Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 295, MooginSoosy wrote:
In post 294, Aubrey wrote:I doubt scum will scour a wiki and a number of people's previous games in order to seem relevant. That is where my town lean stems from on Doom currently.
What if he's doing that because his last scum game went so poorly? I could be reading too much into it but it seems like he's trying very hard to be super town
You're not swaying me here.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 296, doomfeathers wrote:I voted havingfitz because I haven't seen anybody do anything that makes me actually scumread them yet. I figured that if that's the case then the person who I know is hard for me to read is more likely to be scum.

Nuts, you're right. He is on V/LA. I must have been tired last night. I'll go through the thread yet another time and see if I can find someone to vote.

@MOD: Could you prod Allomancer, please?

KidAmn, when you post a gif but don't explain the faults in anyone's reasoning, it just comes across as passive-aggressive and unhelpful. Could you maybe explain your objections?
I don't like you. Then I like you. Then you say crap and that makes me go, "
What the hell.
" Vote for someone you are getting scummy vibes from. Not someone you are scared of.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by KidAmn »

In post 299, Aubrey wrote:lol, fine Kid. Let's get on with it. Do you think I'm scum and was budding Creature as Kop suggested? If the answer is yes, bring it. If the answer is no, then move on and get over the meta crap.
I don't have any massively strong feelings on you one way or the other - if pushed I'd lean town simply because scum could be coasting through this day very happily without doing much at all at this point, and you're doing quite the opposite. I just dislike the meta comments and wanted to make that clear in a sufficiently wavy manner, as I am reliably informed the kids say these days.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

Is fitz still the person you find most suspicious? I looked back to see who you last voted for Aubrey and it's still on fitz.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Kop »

Not being able to read someone simply because they are hard to read doest make them scum.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 301, Aubrey wrote:I don't like you. Then I like you. Then you say crap and that makes me go, "
What the hell.
"
That's totally going on my wiki. :lol:

I voted hapahauli because I needed to put my vote somewhere, and he looked like the least townish option. I would vote Fredrick, but I'm still trying to determine whether sloppy disregard for the game are something scum would be more likely to do than town. Allomancer's got my vote whenever he shows up.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 298, KidAmn wrote:...referencing one's own meta as Aubrey did is one of the most glaringly useless things there is - anyone capable of brief introspection can play to or against their own "meta" given enough ability.
I agree with this.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 302, KidAmn wrote:
In post 299, Aubrey wrote:lol, fine Kid. Let's get on with it. Do you think I'm scum and was budding Creature as Kop suggested? If the answer is yes, bring it. If the answer is no, then move on and get over the meta crap.
I don't have any massively strong feelings on you one way or the other - if pushed I'd lean town simply because scum could be coasting through this day very happily without doing much at all at this point, and you're doing quite the opposite. I just dislike the meta comments and wanted to make that clear in a sufficiently wavy manner, as I am reliably informed the kids say these days.
Cool. We understood your distaste for meta the first time. It will get old very quickly if you complain every single time someone uses meta though. Furthermore there is a correct way to use meta and a wrong way to use meta. That is a conversation for another time though, but long story short; one should use meta to guide oneself into watching someone, but not use it in a absolute manner what-so-ever.

Now Let me talk to you a little bit about my post, a post you called basically called a waste of time. 1. That post really wasn't a defense post against Kop's claim intended for you all to get some meaning out of exactly. It was directed at Kop, and Kop alone. 2. Kop and I just ended a game last week, in which I won as scum, while Kop was put into a Kingmaker decision at LYLO between myself and a good ol boy named Hawk. There was no clear answer in the finale, so Kop basically analyzed our plays pretty damn painfully. He probably knows my scum play better than anybody else right now (especially in this game), only for him to accuse me of something I didn't, nor do I really ever do, as scum? Naturally that is going to set off a warning alarm in my head, and Kop should know that based on my
waste
of a comment. <-- That was the intention behind that post. Kop is still pinging the shit outa me, but I can't articulate a strong case against him. That is due in part by meta probably, but I have yet to decide if he is a strong scum candidate. <-- remember me saying Meta should be used as a guide and not a absolute? For example, I don't remember him utilizing these short bursts of assaults at all. In fact, it comes across as if he is just shooting randomly to see if a fire will start somewhere. Again, it feels as if someone is scooping out a place to land their vote once a wagon is generated.

Now, please stop wasting my time complaining about meta in general (unless it has a valid point) and please start pushing ppl and locating scum as I'm attempting to do so.

--

Pre edit: Doom, shut it. :] Unless of course you want to actually follow up on Kop's accusation against me.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 303, MooginSoosy wrote:Is fitz still the person you find most suspicious? I looked back to see who you last voted for Aubrey and it's still on fitz.
Most suspect? No. I don't know if I really have a
most
suspect right now. There are people I kinda don't like, and then there are people I kinda like. Then there are people I'm waiting to decide if I like. I don't have a reason to town read him right now either.

For instance I don't know if I like you or not.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 307, Aubrey wrote:Kop is still pinging the shit outa me, but I can't articulate a strong case against him.
I agree with that, but to a lesser extent. If someone else is also noticing it, that means it's not my imagination.
Pre edit: Doom, shut it. :] Unless of course you want to actually follow up on Kop's accusation against me.
Too late. I've already had my say.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

Hang on, I think I've got a case.

VOTE: Kop

His posting tone seems bored and rather uncaring, which clashes strongly with his activity and content. I think he's scum trying to look town.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 305, doomfeathers wrote:Allomancer's got my vote whenever he shows up.
:-/

again.

I like your enthusiasm, but my god I hate your voting methods so far.
In post 309, doomfeathers wrote: Too late. I've already had my say.
:cry: Meanie head.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

Allomancer's waiting until as late as possible to post. I've seen scum use that strategy.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by KidAmn »

I mean, they haven't posted
at all
so I'd hesitate to put any kind of motive behind a lack of action just yet.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

Fine. I'll read what Allomancer posts when he posts before I decide to vote him. I probably still will, though, especially if I don't have a decent wagon at the moment.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 310, doomfeathers wrote:Hang on, I think I've got a case.

VOTE: Kop

His posting tone seems bored and rather uncaring, which clashes strongly with his activity and content. I think he's scum trying to look town.
I think you're getting it confused with dry posting to be honest. His posts usually lacks strong emotion in them. <--- where meta is also useful. :]
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

[boop]

VOTE: Fredrick

because I think he's lazy scum.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by outoforder »

Creature is probably toen too. And someone..umm yes, it was Kop. But now i am confused since two of my top scumreads call him possibly mafia. I fidnt have much time today, i'll reassess that first thing tomorrow.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by hapahauli »

V/LA until Monday (2/20)

Something came up, won't be around the thread for atleast 48 hours.
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 312, doomfeathers wrote:Allomancer's waiting until as late as possible to post. I've seen scum use that strategy.
Isn't allomancer being prodded and will probably be replaced?
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 317, outoforder wrote:Creature is probably toen too. And someone..umm yes, it was Kop. But now i am confused since two of my top scumreads call him possibly mafia. I fidnt have much time today, i'll reassess that first thing tomorrow.
Well, that was sudden. I thought you townread me.
In post 319, MooginSoosy wrote:
In post 312, doomfeathers wrote:Allomancer's waiting until as late as possible to post. I've seen scum use that strategy.
Isn't allomancer being prodded and will probably be replaced?
My bad. You're right.

@Mod: Sorry, missed the prod. You're doing great.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by outoforder »

rofl, i meant townreads :)
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Fredrick E Campbell »

In post 234, doomfeathers wrote:Yeah, to some extent. This is only Fredrick's fourth game, and he doesn't appear to post much.
I'm actually kind of busy now. It's my dad's birthday, so planning a surprise for him. Anyways, I'll be back by tomorrow.
I AM BACK
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

I meant in general, not specifically this game.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:46 am

Post by Kop »

In post 307, Aubrey wrote:
In post 302, KidAmn wrote:
Cool. We understood your distaste for meta the first time. It will get old very quickly if you complain every single time someone uses meta though. Furthermore there is a correct way to use meta and a wrong way to use meta. That is a conversation for another time though, but long story short; one should use meta to guide oneself into watching someone, but not use it in a absolute manner what-so-ever.

Now Let me talk to you a little bit about my post, a post you called basically called a waste of time. 1. That post really wasn't a defense post against Kop's claim intended for you all to get some meaning out of exactly. It was directed at Kop, and Kop alone. 2. Kop and I just ended a game last week, in which I won as scum, while Kop was put into a Kingmaker decision at LYLO between myself and a good ol boy named Hawk. There was no clear answer in the finale, so Kop basically analyzed our plays pretty damn painfully. He probably knows my scum play better than anybody else right now (especially in this game), only for him to accuse me of something I didn't, nor do I really ever do, as scum? Naturally that is going to set off a warning alarm in my head, and Kop should know that based on my
waste
of a comment. <-- That was the intention behind that post. Kop is still pinging the shit outa me, but I can't articulate a strong case against him. That is due in part by meta probably, but I have yet to decide if he is a strong scum candidate. <-- remember me saying Meta should be used as a guide and not a absolute? For example, I don't remember him utilizing these short bursts of assaults at all. In fact, it comes across as if he is just shooting randomly to see if a fire will start somewhere. Again, it feels as if someone is scooping out a place to land their vote once a wagon is generated.

Now, please stop wasting my time complaining about meta in general (unless it has a valid point) and please start pushing ppl and locating scum as I'm attempting to do so.

--

That comment about buddying was meant in jest, from our little back and forth, I'm reading you as town, because your posts seem a bit more thought out and there is more frustration behind your words. In the game we just finished, you seemed more composed as scum.
You'll Never Walk Alone!

Return to “Completed Open Games”