UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:26 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

And you didnt answer the question
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by Guardian »

logging out of mafiascum for the night, possibly for the week,

you fuckers make it not worth it.

stoofer, if you feel the need to replace/modkill me, i understand, but im sick of bullshit like this ruining every large game i've ever been in (aside from ork mafia, guess i was saved by being unequestionable town helping)

persecuting active players, especially with bullshit tongue and cheek crap, is stupid, anti-game, and anti-site.

bye, at least for 24 hours.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:28 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

*blink*

the fuck?
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Post by Twomz »

Gorrad wrote:
Twomz wrote:at first glance it appears as if 1/2 the people on the wagon are either confirmed or not really being considered right now.
Can you be more specific?
Fritzler was the original vote on k-scope, and although he hasn't been posting as much as I am used to him posting, it is pretty much a given that a public resurrector would be a protown role (the fact that it is public and supposedly for just one day negated cult).

hasgdfas is one of the masony dudes.

MBL was on the wagon, and he is protown def.

I know I'm town, and Cicero and Claus have been giving me pretty protown vibes... that just leaves thesp, TSQ and Rosso and if anybody that has voted for k-scope but is missing from the post counts I've seen.

Also, if anyone noticed someone pushing the K-scope wagon without voting... pointing that out would probably be a good idea.

But, I doubt we're gonna get a solid day 1 wagon based on scum tells and logic today. It'll probably be a mad wagon rush/claim fest trying to ensure that there is not a no lynch, but that we don't lynch believable power role claims.

And you people that are just throwing insults back and forth need to grow up. There's a level when it's funny, and then there's a level when it's just childish and retarded.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Guardian wrote:logging out of mafiascum for the night, possibly for the week,

you fuckers make it not worth it.

stoofer, if you feel the need to replace/modkill me, i understand, but im sick of bullshit like this ruining every large game i've ever been in (aside from ork mafia, guess i was saved by being unequestionable town helping)

persecuting active players, especially with bullshit tongue and cheek crap, is stupid, anti-game, and anti-site.

bye, at least for 24 hours.
When you go after someone for simply saying "Yarr", you are bound to get criticism. Thats all this was. Not all towns will blindly follow you like you are expecting us to. This is your problem, not ours. Deal with it.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Guardian wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:ha ha ha i'm such a twat
qft
Oh I missed this.

Then after all that, you resort to being silly like this.

Note to self: Raising a somewhat serious point against an idea of Guardian will get me a quotehack. Restrain from doing this.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:51 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Guardian:
I think I already got in a discussion re: the whole confirmation before death scene stuff... I guess we are getting senile in our old age.

Twomz:
I've pushed lines of inquiry into one or two people, without voting them. Why is this something you think should be looked at?

Everyone:
Remember to have fun, and remember everyone else is having fun in their own, special way. There's no reason to get snappy in more than a joking manner, especially day one. If we all have a big burnout, interest will wane, the game will die. Nobody wants that.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Guardian, if your skin is that thin, then GTFO, and good riddance.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:05 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Guardian's post 800 is unacceptable. This is a final warning -- do anything like that again and you will be replaced.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:17 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Frankenstein collapses!

Last entry in the diary of Victor Frankenstein
-- Experiment seems to have worked... too tired to write up results properly... He keeps calling me "padawan"... so tired... so very tired

Fritzler - Victor Frankenstein (Resurrector) - has died of exhaustion
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

KaleiÐoscøpe: 8 (Thesp, Twomz, cicero, Thestatusquo, Claus, hasdgfas, Rosso Carne, Guardian)
Guardian: 5 (Erg0, Thok, Mgm, Flameaxe, UltimaAvalon)
Gorrad: 1 (The Fonz)
Thesp: 1 (Gorrad)
Iammars: 1 (Sir Tornado)
Twomz: 1 (KaleiÐoscøpe)
Rosso Carne: 1 (Kison)
mikeburnfire: 1 (JordanA24)

Not voting: 5 (Skruffs, Iammars, mikeburnfire, Samruc, MrBuddyLee)

13 to lynch!

Deadline: 9am GMT Monday 11th February.

A reminder of the deadline rule:
[quote][05] At deadline, a person will be lynched if they have a majority of voters voting for them. That means you can be lynched with just one vote if only one person is voting. [/quote]
Currently 19 players are voting, which would mean that (since nobody has 10 votes), nobody would be lynched at deadline.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:38 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Why is it brought up then? It's not like it makes you more confirmed because you didn't claim mason.

I guess I have to ride the self-safety road
Unvote Vote: Guardian
. I feel to do so because Guardian doesn't have a problem with doing it to me either.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:36 am

Post by Thok »

Huh. Some of KScope's and Guardian's play makes me wonder if they are from the same scum group. (Guardian was trying to push Iammars over KScope until he started getting run up, and KScope's need to justify his vote on Guardian by "Guardian doesn't have a problem with this", in a situation where that vote doesn't really need to have a justification.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:07 am

Post by The Fonz »

Thok wrote:The Fonz, who's the play?
I'd actually like to see a Mikeburnfire wagon here.

unvote, vote mikeburnfire

Reason being, he strikes me as being equally culpable for the Mars crapwagon as Guardian, but I find Guardian the more likely to be sincere, and it to be highly suspect that MBF gets a tiny fraction of the scrutiny for holding essentially similar positions.
mikeburnfire wrote:
do you seriously think that, at this point in the game, there was enough evidence against Mars to lynch him?

As good as any other reason
This really rings warning bells in my head, as if Mike is supporting the wagon simply because it's a wagon.

His actions seem to portray a general indifference to who gets lynched- see the 'I'm comfortable with lynching any of the top three atm' post. Even if they were all decent wagons, I find it hard to see it as pro-town to be basically indifferent between the main wagons. Granted, he does actually oppose a Guardian lynch.

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Vote: Guardian

Whats funny is you believe the things you type.
I notice Guardian himself has already picked up on this, but if you believe him to be sincere, then why are you voting him for it?

Other points:

A Guardian wagon remains preferable to a Scope or Mars one. My meta on G is inconclusive- I've seen him act like this with the mass omgus 'everyone against me is either scum or moron' thing as both town and scum. Though there's some validity to the claim that he's drawing more attention because he's active, it's a long way from true to suggest that it's the main reason for his wagon. That's massively overplaying it. He has, after all, implied scumminess twice off the basis of things that I don't consider scumtells.

I'm also kinda concerned about where the Thesp wagon went. He had six votes at one point, and was the vote leader as recently as a week ago (with four). His wagon just seems to have disappeared, without anyone really have given much of a reason for now finding him less scummy. I hate both of Thesp's votes thus far (Mars, Scope) so this would, I think, be my wagon of second preference.

So,

1. MBF
2. Thesp
3. Guardian
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:15 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

The Fonz wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:

I notice Guardian himself has already picked up on this, but if you believe him to be sincere, then why are you voting him for it?
You missed the point of that post entirely. I've already stated what I meant by it. Guardian's explosion when asked a simple question didn't help either.

There is no lynch today unless it is Guardian's lynch. Anyone who reads pages 32 and 33 and thinks otherwise are dumb or scum. (See what I did thar?)
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Thesp »

I'm going to try and get a good post in tonight - I haven't forgotten about you all.

I don't see the sense in a Guardian wagon right now - I think he's genuinely playing poorly this game, and genuinely frustrated.

I do think we should lynch someone by Saturday.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:29 am

Post by The Fonz »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:

You missed the point of that post entirely. I've already stated what I meant by it. Guardian's explosion when asked a simple question didn't help either.
Yes, you said you found his opinions unbelievable. But the plain meaning of your words is up there. It clearly suggests you think he believes what he's saying.

And Guardian ALWAYs explodes when he thinks he's being wagonned based on crap. (Or when he's scum trying to act like he does as town). He's known for it.
There is no lynch today unless it is Guardian's lynch. Anyone who reads pages 32 and 33 and thinks otherwise are dumb or scum. (See what I did thar?)
If it comes down to Guardian or Scope, i'm quite happy lynching the former. But I'm not going to accept that it's already determined that our choice is that narrow.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Erg0 »

Guardian (post 452) wrote:Erg0, two points:

First, you've indicated coorelation, and sure you can assume causation, but that isn't the case -- repeating your arguments emphatically made me reconsider staying on the wagon.

Second, how strongly do you think I believed in the wagon in the first place? When people asked me about this, I said "I think my vote is in a good place for now." I Never said OMG Mars=Scumz lynch lynch/dayvig! If you read my posts carefully I was never that fervent about lynching Iammars, but his was among the first substantial wagons, and I thought the evidence I uncovered was the best we had to go on at the time.

From my perspective, your voting me for this is in essence persecuting me for being proactive and trying to get out of the random/noise stage.
This does not sound to me like someone who sincerely believed in the Mars wagon to begin with.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

This really rings warning bells in my head, as if Mike is supporting the wagon simply because it's a wagon.
Well, I suppose. I encourage participation in the game if possible. Even if I have trouble contributing myself, I'll partake in a wagon on this sort.
His actions seem to portray a general indifference to who gets lynched- see the 'I'm comfortable with lynching any of the top three atm' post. Even if they were all decent wagons, I find it hard to see it as pro-town to be basically indifferent between the main wagons.
Yeah, it's not sniper-precision here, it's a big ol' shotgun blast of buckshot. I concede that I am fairly indifferent as to who gets lynched today. I don't have much evidence, so I'm voting with my gut, for the most part. I don't have any positive reactions about those guys, I'm not going to weep if we lynch one of them.

For the record, of the two people you noted, I have good vibes about 1 and 3, and am neutral about your #2. Not neutral in the indifferent sort of way, because I really don't want to lynch people who've been strongly active, which Thesp has been. And given the choice between Guardian and KD, I'm going to vote KD.

vote: KaleiDoscope
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Iammars »

mikeburnfire wrote:Does it bother you to be 800 pages in, and people are still discussing it like it's the most important thing that has happened?
Yes and no. Yes in the fact that I'm bothered by the fact that it was even brought up in the first place. No in the fact that the more it's talked about, the more and more ridiculous Guardian looks.
mikeburnfire wrote:If I recall correctly, and correct me if I'm wrong because I have trouble keeping this game straight, you said that wikipedia couldn't help you decide if your role was pirate/ninja/whatever. It seems to me that something like that would be pretty obvious. Why don't you tell me what your flavor is so I can look it up, if it's so difficult for you to define yourself?
My role is either one of two things: Pirate
or
not pirate and not ninja. I'm leaning heavily towards the second, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm going to PM stoofer about it.
And no, because from what I did read in Wikipedia, if I give you my role name, I give you my role.
Erg0 wrote:In fact, all that I actually did in practice is ask Mars why he was consciously choosing not to vote you at a critical moment.
I've been thinking about this, and you're right. I just get really nervous towards a deadline.

Guardian wrote:at that point in time, I had the information of his confirming like a pirate, and the death scene, implying pirates = scum
Right, because I would totally claim scum.
Wasn't the original reasoning based on me being ninja scum?
Guardian wrote:persecuting active players
who use good logic
, especially with bullshit tongue and cheek crap, is stupid, anti-game, and anti-site.
Fixed. Bad logic means that you have a better chance of being scum, ergo we should lynch you.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Unvote
I don't want to lynch Kscope for lurking when he does it every game, which I guess means I'm waffling. Generally he, and sirT, at least in my opinion, tend to be more active day 2 onward, so I guess they're better left to tomorrow anyway. I just don't know. Thok will probably hammer this for being "non committal" but meh. I'd rather be hammered then voting for something I wasn;t sure I wanted to lynch at deadline.

Twomz has not been in the thread since I stopped voting him, has he?
FoS: Twomz
It looks very poor to just pop in to defend yourself and then leave without adding anything.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

^ Really? Because being hammered is one of the worst things that can happen to me, as it reduces the number of players on my side and worsens my chances of winning. Compared to that, voting for somebody I'm not sure about doesn't seem so bad.

And what do you mean by "Thok will probably hammer me"? You don't even have any votes on you at the moment.

FOS: TSQ
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by Thok »

mikeburnfire wrote:And what do you mean by "Thok will probably hammer me"? You don't even have any votes on you at the moment.
Pretty sure TSQ means hammer as in "attack unrelentlessly", as opposed to but the final vote on.

I think, as a change of pace, I'll let other people react to TSQ's post without commenting on it.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”