Vetting

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by Psyche »

No one's talking about subjective dislike of a player and I don't really gt why realgin brought it up.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by Psyche »

So, it wouldn't be too hard to automatically track flaking. Generally unpleasant people, though? I can't really think of a non-toxic way to handle that.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Psyche »

actually, i used to have negative attitudes about a rating system, but honestly it shouldn't be controversial at all to only want to play games with people who are Enjoyable to Play With, or to pressure people who aren't Enjoyable to Play With to change their style

still any concrete system i've thought of runs the risk of making the site more rather than less toxic very challenging stuff
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by Psyche »

i've thought of two fun automatic ways to measure player toxicity, though they each have their flaws that i'm just gonna gloss over for now

My first idea is that Microsoft and IBM have these sentiment analysis tools that can automatically detect the sentiment of a writer about the stuff he's writing about. In theory, for a given person, you can go through all (or some of) the games they've posted in and take the average sentiment about said person across all players in all those games to guess how much people enjoy playing with them.

Similarly, you can measure the average emotion of people in those games and use
that
with maybe some statistics about the other players to take a different sort of guess about how much people enjoy playing with them.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by Psyche »

Anyway, the easiest way to track replacements is to monitor the replacement thread(s). Next most easy is to monitor game archives. A more creative trick might be to send out surveys to game mods at the end of their games, but discussion in past threads has suggested that they wouldn't appreciate the additional workload on top of running their games. And finally, one can look at all the different game threads. Some devoted scummer could always do the archiving himself, I spose! It wouldn't be a lot of work, but it would hard to do reliably for free, I can promise you.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Psyche »

In fact, the replacements thread is thankfully one of the most systematically managed threads on the site, so it wouldn't be too hard to make a script that flags high-rate replaceouts there.

MMMM the thread IS a little messy though.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”