League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Post by Psyche »

finally lvl7 w ivern
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:44 am

Post by Maestro »

Camille is ridiculous, for those who don't know. Hookshot is one of the most abusable skills I've ever seen on a champion, and Q's AA reset feels amazing to use in-lane for CSing (top) or for Relic procs (support).
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:28 am

Post by Psyche »

her personality reminds me so much of lissandra
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:28 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Got tired of playing support in shit elo.

Queue up for mid/sup

Still get sup all the time. I thought this shit was fixed.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Papa Zito »

If you just play carry mages botlane it's almost the same
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 2478, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:Got tired of playing support in shit elo.

Queue up for mid/sup

Still get sup all the time. I thought this shit was fixed.
What do you mean "fixed"? That's the system operating exactly as intended. If you include support in your pref positions, or if you select fill when you support a lot, the system will give you support because it's almost always (still) the highest in demand.

The system fills based on the demand, and when you see "Autofill Activated" at the bottom of the lobby that means it takes your prefs into account even less. What's to "fix"? The only way to "fix" it is to get people to select roles with the perfect distribution to get teams where everybody has their first choice...which is... unreasonable?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:45 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 2480, Maestro wrote:when you see "Autofill Activated" at the bottom of the lobby that means it takes your prefs into account even less.
that's what needs to be fixed. If I want top and mid, its cause I want to play top and mid. I didn't ask for adc. I'd rather wait a 10min queue time than get autofilled into a 40min game in a role I didn't want in the first place.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:22 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

The trick to not getting autofilled is to re-queue after being in queue for 3-4mins and to also requeue if someone dodges out of a lobby and you go back in queue. In both cases it considers you as having been waiting a long time and starts to autofill you.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:55 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 2481, Nosferatu wrote:I'd rather wait a 10min queue time than get autofilled into a 40min game in a role I didn't want in the first place.
If Autofill is activated, it means more people disagree with rather than agree with this sentiment, or it means that the system isn't necessarily able to fill the requests of all people who think this way. IMHO, you should click Fill or Support for a game or two, after which point you'll be protected against this (like I am the vast majorioty of the time) and THEN you can think this way and get upset if it doesn't happen. "Do the time" like everybody else. :yawn:
( I love that new emoji )

PEDIT: Note that when I say "do the time" I don't even mean play ADC or Support or whichever-role-is-in-meta-as-least-desirable-for-most-players, I mean play whichever role you're given when you click Fill or Support, and then you'll be in the clear to play how you will.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:55 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 2482, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:The trick to not getting autofilled
This really only applies if it doesn't say "Autofill Activated", correct?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:00 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 2483, Maestro wrote:
In post 2481, Nosferatu wrote:I'd rather wait a 10min queue time than get autofilled into a 40min game in a role I didn't want in the first place.
If Autofill is activated, it means more people disagree with rather than agree with this sentiment, or it means that the system isn't necessarily able to fill the requests of all people who think this way. IMHO, you should click Fill or Support for a game or two, after which point you'll be protected against this (like I am the vast majorioty of the time) and THEN you can think this way and get upset if it doesn't happen. "Do the time" like everybody else. :yawn:
( I love that new emoji )

PEDIT: Note that when I say "do the time" I don't even mean play ADC or Support or whichever-role-is-in-meta-as-least-desirable-for-most-players, I mean play whichever role you're given when you click Fill or Support, and then you'll be in the clear to play how you will.
I don't follow your reasoning.

If auto-fill is on it's because people want certain roles, not that they want to wait less time. If they wanted to wait less time, they'd queue for low-demand positions and wait less time than even auto-fill.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:18 am

In post 2484, Maestro wrote:
In post 2482, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:The trick to not getting autofilled
This really only applies if it doesn't say "Autofill Activated", correct?
No it works if it does say autofill activated.

Not sure but rn for ranked for me autofill is always activated and if I ever get autofilled I get 2 games of guaranteed one of my primary or secondary ("you recently autofilled or played support so you're guaranteed one of your primary or secondary").

I also get guaranteed one of primary or secondary in promos/series.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:20 am

But you only really get autofilled if you've been in queue for a while and the system just wants you to be put into a game already. So re-queue every 3-4mins of waiting or when someone dodges lobby.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:56 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

In post 2479, Papa Zito wrote:If you just play carry mages botlane it's almost the same
I wish that were true, but the disparity in games at silver is just so bad that it's sometimes literally uncarryable. Had a botlane as zyra where me and my sivir managed to roam all three outer towers to kill them. Then we still lost because we had a full damage xin and a tank veigar

Had a game where I managed to make my Vayne fed. Meanwhile, top went 0-5, lost two towers and then ragequit leaving us with a fed akali who could oneshot our vayne.

Then had another game where people were already argueing in champ select and someone "accidently" banned yasuo who someone else wanted to pick, so that person was just hellbent to feed his ass off.

Some nights of league. Ugh
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:58 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 2485, zoraster wrote:If auto-fill is on it's because people want certain roles, not that they want to wait less time.
I never said that "Autofill Activated" was because people wanted to wait less time...? I did say that if people want to wait less time
AND
get "Autofill Protection" for some of their games, they can auto-Fill themselves...? Maybe that's where I confused you.

I'm drawing a distinction between "Autofill", the feature that Riot has in place to fill games quicker and sometimes disregard player queue prefs, and "auto-Fill", when a player selects "Fill" in either pref slot to get in a game faster. The former is something I don't mind because if a player is subject to the Autofill feature they then get "Autofill Protection", which disables the feature
for them specifically
in their next 2 games (or whatever it actually is). The latter I also think is a good thing, since it allows you to manually bypass the Autofill feature (via the same "Autofill Protection) for the 2 games (or whatever) after the game in which you've selected Fill as one of your prefs.
In post 2486, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Not sure but rn for ranked for me autofill is always activated and if I ever get autofilled I get 2 games of guaranteed one of my primary or secondary ("you recently autofilled or played support so you're guaranteed one of your primary or secondary").

I also get guaranteed one of primary or secondary in promos/series.
Yeah, I knew all that. It's why I really like the system; all of that is good IMO. It's a small price to pay to play Support / the-least-desirable-FOTM sometimes if it means I get guaranteed pref for a couple games. And the fact that it isolates promos/series is awesome.

What I was confused about RE: your tactic(s) for never getting Autofilled was my understanding of the system. I was under the impression that, for all intents and purposes, it sort of adds a 3rd pref ("Fill") when the Autofill feature is active for the queue you're in. That way it can dump you in whatever role it wants if it has a group that needs to be completed with a certain role so that they can get in a game. If you're the odd one out, and you get Autofilled into that final role the system needs, you get "Autofill Protection" for your next 2 games (or whatever it actually is). I wouldn't think that would all be bypassed by re-queuing every 3-4 min or whenever anybody dodges in a Champion Select lobby, but I don't know the code or anything and I'm only making educated assumptions on how it works.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:00 am

Post by MTD »

Just main support and you never get autofilled anyway :)
still the same old MTD
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:00 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 2488, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:
In post 2479, Papa Zito wrote:If you just play carry mages botlane it's almost the same
I wish that were true, but the disparity in games at silver is just so bad that it's sometimes literally uncarryable. Had a botlane as zyra where me and my sivir managed to roam all three outer towers to kill them. Then we still lost because we had a full damage xin and a tank veigar

Had a game where I managed to make my Vayne fed. Meanwhile, top went 0-5, lost two towers and then ragequit leaving us with a fed akali who could oneshot our vayne.

Then had another game where people were already argueing in champ select and someone "accidently" banned yasuo who someone else wanted to pick, so that person was just hellbent to feed his ass off.

I think you're describing a different problem there. Having bad teammates doesn't prevent you from playing carry mages as supports. Actually it argues even more in favor of doing so. Sure you'll have uncarryable games but that's true at any elo.
Kappa
Just Monika
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:47 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

I guess thats true. But it becomes frustrating to a point where you'll actually doubt if youre playing the correct champs in say zyra, velkoz and tahm
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 2488, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:

high bronze/low silver ELO are horrible. people know how to push a lead but not how to play from behind so coming back is really hard.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:17 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

i have now had trolls or inting in 3 of my last 4 games -_-
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Papa Zito »

These posts are great examples of why I only want to play with 5-player premades from now on.
Kappa
Just Monika
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:33 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Yeah but I dont have 4 friends lol
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by Cabd »

Okay so filed under "Teamcomps that shit on your opponents in Bronze because teamfight city":

Naut-Lee-Yas-Ashe-Nami

The enemy team was pretty pissed.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

How about the classic Yasuo/Malphite/Oriana/Ashe/Sona
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

As a note regarding the auto-fill shit;

I ran into a problem a month back similar to what a few streamers were running into with the autofill in that multiple people would get auto-filled even though you could easily be reorganized into a better setup.

For example i normally have jungle/mid as my picks, my mate who i was flexing with had support/fill, and the guy who got jungle has top/mid

The game put me in support, my mate in top, and the other random in jungle, even though we could easily be rearranged properly.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.

Return to “The Arcade”