Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 58--Texas Showdown - Over - before 545

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:40 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

MAJOR EDIT: GODFATHER'S LOSS THROUGH VIGILANTE KILL DOES NOT REVEAL HIS PARTNER. YOU MUST LYNCH GODFATHER FOR HIS PARTNER TO BE REVEALED.

Stolen from someone else's rules:

1. If you disagree with something the mod has done, or have a question about the game, feel free to PM.
2. Do not quote your role PMs to prove your innocence. Paraphrasing is acceptable, and if you are uncertain as to what is acceptable, PM me to check. Violators will be modkilled.
3. A majority of the votes is required to lynch a player. Votes are made in the format Vote: Playername. Votes that are not in this format will not count.
4. Please Unvote before voting a different player. This rule will not be enforced as strictly as the previous one, but it helps me count, so please!
5. Do not dIscuss thIs game outsIde thIs thread, unless you have a role whIch allows thIs, and even then, only at nIght and only with the desIgnated players. I have Is and ears everywhere...
6. If you're dead, you're dead, and since the dead aren't alive, you're dead. Stop posting. Players are allowed a single "Bah!" post, but not until the next day phase has begun.
7. If you have moderating powers in this forum, do not edit or delete the posts of either yourself or another player. If you are caught, you will be modkilled if you are playing, and blacklisted from future games, because holding grudges is fun.
8. There is no night.
9. After a majority of votes has been reached, someone is lynched. I will try my hardest not to deadline lynch people.

You are somewhat near San Antonio Texas. You are five young men, all having been involved in a large cocaine deal. You bought it in Columbia and moved it by truck all the way up to Texas. While camping out that night before making it into town the next morning you realize that something isn't right. You've recently discovered from a double-crossing police informant that there are a bunch of law enforcement officials on your case. Luckily for you, most of them got lost and died of freak accidents while tracking you in the desert. However, two of them had ingratiated themselves into your group and were with you when you made the deal. In fact, they are still with you, waiting until you lead them to your customers.

You need to figure out who they are and kill them before you are put behind bars for half your life. Because you have been tipped off, you will be extra wary. Even if you get killed, you still have the chance to off someone else as your life slowly slips away.

Role PMs

3x Townie
townie wrote:You are one of the legitimate drug traffickers. You need to kill off the two underover law enforcement officials before you are killed off and your loot confiscated. If you are killed, you can use your last breaths to muster the strength to shoot someone else and kill them if you choose.
1xGodfather
Godfather wrote:You are the undercover case coordinator. You have access to all the undercover agents on your computer and keep in touch with them. It seems that most of the people you had coming to arrest these three men didn't make it. You will have to take matters into your own hands. If you die through lynching, the men will look through your computer and find out the name of your partner who infiltrated this ring as well and will kill him. If, however, you die in a shootout with someone else, your computer will have been to damaged, so your partner's name is safe. Your partner is XXX
1xMafia
Mafia wrote:You were assigned to work on this case as XXX's partner. You are an undercover police officer. You haven't talked with him about police business for a very long time because you wanted to avoid suspicion. However, he's still linked himself to you via his emails, which are stored on his computer. If he is killed, the three men you are investigating will see the emails and kill you too. If, however, you die, they will still need to find your partner.

Alive

Jester--Drug Dealer
SomeStrangeFlea--Drug Dealer[/b]

Eliminated

Incognito--Drug Dealer
Flameaxe--Undercover Case Coordinator
Nocmen--Undercover Officer
Last edited by Khelvaster on Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:57 am, edited 7 times in total.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Khelvaster »

The game is now open. Sorry for the delay.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

How did I forget the playset...Silly me.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

First Votecount. The winner of the Overthinker of the Year award is Incognito!

It will take 3 votes to lynch with 5 people alive.

Somestrangeflea(2)--Incognito, Jester
Flameaxe(1)--Somestrangeflea
Last edited by Khelvaster on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Incognito wrote:
Khelvaster wrote:First Votecount. The winner of the Overthinker of the Year award is Incognito!
YES! I WIN!

Wait, but isn't that kinda like mod interference or something? Like the mod is basically confirming that I'm wrong? Or am I doing more overthinking? Rofl.

Maybe you're actually right, but I was just trying to make you think you were wrong.

But then again, maybe I just said that because you were wrong, but now you'll think you were right, even though you were really wrong

But then again...

Seriously though, I thought you were joking when you made that post because I thought you posted that after I fixed so I posted a joke response in my votecount. I thought the line of "Somestrangeflea could have looked in the queue" referred to him getting an order on who to vote for when he rolled the die for the random voting. I misread the post.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

I was referring to how I thought Incognito had said that somestrangeflea should have looked in the queue to see the order of who signed up after randomly voting as the basis for his vote. That's why I made that joke. I didn't realize Incognito meant something else, which was actually a reason for a real vote.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

MAJOR EDIT: GODFATHER'S LOSS THROUGH VIGILANTE KILL DOES NOT REVEAL HIS PARTNER. YOU MUST LYNCH GODFATHER FOR HIS PARTNER TO BE REVEALED.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Prod Sent
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Second Votecount--Just one change from the first

It will take 3 votes to lynch with 5 people alive.

Somestrangeflea(2)--Incognito, Jester
Incognito(1)---Flameaxe
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Fixed Votecount

It will take 3 votes to lynch with 5 people alive

Somestrangeflea(2)--Incognito
Incognito(1)---Flameaxe
Nocmen(1)--Jester
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

If discussion doesn't pick up in the next 72 hours, I am deadlining this.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

The Corrected, Everyone is Finally Voting, Votecount

Nocmen (2) -- Jester, Incognito
Incognito (2) -- Flameaxe, somestrangeflea
Flameaxe(1) -- Nocmen
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Nocmen, last votecount was the one you posted. You told me I was wrong and you were right. I took yours and modified it for flameaxe.

Nocmen (2) -- Jester, Incognito
Incognito (1) -- Flameaxe
Flameaxe(1) -- Nocmen

Somestrangeflea--Not Voting
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

I already did prod him. Twice. I'll start looking for a replacement.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Umm....wow. Just wow.

As all of you look in horror, Incognito suddenly snaps. He pulls out a Desert Eagle, obtained from one of the friendly local Columbian arms dealers, and blows through the chest of Flameaxe. Suddenly, Nocmen comes to his senses and sends a piece of lead through Incognito's skull before he kills anyone else. Incognito collapses, but Flameaxe stays alive, on the verge of consciousness, for a few minutes. "My partner...your only hope is for one of these dealers to kill the other. Stand strong."

Flameaxe passes away, his blood slowly mixing with the dust in the arid desert outside of San Antonio.

The blood mixes with dust, sand, and, unfortunately for the remaining two dealers, his wallet, which contained the password to his computer. Still, that's one down, one to go.

Day 2 begins now
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Nocmen pleads "No, look at me. I allowed Flameaxe to be killed."
"This won't fly," replies SSF. "Besides," he says, "I would be honored if Jester were an undercover officer--he's been a worthy foe if he was undercover. You, on the other hand, look like a cop and smell like one. If you are one, you were doing a terrible job. I won't take this from you."
The struggling Nocmen is handcuffed, even as he tries to bolt. He runs a few yards, then is shot down by Jester.
"We got him!"
You check his wallet and see a police badge inside.

Nocmen, Undercover Police Officer, has been lynched. Town wins!
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Thanks. This was so much better to run than the last open I ran. People respected prods, argued well, and set awesome traps. I loved your play Incognito.
Nocmen wrote:Finally we don't have to deal with the attitude that was Flameaxe. A shame we had to sacrifice a townie though to do so, but that was quite ridiculous.

Now the question is, which of you two is the other scum?
This just felt wrong. You just hammered incognito, and yet you're talking about sacrificing a townie. The "which of you two is the other scum?" also seemed quite needless--it's like saying "hey guys, I am definitely town. Just suspect the other guy."

You still played really well. You all did. :).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”