doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:26 am

Post by doomfeathers »

UNVOTE: Creature

Now I don't have any scumreads. :( Well, at least outoforder gets company.

All townies are 1-shot PGOs. Worst-case scenario is dying without ever arming. Since one scummie is worth about three townies, do we at some point want to all roll d3s to see whether to arm that night? We could force scum to choose between risking death and no-killing three nights in a row.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by Creature »

Even if we decide to all arm at the same night to prevent scum from killing, it's still scumsided. So better arm when you feel like.
Sigh
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 92, KidAmn wrote:
In post 87, hapahauli wrote:
In post 84, KidAmn wrote:
hapahauli wrote:Not reading properly =/= mafia.

Reading something as a "clusterfuck", criticizing it as confusing/pointless, and then engaging in said clusterfuck is likely mafia. The story is inconsistent. Posting for the sake of posting, etc.
Literally my only comment on that interaction was to say it was a clusterfuck and should not continue (and yes, for some reason I mixed Creature in there because I had been quoting him above to snark at his early posting, and because Rels literally hasn't posted this game, so apologies to Creature). I then moved on to a completely separate point about Ooo's refusal to give his own opinions until people have played his little mini-game.
I don't understand how that's separate. OoO's "mini-game" has everything to do with the fact that him, Rels, and I have played on other websites.
I think either you're not understanding or I'm not getting it across properly: the issue isn't the existence of the mini-game, it's that Ooo refused to clue anyone else in until it was "done with" or engage the people trying to get answers out of him.
Rels wrote:
In post 86, KidAmn wrote:
In post 85, Rels wrote:
In post 16, outoforder wrote:Hey Rels, when you're around, let me know what you think of the MooginSoosy post.
I don't get if it's a joke or not. It doesn't make sense if it's serious
Any other comments to make? Anything at all to say about the last 4 pages?
Where do you stand on OOO now ?
Given how determined he was/is to shit on me and dismiss anything I've said as "oh he's just stupid he isn't reading he doesn't know anything" I'm pretty happy with my vote.
Well I agree with him on that. I don't know if it makes you town like he does, but you definitely missed his point. It's normal OOO doesn't want to give his explanation as long as I haven't given mine - he wants to see if I thought the same thing he did.
TL Mafia is best mafia
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 99, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 91, Rels wrote:doomfeathers how good is your scumgame ?
I've been scum one game and was lynched N1. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=68559
TY. Seems like you're town then
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 101, Creature wrote:Even if we decide to all arm at the same night to prevent scum from killing, it's still scumsided. So better arm when you feel like.
So are you gonna start posting relevent stuff at some point ?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by Creature »

When I get a couple of decent townreads I will.
Sigh
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Rels »

Cause your filter, ISO, whatever you're calling that here, is awful.
The "I don't like this guy but I won't explain why 'cause it's just an impression but actually it wasn't very serious". Weird way to start the game.
The "LOOK IM PARTICIPATING" comment that you're making on the setup / way to play. While you don't have posts that matter yet. It looks like scum trying to appear being active. "RVS shouldn't be stopped!" "We shoudln't all arm the same night!"
Then the rest of your posts are useless but I don't care about that, townies can make useless posts. I really don't like these two points though
TL Mafia is best mafia
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 105, Creature wrote:When I get a couple of decent townreads I will.
Why ? You can't find scum without having a town circle first ?
TL Mafia is best mafia
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Creature »

I find scum knowing where town is.
Sigh
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 71, hapahauli wrote:
In post 66, outoforder wrote:
In post 64, doomfeathers wrote:
outoforder wrote:doomfeathers does anything else stick out to you other than me atm?
If hapahauli thought you were scum, and knew you don't respond to pressure as scum, why would he pressure you? By your logic, you should be scumreading him.
Right. I also have 14 irl days to make a decision. Right now (as per my last post) his explanation is not satisfying at all.
What more of an explanation is there? I looked at the thread, saw a few votes on you, and thought "lel imma gonna vote him."
That's not the impression I got from your post:
In post 22, hapahauli wrote:
In post 16, outoforder wrote:Hey Rels, when you're around, let me know what you think of the MooginSoosy post.
Why aren't you asking me about it?

VOTE: outoforder
That looks way more like pressure than "lol I'll join this wagon"
TL Mafia is best mafia
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 108, Creature wrote:I find scum knowing where town is.
TBF you also look pretty bad there: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... B%5D=27374
LOL this makes me think of your "MM WE SHOULD NOT ALL ARM THE SAME NIGHT" post though:
In post 43, Creature wrote:Funny, because as scum I try to look active but I end up lurking. As town it's like the opposite.
How the fuck can I find a scumgame of yours easily. This forum is hard to use
TL Mafia is best mafia
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Creature »

I have a wiki, you know, it's in the bottom left of my post right next to PM.
Sigh
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 111, Creature wrote:I have a wiki, you know, it's in the bottom left of my post right next to PM.
Well that is a pretty cool feature
TL Mafia is best mafia
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 100, doomfeathers wrote:UNVOTE: Creature

All townies are 1-shot PGOs. Worst-case scenario is dying without ever arming. Since one scummie is worth about three townies, do we at some point want to all roll d3s to see whether to arm that night? We could force scum to choose between risking death and no-killing three nights in a row.
Something about this doesn't feel right. Why are you talking about the night phase so early and what we should do there? We aren't even close to finding someone to lynch.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by KidAmn »

In post 100, doomfeathers wrote:UNVOTE: Creature

All townies are 1-shot PGOs. Worst-case scenario is dying without ever arming.
Since one scummie is worth about three townies, do we at some point want to all roll d3s to see whether to arm that night?
We could force scum to choose between risking death and no-killing three nights in a row.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by havingfitz »

UNVOTE:
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

@KidAmn: The theory would be that killing a townie would be worth approximately a 1/3 chance of losing a scum member. This would give up our power, but effectively neutralize the nightkill by evening chances of gaining the advantage. And since scum win more often than town, even chances are in our favor.

If we can break the game, let's do it. I'm asking whether using it in concert would be worth it strategically; I take it from your GIF that you do not think it would be. I figured that predicting the scum kill is very difficult; besides, I know when I get a one-time use power in a game, I usually wind up not using it at all, simply because I keep thinking I'll need it worse later. We'd probably want to wait until a few days in to narrow down the number of possible lynchees, though.

@MS: I had this idea before starting the game. I wanted to bring it up decently early so I wouldn't forget. Besides, there wasn't really any conversation going on at the moment, so I saw no reason not to discuss manipulating mechanics.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Okay. I've re-read with my full attention. Still think people are freaking out over some things that don't matter. OOO's lil shindig with Reels is kinda silly, but whatever. I don't see scum motive behind it, nor the need to freak out over it, thus I don't agree with KidAmn's issues with him. Seems to stem more from frustration to me, even though he said it didn't. On the flip side, I can see where Kid is coming from in thinking that everything between OOO, Reels, and I presume hapahauli is seeming unproductive in a way. If you can explain to me the scum motivation behind what OOO did with Reels, I'd be all ears.

I flip flop in trying to place Hapahauli. I liked he was pushing KidAmn, and questioning why people townread him, but I wasn't exactly swayed by his reasons for scumreading KidAmn either. I think that is why I was having those pings earlier at a glance.

--

Havingfitz still pings me though. He seemed to be poking things with a stick just to poke things with a stick in my opinion. aka, trying to seem proactive by asking questions that don't exactly amount to much. I Kiiiiinda had a similar feeling towards Doom in the beginning, but much less so.

I don't understand Reels odd interest in Doom's scum ability. Nor do I care for his push on Creature.

UNVOTE: KOP
VOTE: HavingFitz

--

Btw...
In post 15, Kop wrote:VOTE: Aubrey

You burnt me once, you shall not do that again.
I love the fact you are so sure I won't be able to burn you again. Did you role scum and know I can't burn you this time? :P
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:53 pm

Post by outoforder »

Alrighty.

So the first meaningful post i made this game was this post:
In post 11, outoforder wrote:I've always wondered why people actually pick the people they do vote at the start of the game. I don't actually believe anyone ever goes to random.org or rolls a dice or something like that.
I often write posts where my intention is to challenge people to read between the lines and think about why people say what they do rather than what do they say, because i find that important. In this post i was trying to heavily imply that i don't believe RVS is the best way to start the game, nor will i participate. If that is the conclusion one gets from my post, they should automatically assume that they literally gather nothing from voting for me, since (truthfully) i will not feel pressured even if i was mafia, i won't give away my alignment if i am mafia because of some random nonsense votes on me. I obviously understand this is not something like "if you vote for me after that you're scum", not at all, but it STILL gives me information about how people read posts and what do they focus on when reading. In other words, i know what to expect from them in future.

Therefore when MooginSoosy votes for me my initial impression is "wow, she definitely did not think about what she just read at all". Obviously she was joking, that's a no-brainer for anyone with any brain, but her post has literally no way of achieving anything at all. Especially when she doesn't know me, and how i play. What if i am a super newbie townie who gets scared of votes on me? What if i get angry because of dumb votes on me? Like even if you "randomly" vote for someone the vote might provoke a "wrong" reaction and a lot of early game reads for you guys who play here - i think - still come from the reactions to the votes, correct?

So what i do conclude, regarding MooginSoosy (and to havingfitz too), is that if they are town they are probably going to be a pain in the ass to convince of anything i think is true because they will not be getting what i am saying. Or they are mafia, who just like to make people possibly annoyed so they can call them out for that later on. Or for some reason they think it's funny to just fuck around and not pay attention to why people write what they do. Now i didn't expect Rels to 100% pick this up, but IF he does pick this up, he is most likely going to be town in this game since his scumgame (while being quite good), lacks "going into depths of posts", and it's impossible to emulate a townie trait like that as mafia since you are playing from a completely different mindset. That's why i painted actually a possibly very telling question into something that looks like very casual. The reason i directed the question to Rels specifically is because he is the ONLY person in the game whose answer, whatever the answer is, might actually tell me something about his alignment. He thinks very alike me when he is town so there is like no way anyone else would have picked up on that. Also based on the above, and knowing Rels
could assume
(if mafia), that i will need a specific answer from him it boilds down to this:
1) If Rels has put his head 110% into the game and sees what i just explained, i can safely conclude that he is town
2) If Rels makes up some bullshit "this post probably means that", he is probably scum
3) If Rels gives the not-so-in-depth answer of "she was just probably joking", i don't learn anything about his alignment. Which is what happened.

----

Now next thing up is KidAm. I honestly believed that writing this:
Answering to that right now would totally make my question to Rels useless now would it?
..to Kop would actually make you people realize i will give you an explanation when i have heard Rels' answer, and then, if someone has something they wanna say about it they do follow up. I didn't think people would actually think like a lot of people apparently do in this game. If i ask someone "What do you think of X", what's the point of telling them (or everyone) what i expect to be a townie answer and/or what do i expect to be a scummy answer? That's just straight up dumb because imagine i am actually poking a mafia and say "Hey, tell me what do you think of X? If you are town you will say Y and if mafia, you'll say Z". What's the point of giving the answers you (will) find townie before the other dude has answered?!?! :) I never ever backpedalled from anything, nor did i invent any mini-game, other people did that. I have NEVER said "don't ever talk about this" - the only thing i constantly told doomsfeather is that i wanna hear from Rels first and then he can make a decision if i make sense or not. I wasn't refusing to give answers, i was saying i will delay my answer for the reason in the quote above. Somehow this KidAm dude cannot process that. Instead he makes conclusions from my posts, conclusions that make absolutely no sense since i never did anything even close to what he is telling i did. I kinda hate that, just like i hate many people yelling "OMGUS" when someone votes for a person who made a terribly scummy case on them and explains why the case is scummy. Sometimes it feels like some people think "whenever two people vote for each other the second vote is OMGUS by definition" which is horribly wrong, just as wrong as saying i somehow backpedalled from something since i never did such a thing.

Anyways i believe he is town. I fully understand people don't necessarily share the sentiment, and definitely don't share my reasoning (since you don't know if i am town or not). If KidAm was mafia he would have to know i am town - therefore he would also have to know i am telling the truth about what i am saying. Therefore he would know his "backpedalling" argument doesn't make any sense. I don't believe he would argue so strongly for it as mafia -- especially since it has been pointed out by three different people that he is wrong. It seems like he just actually believes in his argument and for some reason cannot understand the posts i (and apparently other people aswell?) write.

-----

I also have a town lean on Aubrey, for his psot #117 and the comment + vote on Havingfitz, since i share the same thought about his play. Town lean on doomsfeather, for being actually level-headed (i know this is not necessarly always a town trait), because in the argument we were in, it would have been easy for him to just push it forward as mafia since the thread sentiment was following the thought he was originally pushing. It would have been like a win-win scenario, noone is gonna call you out on it and at worst you just waste town's time on talking about something dumb. I also think Rels has made a couple of smart posts, regarding hapahauli in #109 and pushing Creature to play. It doesn't really seem like he is hard-reading him scum.

Basically everyone else is a complete non-entity. Except for Havingfitz who i have a slight scumlean on for reasons Aubrey outlined, and Hapahauli who i honestly think is mafia.

-----

Here is the reasoning. I already talked about this here:
This is what i believe to be a fact. You don't tend to participate in RVS / pressure vote shennies at D1 start, especailly towards a player you MUST know to not respond to being "pressured" by giving away his alignment as mafia. I mean like if i was scum i couldn't care less that there are people voting for me over absolutely nothing. You know that aswell so the only conclusions i can come to are that either (1) you actually think i am mafia, or (2) you are mafia.

So why do you think i am mafia? You really couldn't think i could possibly have - at this point of the game - a specific question to a specific player that i would not feel the need to ask you aswell, just because i have played with both of you before? In case there is option (3) aswell, feel free to tell me what that is.
I never did get any answer other than "just for the lulz". I don't believe hapahauli votes (especially votes for ME) just for the lulz. If he is town it's just unproductive and he knows that. I literally just don't believe his explanation, because it doesn't make any sense, and for a highly rational player - who is actually very good as town in this game - it indicates mafia. Furthermore the explanation does not line up with what he was posting earlier.

Another thing is his KidAm read. Now look at this post:
In post 97, hapahauli wrote: [...]
That being said...
2nd is simply untrue again - as I explained before, the issue wasn't the conversation itself, but the refusal to discuss further with anyone else until the conversation happened, and the issue of backpedalling was that Ooo told DF to back off, then went back in #53 and tried to explain how he wasn't really telling him to back off
This makes sense.

UNVOTE:
Okay so, hapahauli retracts from his scumread on KidAm. I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong in it. The problem lays in what he
leaves unsaid.
Now if hapahauli thinks KidAm is making sense he also MUST think that:
1) my refusal to discuss further with anyone else until the conversation happened is scummy / doesn't logically make sense
2) i backpedalled from something

If those two things are not true, there is no reason for hapahauli to retract from his KidAm scumread. Furthermore, if those things ARE true (in his mind), that should also ALWAYS make me mafia in his mind (because yes - if things KidAm lays out here are true, i am 100% mafia - and hapahauli very well knows that).
It doesn't make any sense for him to back off from a scumread in that manner and not follow it up with a vote on me, since logically he should consider me mafia if he is not lying about the "this makes sense" -part.

VOTE: Hapahauli
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:00 am

Post by outoforder »

Oh doomsfeather, i don't believe discussing arm-up strategy will achieve anything because it's all wifom in the first place. You can't break the setup here since it would require giving away information publically (about arming), and in this case giving away information helps noone other than scum.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:01 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 101, Creature wrote:Even if we decide to all arm at the same night to prevent scum from killing, it's still scumsided. So better arm when you feel like.
basically this is 100% correct.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:03 am

Post by outoforder »

Aubrey could you clarify a bit what you mean here.
You said:
I flip flop in trying to place Hapahauli.
I liked he was pushing KidAmn, and questioning why people townread him
but I wasn't exactly swayed by his reasons for scumreading KidAmn either.
I think that is why I was having those pings earlier at a glance.
I don't understand how the green and red part fit together. Like if the "i liked he was pushing KidAm" part exists, how can "I wasn't exactly swayed by his reasons either" exist. For me it looks like it should be either one or another?
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:05 am

Post by outoforder »

shit i accidently clicked post.

What i mean is i understand the flip-flop since it makes sense as you said you are flip-flopping on him, what i don't understand is if you point this out, what's the point if you can't come to a conclusion?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:07 am

Post by Aubrey »

I mentioned not likening him at a glance, and after a deeper re-read I'm kinda like "Eh" with him.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:14 am

Post by hapahauli »

@ OoO

Regarding my "RVS" vote:
I absolutely would vote "for the lulz" for you. This is not TL - there are different expectations for voting, especially early on. Dropping a random vote is something I've seen so often here, that it feels natural to do so. You're right that there's no way I'd do it on TL as either alignment.

Regarding "the makes sense" comment:
I'm saying that KidAmn's story makes sense, and therefore I have no reason to continue voting him. His explanation for how he is tunneling you for separate reasons makes sense - not necessarily his read on you itself. A lot of cases I make on mafia are based on thought-process - whether the story someone is telling is inconsistent or contradictory. So here, I'm dealing entirely with KidAmn's thought process (which he showed wasn't contradictory). That has very little to do with the validity of his scumread on you. You're not a player I can generally read until later in the game anyway.
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.

Return to “Completed Open Games”