Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:34 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 1924, Realeo wrote:Ah. So it's a case of bad word choice then. You shouldn't say the word Elevator Pitch since the connotation of "Elevator Pitch" is tell everything in short time (ie. "Tell me your startup idea in 30 seconds".) You should have said "Is there anything new or update about your read)
Does "Elevator Pitch" has a different meaning in U.K. Like "Your idea sounds interesting" means "Your idea sucks"

Serious question. I find UK's culture confusing.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:24 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1896, Superhans wrote:
In post 1889, davesaz wrote: [...]
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt instead of power lynching you. I suggest you use that opportunity to up your game.
Lol I can see scum motivation in this post. Threatening Dunnstral for making a case on you. Id like to see you to go ahead and tell me
how
you'd power lynch Dunnstral.
No case can be made, because there is no possible scum motivation in anything I've posted.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:28 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1842, Superhans wrote:A N Y O N E not scumreading either TB or Desperado?
In post 1893, Superhans wrote:@Realo,
Do you think TB's chronic lack of content and originality is necessarily scum? What else do you base your scum read on?
In post 1914, Superhans wrote:
In post 1901, Realeo wrote:Out of topic. Superhans. Why you asked for an elevator pitch? I am still flustered.
Well if u want to lynch TB, pitch it to me.
I'm confused. You think TB is scum but you want others to explain why?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:29 am

Post by Realeo »

See the context. Superhans is actually asking for "Is there anything else"?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:37 am

Post by davesaz »

What I want is for Superhans to answer.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:39 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 1925, Realeo wrote:
In post 1924, Realeo wrote:Ah. So it's a case of bad word choice then. You shouldn't say the word Elevator Pitch since the connotation of "Elevator Pitch" is tell everything in short time (ie. "Tell me your startup idea in 30 seconds".) You should have said "Is there anything new or update about your read)
Does "Elevator Pitch" has a different meaning in U.K. Like "Your idea sounds interesting" means "Your idea sucks"

Serious question. I find UK's culture confusing.
No it's exactly the same meaning as the US. I wanted an elevator pitch, E.g. Desperado to be like I want to lynch TB for x, y and z.

Also I'd like to talk to you about Brexit for sure, but maybe not right now cos it'll probably clog up the thread - look forward to it post game ;)
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:41 am

Post by Superhans »

Idk about TB and Desperado.

Thought Desperado was scum for trying to mis-lynched innocent TB, but now I'm not so sure.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:42 am

Post by Realeo »

I'm trying to think how "Ok Superhans, please tell me again in one post why you want to lynch Desperado" would not piss Superhans off.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:43 am

Post by Realeo »

SH, I think either you are bad at estimating someone's patience or
you are a really really really patient person in real life
What do you for living?

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:49 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 1926, davesaz wrote:
In post 1896, Superhans wrote:
In post 1889, davesaz wrote: [...]
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt instead of power lynching you. I suggest you use that opportunity to up your game.
Lol I can see scum motivation in this post. Threatening Dunnstral for making a case on you. Id like to see you to go ahead and tell me
how
you'd power lynch Dunnstral.
No case can be made, because there is no possible scum motivation in anything I've posted.
Then why did you you say you'd give Dunnstral the benefit of the doubt instead of power lynching when there was no way to lynch Dunnstral anyway?
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:50 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 1933, Realeo wrote:SH, I think either you are bad at estimating someone's patience or
What do you for living?
Study.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:52 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 1935, Superhans wrote:
In post 1933, Realeo wrote:SH, I think either you are bad at estimating someone's patience or
What do you for living?
Study.
You must be one of a heck curious student. :]

nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:12 am

Post by nydushermain »

Oh, I'd like to note I had realeo as town before the check so either way, I think he's good. I'm gonna keep him in the town circle for now but the fact that he's not cleared makes the game a tad bit more difficult. I thought I only had to find 2, in which case I could probably be pretty confident but having to find 3 might be a bit odd... that probably sounds a bit contradictory since I'm saying I had realeo as town anyways but I have a tendency to be wrong somewhere in my town circle when the number of unconfirmed in it become large. I can usually pick a small amount of pretty much guaranteed town and it ends up being right in most games I play.

Regfan, thoughts on realeo outside of the checks?

Also, I still think that TB is most likely town due to the day 1. If dave is indeed town, I have to decide whether or not the rest of the three have genuinely gone on eachother (which I haven't been paying much attention to). What I'm going to be doing is, instead of finding reasons as to why my town circle is correct (which I hope it is because that means I'm a boss), I'm going to change my strategy a little bit and ASSUME my town circle is correct. By doing so, I'll be looking within the 3 players left of desperado, superhans, and dunnstral. Within this, I'm going to set up the 3 worlds of:

Superhans + Desperado
Superhans + Dunnstral
Desperado + Dunnstral

as scum teams and see if I can eliminate any of the worlds. If I believe, with sufficient evidence, that the worlds can not exist, I'll stop pushing that my town circle is correct and then see where the scum can lie inside my town circle.

If people agree with my town circle for now (and by people I mean the people inside my town circle), I suggest you do the same because with 2 entire days of interactions, I think that there's more than likely sufficient associative reads to be had.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:26 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 11, Dunnstral wrote:I've played this setup before and the scum team chose no powers and town got bodyguard and tracker and lost

good thing I wasn't town
Interesting comment now that we know that scum chose a power. Do you think that dunnstral as scum would pick a power after claiming to have won this setup having chosen no powers prior?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:28 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 1937, nydushermain wrote:Also, I still think that TB is most likely town due to the day 1.
You are the person that I am implying when I said, "Townreading without considering the interaction of day 3." I guess I am not good at making sarcasm.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:29 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 1938, nydushermain wrote:
In post 11, Dunnstral wrote:I've played this setup before and the scum team chose no powers and town got bodyguard and tracker and lost

good thing I wasn't town
Interesting comment now that we know that scum chose a power. Do you think that dunnstral as scum would pick a power after claiming to have won this setup having chosen no powers prior?
I would consider it NAI, to be fair. Too speculative. He has a meta of capable of doing literally anything as scum...and town.

nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:36 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 929, Dunnstral wrote:Wait, so goon cop gets a "not goon" result on:

Bulletproof
Role Cop
Jack of All Trades

?
In the future, if realeo ever does become considered potential scum, I think the world of realeo + dunnstral is dead just because of this. I don't think scum!dunnstral would be confused enough to ask this question. I think he'd just be super duper happy that his scum partner got not goon checked.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:38 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 1941, nydushermain wrote:

Bulletproof
Role Cop
Jack of All Trades

?
In the future, if realeo ever does become considered potential scum, I think the world of realeo + dunnstral is dead just because of this. I don't think scum!dunnstral would be confused enough to ask this question. I think he'd just be super duper happy that his scum partner got not goon checked.
The last time we used this logic, a roleblocker is lynched.

@Dunnstral
: When is your last game of STD?

nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:48 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1375, Dunnstral wrote:To be honest, I'm not sure how much I buy kop's claim, this is also the second time today my lynch target has claimed a power role to avoid being lynched so I'm a bit more skeptical

Still, I guess night kills will resolve this as well? So:

VOTE: Davesaz
In post 1459, Dunnstral wrote:Actually, I've got thoughts now:

VOTE: Kop

Think gamma having claimed first so not being able to say he blocked there is a pretty good theory, this looks more like scum fakeclaiming with a lowish amount of prs
In post 1312, Kop wrote:VOTE: Davesaz

I don't think Dunstrall is scum on my wagon, regfan is confirmed town, if I had to choose scum on that wagon, Davesaz, Desperado or Superhans, it's within those 3.
Not sure where these thoughts come from, looks like trying to confuse people with his iso rather than figuring things out...

@Kop why don't you think I'd be scum on your wagon? Why is it between Davesaz, Desperado, Superhans?
I missed this the first time but I'd like to note that you can't possibly believe that night kills would resolve itself because what if gamma was town and kop was scum? What if gamma was town and kop was town? No matter what, if I were scum, I'd target the cop first OR IC if I wanted to cast suspicion on the claims. Regardless, kop is never death # 1 unless kop is town and gamma is scum which I think we were all in agreement that the latter was very unlikely to be the case. How do you decide in post 1459: "actually, now that there are mass claims, kop is scum again" when you thought that in 1375 that you should just wait for night actions to resolve the PR claims? Odd train of logic to me.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:49 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1942, Realeo wrote:
In post 1941, nydushermain wrote:

Bulletproof
Role Cop
Jack of All Trades

?
The last time we used this logic, a roleblocker is lynched.

@Dunnstral
: When is your last game of STD?
Followup question, can you link the game of STD? I couldn't find it in your past threads.

The logic used to lynch kop was one in which we assumed that scum would take 0 powers or many many powers, not just 1 because I personally couldn't see why scum would stop at 1 when combinations of powers seem so much stronger. It had nothing to do with "these 2 can't be partners."
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:51 am

Post by nydushermain »

I don't have the posts saved to prove it but I feel like anyone reading the ISOs can probably say that superhans and dunnstral are unlikely to be partners. That being said, I've only now just finished ISOing dunnstral. I'll work on the other two either later today or in the near future but I think the world, if we assume my town circle is correct, lies in

Superhans + desperado
Dunnstral + desperado

This makes desperado confirmed scum to me so I'll ISO him next to see if my theory has any weight.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:14 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 1944, nydushermain wrote:The logic used to lynch kop was one in which we assumed that scum would take 0 powers or many many powers, not just 1 because I personally couldn't see why scum would stop at 1 when combinations of powers seem so much stronger. It had nothing to do with "these 2 can't be partners."
No. No. You're a short term person.

If you use the logic that [1] scum!Dunn won't say "Phew" so scum!Dunn + scum!Realeo is impossible.

the next step would be

[2] Dunn said "phew" but he had knowledge of this game from previous play, therefore is lying scum for being confused.

I just want to prevent us from getting to [2]. The first step to avoid [2] is to avoid [1]

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:15 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 1945, nydushermain wrote:I don't have the posts saved to prove it but I feel like anyone reading the ISOs can probably say that superhans and dunnstral are unlikely to be partners
May you explain why? I think I would agree, but for different reason.

nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:31 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1946, Realeo wrote:
In post 1944, nydushermain wrote:The logic used to lynch kop was one in which we assumed that scum would take 0 powers or many many powers, not just 1 because I personally couldn't see why scum would stop at 1 when combinations of powers seem so much stronger. It had nothing to do with "these 2 can't be partners."
No. No. You're a short term person.

If you use the logic that [1] scum!Dunn won't say "Phew" so scum!Dunn + scum!Realeo is impossible.

the next step would be

[2] Dunn said "phew" but he had knowledge of this game from previous play, therefore is lying scum for being confused.

I just want to prevent us from getting to [2]. The first step to avoid [2] is to avoid [1]
Not true because he said that in his previous game, the PRs were trackers and bodyguard. I've already assessed that possibility. I believe his confusion is genuine regardless of his alignment. Still sticking to [1] and won't progress to [2] because of what I said above.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:33 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1947, Realeo wrote:
In post 1945, nydushermain wrote:I don't have the posts saved to prove it but I feel like anyone reading the ISOs can probably say that superhans and dunnstral are unlikely to be partners
May you explain why? I think I would agree, but for different reason.
It's just their back and forth towards each other. To be honest, I didn't care for how dunnstral reacted to superhans but it was the quotes that dunnstral made OF superhans that made me think it was less likely. The way that superhans was trying to discredit the reads that dunnstral made, and the way he's talking as if dunnstral was caught scum, etc. just made me feel like they weren't a likely pair. I'm not 100% ruling out the possibility because I don't think either of them voted on each other at opportune moments but still.

Return to “Completed Open Games”