distraction at worse. To actually make a tell out of a joke is silly.
This sets off about 100 alarm bells in my head. There's a user on this site named EmpTyger -- his user title "It's a JOKE" is from when he got caught as scum for making a joke. Jokes can definitely be scummy.

Thanatos has been lurking about as bad as tyhess, even counting his two vacations. Why does he have us talking about avatars? Why is having an avatar a reasonable indicator of anything? I select avatars based on google picture searches for terms like "cool guy", the avatar I end up getting might be something I know nothing about.

Lovo isn't making much sense. Scum?

unvote: tyhess

vote: Thanatos

FOS: Lovo

unFos: Panzer
reasonable play lately, and someone pointed out his vote changes made sense... and they did, to an extent.

Lloyd has quieted down now that people are getting more suspicious of him... Odd.
Jokes can be scummy? Interesting. Can you go into detail about how, exactly, he was outed by a joke?
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:39 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Seriously, Panzer? Kira would be scum, but he also wouldn't be in this game's flavor, so you're really splitting hairs. I was making a joke about Jesters avatar, and a recognition that I knew where his avatar was from. Judge me by my actions, not an off-handed comment. I don't really care if I look more suspicious for it. I know, in hindsight, that it was stupid, so I deserve that much punishment at least, but to base a vote on it? Because it worked once before? That's downright silly.

I can't defend myself with anything other than what I've been saying. "It's a joke." That's all there is to say. Could we stop distracting everyone from what else is going on (mainly you, panzer V. Lloyd) with a fruitless conversation, or do you have something new to add to this?
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Thanatos »

Korlash: and you shouldn't, and I'm not.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Frankly, Panzer, doing nothing but repetition seems really scummy, and a way of appearing to be doing something, while really it just ends up blending in and, at best, is tunnel vision. You've made a few decent content posts, but mostly it's just restating your hunches. Or am I wrong?
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Thanatos »

I know that, Cavebear. Right now I'm looking for something to sink my teeth into and comment significantly on. I've really only just begun getting back into Mafia, and there are alot of jokers going on right now. I am trying to enter into the Panzer/Lloyd debate right now though. Frankly, I don't see what Lloyd's done that's so scummy, and I liked his PBPA. But maybe I missed something.

Was it really 2 weeks though? I could have sworn I made the kira joke shortly before break.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Thanatos »

Cavebear with a toothache wrote:
Thanatos wrote:Was it really 2 weeks though? I could have sworn I made the kira joke shortly before break.

Yep. You made the Kira claim February 19 and returned from your vacation March 3.
Guardian wrote:Um, about lloyd, I meant he has a pattern of using too many words when fewer would have sufficed.

His doing so was suspicious because it is easy to obfuscate the meaning of one's posts when they're too elongated.
Okay, I think I get what you mean.
I understand how that might be suspicious, but I think he was really just being analytical. Based on what I saw, at least, I though his points were good.

As for the break, thing, I checked the dates. My Vacation began the 23rd, and right before it, I had midterms. That's why I got confused.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:07 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Can I get a vote count?
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Thanatos »

Cavebear: I'm trying to see where the game stands right now. I'm not going to make a massive turn around just by seeing who's voting who, but it is interesting. Something I have noticed however, by this and other things, is a connection between myself and lloyd that's...disconcerting, mainly due to the possibility that I'm wrong about him, in which case, I'm probably dead meat.

Jester: I didn't forget midterms. Your mincing my words. Mid terms included 2 tests, and a general increase in work load. I forgot when I posted the kira claim, and a quick cross reference of the dates and schedule let me know what had happened.

As for where I've been recently, I had a minor accident earlier this week, and I couldn't really get on at all here much. I haven't been paying this game much attention with everything going on, and for that I'm sorry.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:45 am

Post by Thanatos »

while I stand by my disagreement on Lloyd's scuminess *though, I wonder where he vanished to* I think t hat if your trying to decided between lynching a scumy player, and an inactive player, the choice is obvious.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Thanatos »

As I said, this is a hard game for me to play. That said, however, unless Lloyd starts being more active, I may vote for him, just because I'll think he's avoiding confrontation.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:39 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Well, the think Lloyd is that I'm having trouble seeing the problem that everyone else seems to have with you. I'm hopeing that just by having you talking will help me come to a more fair conclusion, without just mindlessly agreeing.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Thanatos »

I do agree on one point. That Aha moment was Major role fishing (as was the person who directly asked if Korlash was the cop) and the fact is, in a battle between Panzer and Lloyd, I'd probably go with a lloyd lynch simply to keep the game from stalling.

I'll let him claim first, and then decide where I'll stick my vote.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by Thanatos »

wow. I don't know what the fuck just happened.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by Thanatos »

yeah, I'm tempted to agree with the concensus here, that Korlash is in no way implicated with Lloyd due to that claim, for obvious WIFOM reasons, and Guardian seemed to be building a case against him on it in Twilight, which worries me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”