Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by Regfan »

@Dunn - So if you think the entire flaw in the pairing thing is that I haven't included SuperHans why not just state that initially? The way you went about it is actully very scum motivated. I've touched on SH-TB and SH-Dave briefly below and think they're not highly likely pairings or anything but can do a more detailed look later but for me to do that you're going to have to explain what about the town read on him you disagree with and why; also why you think he's currently scum.
In post 2166, Regfan wrote:Mentioned it earlier but I'm growing increasingly more confident in SuperHans being town via his play throughout the day, I think his section where he believed Gamma was still alive and was defending him in Post 1715, Post 1719 and his reaction to it being revealed in Post 1727 is something unlikely to come from scum given what happened yesterday (Someone that dumbtelled got lynched) and I think as mafia he'd have been fairly aware that Gamma was dead unless there was a last minute target change from his partner. I liked the prodding of Dave in Post 1746 and Post 1747 and also ThingBig in Post 2055 and Dave again in Post 2087- don't think he outs information like that as a partner. I really found his interaction with Desperado especially in Post 1796 to come across as town. I liked his reaction towards TB contemplating selfhammering in Post 2066 and Post 2067. Really do find his play throughout this day phase as him attempting to get information and solving this.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by Realeo »

I was under the impression of Dunn townreading SH because Dunn agrees that SH dumbtell is towny.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I did think that, but I'm reconsidering associations with dave

if not SH, it might be dave-desperado

I fear that if desperado is scum people were setting me up as his partner for ~reasons~ mostly based on him
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Regfan »

That's not going to cut it Dunn, what you just stated is massively hypocritical.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2200, Regfan wrote:@Dunn - So if you think the entire flaw in the pairing thing is that I haven't included SuperHans why not just state that initially? The way you went about it is actully very scum motivated. I've touched on SH-TB and SH-Dave briefly below and think they're not highly likely pairings or anything but can do a more detailed look later but for me to do that you're going to have to explain what about the town read on him you disagree with and why; also why you think he's currently scum.
Actually, I disagree with crossing out dave-desperado as well

You keep saying it's "actually very scum motivated" Why? Because you think your new reads are 100% correct and I'm throwing shade? I'm just considering things, and your scenario would mean I should be voting thinkbig; should I? Because that goes against my instinct
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2203, Regfan wrote:That's not going to cut it Dunn, what you just stated is massively hypocritical.
Please... I wasn't the one who said "the entire flaw around it was..."

You're tunneling on me now
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by Realeo »

I'm more interested in case why SH is possible scum.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Regfan »

Effectively you've stated that you had a town read on SH and only now have him as your top scum pool guess via interactions but dislike how people have you as potential scum via interactions which is exactly what you're doing yourself. Scum motivation x1000.

You've also brought up the Dave-Desperado scum team without commenting on the posts I think make that unlikely; specifically Dave pushing Desperado D1 as a traitor and wanting him lynched; something that's very unlikely to happen between two actual scum members D1 in a game that has 2 unknown PR's.

It's not a case of "You're throwing shade" (By the way I hate the word shade), it's a case of I don't see a genuine town thought process -> action from you here.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Regfan »

I'm not asking you to vote ThingBig? Nor am I asking you to take my analysis as fact? Neither of this has occurred.

I'm asking you to actually explain your reads and stances how you think mine are incorrect.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2207, Regfan wrote:specifically Dave pushing Desperado D1 as a traitor and wanting him lynched; something that's very unlikely to happen between two actual scum members D1 in a game that has 2 unknown PR's.
How many times this game have I talked about this, though? I've made it clear that I don't buy that narrative at all
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

More than once, by the way
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Though I guess what you're saying is bussing is also unlikely there

Which I'll consider
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2207, Regfan wrote:Effectively you've stated that you had a town read on SH and only now have him as your top scum pool guess via interactions but dislike how people have you as potential scum via interactions which is exactly what you're doing yourself. Scum motivation x1000.
I don't know if you're trying to sort me or you really think that

Do you think thinkbig is the "best lynch" information wise? (My explicit problem is that if he's town the only pair that's left is me and desperado)
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 2209, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2207, Regfan wrote:specifically Dave pushing Desperado D1 as a traitor and wanting him lynched; something that's very unlikely to happen between two actual scum members D1 in a game that has 2 unknown PR's.
How many times this game have I talked about this, though? I've made it clear that I don't buy that narrative at all
I endorse this product.

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by Regfan »

I genuinely think the way you've reacted to this whole exchange makes a lot more sense as mafia. Put it this way; as mafia you look at that list and think you're boxed in and the best way to deal with that is throw vague comments out about disagreeing with the list, then when questioned about it throw someone you were town reading into the mix based on interaction analysis while disliking the usage of interaction analysis being used on yourself. I don't actually see much real gamesolving from you here, just options thrown into the mix with minimal backing or deep thought behind them.

I think town are much more likely to attempt to discuss reads here and put their own thoughts forward with their reasoning. I think in particular your stance on SuperHans, ThingBig and Desperado are all very problematic and not well thought out or at least put forward into the thread. I think you agreeing that SuperHans action from earlier makes a lot of sense as town but still maintaining him in your scum pool now has a lot of motivation to do as mafia. I think there's been minimal effort in regards to you solving Deperados alignment especially since he's not in any of your actual scum team guesses but you don't have a town read on him. I liked your town read and defence of ThinkBig earlier in the game but the read and reasoning has remaining fairly static as the games progressed.

The above point is actually a huge concern I have with your play here and points very very heavily towards you being mafia. Would appreciate others actually taking the time to read the above paragraph and then take a look inside Dunns ISO.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by Regfan »

I'm not aiming to lynch solely for "information" today, I'm using the combination of those pools and my reads to decide a lynch eventually.
In post 2213, Realeo wrote:
In post 2209, Dunnstral wrote:
I endorse this product.
I think believing that Dave joined in on a bad push on a town member as mafia is a reasonable stance to take, I don't think that action alone locks Dave in as town, in that regard I agree with Dunnstral. That said I find it highly unlikely mafia use that reasoning to buss a partner D1 when there's no reason to whatsoever.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by Regfan »

Anyway I'll be out for the next ~12 hours (Other than maybe a phone post). I'll get through Dunnstral and ThinkgBigs ISO's when I get back.

Would really appreciate others thoughts on what's happened in the last ~50 posts or so.

Also really want to see some actual content from ThingBig here.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2214, Regfan wrote:I think town are much more likely to attempt to discuss reads here and put their own thoughts forward with their reasoning.
And am I the only one this applies to, because it looks like you're selectively choosing evidence

I can see you're going towards a lynch on me; but then thinkbig gets lynched (almost certainly, with me gone and you nightkilled) which is a pretty good chance of game over in my mind
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

And I'm not sure what you want from me exactly

I'm here, giving my thoughts, you're posting in between my posts to try to find contradictions to stuff I was typing up
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 2217, Dunnstral wrote:And am I the only one this applies to, because it looks like you're selectively choosing evidence
No you're not and no I'm not. I've stated the same concern with Desperado and ThingBig. I also want more from Dave. The only players I can actually see their thought processes put forward in the game to a decent degree is Realeo and SuperHans, I also have an idea where Nydus is but also want more from him.
In post 2218, Dunnstral wrote:And I'm not sure what you want from me exactly
What I want you should be wanting yourself if you're town, to actually solve the game? Your town read on TB is based solely around AH but have ignored TB's play since then despite several people including Realeo presenting evidence that admittedly does point somewhat towards TB being mafia, you've not really commented on much more about him since, it's a pretty weird angle to take as town. Similarly your stance on Desperado is ????? in that you have somewhat of a scum read on him but don't have him in your actual scum team guesses at the moment nor do you look like you're trying to work out his alignment. Your read on SuperHans is even more of a ???? in that you agree with my point that him not knowing Gamma was dead points towards him being town (Which is a fairly strong argument tbqh) yet when you disagreed with my partner analysis he was the first person you pointed to. If you're town I need to actually see thought process / reads from you.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

It's a real drag when I've been pointing things out but my main scumspect is lock town over dumb things I've talked about and my townread is useless/getting run up all game

I am trying to solve the game, I wanted to know if I should be voting thinkbig, because your list only has teams with him and 1 team with me and desperado

I don't think I need to figure out superhans/desperado while dave is alive, because they're unlikely to be scum together. That leaves me with dave. If you want me to go over him again, I can soonish
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by Realeo »

Let me put it another way.

You townread TB because of this.
In post 720, Dunnstral wrote:So tb is likely town because the traitor would know who the scum team is and he went rather hard - unless he was bussing but that's pretty risky

Who were the ones saying desperado was a traitor again?
Do you have extra reason?

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2221, Realeo wrote:Do you have extra reason?
Everyone in the game was scumreading thinkbig except for me and the IC, it makes you wonder
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 2222, Dunnstral wrote:
Everyone in the game was scumreading thinkbig except for me and the IC, it makes you wonder
Did IC even townread him?

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 2222, Dunnstral wrote:
Shouldn't the fact that you're in minority makes you wonder?

Return to “Completed Open Games”