Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Jester »

Sorry about that. Merry Christmas or &holiday of choice, everyone. :)

And /confirm
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Jester »

Hrm. I'd vote Flameaxe because I have an absolute horror of Ramen (it's all I could afford to eat through much of college, and I can't even stand to look at it today), but I'm not gonna be the second vote on him.

So I'm gonna
vote somestrangeflea
for depriving me of the pleasure of voting against Ramen. :x
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:01 am

Post by Jester »

unvote
vote Nocmen

I'm getting a weird vibe off him, and I don't feel comfortable with an L-1 situation on ssf going into a holiday.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Jester »

Incognito wrote:For the record, I don't think an L-1 this early in this particular game is really that bad. If someone quick-hammered, the hammerer could basically be taken out through the revenge kill (if the person who was quick-lynched also happened to be a drug trafficker). Do you not agree, Jester?
In theory, yes. But I'm not taking any chances. This is one game variation where watching conversation patterns and voting patterns are going to be essential to the town's survival. That takes time, and I don't want a clever scum experimenting with a quick-lynch approach to this game.

I'd recommend anyone who hasn't already check out the wiki page for this variant:
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... eful_Mafia
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Jester »

Flameaxe picked up a prod in other game that I share with him, so I know he's awake. No doubt, he'll rejoin us shortly.
mod
, how about a prod on somestrangeflea as well? He hasn't posted here in almost 10 days, and he's highly active in his other games.

I personally am still getting a weird vibe off Nocmen... nothing I can explain. Maybe it's the word "weirdlyish". More likely, it's the fact that he has six posts in this thread and all of them aggressively say nothing at all. Nocmen, I think if I'm lynched, I'm gonna pick you as my vig target.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Jester »

somestrangeflea wrote:
Jester wrote:I'd vote Flameaxe because I have an absolute horror of Ramen (it's all I could afford to eat through much of college, and I can't even stand to look at it today),
but I'm not gonna be the second vote on him.
Question: Why?
Because there's only five people in this game. We're essentially at LyLo already. If a scum votes first on someone and a townie votes second, if the scum can convince a townie to put that third vote down, three things happen:
1) we lose the targeted townie;
2) the targeted townie will probably vig the townie third voter; and,
3) town loses.

During a holiday period, I wasn't willing to take that risk. It would have been way too easy for motivated scum to quickly end the game with two votes on someone during that time.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Jester »

Nocmen wrote:For all players: If you were lynched right now, who would you vig and why?
You, I think. Because your play style is off, and I can't figure out why. Part of it is how little content your posts have. Part of it is that you didn't really react when I told you this the first time. I'm really starting to think you're one of the bad guys. The fact that you deliberately provoked Flameaxe and Incognito while they were getting into it with each other didn't help.

Still, I might look at the circumstances of the situation if it were to come up.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Jester »

Incognito wrote:Both Flameaxe and I are both at L-1.
True, but only one vote on each of you (each other's) seems serious. somestrangeflea's vote was his first post, and Nocmen's stated reason for voting for you is that your name is "weirdlyish".

It
is
interesting that you want to hear somestrangeflea's point of view, though! He's the other vote on Flameaxe right now. Suppose he takes Flameaxe's side, switches his vote, and finishes you off? You've strongly implied that you're going to use your vig on Flameaxe, so you're giving somestrangeflea a free pass to hammer you. It's a risky tactic on your part. It therefore either speaks to your townishness or your cunning as a scum.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Jester »

After giving it some thought, I'm inclined to go with Incognito this time. ssf, you haven't given a reason why you're certain one or the other is scum. Do you think they're distancing?

And what they were doing struck me as "getting into it" rather than something more harsh because I've seen very much harsher exchanges on this site. A little sarcasm and someone calling someone else a "retard", to me, doesn't comprise much beyond "getting into it." But sure, I'll bite. Flameaxe, you say that the two of you were "WAY past" this point in your 68. Of your posts leading up to 68, which one were you most angry when you wrote it? 54?
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:36 am

Post by Jester »

somestrangeflea wrote:Take the scenario of two players attacking each other fiercely. When you take into consideration the fact that the first townie to get lynched gets a vig, I do not believe that two townies are likely to fight tooth and nail to get each other lynched, simply out of fear of getting vigged and losing the game if they're wrong.
::nods:: That makes a certain amount of sense, I think. Of course, people can talk (or threaten) about who they might vig, but you never know for sure until they actually do it.
Incognito wrote:Actually, that might be a good idea to ask everyone. Can everyone please answer the question above?
I'm still pretty sure at this point that Nocmen is scum. Who the other is, I have no idea. I notice that you didn't answer your own question. Still think FlameAxe is scum? If so, who do you think his partner is?
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Jester »

Mod
, my vote was moved to Nocmen, unless I did it wrong.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Jester »

Incognito, you've now voted for everyone except me. You went out of your way to say that your first vote, on somestrangeflea, was not random. Care to talk about why it wasn't random?

somestrangeflea, please remove your vote on Incognito. You've got him sitting on L-1, which you definitely should not be doing if you feel your vote is weak. At the moment, the only people not voting on Incognito are Nocmen and myself, and Nocmen's vote can easily move to Incognito since he's already voted for Incognito once. You therefore have Incognito in a very dangerous position. If Incognito gets lynched and turns out to be a townie? Yeah, your fault.

Nocmen, your unvote in your 69 begins to look a little bad. If you take this opportunity to lynch Incognito, I seriously think he should use his vig on you (assuming he has one). I strongly urge you to keep your vote on nobody for the moment. It's too early in the day for a lynch.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Jester »

Nocmen wrote:I am definitely keeping my vote where it is for now. Really I'm stuck in a circle with this game. Though, I love how you comment about how Incog shouldn't be at L-1, and yet if your vote really is on me as you claim, that would put me also at L-1.
I invite you (and the
mod
, for that matter) to look at my post 21. I was and am the first vote on you.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by Jester »

Where the hell is Flameaxe in all of this?
Nocmen wrote:I want to hear from Jester regarding his focus on certain points a few posts up.
And I'm not sure I understand this? What are you asking for?
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:46 am

Post by Jester »

If it wasn't obvious what I was looking for,
mod
, how about a Flameaxe prod? He's quite active elsewhere on the site. As a matter of fact, and at the risk of being accused of meta-gaming, he's made more than 200 posts to this site since his last "contribution" to this game.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Jester »

Incognito wrote:P.S. You still haven't responded to the post I wrote about you a few posts up. That's what
I'm
personally waiting for (in addition to more feedback from the Flameaxe).
You also haven't said what you meant by your question for me in your 100, Nocmen.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Jester »

Nocmen wrote:
Nocmen, Post 94 wrote: Though, I love how you comment about how Incog shouldn't be at L-1, and yet if your vote really is on me as you claim, that would put me also at L-1.
Nocmen, look at my 96. I answered this already. I was the first vote on you. Incognito put you at L-1. That said, I didn't feel it was appropriate for an
unsupported
, or a weak vote to put someone at L-1.

mod
, consider me on V/LA from this game until such time as Flameaxe posts. Either prod him (a
lot
) or replace him.
We've been asking for prods on this guy for a week now.
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:36 am

Post by Jester »

Flameaxe wrote:When I get around to it, I'll do a re-read. I'm short on time right now, sorry.
This is such an incredible lie. Would you like to explain how you had the time to post more than 200 times on this forum in the last week, yet post zero times in this game?

Major
FOS: Flameaxe
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Jester »

Damn it. Incognito, that was unbelievably stupid. If you'd cooled your jets for 24 hours, we probably could have lynched Flameaxe instead of you vigging him. I don't think I've ever seen a clearer demonstration of why self-voting is anti-town, and why rushing only helps scum.

And Nocmen, it only took you 36 minutes to hammer Incognito, and you didn't even
attempt
to cool down the situation, nor did you try to justify your vote, nor did you even remember that you'd already unvoted. And you'd been acting weird before yesterday. Your previous unvote on Incognito now looks pretty clearly like you wanting to hold your vote so you could use it to hammer someone. Tell me: why did you hammer Incognito?
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Jester »

somestrangeflea wrote:Which reminds me, Jester, hi. How are you?
I'm annoyed, thanks. I really wish Incognito hadn't played his hand that way. Guess I'll wait to post game to listen to his reasoning.

Question for you: if you were going to vote for Flameaxe, why didn't you do it on Wednesday/Thursday when the game was quite active?
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:06 am

Post by Jester »

OK, ssf, looks like you've lied three times here.

First lie:
somestrangeflea, in 149, wrote:As much as it is useless now,
I was planning on voting for Flameaxe
versus:
somestrangeflea, in 99, wrote:Flameaxe has been fairly quiet after his encounter with Incognito. He could be scum flying under the radar. I see no real reason for him not to be posting content, he's plenty active. He asked for a votecount only 2 days ago. I'm suspcious,
but that's not who I'm going to vote for.
Second lie:
somestrangeflea wrote:Why is it that important things keep happening when I'm unable to post?!
versus: You posted on MS twice on Sunday, both before and after Incognito was lynched.

Third lie:
somestrangeflea wrote:Thursday/Friday in my timezone, I was either drunk or preparing to get drunk.
and
somestrangeflea wrote:As much as it is useless now, I was planning on voting for Flameaxe once he said words,
versus: You posted on MS four times on Thursday afternoon after Flameaxe had spoke, and again Saturday morning. Either would have been an ideal time to get your opinion and your vote in.

Scum don't seriously vote for their partners when there's a chance their partner will get lynched. They threaten to, and claim they were going to, but never do. So, I've got one serious lie, two more minor but still telling lies, and your voting patterns, all telling me that you're Flameaxe's partner.

What say you?
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Jester »

::nods:: Just curious.
somestrangeflea wrote:And if you are scum, well... you probably deserve the win anyway.
Right back at you.
vote: Nocmen
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #22) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Jester »

Incognito wrote:Only scum could know with absolute certainty that by hammering me I would also have my vig-kill to use to take out another player (in this case Flameaxe). In the above, he only states that he wasn't sure if
Flameaxe
was town but mentions nothing about his feelings about me.
This is exactly why I voted for Nocmen. ;) And of course, I'd been getting a weird vibe off Nocmen from about his third post. Nocmen, when playing scum, you kinda have to forget that you're playing scum, and play as if you're a townie.

Everything else in my day two play, I have to admit, was done for my own benefit for future games: I wanted to see how SSF would react to being called a liar when he was innocent.

That said, I really wish you
had
cooled your jets for 24 hours. When I read the final exchange between you and Flameaxe Monday morning, I thought to myself, "Holy crap, Flameaxe is the Godfather!" as I read, then kept reading to find you'd vigged him. I would have happily joined you in a lynch. Oh well, same result, and I learned some interesting things. ;)
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Jester »

P.S. Oh, and sorry if I scared you, SSF. I really
was
just curious how you'd react to being called a liar. ;) Good game on your part!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”