petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Fixing
to be more readable, with an extrapolation of a particular thought.

2.)
Your posts seem to indicate that if people say the A-word, you get a random power, but
not
for the H-word. I doubt you would need
both
words to be fulfilled to get a single random power. If you only needed one of them (i.e. the A-word), I do not feel it was necessary for you to use both of those words in your posts to begin with, especially when you began the game with the H-Word. I also doubt you would get
two
random powers if both trigger words were satisfied.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Very well, although I shudder to think what might happen I will break the restriction. It appears this needs elaboration including my role claim because my role is based on the PR and two word answers will not fully answer the questions posed to me.
I'm a Post Restricted Jack-Of-All-Trades type role.
I try to get the town to say Hallelujah and/or Amen throughout the day. If a currently unknown number of the townspersons(I expect half since in MMM that was the number) say one or both of them, I get a power that is currently unknown to me. I find it out when it hits night. Since it's a JoaT, I expect there's a list of some sort. In order to receive the power, I have to post in Mostly Mute Monk style in addition to the town saying Hallelujah/Amen. The reason it was mostly me typing Amen was that Amen is easier to type. Since that was the major part of me breaking my restriction, I decided to mention that first since I get only two words. I wasn't thinking about the other part of it because it didn't seem as important. The mod also stated that something else might happen to me at night if I broke my restriction, but I don't know what exactly that is. I don't know what could happen to me at night. I don't expect a modkill, but I'm sure there are other things that could happen. I don't know the rest of how the role works, but that is what I do know so far.

With two words per post it's really hard to say things exactly the way I want to say things so things such as "Whole Town" when discussing people saying Amen or discussing what happens when I break my restriction or saying "random power" when I mean something slightly different is a lot more difficult.

Now that I am not restricted for the rest of the day, expect me to contribute my slightly more in-depth than two word thoughts on the game thus far soon.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Unvote: hasdgfas, Vote: wolfcrier
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

unvote

thank you Has. Sorry about the harassment, but at least now your cleared from suspicion. Hopefully nothing bad happens tonight
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Yay!

That was a nice elaborative post thus far. Using only two words, especially with no or little (I don't know if you do have any) experience doing it can make it difficult to get points across. Thus far I am believing his claim, and believe his role is testable in the future. For today I believe we should look elsewhere. Tomorrow I think I would be willing to test his claim, and hopefully we can have you communicate what 'bad' things happen to you at night.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Monkey »

This is me checking in .. Just got a prod from the mod.

I'm glad that Hasdgaf's posting restriction was addressed, kudos to PJ for doing a good job with that btw. I never assume anyone's alliance in a game, but Hasdgaf is surely lower on the scum-o-meter IMO. Let's see what happens tonight though.

Wish I could add more at this point in time, but RL has been keeping me busy and hopefully I'll be able to add more to the game in the coming week.

BTW, I had a longer/better post earlier, but I didn't copy before I posted and got stuck in suspension.
Dani Banani
Dani Banani
Townie
Dani Banani
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by Dani Banani »

am posting per prod... i got sick over the weekend, so the extra time i had from working my 2 jobs, i spent in bed... i'm still sick now, and this game might be a wrong place, wrong time thing for me... will talk to Thesp...
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:05 am

Post by QuickBen »

@BM- When someone pings the scumdar harder than you, I'll let you know. Has came close for a minute, but his explanation seems reasonable. GS seemed/seems to be a confused, then frustrated townie. Either that or he's a much better actor than I think. It really kinda cracks me up that you're voting me for thinking your hissy fit about the Jester plan was un-townie. Your vote seems to be... I'm not even sure what to call it... pre-emptive OMGUS? Your logic is flawed, you're overreacting to one person (me) pointing out that a townie (or scum for that matter) wouldn't care if anyone wanted the Jester to come forward, and now you're accusing me of not scum-hunting. Who needs to hunt when the quarry seems hellbent on staying in your face? Beyond that, some of us look for scum by observation. I never have been a question asker, really. I give scum enough rope and before they know it, the trap door is opening under their feet as they begin the hemp fandango. ;)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:24 am

Post by mith »

I'm still not convinced by hasdgfas's claim. It doesn't fit the Thespival-theme (we didn't have any such roles, nor is there a Jack-of-all-trades card in my deck), nor does it fit what I know of Thesp's style.

That said, I'm not sure why he would've started with the [word] thing if it was
completely
fabricated.

I'm going to do some research on this. For now, I remain more convinced that Greasy Spot is scum, so my vote will remain there.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:25 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Battle Mage wrote:Alot of AtoE in that post,
@ BM: So what? You can't play any game and distance yourself from emotions.

@ mith: The only way my last sentence would rub you the wrong way was if you were scum and did not want to see any votes removed from me. How can you even bring up my reaction to your crap trap of trying to find the Jester. I saw shit flying in the forum and I called it. You got busted.Deal with it.

about has: I can't believe you guys are listening to a cow that can only speak 2 words in each post. Talk about gullable. You guys don't give a shit about what I say but your gonna listen to a 2 worded cow with 'random powers' that might just be the Jester.

@ tyhess: When was I fucking dragging out my claim of not being Jester. I didn't believe the crap trap story that was being thrown out there. If I was the Jester why would claim if I didn't believe the story. Your comment is utter stupidity.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot,

I AM THE JESTER!!
:twisted:

vote: hasdgfas
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:51 am

Post by QuickBen »

WTF? :shock: :?:
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:59 am

Post by hasdgfas »

First things first: @mith: there's not a CotCR card in your deck either, so you shouldn't be assuming that Thesp wouldn't make more custom cards.

I've done a basic re-read, and 3 people are rubbing me the wrong way right now. wolfcrier, Dani Banani, and GS.

Dani: hasn't really contributed anything to the game. Most of his posts have been check-in posts and the others haven't really been useful. The "semi-random" vote for MoS? That wasn't useful at all at that point in the game. Then there was the "do your research" post while not doing his own research.

wolfcrier: His posts just made me scratch my head. None of them seemed to be exactly pro-town. This has been said already, but the "mith is very scummy -> vote: GS" is very fishy to me. I don't really like the Appeals to Emotion and his defense of himself using it didn't ring true to me.

GS: The argument over the Jester claiming was really strange to me. It seemed to be a bit overreactive. Then once mith broke off the trap, GS completely overreacted with multiple angry posts. It's a game, there's no need to get as angry as he got. And now he has claimed Jester? I thought you were completely against that today while you didn't know it was a trap. Now that you do know it's a trap, you still claim Jester? I don't like this at all. Plus, from his posts during the argument over the Jester claiming, it seemed like he didn't know the Jester win condition, which I assume he would read many times over if he were actually the Jester.

FoS: wolfcrier, DB
MajorFoS: GS
Monkey
Monkey
Townie
Monkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Monkey »

Greasy Spot wrote:I AM THE JESTER!!
You lied earlier, what makes you think you'll be believed now?

Vote: Greasy Spot
, b/c:
1. He lied
2. He requested it, and
3. I think that there's more then enough material that been covered here on the 1st day.

That places Greasy Spot at L-2 btw. Keeping him around for endgame just isn't very appealing to me atm, and if he really is the jester then that's one less party to compete for 1st place with.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:47 am

Post by Holy »

Greasy Spot wrote:Oh yeah, I almost forgot,

I AM THE JESTER!!
Ok, I didn't feel like to believe that so early, I'll wait for a moment for a possible counter-claim. I didn't know if you were serious or just being frustrated.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mith wrote:I'm still not convinced by hasdgfas's claim. It doesn't fit the Thespival-theme (we didn't have any such roles, nor is there a Jack-of-all-trades card in my deck), nor does it fit what I know of Thesp's style.

completely
fabricated.

I'm going to do some research on this. For now, I remain more convinced that Greasy Spot is scum, so my vote will remain there.
I'm glad Mith posted this. I thought i was going crazy. I'm disinclined to believe Hasdgfas's claim, primarily because the role he is claiming makes such little sense, and furthermore it is VERY hard to confirm the role, let alone affiliation!

I mean, he spent so much time breadcrumbing, and then for barely any reason atall, completely broke his restriction, without any fear of the consequences. No offence but such a role would be SO dumb. Mith's validation of the fact that JoaT doesnt feature in the deck from which roles were given out, seems to back up my thoughts.

HoS: Hasdgfas
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Greasy Spot wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Alot of AtoE in that post,
@ BM: So what? You can't play any game and distance yourself from emotions.

@ mith: The only way my last sentence would rub you the wrong way was if you were scum and did not want to see any votes removed from me. How can you even bring up my reaction to your crap trap of trying to find the Jester. I saw shit flying in the forum and I called it. You got busted.Deal with it.

about has: I can't believe you guys are listening to a cow that can only speak 2 words in each post. Talk about gullable. You guys don't give a shit about what I say but your gonna listen to a 2 worded cow with 'random powers' that might just be the Jester.

@ tyhess: When was I fucking dragging out my claim of not being Jester. I didn't believe the crap trap story that was being thrown out there. If I was the Jester why would claim if I didn't believe the story. Your comment is utter stupidity.

I AM THE JESTER!!

True, but in Mafia logic tends to take presidence over simple emotion.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

not entirely sure how seriously to take a Jester claimer who in the same post seems to push the view that Hasdgfas is the Jester. lol
Not a bad lynch for today by any means, but i'd rather we discussed a bit more first.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:06 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Well ya'll didn't believe me when I said I wasn't the Jester so I thought I'd see if anyone believed me when I said I was the Jester.

One of you called me a lier and 2 of you don't believe me. You guys don't know what the is even going on do you.

What if I role claimed and said I was an Antagonist? That my role was to piss everyone off and I might even win if everyone votes for me.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:44 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

That's essentially a jester, you win if everybody votes for you.

People don't believe you GS because you have blatantly lied.

You claim you are the Jester
You claim you are not the Jester
Therefore you claim to be the jester and not the jester, which is impossible, so you are clearly lying. I'm placing my vote on you today, but I'm waiting until the end of the day so that we can continue our discussion, and hear more from has while he can talk.

If you are the jester, we don't have to worry about you anymore, if you are scum, then we are closer to winning. If you actually are town, this is the worst play you could possibly be providing as town.

Nobody else vote for GS, He's two away from lynch and can easily place the last vote on himself to end the day. So don't vote for GS
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:53 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Battle Mage wrote:
mith wrote:I'm still not convinced by hasdgfas's claim. It doesn't fit the Thespival-theme (we didn't have any such roles, nor is there a Jack-of-all-trades card in my deck), nor does it fit what I know of Thesp's style.

completely
fabricated.

I'm glad Mith posted this. I thought i was going crazy. I'm disinclined to believe Hasdgfas's claim, primarily because the role he is claiming makes such little sense, and furthermore it is VERY hard to confirm the role, let alone affiliation!

I mean, he spent so much time breadcrumbing, and then for barely any reason atall, completely broke his restriction, without any fear of the consequences. No offence but such a role would be SO dumb. Mith's validation of the fact that JoaT doesnt feature in the deck from which roles were given out, seems to back up my thoughts.

HoS: Hasdgfas
Most of what you said I agree with, but one thing that sticks out that I disagree with is that he came out for barely any reason. He was breadcrumbing with his restriction to get his goal, he came out because of the pressure we were putting on him for our disbelief of him.

In regards to mith's statement about the cards, that's something to keep in mind, that his card doesn't exist in the actual deck. Like has said, neither does CotCR. However CotCR had a big theme at Thespival, as did Mostly Mute Mafia, and the Jester. None of those are cards, but I can believe that they'd all be in this game. There are a limited number of green cards though, and if Thesp kept with that restriction, then our 'special' roles will be limited, and for those who don't know how many there are, I'm not revealing :twisted:.

Anyways, his role does sound odd, and I agree that his alignment isn't confirmable. But we can't condemn a player for having a unique role and being unable to confirm his alignment. Essentially we can't confirm anybody's alignment, I've seen docs and cops as scum before. I admit when it comes to special roles like his, I lean towards the side of believing him to be town than scum, which isn't always the case, but I see most people referring to such a player in a suspicious light and attacking him to get said player lynched. I see it as punishing a player for having a special role because we're not used to it, and scum is more than happy to play along when it's not their own teammate involved because it gets a potentially powerful role lynched.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

I claimed earlier in the game that I was not the Jester or Mafia. I didn't claim Jester until post #459. That was only out of exasperation.

If you guys think I'm scum vote me out. I will not post any further content this day unless close to a prod.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:06 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Saying that you're not going to post further content is so ridiculously anti-town. You should always contribute, whether you want to or not. Just because you're frustrated doesn't mean you're allowed to stop posting.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Greasy Spot wrote:I claimed earlier in the game that I was not the Jester or Mafia. I didn't claim Jester until post #459. That was only out of exasperation.

If you guys think I'm scum vote me out. I will not post any further content this day unless close to a prod.
I dont see why we WOULDN'T vote you out. I mean, worst case scenario you are Jester and rid ourselves of an anti-town force.
lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

I'm fed up. Greasy Spot is doing nothing but being counter productive, obnoxious, and a distraction. Even if he is vanilla, he's so anti-town he might as well be scum. He's like, self-appointed scum. A Scum Wannabe, if you will. And besides, lynch all liars.

vote: Greasy Spot
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by tyhess »

Greasy Spot wrote:

I AM THE JESTER!!

You dragged out claiming the whole time!!And if you didn't beleive their "stupidity" and didn't come out, why the hell are you coming out now when you know it was a a trap. No matter what your allegiance is, you could not have played this any worse.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”