Mini 1875: Pine's Death Trap Post Game - Town win!

JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Not to mention: HE HAS ONE SINGLE VOTE ON HIM RIGHT NOW.

If he was truly trying to bait a night kill, WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE CLAIM BP RIGHT NOW?

seriously, someone explain that to me.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by Transcend »

IMO one scum in:
Grendel
Akarin *
Rautherdir
Lil Uzi Vert
RadiantCowbells

And two in:
JarJarDrinks
Cooperative Sheep Soumil07
Keyser Söze
Vifam
mattblackguy
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Because I think that getting you to calm the fuck down and leave me alone is more valuable than the slim chance that scum try to nightkill me twice.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by Transcend »

Now taking out my townreads/leans

1 in:
Akarin
Rautherdir

2 in:
Cooperative Sheep
Keyser Soze
Vifam
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Transcend »

Actually taking out Grendel was a gamble but the rest that I took out, I'm relatively confident are town.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 752, RadiantCowbells wrote:Because I think that getting you to calm the fuck down and leave me alone is more valuable than the slim chance that scum try to nightkill me twice.
That makes' no sense. It's not if they try to kill you
twice

If you're town and keep up the "some type of cop" charade and you don't get lynched, then there's a pretty good chance you bait a kill. Like that's supposedly the whole purpose of your fakeclaim in the first place. Getting me to "calm the fuck down" is a ridiculous reason.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Transcend »

JJD:

mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Dude, but Jar is making a lot of sense though.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Thanks. I'm allergic to peanuts. You just killed me.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Transcend »

Actually I am too

Better?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

I promise to give this game 48 hours more commitment.

If it remains an anti-town game it is a waste of my time and town's time.

I was disgusted with that hammer.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by Transcend »

^ faux rage ^
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Pine »

"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

I'm out for the evening. I trust Keyser to restore sanity.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Transcend »

everything appears to be pretty sane here lol
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:29 pm

In post 755, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 752, RadiantCowbells wrote:Because I think that getting you to calm the fuck down and leave me alone is more valuable than the slim chance that scum try to nightkill me twice.
That makes' no sense. It's not if they try to kill you
twice

If you're town and keep up the "some type of cop" charade and you don't get lynched, then there's a pretty good chance you bait a kill. Like that's supposedly the whole purpose of your fakeclaim in the first place. Getting me to "calm the fuck down" is a ridiculous reason.
If I bait 1 kill all I do is waste scums night and don't actually get us a mislynch.

The cop is dead there's no huge value to my role anymore.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

Posting to say a few things:
I can't access a computer right now.
Gerry's reaction to RC's claim now makes sense.
I also now believe RC is town.
Transcend, Vifam, you didn't even let Akarin post. I mean seriously, you could have at least waited a day or so at L-1 to get a claim from Gerry.

I'm narrowing down my lynch pool to Transcend and Vifam today, barring an extremely good argument for lynching RC.
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 765, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I bait 1 kill all I do is waste scums night and don't actually get us a mislynch.

The cop is dead there's no huge value to my role anymore.
So what was the point in keeping up the "Im still a cop" charade at the start of day 2? If there's no value to your role then what was the purpose of that?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Transcend »

^ faux rage ^

pedit @rauth
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:47 pm

I mean there's still value in wasting a nightkill. But if JJD is going to flip his shit at me I might as well come clean and try to get town on the same page.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Keyser
In post 661, Keyser Söze wrote:Even though I won't be joining the wagon I must admit it is the optimum info lynch based on the interactions so far this game.

No early hammer gentlemen.
I'd like to hear some of your conclusions.

You seemed to have some thoughts pending the flip.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 766, Rautherdir wrote:Posting to say a few things:
I can't access a computer right now.
Gerry's reaction to RC's claim now makes sense.
I also now believe RC is town.
Transcend, Vifam, you didn't even let Akarin post. I mean seriously, you could have at least waited a day or so at L-1 to get a claim from Gerry.

I'm narrowing down my lynch pool to Transcend and Vifam today, barring an extremely good argument for lynching RC.

Would a Scum!Ruath be so ballzy as to utilize the strategy a scum Grendel employed in his last game with Ruath?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 753, Transcend wrote:Now taking out my townreads/leans

1 in:
Akarin
Rautherdir

2 in:
Cooperative Sheep
Keyser Soze
Vifam
Why are you suspicious of Keyser?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by Grendel »

This is old now but I still feel it merits a response.
In post 586, Cooperative Sheep wrote:
I can see the Grendel wagon faltering, I tend to feel it's faltering due to his burst of activity, which doesn't fully appease me as I'd like to see him respond to some of my thoughts, and it really was just a quick burst of activity rather than a quick burst of town seeming activity. All he did was pretty much attack the people attacking him, which is alignment null in my opinion, so I'm quite content to leave my own vote there and see if/how he responds to my questions.
Spoiler:
In post 550, Cooperative Sheep wrote: I don't understand the purpose of my wagon.

For instance I noticed a lack of "Grendel is scum comments".

That'd suggest that my wagon is supposed to be for pressure. Whats off though is that given that there are other players out that that have garnered actual suspicion my wagon just seems like... an excuse? The very same people on my wagon have proclaimed other players as scummy, but opted to pressure vote me instead. So, why are ppl so afraid to vote their scum reads?

I seem to recall Kiser being the only one actually suspicious of my slot. I don't recall the same for the rest. :/

Not to mention that there has been zero resistance to my wagon.
The purpose for your wagon would be pressure and to see what happens - also, it's not like I town read you, and I do town read someone voting you. Is it really that strange of a wagon to you? This feels like a very normal strategy and not something surprising or unusual.

I agree there has been very little resistance to your wagon - I'm not sure I care to come all the way along the primrose path you'd like to have laid out in that regard, especially with your choice of the other hot topic wagon option for your vote, but I do agree with the statement.
[/quote]

Calling me garrulous was... gratuitous

I think pressure wagons aren’t all there made out to be. When the majority has no logic and/or reason behind their vote the wagoned person knows they aren’t going to be lynched. Or if they were lynched then it was done in poor taste.

I was originally interested in Gerry before RC vs Gerry occurred. I generally like to have open reasoning out for critiques before voting. Saying that i voted my counter wagon, _just_ because it was my counter wagon is unfair. Also people had reservations about Gerry, and i probably could have done as well pushing Ruath instead.
In post 517, Grendel wrote:
In post 412, Cooperative Sheep wrote:
In post 407, Vifam wrote:If I had to put money on it Id say RC is town, I dont wanna lynch Gerry or RC today tho
Why do you not want to lynch Gerry? He seems a perfectly fine lynch option.

I don't really see the Keyser love, but neither do I have an issue with the play from that slot so...I
kinda tend to expect him to be town
and at least one of the fanboi's to be scum sheeping him.
I see RC as town.
I'd be happy to lynch Gerry.
I also am not overly fond of Alisae or Vifam and would consider them secondary scum reads at this stage.
I don't share the Rauth dislike, he's a clear newb so pointing out a newbtown or newbscum issue with him is a bit like telling me grass is green. IIoA ahoy!

In the spirit of the purpose of this alt;
Vote: Grendel
Gives piece meal statements about Gerry being a good wagon then votes Grendel b/c, " lol, Its my flavor"

Has a null read on Keyser. Which means that Sheep is sheeping a null read, while ignoring a wagon started by a town read (RC) on a slot he thinks is a good lynch (Gerry).

Huh.
Bolded something you might have missed - hope that helps.
With the revelation that I stated a town read on Keyser - how does that affect/not affect your stance as softly presented here?
Prefacing it with “I Don’t get the strong town reads”, along with the usage of both “Kinda tend”, made me think the “town read” was weak enough to assume that he was null. You hamming it up to be a strong town read looks like an exaggeration. Did you go on to reference Seyser as more then kinda sorta town read before I made the above posts?
In post 522, Grendel wrote:Sheep's vote was the turning point for my wagon's pick up.

Yay/Nay?
Yay - it's not even a question, it was the obvious tip point. Now, from that observation, what conclusion do you draw?
Well you were in my scum reads weren’t you?

I thought you were scum trying move attention away from Gerry!scum. Trying to get a new wagon up before people started viewing Gerry as suspicious and voting him, vs when they were just verbalising that Gerry was sort of scummy.
In post 525, Grendel wrote:
In post 502, Cooperative Sheep wrote:The above within the concept that Gerry is scum, naturally.
I really dislike how they keep batting about their potential scum reads, meanwhile voting somebody who isn't even mentioned as a tertiary scum read.

It doesn't make any sense.
Why doesn't it make sense? I am unaware of having a pre defined meta of aggro tunnel on Day 1, so exploring other lynch options seems perfectly reasonable.
If I had said 'I suspect Grendel because my strongest town read is voting him, so I'll sheep' would that have abolished your stated issue? (because...well, I kinda did say exactly that) and if it doesn't abolish your issue, why not?
No, you did not make clear that you preferred Keyser over RC. I was sure that RC was the stronger read between the two, and why i thought it was scummy for you to sheep the one that looked like a null read. IF it was clear that you had Keyser as your top town read then I would have not have been as critical of you.

I’m not sure where a stand on you, currently. I can’t help but feel that you have been manipulative. That behind your woolly façade there is some real scum intent. But my biggest reason for suspecting you is defunct with Gerry flipping town. Right now I can’t find enough to substantiate my gut feeling. I don't know if that means you are town, or if there is something I’m missing.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Grendel »

Ill answer this too
In post 591, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 514, Grendel wrote:I'm probably voting Gerry since I already had a mild suspicion on his slot.
What do you mean by "already" ? Like you suspected him before RC started to push him? If so, what were u suspicious about?
My initial reasons were that he shut down the Mattblk wagon along with Viafam. He also discouraged people from developing early town reads, which is a scum tell on my home site.

I wanted to engage him and matt, before i voted, becuase i didn’t consider the above reasons to be enough for a serious vote.

Later i thought he was scum because of how he was handling my slot. I thought that he would be pushing me harder as town then he was, as well as how quickly he came to the conclusion i was town. It felt rushed and unnatural when i was a scum read of his for most the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”