TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by TheSoldier »

Hey everyone, I'm here. Shoutout to Creature, the only person I think I've played with before... even if we both ended up replacing out.

I skimmed the thread before replacing, going to reread more thoroughly now. First thought is that nolynch sucks, but we're far from doomed.
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by TheSoldier »

I agree with another NL today. Whether to do it silently or not I'm less sure on. The tradeoff is another day of interactions to look at vs scum having knowledge of peoples' reads, yes?

I would prefer to talk since I just replaced in and have thoughts, but I won't stand in the way of the alternative if there's consensus for it.
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by TheSoldier »

VOTE: No Lynch

Lips = zipped.
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by TheSoldier »

The thing is if we lynch scum on specifically D3, we win outright. That's why we're NLing now and not on D3.
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by TheSoldier »

It's in the rules for the setup. A scum lynch on D3 is a town auto-win. It's the gimmick of the setup. See: wiki page for Desperation Day, either of the role PMs :P
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Post by TheSoldier »

It's 1 AM so no realpost for me. Tuesday afternoon I'll make one.
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by TheSoldier »

Hey everyone I'm back home. Food, soccer matches and then more posting tonight.

629 isn't a scumtell or scum post by any means. When I was a newer player, I would post reminders like this as town because I didn't realize that they didn't really do much. Also, I was very conscious about people misinterpreting my posts, and still am pretty reserved with my posting, either alignment. Now, I can't read Börk's mind, but all 643 shows is that they have a cautious mindset. 630 to me reads as an "oh wait duh" rather than "oh crap."

What's curious is that you immediately see 629 & 630 as a coverup, even though you haven't really articulated (or tried to explain) why 629 is a scum post to begin with.
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:38 am

Post by TheSoldier »

CK, please explain to me why 629 is more likely to come from scum than town, because I legit don't see it.

Also, is Pepchoninga still here? They were active D1 but nothing so far D2 or D3.

Snarky, your thoughts are totally opaque to me. Why was Vij town to you? Does CK hammering NL make them scum to you?

Still sorting CK. Gamma and Snarky have been peripheral and we need more from them. I thought Pep's D1 push on Creature was reachy and fake, not sure why Pep was such a common TR D1; he just didn't seem geniune. My impression of Börk is that they're newish town dedicated to doing things 'by the book.' Finally there's creature; I see effort to figure things out and gather info, but I haven't seen many conclusions. Who are you scumreading, creature?
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by TheSoldier »

Thank you for the explanation CK. Your thought process seems real to me. Thoughts on slots not Börk?

Gamma, on readthrough of the thread your posts get drowned out because there's just a relatively low number of them. On a closer reread of your ISO you have less fluff than I thought, which is nice. A few new things though: way back on post 225 you say Pep, Börk, and Vij are your picks for scum. However, you don't have any real interactions with Pep or Börk, and your vote was on the Vij slot since the very beginning of D1. Where's the pressuring?

I don't see any attempts from you to convince others that you're right about your reads. Yes, you ended up on the biggest wagon D1, but you were content to sit there as the only one on the wagon for most of the day until Chilledtea replaced in and gave it some traction. I see a lack of sorting, questioning... anything to find scum. Considering that and the fact that you had plenty of time to think critically about creature's plan but not about the game, I think you're a good bet for being mafia.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
tl;dr: very passive and done nothing to develop reads
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by TheSoldier »

I'm here and keeping up with the thread, but have been down the last few days. Good to see signs of life from the Pep slot. No one else feeling a Gamma lynch?

(Yes, glorified prodge - sue me. :P)
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by TheSoldier »

CK: hapahauli sees the same things I did. Gamma gives the excuse of shit connection, and sure, I believe that. But that's an excuse for sparse posting, not empty posting. He clearly had the ability to post on game-related things, and even quotes things, but there's no analysis and no followup to anything.

Börk, formulate some thoughts here. Why do you think Cloud is scum, or more likely to be scum than Gamma? What makes Snarky's lack of content worse than Gamma's? Why is hapahauli top town?

SnarkySnowman: Have you read the stuff on Gamma? Do you think CK is scum, and if so, why?
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:46 am

Post by TheSoldier »

Börk is doing the thing where they try to make the evidence fit their desired reads. The way they're turning a blind eye to flaws in their thinking and looking for any reason to vote someone who isn't Gamma is incriminating. It looks like I was wrong on them being newbie town; Gamma Börk scumteam, gg.

I mean from a town perspective, if Börk lynches Gamma and is wrong, that sucks but the game continues and they can still win. When she's said she doesn't disagree with a case on Gamma, doesn't want to vote Gamma for vague weak reasons, and a mafia lynch today means they lose, it seems pretty clear to me. I don't see a townie refusing to vote someone they don't even have a townread on like this.
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:17 pm

Post by TheSoldier »

Funny thing is on my first readthrough the people I was least sure about were Vij and Pepchoninga. Come day 3, their replacements were my rock to build off of. Repeatedly I would think of something to say and then scroll down to see hapahauli had already said the same thing. Him being so in sync with me while having no reason to buddy me meant he was rock-solid town to me. Cloudkicker I figured was town from how they responded to my questions about their arguments. Add in creature and that gives me 4 decently good townreads out of 7.

I hadn't played with Gamma, but I had skimmed a few games out of interest that he happened to be in. He just felt totally off here. Best I can describe it is he was like a stoner too busy pondering their hands to care about things beyond themself. Börk eventually became obvious when she refused to budge on points that she clearly had read and understood, but it's not like she had the option to bus. Once she'd decided to try to save Gamma, there was no way out.
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:21 pm

Post by TheSoldier »

Fun facts:
1. This is my first win

2. and made me paranoid as hell

Anything good in the scumchat?