Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 552: X-Men mafia (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Mod: Sir Tornado

Backup Mod: JDodge

In the not so distant future...

People with extraordinary powers are being found all over the world. Human beings have always feared what they couldn't understand. Sentinals have been called, and all the mutants bundled off inside a ghetto at a nondescript location.

However, all is not well in the not so peaceful mutant township. People are dying. There is certainly some evil about. The question is, will you be able to kill them before they kill you?

Day Four

Alive
(3/11)
Pug89
Lloyd
WeyounsLastClone
replaces Adele

Dead
(8/11)

Korts (Beast) -- killed day 1

thephantom (Shadowcat) -- killed night 1

Monkey (Cyclops) -- committed suicide dawn 2

ooba (Gambit) -- killed night 2

logicticus (Wolverine) -- lynched day 3

DarlaBlueEyes
replaces lovo14
(Professor X) -- killed night 3

Johoohno (Storm) -- killed night 3

farside22 (Morpheus) -- lynched Day 4
Last edited by Sir Tornado on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 20 times in total.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:28 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

RULES: PLEASE READ.

Base rules

Stolen from Thestatusquo, these are pretty standard, with the exception of
#3, #4, #5, #9. Please read them, as they are important.

1.) Have fun. This is not an option.
2.) The mod is always right. Always. Yes, even then. However, if you think there’s some confusion, and it absolutely can’t wait until the end of the game, send me a PM; do not break my game because you died when you didn’t think you should’ve.
3.) Days will last for 3 weeks. I will allow extension by a further week once during the game

4.) If a deadline passes without a player or No Lynch receiving a majority of the votes, the day will end in a No Lynch.

5.) Voting must be done in the format
Vote: Sir Tornado
(including the bold formating).
Please
unvote before voting someone else, or else I will
not
count it
. You no longer need to unvote before voting someone else.
6.) I will post a vote count every now and then. I am not infallible in this aspect (”But Sir, didn’t you say-- *cough, choke, shudder, die*”) and if you think the vote count is off, say so and I will double check it.
7.) Do NOT quote your role PMs, OR any other form of communication from me unless it is something I have already posted on this thread. Or I have given you permission to do so. This is a modkillable offense.
8.) Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread unless your role allows you to, in which case you may only do it during the specified times with the specified players. This is a modkillable offense.
9.) All mod communication is banned from the thread. If you have a question; PM me. If you want to request a vote count; PM me. If you want to request a deadline extension; PM me. If you want to communicate with me in any way at all then you MUST PM me, and DO NOT POST IT IN THE THREAD THAT YOU HAVE DONE SO. The mod is in a game of mafia only insofar as he runs the game. I will not add "modwifom" to one of the elements of the game you have to worry about. Depending on how bad your offense, and how far into the game it is, this is a modkillable offense.

10.) You’re required to post regularly. I prod after 3 days of inactivity and replace after 2 days of no response to the prod. This rule is flexible if you PM me in advance. Please be mindful, I will not be checking the V/LA thread regularly. That's not my job. If you have posted there, I expect you to send me a PM as well.
11.) Once you’re dead, you’re no longer subject to the previous rule. As a matter of fact, once you’re dead, stop posting. I will permit one simple “bah” post and nothing more.

Added rule

As stated in the sign up post, this game has a 40 page cut-off limit. One post more than 40 and everyone loses the game. Please note, that it is not a draw, but an outright loss.

This includes all the mod posts, which will be lynch scenes, dawn scenes and vote counts (once per page at the most). I will NOT be answering any queries in thread. PM them to me. All the public announcements (other than replacements) will be made along with the vote counts)
Last edited by Sir Tornado on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:45 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

One more person needs to confirm. That person will be replaced if he/she doesn't confirm in a day
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Everyone has confirmed.

It is now
Day one

Deadline: 19th February 2008, 1730 GMT
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Monkey wrote:
Korts wrote:Let's just start this! I'm gonna claim. I'm the Beast.
Kill Korts
It was still day, and people were safe and well. Or so they thought. Surely, no one will try to get ones with their powers during the broad daylight while tey were all awake, would they?

Feeling emboldened by this, Korts proclaimed his identity. "I am the Beast", he said.

Monkey, however had other ideas. There was a flash of red light, and Korts was blasted away several feet back. By the time the rest of you reached him, he was dead. Looking at his enormous and blue body, it was painfully obvious to you, now that he was dead, that he was, indeed Beast. A further search revealed that he was town, like most of you.

Korts is dead

He was
Beast
, town

Day 1 continues.

I am extremely sorry for the delay in this.

A few announcements:

1) I will not post so and so people have been prodded in thread. However, if you send me a PM asking me to prod someone, I will do so immediately.

2) Prods and prod requests fall under the "Mod communications category" and hence subjected to rule 9. I will prod the people if you ask me in thread, but I will not indicate I have done so in any way.

3) From now on, (mainly due to my own time constraints),
you no longer need to unvote people before voting someone else

4) Vote counts will be ideally provided on the first page of every page, by editing the post in question (like one on page 2) in order to not waste a post of the 1000 you have, in vote count. this VC is an exception.

Vote Count:

pug89- 2 (farside, lovo14)
farside- 1 (Adele)
lovo14- 1 (Joohoono)

Not voting (5): logicticus, Monkey, Ooba, pug89, thephantom

6 to lynch.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:47 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Deadline: 1730 hrs GMT on 24th February
. I'm shifting this a bit forward because I am in middle of my mid-term exams.

Vote Count:

Adele- 1 (lloyd)
thephantom - 1 (logicticus)
Monkey - 3 (Adele, Farside22, pug89)
logicticus - 1 (joohoono)

6 to lynch.

As things stand, it will be a no lynch at deadline.
Last edited by Sir Tornado on Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

End of Day 1

Despite all the best efforts, the combined powers of 10 mutants are unable to decide who is to be lynched on the first day of discussion. you retire for the night. But, of course, not all of you are going to sleep for the whole night, are you?

Vote Count

Monkey - 5 (Adele, farside22, Pug89, Lloyd, logicticus)
farside22 -1 (Ooba)

It is now Night 1. Night choices due in 72 hours. This makes deadline for night choices as 1830 GMT on Wednessday the 27th
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

It is now day. You all wake up and gather at the town center. Curiously, it seems that two among your number are missing. A quick count reveals that it is Adele and thephantom.

Searching the camp, it does not take you long to find out thephantom's body. You quickly identify him as
Shadowcat
and go over to his house to see exactly what he was upto. The house reveals nothing out of ordinary and you conclude that thephantom was, after all, just another townie. Just like you. Like most of you anyway.

However, Adele's body proves to be a different matter, as you are witness to a scene worthy of melodrama. Monkey is the first to identify who Adele was.

"Jean! No, it cannot be!"

As the rest of you gather around Adele's body, another strange thing happens. You hear a shout behind you. You turn back to find that Monkey has stabbed himself. He is dead.

Going over to Monkey's house, you find that it is strewned with pictures of Jean Grey. It takes no genius to figure out that he was Cyclops. He was, also town, you decide.

But, the surprises of the morning aren't over yet. As you go over to Adele's house to see who she was, you find that the house is not empty. Going inside, you find someone sitting there. It's Adele! And she's clearly alive.

Surprised by the happenings of the night, you go to the town center to decide who to lynch on day 2.

thephantom
, Shadowcat (town)
killed night 1
Adele
, Jean Grey (????) killed night 1
Monkey
, Cyclops (town)
committed suicide dawn 2
Adele
resurrected dawn 2
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

For a second successive day, the town, fails to arrive at any consensus as to who to lynch. Besides, who needs to lynch anyway when you have cool mutant powers? Or so you think.

It is a
no lynch
. Night 2 lasts till next Tuesday.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #9) » Mon May 05, 2008 2:28 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

No one has asked for any extension. Since I was away RL, and because I think giving the exact time at least a day in advance is good, the deadline is
30 hours
from the time of this post, unless someone asks for an extension before that time elapses.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #10) » Fri May 09, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Lovo isn't picking his prods. He will be replaced. Deadline to be extended by the time it takes me to find replacement.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #11) » Fri May 09, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

DarlaBlueEyes replaces lovo14. Deadline extended by 2 days to May 15th (the amount of time between when I was asked to prod lovo14 and the replacement)
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #12) » Tue May 13, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Lloyd prodded.

Deadline is 48 hours away.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (isolation #13) » Thu May 15, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Logicticus (Wolverine)
is lynched.

72 hours for choices...
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #14) » Mon May 19, 2008 8:13 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Another day in the distant future means another night of carnage has passed by. You make your way to the center of the township, to realize you are 2 people down.

Searching the town, you find that DarlaBlueEyes and Johoohno have been killed.

DarlaBlueEyes (Professor X)
is dead.
Johoohno (Storm)
is dead.

It is day 4. 4 alive, 3 to lynch.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #15) » Wed May 21, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Vote Count:

No votes yet...
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

I will be away on vacation till 11th (which was why there wasn't a deadline for this day) JDodge will look over this game till that time.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:27 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Deadline for Night choices June 11th (pacific time). I should be back from my vacation by then.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

You all get up on yet another fine morning. Nothing has really changed in your township.

Including the people alive.

It is now Day 5. With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:55 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Vote Count:

Lloyd (1) : WeyounsLastClone

3 Alive, 2 to lynch.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:02 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Lloyd
is dead.

WeyounsLastClone
(serial killer) wins the game.

I'll post the setup soon.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

The setup was:

Scum:

Storm

You are Storm. You have control over the nature. Once in the game, you can cast a fog which will cover the entire town, providing cover for activities of your scumbuddies and blocking any other actions. Your get a chance to cast one extra fog for each 3 days you survive.

You win as scum

Morpheus

You are Morpheus. You can imitate other people. Once in the game, you can choose to imitate someone while performing a kill, leaving evidence of the other person at the crime scene.

You win as scum

Iceman

You are Iceman. Your powers allow you to freeze any person each DAY. When the person is freezed, they will not be able to perform night actions the following night.

You win as scum

Town:

Cyclops

You are Cyclops. You shoot uncontrollable laser beam through your eyes. Fortunately your eyes are covered by glasses which stop the laser. You may once during the day take off the glasses and direct the laser at any person you wish instantly killing him. For every 3 days you live, you get an additional chance to shoot laser.

However, be warned. getting lynched or being killed at night aren't the only ways you can die.

You win with the town.

Professor X

You are Professor X. You are a telepath. You can, once every night use the cerebro to either track or watch any person you wish. You will be notified not only about the people targeted by the person if you are tracking them, and the people who target him if you are watching. Since you do this using the cerebro from far away without visiting their house, this action goes completely undetected.

You win with the town.

Rogue

You are Rogue. Your power is that you can absorb life force from any other person comming in contact with you. Due to this, any person targeting you at night will die, regardless of their action.

You win with the town.

Gambit

You are Gambit. Your powers allow you to charge inanimate objects with unstable kinetic energy. You may choose to charge objects in any one person's house every night, causing anyone entering their house that night to die.

You win with the town.

Shadowcat

You are Shadowcat. Your powers allow you to phase through walls. Every night, you can choose to hide in someone else's house. If you do this, you will not be affected by any actions targeting you, but you will be affected by any actions affecting the person you are targeting.

You win with the town.

Beast

You are the Beast. You have immense strength and agility, which you can use to protect someone at night. However, protecting someone comes at cost. Anyone trying to kill the person you are protecting will kill you instead.

You win with the town.

Special Town role

Jean Grey

You are Jean Grey. You have telepathic and telekinetic abilities. However, they are weak and thus not effective at all. That is, only until you are alive. If you are killed, you get reanimated into Pheonix force. Once you are Pheonix force, you gain a fixed amount NK immunity (determined by a formula) and get the ability to kill at night. However, your death may have far reaching and unclear effects on some of the others.

You win with the town

Neutral

Wolverine

You are Wolverine. You are indestructible, which means you cannot be killed at night. You love Jean Grey. However, there is an obstacle in your way by the way of Cyclops. Due to this, you have made it your mission to get Cyclops lynched. You thus win if Cyclops (Monkey) is lynched. If Cyclops dies in any other way, you lose your night kill immunity become a survivor.

Notes:

1) Jean Grey and Cyclops are lovers, unknown to both of them. That is, if Jean Grey dies, then cyclops dies too. However, reverse is not true.

2) As Wolverine loves Jean, if Jean dies (and cyclops automatically dies), Wolverine is reformed and gets the win condition of town.

3) Once Jean Grey is reanimated as Pheonix force, he/she becomes a serial killer.

4) Professor X doesn't leave his house. Hence, he/she does not die on targeting Rogue, and he does not die if he/she targets a house boobytrapped by Gambit.

I did the following goof ups in this game, which I think had a quite a lot of impact on the game:

1) 40 page rule. This was a disaster. I thought it would be interesting, but this backfired really badly

2) Morph - Morpheus confusion. I guess I should stop watching Matrix...
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:33 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:I was wondering, I was like, WTF who is morpheus?? Its not matrix XD but yea Morph makes sense, although I believe he only appeared in the BEST SERIES EVER.. aka the 90s X-Men Cartoon series.
Yeah... in my original draft, I had Mystique instead of Morph, but I realized that I did not have any other villain in the game so that role was unwise. The first X-Man character with similar powers who came to my mind was Morph, whose name, I unfortunately got mixed up with Morpheus of Matrix.

I was amazed though when Farside claimed Shadowcat, and claimed exactly the same powers the real Shadowcat role had... so much that I actually double checked all the role assignments just to make sure I had not made a goof up of a Titanic scale.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:25 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

The formula was: Number of people alive after the death of Jean (Cyclops considered dead too) divided by 4, rounded down.
I'm back!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”