vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by vIQleS »

first random vote: Mr_Gnome_It_All
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Nope - no luck :-P

Just copy and paste...

Qapla'
Show
[size=75]

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:49 am

Post by vIQleS »

Post restriction?

Pretty annoying one if it is? And guaranteed to be lynched if he keeps it up.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:35 am

Post by vIQleS »

thinktank wrote:Wouldn't it be hilarious if it were a jester gambit?
Not particularly.

I can think of better ways to get lynched and without it being quite so obvious...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:43 am

Post by vIQleS »

Not particularly.

I can think of better ways to get lynched and without it being quite so obvious...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by vIQleS »

thinktank wrote:
vIQleS wrote:
Not particularly.

Lol that's not what I meant. I meant that it'd would be kind of ironic if the town thinking he was a jester role, kept him alive and he actually turned to be scum. I agree with you that if he were jester there would be better ways of getting lynched and not making it that painfully obvious. The fact that he's already made 3 role claims on the day the game opens is quite contradictory to the that logic, which is what leads me to think that he may not necessarily be a jester but rather scum.
Right - gotcha, scum tactic acting like a jester and thus not getting lynched...

What's a VI?
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Does a jester need to be lynched to win?

And a jester win doesn't affect our town win does it?

Or are we just going to be mean and not lynch him? :-D
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Ok - i've only ever seen that when reading bigger games - i think it was different...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by vIQleS »

unvote - vote:SensFan

I think you doth protest too much...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by vIQleS »

epwop:

unvote - vote: SensFan
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:27 am

Post by vIQleS »

SensFan wrote:Just to clarify, the vote is because you feel I'm being too adamant in my attack on ryan, correct?
Sort of - it just seemed very vicious. I don't like or understand emotion like that this early in the game.

@all: I'm still here - weekend's been busy, as soon as I get back to work (where I have plenty of free time :D) I'll be doing a proper readthrough and making some notes. And then hopefully some relevant contributions to the game.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by vIQleS »

aioqwe wrote: I support sensfan's vote. However, I want to see his reason. Ryan in my eyes has responded enough. Until you present the evidence against him.
Highly scummy - already covered by everyone else
SensFan wrote:You, sir, are right. I am terribly sorry, I was working under the completely ridiculous assumption that perhaps he was a scum, trying to look too scummy, digging for the reaction you had to his post. How I failed to realize that scum are by definition stupid, and will only be SOMEWHAT scummy, not overly scummy. Furthermore, his join date is so obviously misleading, and he cannot be a newb, so I'm wrong on that account as well. Boy, I sure am pretty poor at this game, what with expecting scum to be dumb, and everyone to always play perfectly, never making mistakes.

Again, my apologies. I see now that him being a jester is, in fact, a given. I would vote for him, if it weren't for the fact that I was so humbled by your amazing arguments that I've currently forgotten how to change my vote.
Extreme sarcasm - over reacting much?
ryan wrote:WAIT a second...............Greasy Spot=possible jester?
1st person to suggest Jester - i don't find this scummy as such - just making a note in case it turns out to be relevant.
ryan wrote:If you weren't narrow minded you would allow yourself a chance to see that a jester could be available that is what I'm trying to say with an opinion. Why do you believe he's come out with 4 different role claims?
Mildly scummy - defending GS... (depending on how GS turns out)
aioqwe wrote: Again, I skimmed through 32. In my eyes, Sensfan had called out ryan, ryan had asked why, and I was waiting for sensfan's reasoning. The reason I was withholding my own reasoning is if sensfan might have been some reason to withhold his reasoning and I felt posting my own might infringe upon his tactic
When I read Sensfans post, I assumed that he had some sort of info about ryan, and that his tatic was to see what everyone had to say. I decided that I would wait and see what both ryan and Sensfan had to say, before commenting, whereas you saw an easy bandwagon and jumped on it.
Joubert wrote:Maybe he's actually trying to say something useful through his possible post restriction...
Let's decode his claims carefully...
Good idea - any luck yet?
Rosso Carne wrote:With my role and the obviously wacky role of greasy spot, I'm half tempted to ask for a massclaim. This game might be broken.
I'm against mass roleclaims early in the game - imho mass claims work better later on, when its harder for the scum to go last / blend in...
Lloyd wrote:Greasy Spot,

In a re-read, here's my latest thought:

With exception of you, we're all gamblers today. Joubert voting for you triggered a game mechanics event.

Care to comment with another post?
I'm really having a hard time understanding this - can you please explain what you meant by that?
SensFan wrote:
Vote: ryan

Not random.
I'm pretty sure we're all still waiting for an explaination for this non-random vote....

So based on my re-read (most of which is in this post):

unvote - vote:aioqwe

ATM equally scummy with GS, but I don't want to vote him until we have more information. Next on my list are ryan and sensfan, whch is a shame because all the scummy people are the ones responsible for making this such an exciting day one...

Fos: ryan and SensFan

PS - if we put GS L-1, can he vote himself and win (if he's a jester)? Just thinking out loud - might pay to stop at L-2 just in case...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by vIQleS »

I've given you both the same number of points, so you're both equally scummy (not much to be honest - only just enough for a fos).

But I'm also considering the possiblilty that there's some tactics involved in the animosity between you and ryan, I think someone else mentioned the possiblity of 'distancing'. Just a theory i'm kicking around.... :-)
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by vIQleS »

SensFan wrote:Alright, thanks vIQ.

Oh, and I'm not "responding" to your points against me, as I see them more as small notes to look back on later. Correct me if I'm wrong, or there;s something in particular you want me to address.
No no - I'm just explaining my thoughts at this point in time... And making sure i'm contributing to the game. :-)

There needs to be more discussion about GS and talking from aioqwe.

I'd like to hear from GS - if you have a PR, at least give us some clues.

If you have to post in role claims - then claim The Bartender, with the ability to see through walls.

Otherwise post something intelligent.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Rosso Carne wrote:OK, I think I've got it.

Not a massclaim yet at this point, but I'd like a mass vanilla/not vanilla to go down.

Discuss.
This is just as bad. If you out all the power roles now the scum will kill them.

Unless someone can make a case that this only, or significantly, helps town, I vote no.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by vIQleS »

aioqwe wrote:
vIQleS wrote:
aioqwe wrote: I support sensfan's vote. However, I want to see his reason. Ryan in my eyes has responded enough. Until you present the evidence against him.
Highly scummy - already covered by everyone else
And I've already clarified what I meant. Posting old news is a tad scummy really.
Perhaps I should have qualified that a bit more...

Your explanation sounded to me like you'd fallen for the trap and then attempted to come with with a good (non-scummy) reason for your actions when you realised that it was a trap.
aioqwe wrote: I read SF's post. My initial reaction was SF is looking for a newb scum to jump on a bandwagon however I
re-read ryan and I thought he was scum
. Albeit, it might have been wiser to post my reasoning initially, so that I don't appear to be a newb scum who was caught in the trap. If I wanted an easy wagon to jump on I would vote GS. Personally I don't like GS, because whatever is causing him to do what he is doing sucks. However, I think ryan isn't that townie so I'm voting him.
(My bold)

Just to clarify this: you reread (i just checked) approx. 1.6 pages, and 7 posts...

Actually I'm going to give you this one. He did post quite a bit in the first couple of pages, and I could see that you might find some of what he wrote scummy. I take it back. And you go down one scummy point, which means:

Unvote

I don't have anyone on my list now that stands out from anyone else except GS, and i'm still nervous about putting him too close to a lynch.

And this:
Greasy Spot wrote:I am the Bartender. I mix drinks but never get to drink them.
Doesn't help. He's claiming bartender, which i asked him to do if he "[has] to post in role claims" but he's not claiming to be able to see through walls.

/me is still confused.

@GS: If you're yanking chains - you are going to get one hell of a beating when this game is over.
Rosso Carne wrote: just let me say that this is a mini, so if we dont then i nkow whos going to win.

your experience should get what im talking about.
I've only played a handful of games, but i can't remember any of them (or the ones I've read) where it was decided that a mass claim on day one would significantly help town.

If you can find a precedent, please feel free to share it here.
Unity wrote:GS knows all the roles, but can't vote or write sensibly!!!!
ryan wrote:Wouldn't that be sleepy than? Non sleepy would=active, wouldn't it?
I was thinking (after unity's post above) that non-sleepy could be refering to scum.

@GS: If you're a cop-type role with a PR - claim Wayne Newton - and give us some more clues in the ability... Names would be good.

Vote:GS

Unvote:GS
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by vIQleS »

The above is as of post 140 - more later.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Oh - the vote/unvote was just in case GS needs to be voted to post. It was presented as a hypothesis by someone...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Lloyd wrote:So we have a semi-smalltown setup...

*snip*

Anyone want to confirm my hunch above?
I'd love to, but you're way off.

Plus GS has been claiming mostly power roles, it seems unlikely there'd be so many in such a small game.
SensFan wrote:I notice that you want us to mass-claim, while conveniently not putting yourself down for a role.
To be fair - he's not actually suggesting a mass claim. Although I can see what you mean - if his theory had been confirmed all the roles would be known... Sort of a pseudo-massclaim if you will.
Lloyd wrote:
Original Roll String: 200d10 (STATIC)
200 10-Sided Dice: (5, 6, 8, 2, 7, 9, 6, 9, 5, 7, 4, 7, 6, 3, 2, 1, 1, 8, 7, 5, 8, 9, 6, 6, 6, 4, 1, 9, 10, 4, 10, 4, 10, 7, 2, 1, 3, 9, 2, 2, 1, 6, 8, 9, 5, 5, 3, 4, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 5, 1, 3, 6, 2, 5, 6, 3, 9, 8, 3, 6, 8, 5, 2, 1, 7, 4, 2, 4, 8, 7, 4, 10, 10, 7, 5, 4, 4, 6, 1, 7, 10, 1, 1, 7, 4, 4, 2, 8, 7, 9, 3, 4, 4, 4, 7, 5, 1, 6, 7, 1, 10, 2, 4, 8, 7, 2, 1, 4, 6, 8, 6, 5, 5, 3, 7, 2, 7, 9, 7, 4, 7, 2, 3, 2, 10, 4, 7, 9, 10, 1, 4, 9, 7, 9, 10, 1, 2, 5, 5, 1, 1, 7, 6, 8, 1, 10, 6, 8, 10, 2, 4, 8, 6, 2, 4, 7, 9, 5, 10, 1, 3, 7, 6, 5, 9, 3, 6, 6, 10, 10, 10, 6, 1, 10, 8, 4, 10, 7, 9, 9, 7, 3, 9, 3, 3, 9, 7, 6, 6, 1, 9, 9, 7, 10, 9) = 1103
Did I miss something? What does this mean?
Lloyd wrote:I vote no on mass claiming.
I think the overall consensus is for no massclaim. but I'm putting scummy points on anyone who supported it - especially rosso. He sounds a bit like a scum eager to use his safeclaim.
Unity wrote:Yeah, but I asked GS to post in regards to wether ryan and sensfan were or were not scum, and he avoided the whole thing.
But - he did claim bartender, which was what I asked him to claim if he had to post in claims. He did not include the ability I suggested, so I'm still not sure what's going on.

Back to finding something out about GS:

Claim:

Something about a carnival if either Ryan or Sensfan is scum
Something about a Prison if neither Ryan nor Sensfan are scum
Something about Buddha (or buddhism) if you have no info on either of them.

And:

Something about magic or magicians if you do not have a knowledge role at all.

FOS: GS
(just in case)
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Rosso Carne wrote: Any experienced player should know what im breadcrumbing at.
Sorry - color me stoopid, but I've completely missed it thus far.

I'll go back and do a reread over the weekend, and also catch up on any new posts I haven't answered yet.

Does it have anything to do with the missing letters and egregious lack of punctuation?
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:45 am

Post by vIQleS »

OK - I've been busy and haven't had time for any detailed analysis, but I'm leaning toward rosso at the moment. We figured out that you're a NK and that's supposed to scare us into a mass roleclaim? Not buying that.

Big-Bold-FOS: Rosso Carne
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:50 am

Post by vIQleS »

Rosso Carne wrote: no viq, i dont have a NK, dont know where you got that idea from, but i do not.
Umm, how about this:
Lloyd - Post 195 wrote:
Vote: Rosso Carne

I tried reading your breadcrumbs, and the only hint that I see is that you might be able to nightkill. With that said, it till doesn't explain what kind of danger our town is in.
Rosso Carne - Post 196 wrote:so you figure the crumbs and still think theres no danger...

think about yourself.
PS - Are we saying there's a cult now? Killer scarecrows?

I can't figure out where that came from, but i'll reread later.

And even if there is, I'm not sure a massclaim will help us. What if the cult members keep their abilities? (I've seen that before...) A massclaim just means the cult knows who to recruit and not.

I have to say, i'm a little sceptical of a cult in a mini game...

I vote no more claiming until people are close to a lynch. (Although I'm sure we'll be hearing some from GS...)
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #22) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Joubert wrote:
I went to school to learn everything I know. I see non-sleepy people.
The Doc? Mafia Doc? Beats me...
I was thinking Cop - he sees the non-sleepy people i.e. scum.

But i really don't think there's anything of value in GS's posts at this stage. We've been through various ways of attempting to comunicate and we've had nothing.

I want to see what happens to GS tomorrow - so I vote leave hime alone for now.

Rosso Carne seems to be claiming Cult-catcher or something, so it would be a silly idea to lynch him, even thought he's way up on my scumdar at the moment.

I'm still not getting huge scum vibes from anyone, I will try and have a vote sometime in the next couple of days...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by vIQleS »

NO LUNCH!? Damnit - I'm hungry... :D

Ok - so we have some info now, and as I still don't have any solid suspicions (other than GS or RC):

Vote: Unity
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #24) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Greasy Spot wrote:My name is Seacret. My hair looks like I never comb it, but it's just a disguise.
Secret? or Seacrest?

Just wondering - just in case its important...

Ryan is at 4 votes, if the town wants to go with a Ryan lynch i'm ok with that, I thought we'd probably get more info from lynching Unity, but if we're not going there...

Maybe we need to bandwagon ryan to a claim and see where we go from there...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #25) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Well I was going to vote Ryan to push him to a claim, but he seems to have jumped the gun on that - he's very defensive for a vanilla townie.

It happens in the occasional game that the odd townie has to be lynched to prove a point, or root out a scum. Most of them are happy to sacrifice their lives for a town win.

The only people that really ever don't want to be lynched are power roles, and scum.

Having said that, although I'm happy with a ryan lynch, I'm going to hold off on voting for him for a while. Mostly because I want to do this:

The following is not a real role claim:

I am the Lounge Singer - I get to see backstage.

(Not trying anthing complicated, just wanted to see what happens... I hope that doesn't screw up whatever SF is trying to do... he should still be able to choose caps or not.)
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #26) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:33 am

Post by vIQleS »

ryan wrote: ... I'm tired of being the "bad guy" in this game and looked upon as I'm hiding something or being scum. Why don't you explain how I should react in these games since my reactions have been "so out of line" What about the cult? What reactions have I had with the cult that make me scum?
No one's making you the bad guy, and you're certainly far from being picked on.

If anyone's making you the bad guy its you - with the way you're playing...

I'm noting as well that you said 'the cult'. I'm still not convinced that there is a cult (which is why I'd also like to lynch Unity) - do you have some inside information?
ryan wrote:As for being defensive, what would you do with the entire town against you vIQleS? I had nobody on my side and was about to get quicklynched (thanks alot)
There's a difference between defending oneself and being defensive - look it up. (If you like, we can say 'overly defensive'.)

I've had an enitre town against me at times, either through bad play on my part or particularly good play on someone else's part, and in most cases I just made my case in a calm and rational manner and then accepted the decision of the town.

At the moment you're coming across as very scared, and that's about as scummy as it gets.

And I'm comfortable doing this:

Vote: Ryan

Although I suggest that we hold off on a lynch until we have more info from GS - it'd be nice to think that we can lynch someone tomorrow based on the info we get from today's lynch.

If not, it might be better to lynch Unity, and then find out whether RC is on the level.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Joubert wrote:VIQleS, you may be right about defensiveness vs defend oneself, but it's hard to defend against thin air. When vacuum is in Power Play, you can hardly win. I'd be defensive too if I had a few people on me with almost no reasons, especially Armlx, and with nothing happening after a claim.
Something being hard to do is not a good reason to start acting like a petulant child. If there aren't any good reasons then take the bad reasons and refute them.
armlx wrote:Hear Rosso Carne's opinion of lynching Ryan and who he think is cult leader or w/e.
Would I be right in thinking that we haven't heard from RC in a while? Can we get a
Prod
if so...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #28) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Rosso Carne wrote:
im a cultie cop. i inv'd unity last night, as i thought his actions were quite cult-leader-n00B-esque.

i think the fact that theres a cult is counteracted by the 3 killing groups at night. kinda random unless theres crossfire, but I'm not here to comment on the fairness of the netup (yet)
You investigated Unity? Is that why he's dead? Did you know that would happen?

Does it only happen to scum? Only to cult?

Does this confirm that Unity was in fact a cult?

Lots of questions sorry...

Also minor fos: thinktank
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #29) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by vIQleS »

RC - Did you know that Unity was a scum or was that just an incredibly lucky random guess?
aioqwe wrote:do we get armlx/GS's pms?
I doubt it. Maybe when the game is over. I'm a bit pissed off that someone killed GS to be honest - i would have liked to find out more about his 'post restriction'.
aioqwe wrote:O.o I just realized a third of the town died in one day/ night...
I think we're doing OK in terms of ratios - 1 scum for 2 (3) good guys = 25%... That's about the maximum you'd want to lose.

I'm just a bit worried about losing so many power roles. Maybe there is a lot of them - there seems to be at least two killing roles left (although at least one my be a SK or similar)...

We need moar talking guys... Let's get the game going again.

(/me is tempted to start random fake role claiming :-P)
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Rosso Carne wrote:viq, i never, as any cop, investigate anyone i think is scum. i investigate those that i cant get a good read on. unity was one of them.
And yet on day one you said:
Rosso Carne wrote:
Unity wrote:Well I certainly hope this goes somewhere, 'cuz right now I really feel like the scum are sitting back laughing while we run around in circles like chickens with our heads cut off!
plain sight prod

with this talking about this really sounds a bit like someone trying to contribute but not wanting to give anything up. first guess and first gut is that there lies our cult leader.

vote:unity
And:
Rosso Carne wrote:can we please lnch unity. hes a cultie.
That second statement is very definite. It doesn't sound to me as if you had difficulty getting "a good read on"...

I would also suggest that this alleged policy of not investigating people you think are scum may be poor play, as I would have thought that to know (at least attempt to know) positively one way or another whether a person is scum or not would be a very good thing for town.

Vote: RC
for not being able to keep his story straight.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #31) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:06 am

Post by vIQleS »

Rosso Carne wrote:i lynch the people i konw are scum.
Really? The only way I can think of for you to know who's scum on day one is for you to be scum.

And how on earth do you manage in games when you're neither sum nor an investigative role?
Rosso Carne wrote:thats because i wasnt sure. if i were sure, i would have made it happen.
You mean like this?
Rosso Carne wrote:can we please lnch unity. hes a cultie.
That's exactly what you tried to do. With a great deal of apparent conviction.

I was sceptical about your claims yesterday about cults and cult cops. Now I'm wondering whether unity getting killed last night was a huge coincidence, or whether you're a SK or something...
Rosso Carne wrote:hey dumbass...
I'm pretty sure that ad hom and personal attacks are, if not against the rules, at least frowned upon...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #32) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Rosso Carne wrote: i literally post between everyone elses posts.
Everyone literally posts between everyone else’s posts.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
Rosso Carne wrote:I had a feeling unity might have been a cultie (which was wrong) but i wasnt sure and wanted to find out a good target for sure.
So now you're saying he wasn't a cult?

He
was
a scarecrow.

I assume that we can conclude from these premises that the scarecrows are not a cult.

It seems to me that the possibility of there being both a mafia and a cult in such a small game are extremely remote, and as such I believe you to be lying about your role and the existance of a cult in this game.

My vote stands.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #33) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Sorry for the double post but this:
Rosso Carne wrote:whenever i have a good read on people, you know it.
Is clearly not true. I have no idea what you're even saying half the time, and Im not the only one who took what you said yesterday as meaning that you strongly thought that Unity was a cult leader.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #34) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by vIQleS »

What about to sow the seed that he shouldn't be lynched? A cult cop would be literally invaluable to town in a game with a cult.

As to the line of questioning - I was initially trying to clear up some confusion and perceived inconsistencies, neither of which have been answered to my satisfaction.

So, until I am presented with evidence to the contrary or evidence that points to a stronger case for someone else, I shall retain my vote on RC.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #35) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Battle Mage wrote:The 'Kicked out' kill seems like a vig kill, as it is a matter of
security
, to want to kick the scum out of the game. The 'ripped to shreds' kill is almost certainly an SK, as the most brutal kill flavours almost certainly are, and it fits the balance of the game pretty well.
Stuffed full of straw is quite obviously the Scarecrow Mafia's kill.
It occurs to me that 'ripped to shreds' would also be a good way of killing a scarecrow. It is possible that that is another vig looking to kill scarecrows.

There are (or seem to be) a lot of power roles in this game, which may be there to balance out a cult.

Possible however does not make me feel any better about RCs play to date. My vote remains.

Perhaps we need to start talking about other possible scum. We should have at least one more, probably two... (RC may be one of them, or he may be a SK...)
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #36) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by vIQleS »

aioqwe wrote: ViQ hasn't posted in a while has he?
No - no I haven't. I've been both sick and really busy...

I'll try and post during the weekend sometime...

I was going to suggest that we hold off on the RC lynch for a while, but since then we've had some good discusion so I'd be happy if someone hammered this now. otherwise i'll post some more tomorrow...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #37) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by vIQleS »

So, at last we can put the cult idea to rest, and we're left with:

0 scum, 1 vig and 1 SK
OR
1 scum, 1 vig and 1 SK

Or maybe the above + another 2 person scum group? (less likely)

We have a blocking / protection role, maybe two (or one of each etc)...

I have a theory as to who might be lynch today, which I will share with everyone once I've done some rereading and we've had some input from everybody...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #38) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by vIQleS »

OMG i just noticed:
Joubert wrote:Got another interesting anagram with the same letters:

CNUSVRPEOO -> NERVOUS COP
He was a Nervous Cop. There may have been some info in his posts after all.

Nothing we can use though probably - as we started in day, he wouldn't have had a chance to investigate anyone yet...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #39) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:16 am

Post by vIQleS »

OK...

I'm voting no to mass claim because I have a theory that might help us narrow the odds of getting a mafia lynch.

I'm going to share it but I want to do a good detailed read of everyone posting today, and I'm in one of my busy weekends.

I'll try and do a decent reread tonight - otherwise i'll do it tomorrow morning... And I'll definitely post something tormorrow sometime...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #40) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Last night I both blocked and protected Battle Mage.

Last night we had only one kill.

My theory:

Battle Mage
1. has a killing role
and
2. was a target last night.

Any flaws in my logic?

There is of course a possibility of another blocking / protecting role, but I don't think its a good idea for them to come out just yet...

And in the absence of any other info, I think a BM lynch would be the best bet right now...

vote: Battle Mage

PS - I may as well seeing as i've come out anyway:

I'm the Head of secuirity, a jailkeeper. Every night I choose someone and lock them up...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #41) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:21 am

Post by vIQleS »

Battle Mage wrote:Ok, a few things.

1. You are the head of security? i thought we had concluded that the Vigilante was this game's 'security'?

That said, i think the claim makes sense. I cant see scum trying a No Kill gambit, and it makes sense that i was targetted after nailing Rosso.

BM
Indeed, and also:

6. armlx, Surveillance System, Tracker, stuffed full of straw Night 1

So there's definitely a security theme of some sort running here...
aioqwe wrote:Then does that mean you are an sk?
Answered.
aioqwe wrote: The vig could be some for of security guard. Do you lock people up yourselves?
My PM says that
I
detain them. I don't have any communication with anyone else. (At this point in the game)
aioqwe wrote:Don't you think it is more likely that he was just targetted or just attempting to kill some one?
I don't think that it is
more
likely.
I do however accept the
possiblilty
that there might have been another block or protection. (As i mentioned in my post above.)

In the absence of any other info though; I think our best odds of lynching scum is BM (see below).
Battle Mage wrote:Hmm yeh ViQ might be more experienced than me. I havent seen him in any other games, so i dont know.
I've been around longer, but BM has a lot more experience than me:

BM - vIQleS

The way I see it I either:
1. Blocked BM from killing (Scum)
or
2. Protected him from being killed (Town)
or
3. Both (Scum)

That gives him a 66% chance of being scum, whereas if we were to just lynch at random we have a 33% chance of hitting scum.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #42) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 am

Post by vIQleS »

Battle Mage wrote:
This is not a case of me vs ViQles. The fact is, he is almost certainly town. But that isnt a case against me, as even if we assume that ViQles is 100% town,
the odds of me being scum are still very slim
Hem...

See above...

If my maths is wrong, please let me know... :-)
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #43) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Battle Mage wrote:lol nice try. Unfortunately u seem to have a misguided use of statistics here. Firstly, the fact there are 3 options, does not mean they are equally weighted.
You're absolutely right, however I would have weighted it in the exact opposite direction:
Battle Mage wrote:The chance of me being Both targetted for NK, and the culprit of an NK, requires us to have 3 killing roles still remaining in the game, which frankly seems like a virtual impossibility atm. As such, the odds of Option 3 is about 2% tops.
Disagree.

With all the power roles, it seems quite likely that we still have one mafia and 1 SK. As niether of them killed last night, the odds of you being a killing role as well as a target are quite high - despite what the rules of logic would suggest (i.e. two things being true rather than just one...). So if anything, I'd say that you have a better than 66% chance of being scum.

At the very least you have a 50% chance: either I blocked you or I protected you. That's much better than lynching at random: there's 6 alive and, we think, 2 scum, that's 2:6 or 33% or 1:6 = 16%
Battle Mage wrote: Oh btw, ViQ, did you claim targets from previous nights? Roleblockers are confirmable, although sadly, i cant confirm you.
If you like, although I don't want anybody to claim power roles unless they really have to:

Night 1: Sensfan
Night 2: You.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #44) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by vIQleS »

SensFan wrote:
vIQleS wrote:Night 1: Sensfan
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that proves I'm not SK, right?
Hadn't thought of it like that - but yes, I suppose it does...

Doesn't prove you're not mafia tho... :-P

We'll see what happens with BM...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (isolation #45) » Sat May 10, 2008 12:09 am

Post by vIQleS »

Greasy Spot wrote:
SensFan wrote:So...am I the only one not seeing why Greasy faked a ridiculous PR?
I was just trying something different. You don't know till you try it.

Good game all.
Trying something different? Like being a dickhead and deliberately playing to hurt the side you're on?

You suck, and you can count on never being in a game with me ever again.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (isolation #46) » Sat May 10, 2008 12:09 am

Post by vIQleS »

EBWOP:

Game was good Pete - good twists...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #47) » Sun May 18, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by vIQleS »

As interesting it may have been (for the first couple of pages); to persist in stupid confuscating tactics that disrupt the game and make it harder to find scum is bad gameplay - no matter how you look at it.

And perhaps you don't understand the way things work in the real world: the way you play the game affects everybody else, and whether they enjoy the game. And to a significant degree each player has a direct influence on the outcome of the game.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”