Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:47 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1525, Desperado wrote:you literally haven't even voted today
So what?

You just saw me play a scum game in which the IC had me firmly as town, the babysitter protected me 3 nights in a row, and I won in lylo in just a few hours. You know that, as scum, I have no problem acting town. Yet, in this game, you claim to scum read me for newbie level stuff.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:59 am

Post by momo »

In post 1523, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:For me the rush hits, I analyze the rush, ponder thoughts here and there, and when it comes close to deadline and I haven't come up with anything, i'll just present what I got. I do think it's important how the stall works for various reasons I don't wish to talk about now, but late game.
This is not normal gin.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:06 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1527, Persivul wrote:So what?

You just saw me play a scum game in which the IC had me firmly as town, the babysitter protected me 3 nights in a row, and I won in lylo in just a few hours. You know that, as scum, I have no problem acting town. Yet, in this game, you claim to scum read me for newbie level stuff.
:neutral:

so what is that you just complained about how the game state is stale when you've done nothing to change it

i really don't feel like prosecuting everything you just said about witch trials so i'll just say...i don't care. you've done scummy things in his game and whether you think they're newbie level stuff or not is irrelevant.
;)
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:13 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1529, Desperado wrote:i don't care
So are you scum, or tunneling town? Open-minded town would care about very clear and recent meta, so you're not in that category.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:18 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 1528, momo wrote:
In post 1523, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:For me the rush hits, I analyze the rush, ponder thoughts here and there, and when it comes close to deadline and I haven't come up with anything, i'll just present what I got. I do think it's important how the stall works for various reasons I don't wish to talk about now, but late game.
This is not normal gin.
You struggling to create content, there Momo?

Weird for you to say something like this if we've never played together
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:18 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1530, Persivul wrote:So are you scum, or tunneling town? Open-minded town would care about very clear and recent meta, so you're not in that category.
you didn't provide any meta you just said you were good at looking town in one game where you were scum

i'm seeing many of the same things i saw from your play in witch trials
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:21 am

Post by Desperado »

and you jumping straight to "i had no trouble looking town in THAT game remember???" rather than explaining why you're town in THIS game is pretty scummy
;)
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1533, Desperado wrote:and you jumping straight to "i had no trouble looking town in THAT game remember???" rather than explaining why you're town in THIS game is pretty scummy
Why is that? I'm good at scum. You saw my last game. In the game prior to that I was called a shiny golden god of scummery in the postgame. Why isn't that relevant, when people are scum reading me for newbie level stuff?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:29 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1533, Desperado wrote:and you jumping straight to "i had no trouble looking town in THAT game remember???" rather than explaining why you're town in THIS game is pretty scummy
Further, you're misrepping. I have given reason that I'm town in this game - mainly that I was pushing flipped scum. Yet, in your mind, I was bussing - but not bussing hard enough to actually get him killed - then I got lucky that the vig took him out.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:39 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1534, Persivul wrote:
Why is that? I'm good at scum. You saw my last game. In the game prior to that I was called a shiny golden god of scummery in the postgame. Why isn't that relevant, when people are scum reading me for newbie level stuff?
you are arguing that you aren't scum in this game because you're good at scum and you wouldn't do scummy things

i really don't think i need to explain why this argument is specious
In post 1535, Persivul wrote:
Further, you're misrepping. I have given reason that I'm town in this game - mainly that I was pushing flipped scum. Yet, in your mind, I was bussing - but not bussing hard enough to actually get him killed - then I got lucky that the vig took him out.
no, you were distancing from pine and then you got UNLUCKY when the vig took him out
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Desperado »

and as pieg said, if you were town who truly thought they had a smoking gun on pine-scum, why did you holster it and later say that his post restriction rendered him unreadable and attack people for thinking otherwise?
;)
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 857, Persivul wrote:
In post 846, pieg wrote:regardless of whether you think you can get a read off pine's actual posts due to them not containing words, you are still able to see who he interacts with and how

saying that you can't get a read off pine's posting is just lazy
Or saying you
can
get a read from it is just BS.

Do you believe the post restriction?
"holster it and later say that his post restriction rendered him unreadable and attack people for thinking otherwise" is quite a stretch. :roll:
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:51 am

So a nice simple question is to ask Pers who is the scums and why >_>
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:02 am

Post by Persivul »

My main suspect is pieg. I'll put together a case when I get a chance, but for now consider the defense of pine D1 and the objection to analysis of pine defenders today.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:04 am

who next
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:07 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1521, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 1517, Aj The Epic wrote:Yeah Nos, why did you unvote Alz for Momo when I'm his replacement?
Don't be pendantic. The point was that Alz replaced out, not that momo replaced in, you get the idea.
It's not pedantic at all. In fact, you never really DID unvote, you just voted fire instead. And you didn't have a reason on Alz in the first place, nor did you state this was your reason for changing votes at the time. To me, your only interaction with Alz comes in post 821, where he calls you out for the shit time you spent against pieg. In honesty, Alz's case is perfectly fine and your reaction is the one that sucks here. And you start scumreading him for basically that, if I'm to go by your interactions.
In post 720, Alz wrote:Out of everything, pieg looks better in this interaction and Nos looks weird. I would like to repeat the question he asked-how would you consider changing your read based on his answer? What's your read now based on it?
This is weird, a weird question at the beginning, seems like an attempt to try to lay the groundwork to easily change his reads and manner of interaction towards him, followed by a casual response to pieg's answer to that question.
Yep, he's invalidated your case on him which appeared to be strong till now, with just one answer about the order he wrote his readslist in. Makes everything look very weird in hindsight
In post 821, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 815, Alz wrote:
In post 731, Nosferatu wrote: 1. My read is now null on him. The reason I scum-read him is gone, which is why I unvoted. I already posted why I would change my read based on the answer.
2. If I didn't lay the groundwork and ask him the question for him to answer, I'd be sticking to a scum-read I know was possibly untrue. In other words I'd be perpetuating a false read. Kinda the thing I voted him for.
3. I've never observed that sort of thing, but interactions aren't my forte. Although while I'm on that note, I don't think you should be looking at the interactions of two people when you don't think either of them are scum. I've tried that before and it typically doesn't work.
See the reason you gave before voting pieg at the beginning, is that his reads list was faulty and that mainly implosion had a TR of him which he kept perpetuating as seen in , . You kept focusing on him till at which point you started backing down weirdly.

You then asked pieg what was the order he posted his reads list in saying that his answer would change your read. He said, he got it from activity overview, which was apparently enough for you? I don't understand how those two things correlate at all. This is very weird and completely vague reason to back off.

You asked him a vague question which imo has no bearing on perpetuating a false read. So according to this, you wanted him to give that answer which would prove he was not scum. All of this is weird.

I felt you were town at the beginning, a lot of your posts were similar to my thought process but this, it's scummy. It now feels like you were bussing him and then just slowly slid off

As for the last part, I've seen it happen a few times. I now don't think so strongly that implosion is scum, he seems more towny as posts go by. Pieg, yeah the scum reads reinforced by this and his prior posts on a read.
mb, I should've just assumed I was right and did absolutely nothing when I realized I could've been wrong. I should've followed through on a lynch that had a possibility of being town. That's honestly the stupidest thing I've heard this whole day. I started backing down because I doubted myself. I'm allowed to second-guess my reads, and if anything, it's what makes me town. It's called thinking clearly.
See the bold? Notice that he called you for the same thing I did. You have different responses to different players IN THE SAME SLOT. THIS is your reason for scumreading Alz? Come on, at least try to pretend you're town here. Like I think this is probably the best post Alz made and you gave him some half-assed response for it and then vote him out the gate. Alz fucking got it, and you for whatever reason don't seem to be able to give a straight answer about WHY THE LIST ORDER WAS ACTUALLY IMPORTANT to any case you could possibly make. You actually never even touch on it when dealing with Alz although he brings it up twice.

Also can we talk about:
3. I've never observed that sort of thing, but interactions aren't my forte. Although while I'm on that note, I don't think you should be looking at the interactions of two people when you don't think either of them are scum. I've tried that before and it typically doesn't work.
Holy cognitive dissonance batman. "I'm not good at interactions, but lemme tell you how to interact". The level of "Fuck off" you're giving alz in these posts is fucking astounding, considering you go to scumreading him and in that case should be TRYING to interact with him. To me, this is pretty cut and dry you'd rather him just shut up and eat rope than actually give an explanation for the weird shit that went down with Pieg.

So let's go back to your original statement of unvoting Alz because of [me] replacing in. This, I don't believe either. Nexus announces Alz's replacement post Sun March 26th at 11am. I make a few filler posts. You make two posts that day. However, your UNVOTE comes almost exactly TWO DAYS LATER and without me having done jack shit in this game. The only happening is fire rants a bit of shit filler and wheme votes him. You switch, putting fire at 3 votes before Wheme unvotes again. Is scum reading fire an acceptable defense? Not if we're going by your iso, which is completely and utterly devoid of anything on fire.

VOTE: Nosferatu

You're feeding me a line of bullshit.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:17 am

Post by Persivul »

Wheme.

Yesterday I started the darklyn wagon. You then got on, and later claimed that you had started it. You unvoted for awhile, then came back on to hammer.
What was up with all of that?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:20 am

Knowing that this is a town game of mine. My ISO will be transparent as hell and you can find the reasoning for each point in your question that you have asked.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:25 am

Post by Persivul »

I would think that a "transparent as hell" game would include answering some questions.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:28 am

its almost like my iso has that entire event recorded.

Go get to quoting and interpreting what you see.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:28 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Ash you think im scum? :/
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:28 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Awh *
Im a dog that quacks
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Nexus »

Speaking of his parents, his phone buzzed. Grabbing it out of his bum-bag, Fat Boy tapped the answer button and held it up to his face, speaker on - naturally.

"Yeah?"

"Son, it's me, mum," the voice on the other end boomed out. Fat Boy's mum always shouted when she phoned him.

"Yes mum, I know. It says it on my phone," Fat Boy replied sardonically.

"Are you eating well?" his mum interjected

Votecount 2.4:

momo (3)
- Firebringer, Whemestar, TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Whemestar (1)
- momo
Aj The Epic (2)
- implosion, pieg
Firebringer (1)
- Nosferatu
Persivul (1)
- Desperado
Nosferatu (1)
- Aj The Epic

Not voting (2)
- Persivul

Day 2 begins. With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is in two weeks, at 10am BST on Saturday 8th April 2017 (expired on 2017-04-08 10:00:00)
Trans rights are human rights.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”