TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Meh
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 4248, Nero Cain wrote:I want the scum and RC topics!
Always a huge fan of the RC topic.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

eh, you are mildly entertaining.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I will be adding all PTs to the OP of this thread.
Everything is released automatically except the Scum PT, they have 48 hours to decide if they want it released or anything redacted.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

There were literally like 5 days there where I was more likely to vote mastin than Molla.

I'm disappointed.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

i see you on, come say words mastin

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4246, TheWayItEnds wrote:The way you phrased the death star shit matched exactly the scum team ability stuff from hunger games.
The death star was a real mechanic, that the scum team never used.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Yeah but it matched the cornucopia from hunger games when I was checking to see if you normally did day talk.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Like here's your abilities: death star.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4241, mhsmith0 wrote:Kinda funny that mastina brought up a vc that made her look WORSE instead of better, and that soon after came the final vote and hammer :P
I mean yeah it did but I sure as fuck wasn't going to admit it.

I notably avoided VCA this whole game actually which shoulda been a tipoff--one of the three queens of VCA not doing it until literally moments before the deadline? Yep. Scum.

But hey. You live with the cards you're dealt. (I really wasn't supposed to be the endgame player which is why I was so pissed off at that guilty. *I* was supposed to be the guilty result, dammit! My early Pine interactions were specifically designed so that upon my lynch, Pine would be auto-cleared and coast to an easy endgame.)

For what it's worth, my role was Encryptor. My special was reviving a scumbuddy for one phase. (Molla's power was actually a close mirror to my own in that regard, another reason that we lucked out.)

Also, that Molla vanillaize was totally my idea. Worked out SO much better than I coulda ever hoped it was. And I was also the one driving MOST of the nightkills this game. Nacho was my idea. Desperado, me. Infinity, also me. Drunken Piper, yep, that was mine. AJ, I killed in a panic because I omitted that our Death Star JOAT (1) didn't work on members of the rogue crew, and (2) could only function when the rogue crew was active, meaning I had no fucking strongman kill at my disposal and AJ's jailkeep really WAS dangerous to me. (I diverged from the plan by killing AJ.) Heartless, that too was me.

The one and only nightkill this whole game which wasn't my idea was the Nero Cain kill, which was Pine/Gin's idea. (Because that was the phase I used my power.)
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by Firebringer »

My modding meta is becoming a bit predictable I guess?
Show

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4242, mhsmith0 wrote:Oh goodness molla flaked out on end of game for basically the entire last 24 hours? Ouch, not a cool way to end it :(
Yeah, I would have won by default from a no-lynch. But, I think ending the game on a lynch was more appropriate anyway.

It really frustrated me that neither Molla nor TWIE were voting; I wanted the game to end two weeks ago and I knew it was most likely going to be a scum win at that, so *I* didn't want to drag the day out. I wanted it over quickly and painlessly. But optimal scum play is to not cast the first vote (ESPECIALLY not on TWIE who could have held a role such as vengeful or supersaint), and that meant that I needed to wait until TWIE voted Molla, or make a really fucking convincing case on TWIE when hammering him. Both which required me to wait for the town players to act first, and Molla never did whereas TWIE only acted when Molla/myself did meaning the one and only time he was really around posting strongly was when I was at the last day.

I'm sorry to all the townies who had to live through that. Not the best way for you to end up losing.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why did Pine/Gin want to kill me but not you?

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Kinda surprised you guys let heartless live that long. In the danganronpa theme game scum dayvvigged tth like immediately on day one :lol: (and that was probably their single biggest win eliminating her so fast)
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4246, TheWayItEnds wrote:The way you phrased the death star shit matched exactly the scum team ability stuff from hunger games.
At Pine's suggestion, I actually omitted information.
And when I later asked Firebringer what the formatting would be for my safeclaim, I learned...
...That if my role were real, he WOULDN'T have omitted information.

Quite literally, this is what he told me:
Firebringer wrote:
Death Star:

Once one of these abilities are activated, the Rogue Crew is notified of the ability activated and its effects.
All of these are one shot abilities
If a majority of Rogue Crew is scum, none of these can be activated
If the Rogue Crew is disbanded, none of these can be activated
These can be activated only at night and only one per night

Cloak field:
Scum are ninjas for the night none of their actions can be seen, this will not include specials. Rogue crew actions cannot be blocked/manipulated/etc.
Firing the Death Star:
Scum can perform a strongman kill. Rogue crew becomes immune to kills for the night (including this strongman)
Impenetrable Hull:
Scum become immune to death for the night. Rogue Crew gains a rolecop check.

This is how I would do it.
...Our scum PT, when it's released, will show you how that is literally the exact fucking wording we had.

So I was actually scumclaiming because I
didn't
give you everything. (I mean, I was scumclaiming in lots of different ways across the whole game, but that was among them.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4253, Firebringer wrote:Everything is released automatically except the Scum PT, they have 48 hours to decide if they want it released or anything redacted.
I already gave my explicit permission to release everything. I owe Antihero a good read, after all. <3
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

I mean Molla never answered the first question I asked him that I repeated like 4 times.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4263, Nero Cain wrote:Why did Pine/Gin want to kill me but not you?
Because I wanted to fucking endgame you for being an absolute asshole whose entire reason for scumreading me was utterly wrong. You had ONE aspect where you identified what made me scum that was correct--but you added it as quite literally a fucking AFTERTHOUGHT. If your entire posting had been like that one point I wouldn't have objected so strongly to your death, yet because it was a fucking afterthought and your entire reasoning for me being scum was just you being an absolute asshole, I had no desire to reward your terrible behavior with a nightkill, because it would inevitably end up boosting your overinflated ego.

You thought that when I said this during the game it was a scum lie, right?

Newsflash:

It wasn't.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:43 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Be nice in post game, or I will have to start moderating this.
Show

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't think suggesting that the the way you went about the Pine wagon is me being an asshole. Especially considering that both you and Pine have admitted that it was planned that way.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4264, mhsmith0 wrote:Kinda surprised you guys let heartless live that long. In the danganronpa theme game scum dayvvigged tth like immediately on day one :lol: (and that was probably their single biggest win eliminating her so fast)
The
idea
there was threefold.
One, we figured that Heartless would be the target of any protects/watches. Normally I don't care for that sort of thing, but we were playing an increasingly tight scumgame requiring increasingly more precision.
Two, we figured there were just higher priority kills almost every night. Nacho
terrified
me. Desperado I know is a good lategame player and as a member of the rogue crew was conftown. Infinity was the closest townie to being right at the time of his death and he had the charisma to get people to listen to him so I wanted him gone. Plus he was conftown so nobody would question his death. Drunken Piper was reasonably accurate and was conftown so needed to die. We had originally planned to leave AJ alive and as long as AJ was alive we had to leave Heartless alive, and the only reason this changed is because I needed AJ dead in order to win the game.

Three, my main reason, Heartless was just too damn accurate and I knew that if Heartless died, then that would cause the town to unite behind them. So I was waiting for them to get paranoid. I was waiting for their reads to change, from accurate to wrong. They never did, and that's one of the main reasons both MoI and zefiend ended up lynched, so it was probably a bit of a mistake, holding out for the hope of them suddenly having a shift from right to wrong.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 4243, mhsmith0 wrote:Also if anyone liked the setup feel free to thank me for a great review, and if anyone disliked the setup it's because firebringer didn't listen to me or something :P
You
weren't listened to?
That's funny. :P
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 4272, Andrius wrote:
In post 4243, mhsmith0 wrote:Also if anyone liked the setup feel free to thank me for a great review, and if anyone disliked the setup it's because firebringer didn't listen to me or something :P
You
weren't listened to?
That's funny. :P
LALALALALA CANT HEAR YOU :P
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

If you think that I was being an asshole when I questioned you suddenly declaring that you were going to go V/LA over the weekend when you had the lifeguard cert then sorry but that's how it
LOOKED
to me. Especially considering that you did lurk it out over LYLO (well you had to) so its not really that much of a stretch to think you were using a RL thing to lurk during the night.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”