Mini 1875: Pine's Death Trap Post Game - Town win!

Cooperative Sheep
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by Cooperative Sheep »

Spoiler: Garrulous Grendel
In post 516, Grendel wrote:I don't understand the purpose of my wagon.

For instance I noticed a lack of "Grendel is scum comments".

That'd suggest that my wagon is supposed to be for pressure. Whats off though is that given that there are other players out that that have garnered actual suspicion my wagon just seems like... an excuse? The very same people on my wagon have proclaimed other players as scummy, but opted to pressure vote me instead. So, why are ppl so afraid to vote their scum reads?

I seem to recall Kiser being the only one actually suspicious of my slot. I don't recall the same for the rest. :/

Not to mention that there has been zero resistance to my wagon.
The purpose for your wagon would be pressure and to see what happens - also, it's not like I town read you, and I do town read someone voting you. Is it really that strange of a wagon to you? This feels like a very normal strategy and not something surprising or unusual.

I agree there has been very little resistance to your wagon - I'm not sure I care to come all the way along the primrose path you'd like to have laid out in that regard, especially with your choice of the other hot topic wagon option for your vote, but I do agree with the statement.
In post 517, Grendel wrote:
In post 412, Cooperative Sheep wrote:
In post 407, Vifam wrote:If I had to put money on it Id say RC is town, I dont wanna lynch Gerry or RC today tho
Why do you not want to lynch Gerry? He seems a perfectly fine lynch option.

I don't really see the Keyser love, but neither do I have an issue with the play from that slot so...I
kinda tend to expect him to be town
and at least one of the fanboi's to be scum sheeping him.
I see RC as town.
I'd be happy to lynch Gerry.
I also am not overly fond of Alisae or Vifam and would consider them secondary scum reads at this stage.
I don't share the Rauth dislike, he's a clear newb so pointing out a newbtown or newbscum issue with him is a bit like telling me grass is green. IIoA ahoy!

In the spirit of the purpose of this alt;
Vote: Grendel
Gives piece meal statements about Gerry being a good wagon then votes Grendel b/c, " lol, Its my flavor"

Has a null read on Keyser. Which means that Sheep is sheeping a null read, while ignoring a wagon started by a town read (RC) on a slot he thinks is a good lynch (Gerry).

Huh.
Bolded something you might have missed - hope that helps.
With the revelation that I stated a town read on Keyser - how does that affect/not affect your stance as softly presented here?
In post 522, Grendel wrote:Sheep's vote was the turning point for my wagon's pick up.

Yay/Nay?
Yay - it's not even a question, it was the obvious tip point. Now, from that observation, what conclusion do you draw?
In post 525, Grendel wrote:
In post 502, Cooperative Sheep wrote:The above within the concept that Gerry is scum, naturally.
I really dislike how they keep batting about their potential scum reads, meanwhile voting somebody who isn't even mentioned as a tertiary scum read.

It doesn't make any sense.
Why doesn't it make sense? I am unaware of having a pre defined meta of aggro tunnel on Day 1, so exploring other lynch options seems perfectly reasonable.
If I had said 'I suspect Grendel because my strongest town read is voting him, so I'll sheep' would that have abolished your stated issue? (because...well, I kinda did say exactly that) and if it doesn't abolish your issue, why not?

In post 537, Vifam wrote:Yeah but like Grendal said on this page it's weird how he points out Grendal made a good point about Rau, but goes on to vote him without a word
What about my direct request that he sheep me onto Grendel - does that make his vote shift more or less suspect? Because since his vote was on RC doing nothing, and his Rau point didn't make him move his vote, we kind of have two possibilities.

1. The one you and Grendel are shopping - that he is scum who is indifferent about where he votes as long as he lynches town.

2. That he is town who doesn't have a strong enough opinion yet to marry himself to a wagon.

Both options seem quite feasible at this stage of the game - why do you classify it as "weird" and thus suspect it is scummy? Like, I never directly explained my scum read on Grendel, and poked at you more than I have Gerry (while calling you a lesser suspect) am I "weird" also? You're calling me town, so that seems like I'm missing something in how you're processing these issues.
Cooperative Sheep
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Cooperative Sheep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by Cooperative Sheep »

In post 548, Keyser Söze wrote:Plus, his explicit and balanced explanations of his reads and positions so far complement his 'looking for answers' persona. He posts in a style which will be hard to lynch.
Aw, thank you, that is part of my general secondary goal with this alt.
I'm still working on whether the primary goal does or doesn't parse, but that will likely take a few games to even begin to process, naturally.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 430, Rautherdir wrote: Seriously?
Transcend, remind me again why you are voting me.
Please respond. I would actually like to know why you are voting me.

VOTE: Transcend

As to why I never commented on Grendel's wagon, I didn't have enough information to make a read on Grendel.

And as to Gerry... I'm just going to ignore him for a while. I'll probably support a wagon on him later on though, when I don't have anyone else to bother. I'm trying to avoid the tunneling problem I had last game.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

@Pine VC please.

I am liking Grendel's 'comeback'. The tone is very coarse and probing, different to his earlier posts. He feels motivated now.
UNVOTE: Grendel
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 542, Grendel wrote:
In post 541, gerryoat wrote:
In post 539, Grendel wrote:Gee thanks,

for being so uncharacteristically chivalrous towards your 2nd highest scum read.
it's only ~20 pages in? I'm not gonna wanna quick lynch someone over first brush reads
idk I just feel like you are tip toeing around me rn.

I know you're capable of being agro as either alignment, and appeasing as either alignment, but something feels wrong here.
lmao ok
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 547, Grendel wrote:tbh there are a lot of players I might need to look at. LIke I haven't checked out most of my null reads.

Keyser Söze, RadiantCowbells,
Alisae, mattblackguy,
Rautherdir, Lil Uzi Vert, Akarin, JarJarDrinks, Transcend,
Vifam, Cooperative Sheep,
gerryoat

I can elaborate on most my reads per request.

Right now I'm feeling like calling it a night on my end.
elaborate on your read on me
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by Akarin »

Sorry, I got distracted by real life. Going to sleep now but I didn't forget about this game! I'll catch up and post tomorrow afternoon.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

What do you think of the associatives between Transcend and Gerryoat?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 552, Rautherdir wrote:I'm just going to ignore him for a while. I'll probably support a wagon on him later on though, when I don't have anyone else to bother.
what??? lol. explain this
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

-- Yeah I agree I don't like this reaction at all either. He responded there like he knew you were a cop, yet all this time he was arguing with you he called you scum. Most of the arguments against each other was kinda bullshit but this seems valid.

-- Why do you keep saying that RC is scumreading you because you are scumreading him? You are misrepping the reason he is scumreading him.

-- I agree

-- Not sure why more people aren't agreeing with this because this is how I felt about the exchange

-- I liked this post, but I don't understand why you say you'd be happy to lynch Gerry, but then voted Grendel. Why was Grendel a better use for your vote than Gerry if you thought Gerry could be scum? At this point in time Grendel was null for me. I understand that you're name is "sheep" but Gerry also had 2 votes at the time you could have sheeped that wagon too.

--Dumb reason for why you don't want to lynch Gerry. Imo the only reason why you wouldn't want to lynch someone is if you think they're town, and I don't believe you said you were townreading Gerry. Could just be useless post, and NAI though. Hard for me to tell.

-- Good analysis, and I agree.

--Why did you jump on the Grendal train though? Was he your top scumread at the time? If he was then why?

-- So you didn't jump on the Grendel wagon because you were scumreading him? You only jumped on to appeal to the two people you were townreading? I don't see how this is coming from a town mindset at all.

{Alisae,Grendel}
{RC,Keyser,Sheep}
{Vifam}
{Gerry,JarJar}

I'm fine with a Gerry lynch today, but I don't think 464 should ever come from any non-newbie town player.

VOTE: JarJar
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I don't townread JarJar but I don't think that 464 is a great reason to vote him.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 559, mattblackguy wrote:Alisae
how do you tr alisae
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 561, gerryoat wrote:how do you tr alisae
I liked his interactions with you, and RC. Just felt genuine to me.

Why exactly do you SR alisae?
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by gerryoat »

He wasn't even talking about much. How does that make him your top TR lmfao. And just based on past experience with him, i thought he was defensive at something that didn't need defense for.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 558, gerryoat wrote:
In post 552, Rautherdir wrote:I'm just going to ignore him for a while. I'll probably support a wagon on him later on though, when I don't have anyone else to bother.
... Have I ever townread you? You and Transcend are my strongest scumreads so far. I happen to be pestering Transcend right now, and after that I'll be poking around for other scumreads. If neither of those plans pan out into a lynch I'll be getting on your wagon.

And before anyone else brings it up, I should have said I was ignoring Gerry talking about me, not ignoring him completely.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by Pine »

==> Vote Count 1.3 <==

With 13 votes in play, it's 7 to lynch!

Denailing is among the most common and brutal methods of interrogating, and consists of yanking the victim's finger- and/or toenails out whole. This is a particularly agonizing means of coercing information, particularly given the horrifying anticipation that it will happen to you nineteen more times. Eighteen, seventeen, sixteen...

Interesting side note: The mod actually suffered a denailing once. In September of 2015, he was shifting position in the back of an ambulance when his partner hit a bump. Said bump jammed his left middle fingernail into the tiny gap between a ceiling light fixture and the ceiling, then slammed him back down onto the bench seat. The fingernail stayed jammed in the light fixture - his finger did not. He considers the incident the single most painful experience of his life, though he of course took it like a man and refused the supervisor's offer of the rest of the day off. It caused him great pain for a full month, including during his wedding, and took approximately four months to grow back.[/color]

[L-7]
Alisae -

[L-5]
Grendel - Cooperative Sheep, JarJarDrinks

[L-7]
Akarin -

[L-6]
Rautherdir - Transcend

[L-4]
gerryoat - RadiantCowbells, Alisae, Grendel

[L-5]
JarJarDrinks - Vifam, mattblackguy

[L-7]
Lil Uzi Vert -

[L-6]
Transcend - Rautherdir

[L-7]
Cooperative Sheep -

[L-7]
Keyser Söze -

[L-6]
Vifam - gerryoat

[L-6]
mattblackguy - Lil Uzi Vert

[L-7]
RadiantCowbells -

Waiting for their DOOM
- Akarin, Keyser Söze

Akarin will be prodded

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2017-02-12 15:02:00)
Last edited by Pine on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 560, RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't townread JarJar but I don't think that 464 is a great reason to vote him.
Voting someone because someone tells you to vote them, and not because you scumread them raises red flags for me.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 564, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 558, gerryoat wrote:
... Have I ever townread you? You and Transcend are my strongest scumreads so far. I happen to be pestering Transcend right now, and after that I'll be poking around for other scumreads. If neither of those plans pan out into a lynch I'll be getting on your wagon.

And before anyone else brings it up, I should have said I was ignoring Gerry talking about me, not ignoring him completely.
ok the last line is better. but the way you explained it made no sense. why do you think i'm mafia?
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 563, gerryoat wrote:He wasn't even talking about much. How does that make him your top TR lmfao. And just based on past experience with him, i thought he was defensive at something that didn't need defense for.
I see a lot of townies that get defensive when they feel they are being unjustifiably scumread. I didn't feel that was scummy.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 559, mattblackguy wrote:{Alisae,Grendel}
Yeah, why AM I a top townread?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 563, gerryoat wrote:He wasn't even talking about much. How does that make him your top TR lmfao. And just based on past experience with him, i thought he was defensive at something that didn't need defense for.
I'm playing differently.
I must be scum.
Am I rite?

Your attack on how I'm playing it shitty.
GTKAS
| here.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:54 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 567, gerryoat wrote:
ok the last line is better. but the way you explained it made no sense. why do you think i'm mafia?
I think I've already been over this... Oh. Hmm, I should clarify something.

I think either you or RC is scum. I have said that before. I'd rather lynch you before RC because of RC's claim.

Now please note: I haven't had a good chance to look at everyone else yet. Some people haven't been able to post much, and others haven't posted anything that really makes me want to look at them closer. As we get further into this day and I have more time that will change, and so will my reads. Once I can get a read on most everyone I'll be pushing a lynch in earnest.

If you're town Gerry you shouldn't be worried because I should be able to figure out by then if you don't fit on the scumteam.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:01 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 571, Rautherdir wrote:I think either you or RC is scum
why?
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 569, Alisae wrote:
In post 559, mattblackguy wrote:{Alisae,Grendel}
Yeah, why AM I a top townread?
In post 562, mattblackguy wrote:
In post 561, gerryoat wrote:how do you tr alisae
I liked his interactions with you, and RC. Just felt genuine to me.

Why exactly do you SR alisae?
That coupled with I'm always a little more cautious with more experienced players because I don't know how well they can fake their town game puts you and Grendel at the top for me.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by gerryoat »

^ that makes no sense lol

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”