ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:16 am

Post by ooba »

Korts wrote:Sooo, how do we start about playing a game with a theme like this? This is my first theme game, so do help out.
Like any other game - By trying to hunt out scum ..

Theme games generally have 'odd' roles compared to normal games and flavor information also plays its part . I've never played or seen a 11 player game before though- How is the usual setup?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by ooba »

Johoohno wrote:
logisticus wrote:Oh, the random voting stage, how I did not miss thee.
Everyone has chipped in (most ones with a vote). I guess random voting stage is over and done with, how would you like to proceed?
Just curious - why this particular quote ?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by ooba »

Johoohno wrote:Is it a question to me or logisticus? If it's for me I was just wondering how logisticus would like to proceed a first day game since random voting isn't his idea of how to do it.
The question was directed at you.

Hmm fair enough. Your quote just struck me as odd since you had to go back to page one to quote it .

Another thing i noticed :
Johoohno wrote:
Vote lovo14
for wasting valuable posting space by confirming in the thread.
logicticus wrote:Well its actually progressing not terribly, just slow. We are on a three week deadline after all.
You are the only two players to make mentions about the two added rules - namely about the 40 page posting limit and the 3 week deadlines.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by ooba »

Pug89 wrote:Sorry I'm still here. There's just not much going on right now.
Well there is now ..

Vote : Pug89
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:42 am

Post by ooba »

Johoohno wrote:
ooba wrote:
Pug89 wrote:Sorry I'm still here. There's just not much going on right now.
Well there is now ..

Vote : Pug89
Nope, nothing going on actually (since you need to unvote before you vote someone new - how could you've missed that after the rules been scrutinized earlier).
I stand corrected.

However i did not notice the vote already on pug from the random vote stage previously. Do not want to put him at L-2 so ill just
Unvote
for now

For a game about X-men, this game is sooo dull. And we've exhausted one week of our three week deadline ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:44 am

Post by ooba »

Korts wrote:Let's just start this! I'm gonna claim. I'm the Beast.
Claiming does not give any advantages to the town. Here's why :

i) Scum will be able to deduce which players are power roles based on the character. Outing power roles is bad for the town

ii) If our objective is to catch scum in a attempting a 'good character' claim which another player has, it might fail because they could have and mostly would have been given fake claims by the mod

iii) Even if they do not have fake claims , we should arrange the claim order in order of which players we think are scummiest first to catch them in a wrong claim.

But this is a good conversation starter and i'm sure all players will have something to say about this - a good kick start to the sleepy town like you said ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by ooba »

Pug89 wrote:Another thing to keep in mind, even if we believe that Korts is Beast it doesn't necessarily mean he is not mafia. It's not uncommon for characters to have a different role in a theme game than what would be expected based of of the source material.
Maybe like an X-men alternate universe (parallel universe) setting.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:22 am

Post by ooba »

Korts wrote:
Monkey wrote: Pug was being voted for not just for being absent, but what goes along with that .. no added content. Ooba probably voted him based on the fact that Pug made it apparent that he was lurking by stating that he had nothing to add at the time.
Well, nobody else added anything of substance at the time, other than starting the bandwagon.
Day 1 bandwagons help to bring out discussion and participation. I do not believe voting for him was a wrong or scummy thing to do at that point.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:41 am

Post by ooba »

Why did you feel you had to do that Monkey?

I do agree that his name claim and his trying to call me out on my vote on pug could have been considered a bit scummy , but it did not merit a day vigging.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:51 am

Post by ooba »

Monkey wrote:I don't think that at the time I thought it was all that terrible of play. People were talking about how there wasn't anything going on in the game discussion wise, and deadline was creeping closer, so I figured I'd throw a wrench into the game.

I thought that Korts was trying to set up a fake claim early on, and apparently I was wrong. I thought that he did merit a kill since he so obviously had no reason to claim at the time when he did, and just because he claimed beast doesn't mean he couldn't be magneto or the like.
Hmm - you should have factored in that he was in his first theme game if you ask me , just excited play on his part - Anywayz whats happened has happened.
logicticus wrote:i mean if he claimed magneto or some other villain in the x men universe, i might be able to understand, but beast for crying out loud.
Do you really see scum claiming magneto or some other villan like that??

FOS : logicticus
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by ooba »

lovo14 wrote:
Lloyd wrote:
lovo14 wrote:yer i usually have one on forums. just havent got round to it for this one...will do in a sec
You find an avatar yet per Adele's request?
yer longer than i thought...u have a limit on size...on the site im normally on (my location) you can have any size picture and it shrinks it for you
Your thoughts on korts being dead ?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by ooba »

logicticus wrote:Anyway, I have no problem lynching monkey. That particular ability, in my opinion, historically seems to be more slanted to scum than town so as the deadline gets closer, I will gladly switch my vote.
Could you show me a mini game where there was a daykill SK or Scum present?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:06 am

Post by ooba »

Just realized the deadline is like in 3 days. I have a question regarding the Daykill - Would monkey have been so Gung-ho with his kill if he was day SK (I know we are entering Wifom territory here but still) ?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by ooba »

Adele wrote:
Johoohno wrote:
Adele wrote:i've been a daykill SK twice. In a hurry now, but links will follow if you want them.
Hmm, perhaps Monkey is the lynch of the day then, I saw daykilling as something more pro-town than not. The reason I'm not sure yet is that a vigilante might come in handy for the town later on (if that's what he is). On the other hand, he seems to be a bit of a loose cannon. I need to think a bit on this. Adele, I'd appreciate the links.
... why? It's not like I'd lie about something like that (due to LAL and disproveability), all this resulted in was a tiresome research project for me.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 99&start=0

I was actually in both at the same time, which was an interesting time for me.

How common day sks are overall I couldn't tell you; I don't recall the setups or other roles of games I'm in (tend not to even remember my own). I've been a day sk twice, I don't recall ever being a dayvig before (I don't recall offhand ever being a vig
at all
, actually, unless you count bugsy malone mafia which was a masonic hybrid)
Time to read the games ..

And i think its time Monkey claimed
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:52 pm

Post by ooba »

Adele wrote:http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 99&start=0

I was actually in both at the same time, which was an interesting time for me.
Both links are same - Link to Doom2. - Well played , i believe you would have pulled it off if not for the kamikaze in the end

1) There is a difference between that game and this , there you were a Day SK who had to PM the mod to get a kill in. Here we are dealing with a situation where the player has to post on the thread to get a kill in - If it is an SK , it is an underpowered SK at best.

2) Here we are dealing with Mod Setup WIFOM where we try to guess is Monkey a day vig or a day SK - would he have made it so underpowered if it is a SK - and given SirT's rules where he tries to avoid all type of Mod WIFOM , I belive he would have created an secret SK rather than an SK who's name is divulged on the kill.

3) Thirdly , if Monkey was such an underpowered day SK , it doesn't make sense for him to be so Gung-ho - Lying low would have been the best thing for him to do ..

So i do not think Monkey is a day SK - lynching him is bad,IMO.

Having a tunnel vision on a Single player , even with the deadline is bad(we still have 2 days to deadline - I'm sure we can get 6 votes if we needed to). I find the play of farside more scummy than monkey's actions this game.
Farside wrote:I've got nothing new in respect to people. I think Adele and thephantom's comment saying murder instead of lynch was a weird thing. I will take weird over nothing any day just to get something going. Mostly I agree thephantom seems to be a follower behind Adele which I've always find scummie tell.

unvote
vote: thephantom
@thephantom: Okay fair enough. I just feel we are not getting anywhere. We have 4 pages and lots of slackers which makes this difficult at best. I am almost readiy to vote for lurkers just to see if it get them out of hiding.

unvote:

Seriously with all this lack of posting going on the only one person who looked scummie was Monkey for using his ability when he did. It made this day that was bad and slow to begin with worse and difficult to make any desicions at all.

Vote: Monkey
The vote and the backtrack on thephantom is suspicious. And the entire 'day is slow'-'hard to make decisions' statements while voting Monkey looks like someone who wants to be able to say 'Hey - i wasn't all that sure about Monkey - it was a slow day with nothing else to go on' later when Monkey turns up town.

Unvote. Vote : farside22
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:39 am

Post by ooba »

farside22 wrote:@ooba: Are you saying people aren't slacking in this game? It is difficult to base anything on anyone and some people were suspicious of Korts. Due to Monkey's play now there is next to nothing to go on which makes scum happy when there is a no lynch.
There is next to nothing to go on due to monkey's play?

Scum are even happier with a townie lynch..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by ooba »

farside22 wrote:ooba: A no lynch has been proven to be more bennifical to scum then town. Confusion is a great tool.
Could you explain this?
Adele wrote:Also: Oh Crap. I need to do some research on my situation.
??
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:40 am

Post by ooba »

farside22 wrote:
ooba wrote:
farside22 wrote:ooba: A no lynch has been proven to be more bennifical to scum then town. Confusion is a great tool.
Could you explain this?
Adele wrote:Also: Oh Crap. I need to do some research on my situation.
??
I was commenting to your post 142.
But i thought not lynching Monkey was a good move since he turned out to be town ..

Are you saying the two kills in the night or the confusion with Adele's resurrection could have been prevented if we did lynch monkey? (I'm just unsure about the 'Confusion is a great tool' part)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by ooba »

I'm not saying No lynch is the way to go every single time - was just trying to make a point that you shouldn't jump onto the bandwagon when you don't think that person is scum just to make the lynch happen.. Anyway think this discussion is distracting so I shall drop it ..
Adele wrote:As to me being anti-town already... well, simply put, a role that starts vanilla pro-town but attempted NK of it results in not only the death of the Vig, but converts the vanilla into a powered-up anti-town role would be... rather swingy for a mini. Balance issues up the yazoo.
I agreee with this ...
Wikipedia wrote:
While Jean and Scott are having a romantic evening
in Manhattan, she, Wolverine, and Banshee, are abducted by Sentinels. They are taken to an abandoned S.H.I.E.L.D. orbital platform under the command of the anti-mutant activist Steven Lang, who is plotting to unleash a new generation of Sentinels. The other X-Men rescue them.[14] During the space station's destruction, the X-Men find that their shuttle has been damaged in an earlier fight with the Sentinels. The X-Men decide that someone must stay at the controls and pilot the ship, while everyone else remains in the shuttle's heavily-shielded life cell.

Knowing no one else could survive long enough to pilot the shuttle to safety, Jean uses her telepathy to learn how to pilot the shuttle and her telekinesis to block the radiation as she pilots the ship back to Earth.[15] Her telekinetic shields give way under the onslaught of the intense radiation.
The strain of holding the solar radiation at bay with her powers destroys the psychic shields Xavier placed in her mind as a child, and Jean assumes her ultimate potential as a psychic, becoming an entity of pure thought.
The shuttle crashes into a bay, and Jean telekinetically reforms her body and emerges from the water. Taking the code-name of Phoenix, Jean's psi-powers are now vastly stronger, and she manifests a fiery bird-shaped energy aura whenever she uses her powers to their fullest extent.
Scott's (Cyclops) romantic interest is Jean grey so it is the reason for Monkey being the one to see her first and die due to her death.

And there's no particular character as such who triggers Jean->Phoenix transformation. My own guess is you resurrect once on death to a more powerful being.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by ooba »

It's amazing how we say there was no conversation on Day 1 and how that was bad for the town and then go on to not make a single post in 24 hours ..

It's easy just just say 'Nothing's happening for me to comment on it' but then if everyone does the same , the game will just stagnate i.e Good for scum ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by ooba »

@lovo , I'm against adele being Scum , she's pro town in my book ..

@farside , I'd focus on the lurkers but nearly everybody can be accused of not contributing much in this game.

@Everyone, we had 2 deaths yesterday - thephantom and adele so i'm guessing there are 2 scum groups. 2 Mafia + 1 lone SK seems probable. (A vig is also a possibility since it was the phantom who was killed but i'm discounting that cause Day vig + Night vig = game over pretty quickly) .. This is another point against adele not being scum since there are already two groups present..
Adele wrote:Does anyone know an online source more in-depth and easy-to-read than wikipedia on the progression of Jean and Phoenix's light and dark sides?

Just occurred to me that I could already be a bomb or a supersaint without knowing it
Won't all this be mentioned in your role pm explicitly?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:54 am

Post by ooba »

Lloyd wrote:
ooba wrote:@Everyone, we had 2 deaths yesterday - thephantom and adele so i'm guessing there are 2 scum groups. 2 Mafia + 1 lone SK seems probable. (A vig is also a possibility since it was the phantom who was killed but i'm discounting that cause Day vig + Night vig = game over pretty quickly) .. This is another point against adele not being scum since there are already two groups present..
I don't follow your point. How would it exclude Adele from being in one of the two groups that you described?
I was talking about the possibility of adele being pro town initially and then turning anti town after the resurrection. -> Which with already 2 possible scum groups , seems to be out of balance

Regarding the possibility of Adele already being scum. A scum who resurrects (once?) on a night kill is fine, but a scum who resurrects on a night kill AND kills a townie in the process seems overpowered again.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by ooba »

Johoohno wrote:As mentioned in V/LA I'm not living at home right now, which is limiting my dropping in on the Net and this forum.

However,
Vote: lovo14
Why lovo?

@lovo, I'm not going to start thinking about the bomb/ss right now ..

@Adele, Lets stop with the power speculation for a moment - Who do you think is the scummiest so far?

Infact , i think everyone should answer that question ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:18 am

Post by ooba »

vote : lovo14

Lots of Inconsistencies .. Would like to see you claim ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (isolation #25) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:51 am

Post by ooba »

Well i wont be available for the next 36 hours . My vote stays on lovo14 - I will be back before 20/3 ends for America - I will try to check the site tomorrow before that ..

Right now - I'd like to see lovo's claim ..

I think Adele and farside are pro-town - will not lynch them today ..

Lets make sure we get a lynch today !!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:30 am

Post by ooba »

Wow - i died on Night 2 - the game lasted 5 days and only 4 people have higher post counts in this game than than me ..

I thought my role had a lot of promise - but the game didn't pick up at all ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:40 am

Post by ooba »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:Yay! I won!
Congrats :)
WeyounsLastClone wrote:I loved the X-Men concept, thanks to the mod for running this game. Sorry though that it didn't really pick up.
Yes .. I was pretty excited about the entire 'x men' theme too ..

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”