Mini 545 - The Final Stand Mafia - Dramatic Finish!

Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by Trebis »

/confirm
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:29 am

Post by Trebis »

Vote: OhGodMyLife
because OhMyGodYouSuck
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:34 am

Post by Trebis »

I don't think I want to random vote this time. I actually think Tarhalindur could be onto something.

Vote: Khelvaster
I wouldn't try to deduce much from this. I've played with Khelvaster before, and he has a tendency to do things like that.
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:54 pm

Post by Trebis »

Mizzy wrote:You gotta admit, a wagon now is a bit...well...fast?
It is a wagon, but not a very strong one. It still takes 7 to lynch. Also, sometimes people will create a weak wagon just to get conversation started.

Also: Someone's going to say this is a scummy question to ask, but are we supposed to know how many mafia there are? What about other roles? By not mentioning them should I assume they don't exist, or is it just a mystery?
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by Trebis »

I don't see the rolefishing either. Explain please.
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Trebis »

Mizzy wrote:Unvote since random votes don't seem to be doing much now.
Subtle attempt at looking more pro-town? No way to prove it one way or the other, but I'm just throwing that out there.
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Trebis »

I seriously doubt the scum would try to get a claim out of a townie THIS early in the game.
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by Trebis »

Glork wrote:Unvote, Vote: Trebis

You should claim. Immediately.
Maybe I'm not understanding something, but I don't see why that's necessary at all.
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Trebis »

Glork wrote:It's probably because he doesn't want to lynch his scumbuddy Trebis.
You must be confused about something. Khelvaster had his vote on Shaka before he unvoted.
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Trebis »

Whoops. I read the quote at the top and assumed the question at the bottom was for Khelvaster. My bad.
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Trebis »

I'm gonna agree too with Mizzy. This whole encounter between Khelvaster and Retro Ducts just confused me and turned me off to the game more than anything. I don't know what it was about it, but I had a hard time following everyones arguments without my eyes glazing over.

All-in-all right now I feel like it's a case of two townies arguing with eachother, which is never a good precedent to set in a game. I've seen too many games where Day 1 gets stuck between two townies duking it out, and at the end of the day the only logical conclusion is to lynch one of the two of them. And of course in the end, you learn they're both town.
Glork wrote:Still happy with my Trebis-vote.
I had assumed it was still mostly random, but if you're happy with it, care to explain why exactly?

Also,
Unvote
whoever I was voting for.
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Trebis »

For some reason I haven't been able to get myself interested in this game. Also with school just starting I'm not sure how much I will be able to contribute, so instead of being
that guy,
I'm going to go ahead and ask to be replaced while the game is still young.

MOD: Please replace me.

Good luck everyone!
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Trebis »

I will respond later tonight. Stay tuned.
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Trebis »

RetroDucts wrote: Here are the posts I noted from Trebis:
Trebis, post 24 (fixed quote tag) wrote:
RetroDucts wrote:I don't think I want to random vote this time. I actually think Tarhalindur could be onto something.

Vote: Khelvaster
I wouldn't try to deduce much from this. I've played with Khelvaster before, and he has a tendency to do things like that.
This seemed unnecessary and an almost too eager, unprompted defence. When the post was made, I felt it was too early to make anything of it.
So I shouldn't even try to make reasonable assumptions this early in the game? Then tell me, when exactly am I allowed to start making analysis?
RetroDucts wrote:
Trebis, post 51 wrote:
Mizzy wrote:Unvote since random votes don't seem to be doing much now.
Subtle attempt at looking more pro-town? No way to prove it one way or the other, but I'm just throwing that out there.
This sounds opportunistic. Throwing suspicion out there for something I think wasn't worth publicly noting at that point.
You're trying to make me NOT voice my opinion. First of all, that's just bad manners ;) Second, if you're town you would want people voicing their suspicions no matter whether you feel it is "worth publicly noting" or not.
RetroDucts wrote:
Trebis, post 53 wrote:I seriously doubt the scum would try to get a claim out of a townie THIS early in the game.
Glork covered this one.
Trebis, post 106 wrote:I'm gonna agree too with Mizzy.
This whole encounter between Khelvaster and Retro Ducts just confused me and turned me off to the game more than anything. I don't know what it was about it, but I had a hard time following everyones arguments without my eyes glazing over.

All-in-all right now I feel like it's a case of two townies arguing with eachother, which is never a good precedent to set in a game. I've seen too many games where Day 1 gets stuck between two townies duking it out, and at the end of the day the only logical conclusion is to lynch one of the two of them. And of course in the end, you learn they're both town.
My issue with this is mostly that it sounds like Trebis hasn't really put much thought into the exchange between Khelvaster and me (I've bolded the relevant section of the post), which make the following paragraph all the more questionable. How could he claim to have read it as two townies arguing if he didn't even know what it was about? He even goes as far as to relate the situation to where mislynches take place, almost as if to foreshadow the outcome of the Day.
You're right about me not putting a lot of thought in to the exchange, because like I said I had a hard time following it, and it more confused and turned me off to the game than anything. I DID read everything, but I didn't feel like either of you were scummy acting because of it, so I didn't get involved. And as for you accusing me of foreshadowing the outcome of the Day....yeah, I pretty much did that, because that's how I felt the situation was at the time. If my opinion is that we're off track, should I not say that? Stop trying to shut me up. Since then, however, I feel like you are MUCH more scummy for trying to silence me in all my posts.
RetroDucts wrote:
Trebis wrote:Trebis wrote:
Also, Unvote whoever I was voting for.
Interestingly, he was voting for OGML.

Unvote
Vote: Trebis
I unvoted on principle because the game had gotten past random voting, and I'd rather not vote than leave it sitting for no reason. The reason I voiced suspicion of Mizzy for her early unvote was because I felt we weren't past the stage where we had to put pressure on someone to induce conversation. Now, obviously the conversation is flowing quite freely, so a (L-6?) "pressure vote" was doing nothing.

Ok, on to Tarhalindur:
Tarhalindur wrote:Trebis, who are your top 3 scum candidates and why?
1) RetroDucts for the above reasons
2) Mizzy, because I feel like most of her posts are just her describing the situation going on at the time. It's a good way to look active without doing any analyzing. Also, she seems to ride along at the tail end of the flow of the conversation, never bringing up anything herself.
3) ....? I don't really have a good third suspect. Sorry.
Tarhalindur wrote:Trebis's post 106 is pinging my scumdar - he seems to be agreeing with the (somewhat irrelevant) comments of others and talking about mafia theory (the whole "two townies arguing" paragraph), but he doesn't really offer any analysis of the game state (esp. with regards to who he thinks may be scum). That looks like a case of IIoA (Information Instead of Analysis), which has been a fairly reliable scumtell for me lately.
In response to the IIoA: I feel like I haven't done anything in this game, information, analysis, or otherwise. As I have said, I haven't been able to get in to this game, so I haven't been a useful player at all--hence, asking for replacement.

We've all been in games with deadbeat townies that end up getting themselves lynched, and I don't want to be the guy to do that to this game, so I'm getting myself out out of respect for the town.

Aaaaand Glork, whom I'm not really sure how to respond to.
Glork, after I asked why he was suspicious of me wrote:General gut?

I can't really say for sure.
Um. Ok. How do I respond to this?
Glork wrote:I find x and y suspicious. I notice that x votes y to start the game, but as things get serious, he removes his vote.
I'm pretty sure this is in reference to my unvote. When I unvoted, nothing serious was going on with OGML. It was just general principle.

You voted for me in post 68 for no real reason(or at least, no reason I could see), then when I hadn't even posted anything significant again, you said you were "Still happy with my Trebis-vote" on post 105.

What am I supposed to respond to?
Trebis
Trebis
Goon
Trebis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by Trebis »

Well, I feel obligated to keep playing until my replacement is here, so I guess I'll keep responding for as long as I am needed.
Glork wrote:Before you go, could you respond to my entire post instead of just Strawmanning the "gut" part?
You can't be sure of anything, so I was just stating the other side of my opinion.
Sangy wrote:I just re-read this entire thread, and... generally, it was more annoying than anything.
My sentiments exactly.
Erg0 wrote:Stated succinctly: all talk, no action.
I realize I haven't been much use in the game, hence asking for replacement so I'm not "that guy" that makes the game suck.
Erg0 wrote:It's not really a factor at all, as the reasons for it could go either way -
caught scum or disinterested town would explain it equally well.
Trying to meta replacements generally doesn't work in my experience.
First of all I didn't feel a huge amount of pressure on me when I asked to be replaced. The game was still WAY early in day 1, with only 5 pages, and there was much much more to be said before the day was out, so my head was not on the chopping block at all. I think I had maybe 2 votes, and a FoS?

While I would generally agree that trying to meta the replacement isn't worthwhile, the fact that I am staying around responding to all the arguments against me points to disinterested town. If I was scum and felt completely caught, do you really think I would ask for a replacement and then stick around and STILL try to defend myself, even though I know I'll be out of the game soon and it won't matter.

If I was the kind of person to abandon a game in which I got "caught" as scum, would I also be the kind of person that defends himself for as long as possible so his replacement has a chance? Call it WIFOM if you like, but I am town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”