Alz
Goon
Alz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:08 pm

Post by Alz »

In post 275, implosion wrote:
alz wrote:188 I like this post. I agree with percivul and fire but why do you town read pieg's entry to the game? And that thing about being a double voter?
pieg's entry to the game is townish because they sorted people the same way i would have (which is very weak), combined with just the fact that they decided to sort everyone who had posted so early before anyone else had said anything which seems like it would be a bit atypical for scum. The doublevoter thing was more of a tonal read.

I can potentially see grey as scum entirely for his initial reaction to twoface's fos being entirely facetious but from what little I know about grey it might be something he'd do as town? I would be curious to hear more from twoface. idk about him right now. I had a feeling going into the game that he'd be one of the harder people to sort given a combination of the way he described his play and not knowing his meta and his meta seeming particularly important.
So you're reading him as town partly because they have the same reads as you and partly because they were the first to post a reads list.
The first part is fine, but why would the point of time he posted it be alignment indicative? As for the doublevoter thing how is that a good tonal read.
That's what is weird for me, it was continued after the first VC and stopped only after it was pointed out as weird, as if trying to save face.
Alz
Alz
Goon
Alz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Post by Alz »

In post 278, implosion wrote:aaah. okay.

Well. it doesn't really matter. it's mostly irrelevant to my reads.

Persivul brings up a rather good point.
Unvote

VOTE: Pine
You say that line of lynchability reads list is irrelevant but two posts above you just said that it's partly why he's TR by you-'cause you'd lean on them the same way and and that he made one early is a town read for you

What's weird about this is two things-that quick vote change with a casual, vague reason & secondly the continued pushing of your TR of Pieg
Alz
Alz
Goon
Alz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Post by Alz »

In post 303, pieg wrote:we do? you are grasping at straws now, scummymcscummer

VOTE: nos
Why Nos?
Alz
Alz
Goon
Alz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:36 pm

Post by Alz »

In post 321, implosion wrote: I find the way you're posturing around me and pieg interesting; you repeatedly called my read faulty yet had pieg shoulder the blame and it wasn't clear if you were saying that it was faulty in a scummy way. I'm not sure what to make of your pieg read being mostly based on pieg's reaction to my pieg read. The page 1 reads post was still real. Like, the only reason you've given for it to not be real is that it listed a bunch of people who hadn't posted... but those people were all lumped together in the middle of the list separated by blank lines from the people above and below them. Which I think pretty clearly says that the people above the blob look townier and the people below the blob look scummier and those in the blob are neutral bc they haven't posted. I'm not sure what's so difficult to understand about that.

The way you're criticizing my read while seemingly avoiding rhetoric aimed at me in favor of calling pieg scum, combined with what you gave as a read on me, feels like you're trying to stay on my good side while keeping me as a possible point of pressure if pieg flips town in the future.

Looking back over desperado again it feels like he's using his scumread on me as an excuse to not comment on anything not related to me. He hasn't' given any other reads other than a not-particularly-town implied read on wheme. I can see twoface's comment on the wagon being meh as potentially true (at least, pine and alz are decent scum candidates given that there's a good amount of the town to townread right now) but i don't see motivation for desperado-town to vanity vote me with comments like "i'll just see you hang" and then just keep that vote on me and not comment on anyone else when no one joins him. He's effectively posting a lot but doing nothing with his vote and taking almost no meaningful stances.

unvote

VOTE: desperado

pine if you're town can you please stop bsing :|

like after thinking about it there's really no reason to vote you right now because you would bs like this as either alignment just to fuck around but given what nexus said in the signup thread it's just an annoying layer of indirection.
Okay, why do YOU think that reads list is real? Other than the fact that everyone is there on it? What do you think having reads on anyone when we were still in RVS is towny?

What do you make of Nos now?

Also PIEG, why is Prana so down below? Why is implosion closer to the gate of death if his reasoning and reads are good? Why are Persivul and Two-face also near the gate of death?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Post by Nexus »

The servers at the burger joint were walking down the queue, handing out numbered tickets. As they reached Fat Boy, they took a double-take, and a collective sigh ran around the group.

"Hiya Fat Boy, how's it going?"

"Great," the burger fiend replied. "Heard y'all were giving out free food so of course I came right away. What's the plan? Can we have whatever we want?"

"No of course not, we have to have some restrictions, as you well no!"

Fat Boy looked crestfallen. He was really looking forward to the triple stack burger, but he'd probably have to settle for a single stack. Ah well, it was still free!

Votecount 1.4:

-Grey- (3)
- Firebringer, Whemestar, TwoFace
Desperado (3)
- Pine, Alz, implosion
pieg (2)
- massive, Nosferatu
Pine (1)
- Persivul
PranaDevil (1)
- PranaDevil
implosion (1)
- Desperado
TwoFace (1)
- -Grey-
Nosferatu (1)
- pieg

Not voting (0)
-

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is at 6am GMT on Friday 24th March 2017. (expired on 2017-03-24 06:00:00)
Trans rights are human rights.
Alz
Alz
Goon
Alz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:44 pm

Post by Alz »

UNVOTE: Desperado He hasn't done much since I voted him, just the one post, so I dunno. I'll wait and see but, I'm confused about him on reading back now.

Pieg's and Implosion's interactions are weird-supporting each other, make the other look good, but weirdly peig has implosion as lower down, say below grey or wheme.

Both of them seem weird but I'll VOTE: Pieg now but can vote implosion as well
Alz
Alz
Goon
Alz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Post by Alz »

Fire and Wheme why do you make of the game so far?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:54 pm

Post by implosion »

Alz wrote:So you're reading him as town partly because they have the same reads as you and partly because they were the first to post a reads list.
The first part is fine, but why would the point of time he posted it be alignment indicative? As for the doublevoter thing how is that a good tonal read.
That's what is weird for me, it was continued after the first VC and stopped only after it was pointed out as weird, as if trying to save face.
WRT timing: it just seems somewhat unlikely that scum would want to commit to 5 early reads, even if weak, before anyone else had really given anything concrete. Scum have incentive to wait because they can manipulate their reads to line up against potential mislynches. It's not an especially strong point on its own because obviously it's a very low amount of commitment.

WRT tonality: I see what you mean now - the tonal read is based on pretty much his posts from to (it's not just the doublevoter thing). It's just a generally carefree tone. The doublevote thing is silly but reads as unforced to me. They seem at ease. I can buy it looking awkward as reasonable but I don't agree.
Alz wrote:You say that line of lynchability reads list is irrelevant but two posts above you just said that it's partly why he's TR by you-'cause you'd lean on them the same way and and that he made one early is a town read for you
I meant that the meaning of posts 12 and 14 (which I had missed) was irrelevant.
Alz wrote:Okay, why do YOU think that reads list is real? Other than the fact that everyone is there on it? What do you think having reads on anyone when we were still in RVS is towny?
Well, we now
know
that it was real (or at least, that pieg intended it to be an actual reads list and not a completely arbitrarily ordering of players) because pieg confirmed as much.
I thought it was real at the time because it aligned with what I thought (which meant it was unlikely to be arbitrary), and because, like i've repeated many times now, it clearly sorted people into three groups (above blob, blob, below blob).
I explained why early reads in general are a nominal towntell in the first reply in this post but there also is just a gut impression of genuineness in this case in particular; the reads look like they weren't made up, i.e. were actual genuine reads of people, etc. It's not super complicated. My townread on pieg is from a combination of small things that all look natural/not manufactured/town-motivated. Generally making an early commitment to start sorting people as quickly as possible should be townish for fairly obvious reasons i think.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:57 pm

Post by implosion »

and WRT Nos I think his rhetoric towards me is somewhat sketchy. I do have somewhat of a gut reaction that this doesn't feel like what i remember of his scumgame but i think that's just because he's posting here and i think he lurked and then replaced out of the game that i'm remembering that he was scum in. The way he's posturing on pieg but not me feels somewhat off, like I mentioned in . He's a good candidate for scum.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:12 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 324, Persivul wrote:
In post 293, Nosferatu wrote: pine wagon is shit; zero motivation either alignment for him to do what he's doing.
In post 290, -Grey- wrote: What makes you think Scum wouldn't fake a post restriction to deter interactions and attempts to sort?
Because if he keeps doing it, we're obviously gonna just end up policy lynching?

@implosion: I was avoiding putting the blame on you because I didn't want to be upfront and call you a fucking dumbass. You're trying so hard to believe in something that is obviously fake as shit. He copied desp's read format to vote him, included many people who weren't present in the list, and included them indiscriminately. Copy this down in your notes, do whatever you have to do to consult this later: This right here is why I think it was RVS.
The thing that you don't seem to get, is that this isn't about you. I'm not avoiding rhetoric towards you because I want to have good standing with you; I don't give a shit about you. It's how
pieg
responded to a read you had of him. You aren't included in the rhetoric because there's nothing to say about you.

This wagon is pointless: obviously, no one gives a shit about it and I can recognise when I'm fighting a one-man battle. UNVOTE: pieg I'll read over grey later in the morning; probably won't be voting desp.
pieg wrote:
In post 307, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 303, pieg wrote:we do? you are grasping at straws now, scummymcscummer

VOTE: nos
what are you doing
that seems a rather aimless question. in the post you quoted, i am calling you scums and voting you because i want you to die more than i like the desp wagon. do you need help reading any other posts?
it was rhetorical.

>inb4 nos drops pieg wagon right as heat starts piling on

pedit: I don't think there's anything I need to respond to there.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:17 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 334, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 324, Persivul wrote:
In post 293, Nosferatu wrote: pine wagon is shit; zero motivation either alignment for him to do what he's doing.
In post 290, -Grey- wrote: What makes you think Scum wouldn't fake a post restriction to deter interactions and attempts to sort?
Because if he keeps doing it, we're obviously gonna just end up policy lynching?
It's not a policy lynch when there's a reason, and a reason has been given.
pieg
pieg
Goon
pieg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:26 am

Post by pieg »

Looool look at 1 scum jumping on my wagon and 1 scum jumping off.
pieg
pieg
Goon
pieg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:31 am

Post by pieg »

In post 334, Nosferatu wrote:@implosion: I was avoiding putting the blame on you because I didn't want to be upfront and call you a fucking dumbass. You're trying so hard to believe in something that is obviously fake as shit. He copied desp's read format to vote him, included many people who weren't present in the list, and included them indiscriminately. Copy this down in your notes, do whatever you have to do to consult this later: This right here is why I think it was RVS.
horsepucky, the fact that i used desp's readslist as a joke has no bearing whatsoever about the fact that the reads were real. i voted him because his tone was wut and there were already 2 votes on him so it was fast-track wagon to getting out of RVS. your shit is fake you're pushing bad pills you're fucking dead as today's lynch buh-bye scum signed sealed and delivered.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:46 am

Post by TwoFace »

We were already out of rvs though
pieg
pieg
Goon
pieg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:58 am

Post by pieg »

you had not even posted yet lol
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:22 am

Post by TwoFace »

I thought you were referring to the 2nd time you voted him. My bad
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:27 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 331, Alz wrote:Fire and Wheme why do you make of the game so far?
Idk, not really into it. Need to give it more attention. How I am with all my games when they first start
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:32 am

Post by WhemeStar »

I really want to vote pine.
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:35 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 341, WhemeStar wrote:
Idk, not really into it. Need to give it more attention. How I am with all my games when they first start
Talking about my finished noobie game btw. Was getting voted by town because my "playstyle" changed from day 1 to day 2
Im a dog that quacks
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:35 am

Post by Firebringer »

Wheme is town.
Pine is trolling.
Twoface probably town.
Grey needs more information to get solid read.
Desperado feels townie.
Pieg has a lot of bad posts but I am writing it off as playstyle.
Persivul could be scum.
Nosferatu likely scum.
I am probably town.
Am I missing anyone?

You, maybe scum.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Firebringer »

Implosion is town too.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 337, pieg wrote:
In post 334, Nosferatu wrote:@implosion: I was avoiding putting the blame on you because I didn't want to be upfront and call you a fucking dumbass. You're trying so hard to believe in something that is obviously fake as shit. He copied desp's read format to vote him, included many people who weren't present in the list, and included them indiscriminately. Copy this down in your notes, do whatever you have to do to consult this later: This right here is why I think it was RVS.
horsepucky, the fact that i used desp's readslist as a joke has no bearing whatsoever about the fact that the reads were real. i voted him because his tone was wut and there were already 2 votes on him so it was fast-track wagon to getting out of RVS. your shit is fake you're pushing bad pills you're fucking dead as today's lynch buh-bye scum signed sealed and delivered.
You should really make some sort of tutorial for talking out of your ass I'm really finding difficulty with it.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:08 am

Post by -Grey- »

is fucking terrible.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:10 am

Post by -Grey- »

I might be missing something, I dunno.

I should probably read some ISOs soonish. This game is back burner for me atm.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:34 am

Post by Firebringer »

Grey can be town.

Now to wait for someone to point out I am voting a townreadZ
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”