School Survivor (Game Over, Congrats Hermione!)

Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #42 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Shadoweh »

All the newbies in this game were great. Congrats Hemminy!
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #62 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Reck, you voted for Shaco. Don't you have some sort of idea why the least controversial/not risky/'nicest' person gets votes? It's certainly not because the jury cares less.
Besides, the winner of this game wasn't that type of player, and DBZA/Medevac happened. Y'all might be overreacting a bit.

(PSV and Eon are terrible examples of pagongs going out of style imo with Bluebell and Reinbow stronk :P )
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #78 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 68, xRECKONERx wrote:I'll say that Nexus also made me want to leave. I do tend to get a bit more emotional at times though.
The way this is being equated to Nexus is probably the source of my scorn slash why I can't talk seriously about this because it makes me upset and it would be me expressing the same things I've already expressed. I don't think it's conductive to the problems School had which were different.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #114 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Or in this case not taking a risk was not punished. The core of what was upsetting was that Juno openly decided not to flip, not to make a move, and still nearly won.
Maybe she was even right that doing that would have alienated Aria and Herm and given her no chance at all to win because they'd prefer being upset over the good move?
(I don't think Reck is like that but Aria certainly was.) That is I think the source of spec hatred seeing as most specs were risk taking leader types.

The cartoonish emotional exaggerations that turned the game into an I Hate Dan squad were really uncomfortable to watch.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #151 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:12 am

Post by Shadoweh »

As long as it's a full 24 hours instead of 12 hours :p The quick decisions to vote out people still seemed to happen though, just before PMs were turned off.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #176 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 174, Vijarada wrote:Yeah in theory sure but in practice I'm horrifically irresponsible (I ran a mafia game into abandonment once in 2014 due to vc error), erratic in activity, and have no experience or skills with zetaboards. And Aussie so I can't even do stuff when it needs to be done.
99% of the reason Radj and I have had problems with chocolate is 'how does make zetaboards do' I think. I know the Large Social Game Mods(tm) are planning to make a Zetaboards for Dummies guide.

I would totally play Inconvenience Survivor, everyone knows I'm awake at every hour on Survivor anyways
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #190 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 182, Vijarada wrote:Yeah I know most orgs are run on like wikia with pming done by gmail or Facebook. Zetaboards is so preferable to that.
grosssssssss

The main problem for me doing a game on site would be my 2000 pm inbox being full by the merge. >.> And also them not being all in one spot, the best parts of zetaboards.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #201 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Magic Kingdom does exist ;_;
The wiki listing stuff more concisely is also being worked on tl;dr there's a lot of raw WRITING being done
It would be nice if there was like, a post in the LSG queue or something that listed a link to every game and it's winner?
Like a HALL OF FAME post.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #211 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Write the summary but do it while roleplaying as Voldemort
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #365 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:26 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 342, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:I'm terrible at commenting on what game moves people should make because I'm not good at the game. Most of it consisted of "vote out Aria" every round for Juno and Hermione, etc. It's especially hard to know what people should do when we thought Dan had a lot more jury votes and Juno had 0, so if people want more constructive feedback on their play they need everyone else posting in their confessionals about them or else we have no idea how whatever they're doing is perceived. My biggest issue with Aria's game was that every round her strategy from our perspective just seemed to be "keep voting out the people I don't like, vote with my friends" and also she was worried about Juno beating her in the end. It's hard to comment on what she should be doing differently other than not be such an obvious jury threat.
"I'm not good at the game" - Two time winner CuddlyCockasian :p You should give yourself a little credit.

We laughed at Aria's worries but the endgame proves Juno was a legitimate threat! Although I think Juno was only threatening those votes because Aria was absent. I like self-awareness so for me that was the biggest annoyance with Aria not knowing she was a social black hole sucking up everyone else's games. Herm got to narrate moves and what should be happening a lot so even the villainous moves made sense from her perspective? I think it's easier to like someone whose thoughts you understand.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #391 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 387, Malkon05 wrote: But let's be real, Karass wouldn't have turned on Ysera if the only alternative wasn't a 50% chance of going home vs Lor.
Not that round no, she wanted to vote me out F4 the same way Reck has said Herm wanted to deal with Aria. For the same reasons too. It's funny how alike our pairs were.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #394 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I LIKE TO THINK ABOUT WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN OKAY ;-;
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #398 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I thought Vij was referring to when Juno posted that very same Sandra gif.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #416 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

With PW stuff I believe sharing each other's PW's post game is allowed if you want to? It doesn't come up often.
I agree that no one's forced to share and afaik that's mod policy too, it's just fun for the people who want to.
Ceph and I talked about stuff I would not have wanted anyone to see in Arkham City for sure, no one can see our forbidden love.

Return to “Social Game Archive”