Mini 1875: Pine's Death Trap Post Game - Town win!

Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by Fro99er »

RC who do you think would be MBG's partner?

I can pretty much rule out Uzi, Keyser, and Grendel
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

probably thinkbig tbh. I'm still processing at this point.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by nancy »

i really doubt rauth is fake

In post 428, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 412, Cooperative Sheep wrote:
In post 389, Rautherdir wrote:Yep. I wish more people were talking because I think gerryoat/RC is SvT or TvS. Right now I lean towards RC being town and gerryoat being scum, but I'll read over the game again just to be sure before voting.
In post 402, Vifam wrote:RC vs Gerry is such a shitfest they're probably not both scum on the same team, couldn't tell you which one is more likely to flip scum tho tbh
How come neither of you (or at least Vifam) is affected by the cop claim as far as assessing a TvS theory setup?
I would think that would tend to sharply affect your value call if you were pretty sure at least one, but not both players were scum.
That's the reason I'm reading over the game again. I don't know how to handle a claim like that, I'm trying to figure out if I should trust RC's claim or not.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

@matt - did you answer these two questions?
In post 2308, Keyser Söze wrote:Yes, I understand why you were s/reading me D2 (despite not agreeing with it).

But my concern was the discrepancy of your changed read of me.
Why were you t/leaning me D1 then?
Why didn't you jailkeep one of your two strongest t/reads (Alisae / Grendel)?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:10 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 2293, mattblackguy wrote:Keyser, End of day 1 you were a townlean for me. I didn't read over your ISO more until after Vifam said you were a strong townread. And when I said you could be scum because you didn't try to counter Gerry wagon by creating a wagon of one of your scumreads (after the Grendel wagon collapsed), it was what I was honestly thinking at the time. I can see scum motivation in saying you don't agree with a lynch on a townie, but not trying to counter it with a different wagon because you don't care if the townie gets lynched. The fact that day 1 ended in 2 days though makes all of this meaningless because I will never know if you would eventually try to start a counter wagon. This is why I didn't push you for this reason, because after I said that I understood the day was too short for this to be a substantive read. I understand why you are saying my read on you was bad, but I don't understand why you keep pushing me on that bad read.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:11 pm

see I get the mbg making the most sense thing here

but every fiber in my gut is telling me something's wrong with the gamestate.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Oh wait that was 2298 before your questions in 2308

No he didn't follow up on your questions in 2308 yet
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 2605, RadiantCowbells wrote:but every fiber in my gut is telling me something's wrong with the gamestate.
I know it's your gut, but do have an idea of what direction that's in (PR claims, MBG not having a viable partner, something else?)
Heil King Froggo.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:14 pm

query fro99er: if the inno on me hadn't existed, what would you say the more likely person to be scum of the two of them was?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:15 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Of who?

Rauth and MBG?
Heil King Froggo.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:17 pm

correct. sheer setup spec.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:25 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Probably MBG because of how Rauth reacted to your "something with Cop in it" claim from D1 and how they reacted to clearing you at the start of D2 (not wanting to out the inno)

As far as setup spec, I'd say either is possible. A backup Cop isn't seen often, because it's pretty powerful to have a cop and a backup, but it's less powerful with a scum roleblocker/jailkeeper.

But so is town cop and town jailkeeper. It's a play on Cop/doctor, but negates the Cop power if the JK targets the cop. Scum would still need its own roleblocker as it does in Cop/doc setups, or at least some power to override the protection of a cop.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:31 pm

Post by Fro99er »

I see what you're getting at though.

Cop backup Cop is really powerful because scum now have to kill them both, and if scum lose their JK early it's basically broken without a second scum power to negate the Cop ability.
Heil King Froggo.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:46 pm

I question in what universe a cop with an inno says 'barring a very good argument for lynching RC'
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:48 pm

Post by Fro99er »

And scum motion detector isn't enough to negate Cop/backup Cop/BP/JK

Scum would have to have a RB'er.

Alternatively. A scum Jailer plus a second ability that can negate a cop is enough to stop Cop/backup Cop. So if Matt is scum they are halfway there.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:48 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 2613, RadiantCowbells wrote:I question in what universe a cop with an inno says 'barring a very good argument for lynching RC'
Great point, especially because godfather isn't allowed in nornals now
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:53 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 2011, Pine wrote:
Indeed, the pansy Normal review committee has decided to make Godfathers non-Normal because it involves moderators giving inaccurate information to players. Weenies. GF used to be normal, and I consider it a fairly integral part of balancing Cops and other robust investigators.

Consider this mod-confirmation that the game qualifies as Normal, despite the thematics.
Do we remember why post he posted this.

Like who was this in response to
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:53 pm

Post by Fro99er »

*ehy Pije posted this
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:53 pm

Post by Fro99er »

FML

*Why Pine posted this
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:57 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Although the way d2 ended I really don't think Rauth bussed Jar
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:59 pm

Post by Fro99er »

Rauth could have delayed even further for Akarin to post to delay the Jar lynch, but didn't. He went ahead and voted to put Jar at L-1.

I think Occam's razor also points to town!Rauth
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:01 am

Post by Fro99er »

So really it comes down to LUV vs Matt for me, and a scum motion detector just isn't enough to negate Cop/Backup Cop/BP/JK

And scum!Uzi probably just claims VT instead of yet another investigative that is pretty weak in its ability to do much for town or scum.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:01 am

Post by Fro99er »

I really really think matt is scum.

I tried considering the alternatives. This isn't confbias
Heil King Froggo.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:02 am

I think you're writing off scum!Rauth too easily.

Not saying that there's no chance that Matt is town but I think we all need to give serious consideration to that possibility.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:05 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 400, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 398, Vifam wrote:I didn't like that post either mostly because you felt the need to tell us you were gonna vote someone in RVS, which feels like a newbscum or newbtown thing, I haven't really figured it out yet
Let me just put it this way: This is my second game. The only game I have played so far besides this game was a Newbie which Grendel was in.
This would be some awfully sick newbie gambit to fakeclaim Backup Cop

Or an even sicker gambit to pretend to be a newbie without knowing ahead of time that there would be the possibility to pull off this gambit
Heil King Froggo.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”