Mafia 74: Minimally Flavoured - Game over!

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:57 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote: Bookitty
for making me laugh. Unacceptable!
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:55 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Unvote, Vote: Xylthixlm

OMGUS! I'll show YOU a bandwagon.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:17 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Unvote, Vote: The Fonz

Fonz, surely you noticed that though it says townsperson under his name, he's talking like, and now told us, that he's played a lot on other sites. That was a pretty shaky reason to go after Bookitty.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:15 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Xylthixlm wrote:All this productive discussion is good, but we need more votes on OGML to go with it.
I love you too
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:59 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Mills wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Disciple Slayer
the Village Idiot

I refer you to his generally unhelpful posts in this thread and this game (http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6636) where he manages to also be a retard. Also he seems to be lynched a lot on Day One so let's not break the trend!
Mills, this is generally unhelpful. Maybe you want to give DS a chance to speak for himself here, as he said he will as soon as he's back after Christmas, rather than just urging his lynch for meta reasons before he's really even done anything.

egruntz I'm leaning much more towards being pro-town, based on his being quickly forthcoming on the issue of the misquoting, although he is still very wrong about wanting a no lynch today. It seems like the majority of the town knows this though, so we're not in danger of actually voting for that.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #75 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Unvote, Vote: Mills

Like I already said, waiting for DS to at least say something in his defense before you bring out this rhetoric against him would be a good idea. I'm really uncomfortable with the way you're talking about going after him at this stage in the game for what you perceive to be bad play in other games.
Snaps_the_Pirate wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:egruntz is trying very hard to be helpful to the town.
Sometimes a player that appears to be trying too hard to help the town, actually
is
trying to help the town. I get the feeling this is the case with Egruntz.
QFT. I imagine egruntz is trying to use his mind and his vote to help the town in the way he thinks is best. It just so happens he has a different view of how day one should go down from the majority here.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #96 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:37 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Xylthixlm, any reason for your desire to always be bandwagoning somebody?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #116 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Mills did try to make a case against DS based on previous games played rather than whats going on here. Also this:
Mills wrote:Also he seems to be lynched a lot on Day One so let's not break the trend!
and this:
Mills wrote:Are lynchers even possible in minimally flavoured games?
as his reaction to the suggestion make it seem not so outlandish at all to me.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #182 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:00 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Unvote: Mills

I actually don't see the above as an OMGUS argument, rather I think mills makes a good point about CKD's input and general activity level. Certainly enough to erase my original suspicions that were the basis of my vote.

Phate, you started off the game announcing that you'd be V/LA so your absence is excused, but since returning you've done nothing but have a discussion about what constitutes anti-town and whether snaps talks too much. Trying to stay off the map?

Xylthixlm, you've been making me uneasy lately. Could just be your playstyle, but I'd like to hear more out of you that just one liners, and you've been way too focused on the way that snaps has been writing rather than whats actually going on in the game. Also this:
Xylthixlm wrote:Sufficiently bad idiots can be antitown without being scum.
really struck me the wrong way. Lets leave the stupid people alone and go after the scummy people, shall we?
Vote: Xylthixlm
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #304 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:13 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

OK, Xyl, you've more than reassured me, so thank you for addressing that. The biggest reason for my vote was because I think the DS bandwagon and constant talk of egruntz' no-lynch theory were consuming too much of the town's attention and I wanted to get people to look elsewhere.

Unvote, Vote: Mills

I'm still of the opinion that the way the bandwagon started was BS, which was my original reason for voting mills. Since then he's made some good points on other matters, specifically CKD, who still needs to respond to the issues brought up. However, in the past few pages Mills has been extremely overreactive, and having done a reread of his posts from the beginning, the way he started the DS bandwagon still looks scummier than hell.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #310 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Mills wrote:I sent this to Elias.

"Please replace me. I don't have the patience for the play styles on this forum (which for the most part seem to be 'disappear for several days at a time'). Sorry for any inconvenience."

Ultimately I suppose it doesn't concern me if you choose to think I'm lying and lynch whoever replaces in - I won't be posting again.

Good luck everyone.
*facepalm*
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #356 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:50 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I'm sticking with my vote of Mills/Antithesis. Sorry he had to replace into such dire straits, but between Mills very scummy actions which warranted my vote in the first place and his utter meltdown and withdrawal from the game, I'm all for his lynch today.

CKD, liamcool and patch15 are all looking pretty shifty to me, none of them are posting any contributions, just filler. They seem to be trying to look active without being active enough to attract any attention. Patch especially has been a non-entity, just throwing a vote at liamcool in post 234 with utterly abysmal reasoning.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #358 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:29 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Post 304 is where I lay out why I'm putting my vote on mills.

Look at Posts 55 and 70 for the poor reasoning to start the DS bandwagon. You can find the emotional outbursts in the past few pages for yourself if you like as well. When someone asks to be replaced it isn't necessarily a scum tell, but when someone is under serious pressure from multiple people and does so as a result, I find it extremely scummy.

Christ, MafiaScum overloading its CPU quota is making it very hard to post this response
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #368 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:48 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Gee thanks for the input mills. You're a real pal.

Unvote, Vote: CKD
for still not making any contribution even with the deadline fast approaching.

Antithesis, who's looking the most suspicious to you?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #412 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:26 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I know at this point there's no way the eteo lynch will get derailed, but I'm still against it. Yes, that last so called post of his was
exceptionally
obnoxious, but that could come just as easily from fed up or simply apathetic scum or town. The play by DS that got him into the position he was in when eteo replaced was just plain stupid more than it was scummy, and I really believe that his wagon has been orchestrated and ridden by at least one if not more of the scum.

CKD, sorry, but that was total OMGUS directed at me, which you obviously knew when you tried to downplay it by preempting anyone else's comments on this point. The fact that you then use anybody pointing that out as an argument against them is even worse. You wanna know why I came after you instead of the people who were absent altogether? Because I was hoping it would get a reaction out of you, and what do you know, I'm so lucky that between me and Panzer you actually grossly overreacted.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #454 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I find it ironic that the townie(fonz) who came after me when I went after the mafia goon(xyl) also ended up dead. Along with the other person I was suspicious of(CKD). I'm gonna have to go have another look at day one, but right now what people are saying about egruntz is making sense, and his own posts are not doing anything to help his case.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #460 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:40 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I live in New Orleans and it is Mardi Gras weekend, so I will be very very drunk for most of the next five days. I'll be checking the site occasionally but won't be able to really participate until Wednesday, just to give everyone a heads up.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #486 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

omg
vote: egruntz

ps happy mardi gras
pps i'm so drunk
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #502 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I had the same thought about the two different colored mafia, so I don't find that to be a legitimate basis for an attack. I did find it odd, however, that the evidence that really seemed to make egruntz break down was a supposed link with xyl, which may not actually exist if they were in different scum groups.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #543 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:46 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Bookitty wrote: For now, I'm going to

unvote; vote OhGodMyLife
...why? A reason would be helpful if I'm going to say anything in my own defense.

Same goes for Rishi. You voted me yesterday saying you'd come back and give a better explanation later, but never did. All you said at the time was that Fonz and CKD had been on my case. Yes they're both confirmed town, but did you at least take the time to go see that Fonz's reason for voting me was for attacking xyl of all people, who is now confirmed scum? Could you find your own reason for voting instead of latching onto the confirmed townie's misguided reason?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #546 (isolation #20) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:08 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Bookitty, I didn't consider my attack against xyl particularly strong at the time, which is why I was persuaded so quickly to unvote. Fonz's quick defense of him also made me vacillate, because I was getting a pro-town vibe from him regardless of his coming after me. Nobody else seemed to feel suspicious of xyl at all, but I was trying to bring up a topic of discussion aside from DS and egruntz, as I said in the post you quoted. Obviously I failed on that note, as DS/eteo ended up getting lynched anyway. Yeah it looks bad that egruntz did turn out to be newbscum trying to get us to no-lynch, but I honestly just bought the argument that it was just people trying to lynch a newb for newbtells instead of real scum tells.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #576 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

The case against xyzzy has merit to it, but aside from that I can't see what snaps has done all game aside from lurkerhunt and make pretty lists of activity levels. And talk like a pirate even though it wasn't talk like a pirate day. Very much like hiding in plain sight. I could see them being members of opposing scum groups.

FoS: Xyzzy

Vote: Snaps

Bookitty, I've given you my defense to your initial post against me, and you've said yourself that the bit about Fonz's death is extremely WIFOM, so what else can I do to convince you? Have you got anything to say to my last post? You've gone on to discuss the situation several times with various people, but haven't addressed me on the topic again, yet you still keep your vote on me.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #580 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

In my experience, the place where scum hide is in plain sight. Lurkerhunting is in essence looking active and vocal without ever risking a backlash from your actions, because lurkers don't defend themselves.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #582 (isolation #23) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:49 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vollkan, not sure what I can tell you. This looks like the same case bookitty made on me, but bookended by a post-by-post of everything else I've done around it. I've already said what I can about your numbers eight and nine. I was wrong about egruntz. I was right about xyl, and wrong to unvote him, but clearly he was doing a good job since my attack on him brought me under pressure from fonz, a townie.

For the majority of day one I was caught up in trying to untangle the mills/DS saga. Apparently they were both town, so a lot of good it did us.
17: Votes Egr. No explanation
Did it warrant an explanation? He had claimed scum.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #586 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Snaps, I see what you've been doing as staying just on the fringes of the spotlight, in view, but not on anybody's radar until now. I think this is more insidious than the lurkers. The answer there is not to vote for them, but to have them replaced.

I seem to be quickly becoming the heir presumptive to the mantle of next to be lynched, at least among those players who are active. The case against me revolves around the day one interaction with Xyl, which is being read as an attempt to draw heat off of egruntz, or alternately as a distancing attempt with xyl himself. Kind of puts me between a rock and a hard place. I've already said my piece about this, but it seems as though this hasn't helped.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #615 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I've been thinking about this game for a couple of days, and I've come to the conclusion that the best case for the town is actually my lynch today, because the longer I live and the closer we get to LyLo the more likely it becomes that my eventual lynch will lose us the game. Given my poor judgment on day one, I have accepted that my lynch is inevitable, be it today or another day. There are plausible arguments for me to be a member of either scum team, meaning that not only am I scummy looking to town-aligned players, but members of both scum teams probably think I'm on the other one.

FoS: hasdgfas
, you're active in other games but all you can do here is shoot off a one liner and vote liamcool for lurking? Just disinterested in the game, or trying to stay off the map? You rode the DS/eteo wagon all of day one, and haven't really said anything day two or three.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #627 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Panzer, I don't consider what I'm doing giving up. I truly believe if I am left alive, it will be detrimental to the town. This is not a gambit. I am a vanilla townie, I am not a power role, so my loss is not a big one, but if I am left alive there will always be a question mark next to my name because of how I played on day one and the cases brought against me by Bookitty and Vollkan. They were good cases. I got bitched around a lot D1 and it makes me look like a likely member of either scum team. I also had real life issues that made me fairly lurky throughout day one. I'm all but positive that I will be lynched eventually, and I want that to be today instead of when we're approaching LyLo. Today my lynch won't cost the town the game, but it will get a major distraction out of the way.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #631 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:16 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Skruffs wrote:Are there any lurkers snaps HASN'T gone after?
Snaps wrote:Rishi: Replaced in late in day one. Pointed out that Xylthixlm and Egruntz names are different colors. As I stated earlier, I don’t see this as a scum or innocent tell as both are likely to point out the difference. However, this seems to be his only contribution to the game.
Actually, yeah. He points out here how Rishi has been inactive, but neglects to call him scummy for it, and later in one of his postcount posts he notes Rishi's low activity levels and voting pattern, but again ignores him in favor of calling out xyzzy and liamcool on their lurking.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #635 (isolation #28) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Rishi, 26 pages and three days in is still the early game?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #661 (isolation #29) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:56 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Rishi wrote:
vollkan wrote:
Rishi wrote: Plus, I replaced into this game fairly late, at the very end of Day 1. Day 2 was ridiculously short. So, for me, it still feels like the early game. There's a colossal difference between reading the first 20 pages and actually participating in the first 20 pages.
Is this an excuse?

Please respond to what has been said. I replaced in too, and I've managed to pull my weight in analyses. Not having played is not an excuse. It just means you need to try and make an extra effort.
I think it's bad policy to criticize people for replacing in and expecting them to do MORE work. I read the first 20 pages and have been participating. Why would anyone want to replace into a game if they're going to get crap like this?

This makes me want to participate LESS, not MORE.
So you expect to just be given a free pass because you're a replacement?

Unvote, Vote: Rishi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”