Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

In post 123, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 120, aronagrundy wrote:VOTE: eddie cane

His case on shadow seems opportunistic. And he basically just repeats what others have said.
Why is starting a wagon on someone at 0 votes opportunistic?

If someone has pointed out the logical flaws in someone's posts and you agree with it, why shouldn't you vote them?
I don't believe that logical flaws are necessarily scummy. Being inconsistent over a period of time is, repeatedly using bad logic is, but not just one instance. And he hasn't even responded yet.

But at the same time this early in the game it's fine to go off of them imo. That's just my thought process.

W/r/t eddie, it's opportunistic in the sense that he's using your logic (@eddie, i'll quote in a sec) to give the appearance of acting town.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

In post 105, Eddie Cane wrote: since when is ignoring a RHETORIC question scum indicative? this is blatantly misrepping a situation. also in reply to 71: it isn't scum afraid of getting lynched, i5s nai newb afraid of getting lynched. I'm really annoyed how you're trying to push a lynch on a newbie for awful reasonig this early. you're right, you're not an ic, but that doesn't mean you should be an asshole. he's new, I called him out a bit for the rvs vote questioning too. that's not scum indicative at all. but actually, viewing your iso, you've been tunnelling him from your first post.
In post 77, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 76, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 73, Barleycorn wrote:
In post 71, Shadow_step wrote:**ignores every question asked to it**
what questions has dogwatch ignored?
You just quoted it in your previous post. :shifty:
So by every question you meant one question that could easily be read as rhetorical?

Seems like you are misrepresenting things in the face of pressure on grundy's awful logic. Don't worry. Once she flips i'm coming after you.
You repeat the line about the rhetorical question. A lot of the post is fluff, too, calling him an asshole and claiming he's been tunneling dog since his first post...which is pretty bizarre. I don't think scum would place an RVS vote with the objective of tunneling that player.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I did use the word rhetoric from him, yes. to be honest I'd probably use sarcastic myself. fitebringer brought up the idea of shadowstep. however, I think shadow step is more likely to flip scum than you. asshole is not filler in this context - it is scum indicative. the line about the IC is what it's in reference to - i only have mobile so I don't type walls or do fancy shmanymcy multi quoting often. there was no need to bring up he wasn't an ic, he was simply omgusing indirectly.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Post by Transcend »

O fuq 6 pages
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by Transcend »

Vote stays

I tr arona, moz, barley, and shadow.

Shadow i think we're town together this time! You're always scum and I'm always town jajaj.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Transcend »

Fos Eddie as well. Shadow is a shit counterwagon to Fire.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

I don't think shadow is a counterwagon to fire? He's a counterwagon to dog, who's a counterwagon to dog, who's a counterwagon to me, who's a counterwagon to fire tho!
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

In post 127, Eddie Cane wrote:I did use the word rhetoric from him, yes. to be honest I'd probably use sarcastic myself. fitebringer brought up the idea of shadowstep. however, I think shadow step is more likely to flip scum than you. asshole is not filler in this context - it is scum indicative. the line about the IC is what it's in reference to - i only have mobile so I don't type walls or do fancy shmanymcy multi quoting often. there was no need to bring up he wasn't an ic, he was simply omgusing indirectly.
How is being an asshole scum indicative? Also he said he wasn't an IC in reference to fire bringing up experience
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

in this scenario he's taking advantage of a beginner. that is the asshole attitude I am referring to.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 130, Transcend wrote:Fos Eddie as well. Shadow is a shit counterwagon to Fire.
It is indeed a counterwagon to dog. you should probably vote me over fire though as I did take his argument.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 134, Eddie Cane wrote:you should probably vote me over fire though as I did take his argument.
this looks really self conscious and trying-too-hard. I'm happy with my Dog vote, but you're next on the Moz list.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 130, Transcend wrote:Fos Eddie as well.
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

Not sure if arona is town or scum yet
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 125, aronagrundy wrote:
In post 123, FireScreamer wrote:

His case on shadow seems opportunistic. And he basically just repeats what others have said.
Why is starting a wagon on someone at 0 votes opportunistic?

If someone has pointed out the logical flaws in someone's posts and you agree with it, why shouldn't you vote them?
I don't believe that logical flaws are necessarily scummy. Being inconsistent over a period of time is, repeatedly using bad logic is, but not just one instance. And he hasn't even responded yet.

But at the same time this early in the game it's fine to go off of them imo. That's just my thought process.

W/r/t eddie, it's opportunistic in the sense that he's using your logic (@eddie, i'll quote in a sec) to give the appearance of acting town.
In post 106, aronagrundy wrote:
In post 102, mozamis wrote:oh, and fire's responses look town. he seems measured and questioning his attackers in a "i dont care, i'm innocent" kinda way.
time to stop voting fire.
What do you make of his 180 on dog?
This is kinda scummy.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by gerryoat »

VOTE: Transcend

he slipped
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

UNVOTE: fire
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 139, gerryoat wrote:VOTE: Transcend

he slipped
? Iso shows nothing
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

Moza maybe scum.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by Transcend »

i think he thinks i slipped bc i fosed moz and now i tr him

negate that theory otherwise
NorskaBlue
NorskaBlue
Goon
NorskaBlue
Goon
Goon
Location: Jeg er ikke norsk. Hvis du spør meg noe i norsk, kan jeg ikke hjelpe deg.

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by NorskaBlue »

Ok wow, a lot of stuff has happened since I last posted.
In post 41, Keyser Söze wrote: I like the aggression here. Moz has gone for the kill and hasn't flowered it up with an over-worded explanation.
-Do you think his aggressiveness is a townread, or are you just approving of it in general? If it is a townread, do you think scum wouldn't be aggressive?

-Again, is over-worded explanations and analysis' scumtells, or do you just like how Moz is being straightforward?
In post 52, aronagrundy wrote:Well I've just wanted to get a wagon going honestly.

That said 51 is bad. Why would scum!dogwatch be resisting town!fire's wagon at this stage in the game?
Do you think any resistance to a wagon is scummy? If so, can you elaborate why?
In post 100, mozamis wrote:aorngrundy's answers seem honest.
dogwatch looks like nervous scum.
What aspect of Arona's answers makes you think they are honest?

Do you disagree with any of shadows arguments? If so, what are your reasons/counterarguments? If not, how is it opportunistic?
In post 121, aronagrundy wrote: Eh it's part because he seems experienced, part because I can see why he's focusing on dogwatch. A 180 now on my part but I can see the "inexperienced scum getting towncred" logic about dog.
So you admit to doing a 180 yourself, but are scumreading fire for his 180? Care to explain the contradiction?
In post 123, FireScreamer wrote: If someone has pointed out the logical flaws in someone's posts and you agree with it, why shouldn't you vote them?
Are you saying there will never be a situation where you agree with a scum? Do you think you should follow any reads made by those you believe to be town, or come to your own conclusions? How alignment-indicative do you think flaws in logic are, considering this game is mostly based on discussion and judgement?
In post 138, FrankJaeger wrote:
This is kinda scummy.
Can you go into any more detail? What elements of it are scummy?
In post 139, gerryoat wrote:VOTE: Transcend

he slipped
Where and how?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:48 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 43, DogWatch wrote:I'm saying if he's scum then it's NOT a noob scum tell, as evidenced by his past posts. that's just his style of posting regardless. It just initially caught my eye because Lamist in my experience often is a noob scum tell.. but I also haven't played a game in 9 years, so my readings can be outdated.
Yes, I was wondering why you were projecting your newb-scum-tell on him - if you dug up his "past games" this could explain why you didn't follow up with your suspicion with a VOTE. IN general, 'LAMIST' is null for me (I get s/read alot for people thinking my pro-town posts are me
trying-to-look-townie
).
In post 44, DogWatch wrote:Fire has three votes now with zero reasoning behind them.
Can the three of you explain?
We're getting out of the rvs stage at this point.
:lol: The game has only begun.
I think the above can be catorgorized as LAMIST :giggle:
We are in RVS.
Why did you expect those three to have deep/supporting reasons for their naked RVS votes?

In post 54, aronagrundy wrote:Exactly, which is why his defense lacks substance. If it's going to dissipate anyway, is anyone really going to give him towncred for defending your wagon?

I also never said dog was scum. I've wanted to start a wagon and felt like fucking with him
I agree here, in theory, 'scum' will more likely choose to defend a 'townie' when the wagon/scum-case has more reasoning and substance (then they reap the greater town-cred). Thinking scum would defend an empty RVS wagon on town is a bit too far-fetched for me. I'd be more concerned with players defending players at the meaty end of the game.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:59 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 74, Shadow_step wrote:It's trying to show that he's being pro town by asking a bunch of people as to why they are RVS voting Fire. Being on 3 votes is nothing. It's L-4, what's the big deal?
Have you dug up DogWatch's town/scum meta to see if he makes 'LAMIST' observations?
In post 85, Shadow_step wrote:Scum are survivalistic, town are less so. As town you're not as worried about getting lynched as you are as scum. As scum you quickly want a CW. As town you're more relaxed.
That's your personal view which you shouldn't be projecting onto others' playstyle (unless you have a vast meta profile on each player) - not all players will share your opinion.

I.e I have seen townies try to stay alive with every vestige of their desperate soul. Townies can be just as survivalist as scum.
DogWatch
DogWatch
Goon
DogWatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:01 am

Post by DogWatch »

keyser, I didn't view those fire votes as rvs. As written in the post you quoted, I said we were moving out of rvs at the time. Fire had made several posts and suddenly there were three votes on him. I thought they'd seen something I hadn't, so I asked why.

I don't really understand Rvs then I guess, never heard of it until I started looking at games on this site.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:11 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 103, Eddie Cane wrote:I don't know what kinda townie you are, but I try my ass off to not get lynched regardless of alignment. this is utter bullshit.
In post 104, Eddie Cane wrote:in fact
VOTE: shadowstep
I actually had a mild town-lean on Shadow_step's attempt to force his expectations-of-town-play down our throat [i.e stubborn town].

Why do you think only scum-Shadow_step can be playing IC?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:13 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 147, DogWatch wrote:keyser, I didn't view those fire votes as rvs. As written in the post you quoted, I said we were moving out of rvs at the time. Fire had made several posts and suddenly there were three votes on him. I thought they'd seen something I hadn't, so I asked why.

I don't really understand Rvs then I guess, never heard of it until I started looking at games on this site.
Sorry, I will need to re-read that early phase, I'm still catching up - but I did not see any real substance to their 'genuine' suspicion at the time (typical for early D1 votes).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”