Post by pablito »

mass prods!

Vote Count

Pug89
(0):
Elmo
(1): Skruffs
Vote not cast (1): DragonsofSummer

With 2 voters, it takes 2 to evict! In case of tie, the HoH will cast the evicting tiebreak vote.

Vote Deadline: Tuesday 8th January 19:00 EST
. However, voting/lynching early is an acceptable action.
Failure to vote (when required) will result in modkill.
Sup, later.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Elmo »

No, I claim Sparticus!

I'm not really following the game now, but hi anyways.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by Pug89 »

Just responding to prod. Not much to do untill DOS votes.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Sorry everyone I was on vacation and thought I would have a chance before I left to use a computer but didn't. Anyway I agree that of the two nominees pug is the way to go.

Vote Pug89
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:42 pm

Post by pablito »

Final Vote Count

Pug89 (1)
: DragonsofSummer
Elmo (1)
: Skruffs

We have a tie vote. In the case of a tie, unless there are no penalties or special powers used, the current HoH will cast the tiebreaking vote.

mneme, as current HoH you must cast the tiebreaking vote. However, you cannot do so until after both nominees have given their final speech.

Nominees, please post your final plea to mneme as soon as possible and make sure to send in your choice for next HoH if you have not already.

Please remember that one mafia faction will win once they outnumber or equal all others alive in the game. Therefore, with no further modkills, the game may end once the tiebreak vote has been cast. If the last floater is lynched this week, he will be given four days to decide who will become the next HoH (and thus win the game) otherwise the game will end after the vote.

Note: Any players that has not posted for 96 consecutive hours is eligible to be replaced without additional notice. I may still replace earlier than that if notice has been given. This has always been labelled as a speed game and requires one post every 48 hours minimum.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I'm willing to modkill myself to help end the game faster. I can't win, so there's no reason for me to stick around.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:18 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Elmo, PUg, are you guys on the same team? either nominate each other or nominate me and I will nominate the two that didn't nominate you two.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by pablito »

Trying to get yourself modkilled will likely yield in a result which you did not intend.
Sup, later.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Oooho, spicy!
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by mneme »

Pablito won't let me cast a tie breaking vote until you guys have posted a final plea for me to off your buddy (or off a member of the opposing team).

So...pug, elmo, post. You don't have to say much, but you must post something.
Did I say too much?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:10 am

Post by Elmo »

Hum. I don't have a lot to say, I mean, you want someone from the other mafia gone. You obviously reckon it's Pug, so lynch him. I suppose I should make some kinda threat about who I'd nominate should you chuck me out, but I don't know who your partner is.. I kind of want Skruffs to win, he's played pretty well throughout.
*shrug*
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:37 am

Post by Skruffs »

I can't win. I evicted two floaters. But i can help your team not lose.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Skruffs »

Seriously: i will not nominate the first team to cofirm (both players). Treat me like a neutral player, i can either go to final three and lose with one team or final two with the other and lose. I lose regardless, so you may as well confirm it all.

I blame pickem's computer failure for the town loss,
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:42 am

Post by mneme »

Skruffs: there is no final three. This game ends after today.
Did I say too much?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Skruffs »

how so?
2 scum teams.

Ahh, I see.

Peh.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:10 pm

Post by Pug89 »

I don't know what I can say. I got the impression that mneme already has a good idea who he will evict at this point anyway so go ahead and make your choice.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:22 pm

Post by mneme »

Something could have changed my mind (I mean, pug or Elmo might have challenged skruffs' claim as "only townie". But apparently, not so much. *knocks on wood*

Tiebreak vote: pug
Did I say too much?
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:07 am

Post by pablito »

Final Vote Count

Pug89 (1*)
: DragonsofSummer, mneme*
Elmo (1)
: Skruffs

Pug89, you have been evicted from the Big Brother Household.

Before we reveal Pug89s alignment, let's remember that in order for the game to continue, Pug89 must be the last remaining floater or otherwise one mafia family will have two members and the other remaining alive are one opposing mafia and one floater - which cannot take on the last alliance alone. If Pug89 is a floater, then we will go into sudden death where both sides will try to sway Pug89 into naming someone as the next HoH.

DragonsofSummer and mneme effectively teamed up to eliminate someone, but unfortunately neither are the last remaining floater. That means that either Skruffs or Pug89 is the last floater. And the last floater is Skruffs of course.

Therefore,
Pug89, passive aggressive mafia, was lynched
!

Oh no, the game is as predictable as always and the aggressive males team up to take everyone out! The alpha dog mafia have overtaken the Big Brother household and will win the grand prize money! Both Skruffs and Elmo are too weak to take on the mighty alliance and will lose no matter what.

Congratulations to
KaleiÐoscøpe, DragonsofSummer and mneme, the alpha dog mafia!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:20 am

Post by ryan »

Apologizes to my scum partners as I helped to lose them this game. Sorry guys.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:20 am

Post by mneme »

Good game, people! I kept thinking I was going to be lynched any day now!

I ascribe our success mostly to the -massive- amounts of crossi-bussing DoS and I engaged in -- pretty much throughout the entire game! I think Pug was the only one to catch on that there might be something suspicious about it, or at least out loud -- and he was mafia!

Were there any powers in the game aside from the Veto?
Did I say too much?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:24 am

Post by Skruffs »

I think with 6 scum, out of 12 payers, the game mechanics should have been enforced - esp as the remain pa mafia could have easily nominated both top dogs, and one of them gone, it could have been a draw.

Town could effectively only lose 4 players to win, and had to eliminate 6, which made it extremely balanced against the town, statistically speaking. The mafia had a huge advantage, just be having 2 other 'knowns' on their team.

It was a fun game, but pickem's defaulting and farside being modkilled wound up making it nearly impossible tohave won... As town,

I also made some bad choices.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:42 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

mneme wrote:Good game, people! I kept thinking I was going to be lynched any day now!

I ascribe our success mostly to the -massive- amounts of crossi-bussing DoS and I engaged in -- pretty much throughout the entire game! I think Pug was the only one to catch on that there might be something suspicious about it, or at least out loud -- and he was mafia!

Were there any powers in the game aside from the Veto?
Hey now, I did that too with DoS... :D
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:55 am

Post by mneme »

skruffs: "win on tie" was established as the scum win condition in the opening post -- and is necessary; without it, the game drags on endlessly, with very little chancer of scum winning rather than tying, and no incentive for the scum to play correctly even toward the end.

As it was, the game should probably have ended once I put the entire other mafia in the penalty box, presuming there wasn't a power that could take them out -- as it was, we had a very lackluster day with a forgone conclusion; tension-raising (I pushed for pug over elmo because -if- skruffs was actuall PA scum, his putting elmo up for lynch could indicate that Elmo was the real final floater).

Re scum lynching town -- I don't know about the other team, but I (and, pretty much, my team) really favored lynching otherscum over town; they're much more of a threat (and trying to find other scum makes you look better, at least in heory) the lack of our success in that (except for Ryan) was failure, not success. I probably should have bussed Kali more (yeah, Kali, you did bus DoS, which was good, as it kept him from getting tarred with your brush), but didn't want to get into the trap of bussing both my partners for nearly no reason.
Did I say too much?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:13 am

Post by kuribo »

Once I was evicted, I couldn't toss the HoH back to Scruffs anyway, so town was screwed.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:27 am

Post by pablito »

Nightless usually plays with "equals or outnumbers all others alive" win condition, but we can see that even if we had played it out here's what would've gone on:

Elmo wins HoH and nominates very likely both mneme and DoS.

As sole voter, Skruffs takes out DoS likely.

DoS names mneme as HoH.

At final three mneme would have probably evicted Elmo knowing that Skruffs was the only person to assert that he was town.

Alpha dogs would've won even if there was the "must outnumber all others in game" win condition.

Two unfortunate things happened for the town in this game:

pickem failed to submit HoH picks and farside22 getting that role modkilled. I sent a PM to pickem in advance asking if we needed to make any special arrangements because of limited access, he said he'd still get it in on time. FaerieLord not vetoing was the extra kicker.

Modkilling farside22 (r/pickem) was an unfortunate occurrence. Because farside22 mentioned alive players on his (or pickem's list), scum could purposely choose to lynch him just to get a certain person the next HoH. Even if farside22 changed his list, people could probably try to guess who the veto may have been sent to or etc. That's why it was a necessary action. I would've likely not take action if he had only mentioned dead people.

The only power was the Power of Veto (which Skruffs used). I wanted to add a power that would likely benefit town if in their hands but would expose mafia if it was in their hands.
Sup, later.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”