The Mole: Wie is de Mol 2014!

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:20 am

Post by mykonian »

This episode promised to be great and delivered.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Ouch.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:57 am

Post by mykonian »

the money or the execution? :D
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:07 am

Post by mykonian »

Spoiler: today
Pffft

For episodes I've been wavering on Jochem now, he looks so good in challenge after challenge.

And here, it looks like Thomas is iffy again, and he's the blindspot scum all season long

I must admid that I don't know this time. It's not Sanne, I have to say I will be somewhat surprised by the result at the end of it. But I think it may actually be Thomas now.

And if Jochem is actually a candidate, he's been super awesome, endearing and funny.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:48 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 228, mykonian wrote:
Spoiler: today
Pffft

For episodes I've been wavering on Jochem now, he looks so good in challenge after challenge.

And here, it looks like Thomas is iffy again, and he's the blindspot scum all season long

I must admid that I don't know this time. It's not Sanne, I have to say I will be somewhat surprised by the result at the end of it. But I think it may actually be Thomas now.

And if Jochem is actually a candidate, he's been super awesome, endearing and funny.
Spoiler:
I'm curious what struck you as so pure from Sanne early on. I remember that I vaguely liked her in the paper mill & in the Oaks Park challenge but felt Vincent, Yvonne, Immanuelle, and Diederik were the ppl who had really genuine moments early on. + Sigrid a tad later (dat confessional about the color red being triggering). My ep1 mole was Thomas, and then Vincent went home and I tabled him completely and hardtunneled Jochem until like ep4-ep5 where Sigrid passively mentioned that Jochem is deliberately moleing. and Thomas's auction behavior made me finally say to Faraday, you know if I didn't think this guy was clear from Vincent's elimination then he'd be way up for me suspicion-wise.

I reluctantly have come back around to Thomas being the mole. Tho going back to the auction, it does amaze me that candidate!Jochem is the one that privately said 3 jokers are worth nothing to him with no further screentime on that convo & and mole!Thomas privately put them as worth $2000. That blows my mind. So do a few other things. But I think the season as a whole makes more sense with Thomas being the mole who is fairly invisible and seems to show a lot more personality in non-task situations, e.g. during the Oregon Trail. Which puts Jochem as moleing more than the real mole and making it to the finale with the wrong mole identified, but uh. Ya.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:24 am

Post by mykonian »

Spoiler:
Her handing in the original for the copying challenge in the paper mill. Ive seen her in some other quiz show where she was seriously competative (also got far), but where she also was a handfull for the quizmaster to handle. Was a lot of fun to watch, and this felt very similar. So I thought I saw the natural candidate Sanne there. And there's been more instances of that.

I thought thomas on the Oregon trail showed he was perhaps a bad liar, being all excited that he could finally do something secret. But by now, that must just have been some very good acting? It'd be nice.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:36 am

Post by Fenchurch »

KittyMo and everyone else we should have invited you to our mol skype chat, I've put most of my thoughts this season in there.

Spoiler: Pre-final speculation
In post 229, KittyMo wrote:Tho going back to the auction, it does amaze me that candidate!Jochem is the one that privately said 3 jokers are worth nothing to him with no further screentime on that convo & and mole!Thomas privately put them as worth $2000.
I hadn't looked back at this with Thomas as mole. But I can understand a candidate saying 'nothing' and then bidding, as they weren't told in the first round what their valuation meant, and a candidate could have assumed that giving a low number might mean they could get a joker for cheaper. So I can imagine candidate!Jochem saying 0. I'm not sure why mole!Thomas doesn't give a low number, but perhaps he doesn't think it'll make that much difference, or he doesn't want it to be obvious to the viewers that he has prior information about the task.

Mole activity for Thomas:
* Dunes challenge, presumably he did something here to add or remove half a €1,000 note to make it worth negative.
* Lasso challenge, seemed to like he hesitated and ran around the bales for no reason which made it easier for the guy to catch him before he got out.
* Mounted balloon shooting challenge, he got a really quick time in the first round and then fails to score anything in the second round, and apparently doesn't hear any of the others shouting and whistling him to turn back.
* Polaroid challenge, seems likely that he threw away one of the photos so they could only get 9 points :D; also I don't think he tried to guess a single one of the proverbs, he just let Sanne do them all.
* Alphabet challenge, put the Z in the wrong place and then seems to do nothing useful for the rest of the challenge :)

I haven't looked back so I hope there are some more surprises that I've missed!
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:13 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

man what an awesome mole!

unreal that only

Spoiler: mole finale spoiler
2 tests of 55 had thomas as the mole! RIDICULOUS

I always love the production, contestants, hosting, everything about this production.

year in, year out its always great. I'm so happy that year in and year out I still get to enjoy one of the best shows TV has created.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:17 am

Post by mykonian »

Not sure for how long spoilers are required still, but

Spoiler:
I loved how Thomas managed to transition his early episodes into becoming the by default trusted player. I assume that helped, if the other players keep nominating him for key positions, are you going to be the one stepping out of line suspecting him? Surely they have a reason. Getting to that point as a mole, that's an achievement.

In that, I got it totally wrong halfway as well. The way the group went about it, trusting different people, I thought they had all figured it out. Perhaps they thought the same. But Jochem, who I was on, idk, he was surprisingly helpful for a mole in a couple of challenges. He was too nice after all :) I would never have rethought it if it wasn't for that.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:26 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

The Mole from Belgium was rebooted in 2016, and has a currently running 2017 season. And there's english subs.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:06 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Wie is de Mol 2018 has begun! English subs are up already too! If anyone wants to join our skype chat then let me know.

Spoiler: My E1 thoughts
Pretty amazing episode. LOVED the countries reveal!

Bit frustrating watching the teams not communicating much throughout the later bits of the challenge.... e.g. most of them ringing Art just to hear the same message about M18, a bunch of them spending figuring out the TBILISI password independently of each other.

It was funny that Jean-Marc seemed to be considering that they might have to get to Tbilisi during the two hour challenge.

No idea who the mole is...
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

aww yeah i was just gonna check for subs after the game ended woo hype!
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Spoiler:
That episode had quite possibly the best designed stage/challenge in reality show history. Not sure how I feel about the execution method but shrug.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Well, it's taken me a while after the final episode to settle on a mole from the Final Three, but now I have done I'm pretty sure of it.

Spoiler: my mole is....
Jan

Spoiler: evidence 1: only read this if you want to know where the negative money came from during the white water rafting challenge
After this challenge played out I thought, surely you could go back and see what capsules each person was meant to grab, what ones they actually took, and figure out where the negative money came from. Luckily I didn't have to actually do this because the lovely people on the WIDM official forums had already done it, aha :)

Olcay's was obvious because she 'accidentally' took two from the same flag, but as for the other two? What happened was:
1. Jan gets given England - Orange and Italy - Blue.
2. Jan tells everyone: 'just remember our own colours, otherwise it will be chaos'
3. At some point, Simone starts to say out loud 'I have Georgia blue, and Hungary...'. Jan immediately cuts her off with: 'guys, just remember your own colours.'
4. Later Jan starts to chant: 'Blue, Orange, England, Italy' - this makes it sound like blue is England and orange is Italy - in Ruben's voiceover he actually talks about Jan chanting 'England Blue, Italy Orange'.
5. Jan proceeds to take the Blue from England and the Orange from Italy... bam, twice negative money.

Although it's possible that a real candidate could muddle their colours and countries accidentally, there are two things that make Jan's actions suspicious:
  • The contrast between him telling everyone 'just remember your own colours' and then proceeding to chant his own colours.
  • The weirdness of him wording it as 'Blue, Orange, England, Italy', instead of the more natural 'colour country, colour country,' that everyone else was using.

Spoiler: evidence 2: how much money each candidate has contributed to the pot, up to E07, according to Moltalk
Don't really know how they calculate this, but here it is. I wouldn't rely on this on it's own, but combined with evidence 1...

Also as I mentioned before, me, CES, myko, Patrick, KittyMo and Faraday have been discussing throughout this season in a skype chat - if anyone else wants to join - PEG, Zito, LLD? - then just let me know!
Last edited by Fenchurch on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:42 am

That finale quiz thing was so fucking cool.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:49 am

also, skype? Yikes. Why no Discord, I've had the Adware that is Skype uninstalled for a while.

but I doooooooo want to chat about the season

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:54 am

Post by pickemgenius »

very excited with this conclusion.

loved the reveal, loved it all.

big fan. best show.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:21 am

damn straight.

Now I'm hype for De Mol Belgie which starts in like 2 weeks.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:51 am

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 242, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:damn straight.

Now I'm hype for De Mol Belgie which starts in like 2 weeks.
yeah thank goodness we got the other person thatll be on that in a couple of weeks :)
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Yeah he said he might be delayed a bit, but his YouTube and Dailymotion are active so it should get done

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by Harambey180 »

I never thought the mole would be Jan until the last episode before the finale.

Then I was pretty sure it was Jan.

This show was really great!
hi
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:12 pm

EPISODE 1 WAS SO GOOD

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:27 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 247, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:EPISODE 1 WAS SO GOOD
It was very enjoyable.

Kinda sad with the elimination, but not entirely unexpected. I had her pinned down as a real ??? from the episode. Atm I have 5 people as not moles(with one super 100% not mole.) Other 4 trending as possibilities after one episode.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:33 pm

Post by Harambey180 »

I never actually watched the Belgian version, but everyone's saying that it's much better cuz it's the original, so I might follow this season for once.
hi

Return to “General Discussion”