Mini 1875: Pine's Death Trap Post Game - Town win!

mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:09 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 574, gerryoat wrote:^ that makes no sense lol
why doesn't it make sense?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:17 pm

Post by Alisae »

Matt tbh I'm agreeing with Garryisamotherfuckingbote. Maybe explain it to me like I'm a 5-year old?
GTKAS
| here.
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

For example, there's very little difference between RCs townplay, and scumplay which is why I'm not comfortable putting him as one of my top Town reads because I know he can easily fake his play so far as scum. I don't think you can do that quite as easily.
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:26 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Which is why I'm more confident on my read of you and Grendel than a few others.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 577, mattblackguy wrote:I don't think you can do that quite as easily.
And if I can?
GTKAS
| here.
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Then I'd be surprised. Not sure what kind of answer you were expecting to that
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:04 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

People keep saying gerryoat is scum but then they vote someone else...

Is it because:
1) you have a stronger scum read?
2) you think it is an inevitable lynch so you're going to jump on later?
3) are you waiting for your town reads to vote for him?
4) do you want to gain more information on other players then would gladly hammer?

gerryoat is one of the most active players so you should vote for him and ascertain if he really is scum NOW. People are labeling him scum but leaving it at that. Many agree with RC's reasoning that gerryoat's reaction to his PR-claim is categorically scum-indicative.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:12 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 437, Transcend wrote:Who the fuck is cooperative sheep when the fuck did they get here
In post 485, Transcend wrote:Gerry is mighty scummy i admit
I don't believe any of this outrage/emotion is genuine.

Show me - you appear detached from the game but then enter the game riled up.

Why aren't you trying to lynch "mighty scummy" gerryoat?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I think that Transcend/Gerry kinda makes sense but then it could also be Gerry trying to lay false associatives. But Transcend's been bad for his part too so *shrug*
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:20 pm

I'm also reluctant to scumread Transcend on principle because I know he's been flakey in general recently and I don't know if it's alignment indicative here.

I really would like his slot to be present so that I can do things with it though.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Cooperative Sheep
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:35 am

Post by Cooperative Sheep »

In post 559, mattblackguy wrote: -- I liked this post, but I don't understand why you say you'd be happy to lynch Gerry, but then voted Grendel. Why was Grendel a better use for your vote than Gerry if you thought Gerry could be scum? At this point in time Grendel was null for me. I understand that you're name is "sheep" but Gerry also had 2 votes at the time you could have sheeped that wagon too.
I have explained this in thread already (a very quick recap would be intentional sheeping of top town read and not exactly town reading Grendel either). He was also a better use because we'd literally had about two pages straight of info to assess on Gerry as he'd just had that huge blow up debate with RC whereas we didn't on Grendel (and, I would note, that when he came back to pressure we got an immediate and strong reaction from Grendel and a lot of posts as well).

Does that clarify my purpose?
In post 573, mattblackguy wrote:
In post 561, gerryoat wrote:how do you tr alisae
I liked his interactions with you, and RC. Just felt genuine to me.
Could you specifically quote/link one of the interactions you liked from Alisae and explain why you liked it? I found Alisae's posting during that period (presuming it's the blow up) to feel devoid of willingness to state an opinion, maybe you're reading that as unsureness, but I perceived reasonable chance of scum just not wanting to lock into a thought.
In post 573, mattblackguy wrote:That coupled with I'm always a little more cautious with more experienced players because I don't know how well they can fake their town game puts you and Grendel at the top for me.
Do you have experience/insight into how Alisae and Grendel generally play as scum/town that you are using to form your town read of them?
If so I would very much like to hear some of those thoughts.
If not, then why does confidence they can't fake their town play even become a stance, since you don't know what their town play would look like anyway?
Cooperative Sheep
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:42 am

Just to let people know where I'm standing at the moment;

I pretty much stand by my thoughts as initially presented in my first post. New additions are that I (guardedly, and I want to see his answers to some of my above questions) move Mattblack to town. I'm doing this because his strong Grendel/Alisae reads are so out of left field as to be a red flag that assures him abuse and attention on his reads. I tend to suspect scum would try to present a read list that more conformed to the general town flow.

I can see the Grendel wagon faltering, I tend to feel it's faltering due to his burst of activity, which doesn't fully appease me as I'd like to see him respond to some of my thoughts, and it really was just a quick burst of activity rather than a quick burst of town seeming activity. All he did was pretty much attack the people attacking him, which is alignment null in my opinion, so I'm quite content to leave my own vote there and see if/how he responds to my questions.

I generally like the attack on Transcend from Keyser, it feeds into my own reaction to his "who da fuq is dat Sheep fellow, whot!?!" post and is why I asked him about it because that did feel fake.

I'm kinda unsurprised that RC is now shopping a Transcend+Gerry team :D because, yeah, let's do that. :roll: I luvs ya RC, you are in a tunnel right now, and I can understand the purpose, but let's dial back the paranoia a bit.

Also (and sorry)

V/LA till Feb 2

Basically not *quite* 48 hours without my lovable face, but on the off chance I opt to just go to sleep when I get home as opposed to log in here, safer to declare.
Cooperative Sheep
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:43 am

In post 552, Rautherdir wrote:As to why I never commented on Grendel's wagon, I didn't have enough information to make a read on Grendel.

And as to Gerry... I'm just going to ignore him for a while. I'll probably support a wagon on him later on though, when I don't have anyone else to bother. I'm trying to avoid the tunneling problem I had last game.
So you went back, read over the game, decided Gerry was probably scum, and also (my presumption) decided you didn't know enough about other players so wanted to pressure them (which makes sense to me, and I like your Transcend pressure) but you're also choosing to avoid figuring out the Grendel thing. That seems a little random, why are you trying to sort everything except Grendel?

(missed this when compiling my quotes - sorry for triple post awesome wall)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:45 am

I am? I was even explicit about being reluctant to do anything with it because I felt it was so weak and the whole Transcend thing. I was just pointing out that the associatives existed.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:14 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 485, Transcend wrote:Gerry is mighty scummy i admit
Anything else Trans? You're much less involved in this game than in any other game I've seen u in.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:20 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 499, Cooperative Sheep wrote:Sure! I noted people getting all excited to apply newb tells to him, while failing to note that a newb tell is alignment neutral. They would even say things like 'he's either newb town, or newb scum due to X' while Rauth was actively claiming to be newb - which is a bit like saying I have a sheep for an avatar. Sure, it's true - but it's of no benefit to figuring out my alignment, so why bother bringing it up? I was pointing out that people were doing IIoA because they were saying things tht might look like scumhunting - but which are assuredly not.
Kinda disagree w/ this. Claiming to be a noob is something that can be AI. I'm sure u've heard the term "playing the noob card" as a scum tactic?

I don't think you can "play the sheep-avatar card". :P
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:24 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 514, Grendel wrote:I'm probably voting Gerry since I already had a mild suspicion on his slot.
What do you mean by "already" ? Like you suspected him before RC started to push him? If so, what were u suspicious about?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:25 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 516, Grendel wrote:Not to mention that there has been zero resistance to my wagon.
This isn't really true.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:36 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

gerryoat still sounds genuinely dishonoured and demands justice:
In post 472, gerryoat wrote:lmao whenever you brag about how good you think you are, i'm gonna post this game
@gerryoat

What's your position on RC at the mo:
- "ego"-fueled townie strong-arming a lynch on his scum-read?
- do you still stand by the
scum-trying-to-extend-RVS
theory? Or have you revised your read on it?
- are you null on his "manbaby" conviction?
- I noticed you didn't flag Grendel for having RC as one of his strongest town-reads. You were concerned with his SR of you, and his TR of Ali. Does that mean you are ok with someone hard-town-reading RC?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:38 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 530, Grendel wrote:Enlighten me behind the genius of Coopsheep's opening.
The thing about Rauth and vifam not mentioning the cop claim @ all in their accessment of RC v Gerry was a great point that nobody else had thought to bring up.

I also liked him calling out how Vifam said he didn't want to lynch gerry. Vif has since said he wasn't scumreading gerry but I also didn't read it that way.

Rest of his post had a bunch of reads I mostly agreed w/.

I think the only thing I'm not on the same page w/ coopsheep is that I lean scum on Rauth.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:39 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 537, Vifam wrote:Yeah but like Grendal said on this page it's weird how he points out Grendal made a good point about Rau, but goes on to vote him without a word
Scum can make good points.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:50 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 571, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 567, gerryoat wrote:why do you think i'm mafia?
I think I've already been over this... Oh. Hmm, I should clarify something.

I think either you or RC is scum. I have said that before. I'd rather lynch you before RC because of RC's claim
I still think this is an unsatisfactory answer from Rautherdir.

"I think gerryoat/RC is SvT or TvS" -
please explain why there MUST be scum in gerryoat and RC
(exclusive of RC PR-claiming).

At the moment, I feel like Rautherdir has parked an unsupported scum-read on gerryoat that he'll likely return to when things start getting sexual (probably near MC Hammer Time).

I want the full scum-feelings
now
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:09 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 174, Keyser Söze wrote:Not convinced by Rauth so far. I want to see him upset an active player. Feels like he's trying to play a safe game. Once I see his teeth I may get a better look inside his soul.
Why would seeing him purposely upset active players make you feel better about his alignment?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:09 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 183, gerryoat wrote:if i keep them to myself, how can i help town
By not helping scum.
In post 189, gerryoat wrote:how are my reads terrible? how do you know grendel is town?
Why are your reads good? How do you know Grendel's scum?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:10 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 390, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 114, Rautherdir wrote:I have no idea what is happening but I guess it's RVS so I'll just vote someone.

VOTE: Akarin
Scummy post
No, your reply is the actually definition of scummy. Where's your vote? Where are the attempts to dig? Do you not care why he thinks Gerry is scum and RC is town?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”