comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by xyzzy »

"I haven't really been trying to get pagetops for the votecounts in this game," says the omnipotent voice in the sky.

"that sure is a series of words that literally any of us find remotely comprehensible," says everyone.

votecount 1.103 players voting for drealmerz7 (Davsto, Aristophanes, lane0168)
2 players voting for lane0168 (Narna, FrankJaeger)
2 players voting for Davsto (McMenno, SnarkySnowman)
2 players voting for McMenno (Desperado, Azral)
1 player voting for Azral (KainTepes)
1 player voting for Aristophanes (ɀefiend)
1 player voting for Desperado (drealmerz7)

1 player not voting (Gamma Emerald)

with 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch

the day will end in (expired on 2017-01-23 18:00:00)

mod notes: FrankJaeger is V/LA until January 23.
Last edited by xyzzy on Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by Narna »

Spoiler: Lane Bomb
In post 396, lane0168 wrote:
In post 382, Narna wrote:I'm thinking Davsto v Dreal is tvt

I'm not sold on Davsto's case on Dreal since Lane is twisting words. I see frustrated town make defenses like Dreal's. However, I agree with pretty much everything in #358.

Lane condenses 3 decent sized posts into like 6 sentences, and ignores some of Dreal's other posts around the time that give context in #361 to load the ever living crap out of the question he asks. The question itself was just going to make Dreal repeat himself (buzzword work) which only makes the game harder to read. He then ends the post on a cute little observation that can't really be disputed, and claims to be arguing on facts. That push is shady. I'm more comfortable with my Lane scumread now.

Ari is my second pick at the moment if Lane doesn't get any takers.
I started with the post that dreal calls davsto the probable town. And the next two posts. Show me the context that I excluded, that matters. He calls davsto the town on his wagon. Davsto gives him pressure. He votes davsto. You're right, my cute little observation can't be disputed, because it's fact. He votes the people that pressure him, and somehow you think that's scum hunting or coming from town. I'm not claiming to be arguing on facts, I am arguing on facts. And you're trying to discredit those facts. Except facts can't be discredited
Dreal mentions how he felt like Davsto was playing safe as well as misrepping him before you posted your Dreal flipflopalop nonsense.
In post 397, lane0168 wrote:@narna, has dreal voted anyone pressuring him at the time? Everyone? Anyone else that hasn't been pressuring him? How can you try to make me look shady when I'm talking about what is actually happening? Like honestly?
The Dreal wagon is lame, and scum is on the wagon. I'd omgus the shit out of that. You're deliberately ignoring motivation, and drawing near baseless conclusions. It looks so forced.
In post 400, lane0168 wrote:
In post 376, Narna wrote:
In post 274, lane0168 wrote:
In post 240, Narna wrote:
In post 238, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 234, Narna wrote:Lane's question to Dreal seems like phony busywork.

VOTE: Lane
Even though it might have been the first non-RVS post made in the game? Someone's gotta get the ball rolling right?
I'm trying to get the ball rolling. Lane didn't really engage rvs at all, and he enters the game trying to break rvs by questioning something that didn't seem alignment indicative to me. Dreal's bit on Frank, and KT's question seem like more genuine attempts to break rvs here.
What is busy about it? You're quick on that I think. One post asking a legitimate question. Can you think of any reasons someone might accidentally pay more attention to votes on one person as opposed to another? You say I enter trying to break rvs. How well do you think town does if rvs never ends? I engaged rvs. I voted mcmenno. Then I saw something that interested me. Why don't you go look at the posts before and after my question, then tell me when rvs ended. Your accusation doesn't make sense on many levels. You might even call it busy work.

Who else is on your suspicion list that didn't really engage in rvs? Are kt and dreal on your list for trying to break rvs? Like you said I was doing?
Both of those votes that Dreal questioned were naked votes, and it seemed pretty apparent he was trying to get more than that out of people. The mcmenno association seems like a safe misrep to get a response and seem like you're scumhunting. The rvs thing was poorly thought out, and pretending to scumhunt fits better than "breaking rvs" considering KT and Dreal's serious posting was just before yours.
My bad there, but the point is still pretty much that the question falsely associates Dreal with Mcmenno.

I wasn't a fan of Snarky's "hurr modvote" or Frank's first joke from rvs. I mentioned that KT and Dreal's attempts at breaking rvs seemed genuine in the post you quoted.
The bolded, can you tell me how it falsely associates dreal with mcmenno? That may be true, but how can you know that our even imply that? There is only one way you could even imply that this early in the game. Town doesn't know. Scum know
You set up a false pretense. I don't think an experienced townie would come out of the gate believing that scum is blatantly defending their buddy from two rvs votes. It's not impossible for Dreal to be on a team with Mcmenno, but it looks like you putting needless spin on something to look busy.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Post by Desperado »

does this really strike you as a game where scum are concerned about looking busy???
;)
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 575, Azral wrote:The town ponders the use of minimalism as a narrative device in game posts.

No idea what anyone would like about that zefiend post.
It's mostly his take on Desperado's 263, particularly the last sentence. Desperado was reaching. The first part was to ask him,
In post 576, ɀefiend wrote:I noticed a few people had questions for me so I'm gonna read up now.
In post 572, Narna wrote:You kind of skirt around your Lane read here, is he off the table for you this phase?
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by Narna »

Ari posts continue to ping me something fierce.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Post by Narna »

Just look at Lane twist Desp's shit in here
In post 591, lane0168 wrote:
In post 589, Desperado wrote:OK, is two days old and absolutely nothing has changed. We have five days.

@ Azral, KainTepes, zefriend, dreal, Gamma:

Why aren't you voting one of dreal/lane/davsto? Your wagon/non vote is doing nothing but you also aren't doing anything to diffuse the leading wagons.

@ Davsto, lane

Seriously, stop voting dreal. Look elsewhere.

@ Narna

Your lane vote blows and you've offered two alternatives "if lane doesn't have any takers." Well, we're here.
"why aren't you guys voting dreal lane or davsto"

"why are you guys voting dreal"

... Did you just suggest dreal as a viable wagon? And then ask why we're voting there? Cause that's weird.

What's id lynch Frank for his bs case on me. And I'd vote Narna if it was worth it.

But I'm staying in dreal, because I'm not voting davsto, and I'm not voting myself. Like you said. 5 days
Does my vote still blow? This is such a scummy way to push people.

@Desperado Do you think Ari is active lurking? Ari actually looks like they are trying to fit in, unlike Mcmenno's lurk.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 602, Desperado wrote:does this really strike you as a game where scum are concerned about looking busy???
I think it's likely before the game settled into it's present state, yes.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:52 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 605, Narna wrote:Just look at Lane twist Desp's shit in here
In post 589, Desperado wrote:OK, is two days old and absolutely nothing has changed. We have five days.

Why aren't you voting one of dreal/lane/davsto? Your wagon/non vote is doing nothing but you also aren't doing anything to diffuse the leading wagons.

@ Davsto, lane

@ Narna

Your lane vote blows and you've offered two alternatives "if lane doesn't have any takers." Well, we're here.

... Did you just suggest dreal as a viable wagon? And then ask why we're voting there? Cause that's weird.

What's id lynch Frank for his bs case on me. And I'd vote Narna if it was worth it.

But I'm staying in dreal, because I'm not voting davsto, and I'm not voting myself. Like you said. 5 days
Does my vote still blow? This is such a scummy way to push people.

@Desperado Do you think Ari is active lurking? Ari actually looks like they are trying to fit in, unlike Mcmenno's lurk.
I wasn't pushing anything here, and honestly how is that twisting words whatsoever? You're making shit up now. You've seen me push dreal, and I've pushed you. Does this really look like a push on desp? Desp is a town read. You're awful. But keep trying
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:55 am

Post by lane0168 »

VOTE: narna
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:53 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

VOTE: lane0168

I might have responses and comments later but I hate lane's attitude and am wary of engaging too much there as I've turned some games toxic lately when getting pissed at someone I think is obvi-scum obvi-scumming it at me (to me.)
balance among all things
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:40 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 604, Narna wrote:Ari posts continue to ping me something fierce.
What is making the Ping?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:34 am

Post by Davsto »

Well rip the dreal wagon then

VOTE: McMenno

Would rather not resort to this but fuckit, I'll keep the push on dreal but vote can go here.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Davsto why have you left me here all alone? :(
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:05 am

Post by Desperado »

@ Lane I get it man, really. But Narna isn't getting lynched today either.
;)
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:14 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 612, Aristophanes wrote:Davsto why have you left me here all alone? :(
Dreal wagon dissolving with lane unvoting (partly because dreal seems to have been posting less lately, what a coincidence!), McMenno is scummy and got an extra vote and is more reasonable to get a vote on within the 4 days, whereas it may take more time to convince a majority about dreal.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:42 am

Post by Narna »

@ Davsto, lane

@ Narna

Lookie me, I'm ignoring the stalled gamestate to throw shade on my own townread.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:57 am

Post by Narna »

In post 610, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 604, Narna wrote:Ari posts continue to ping me something fierce.
What is making the Ping?
It's mostly gut, but I don't see much scumhunting in your posting. You're playing overly safe.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:13 am

Post by Narna »

VOTE: Aristophanes

I find him to be active lurking in a way to actually mask his presence (sheep first real push, throwaway posts, low effort scumhunting). Mcmenno's Britposting may mostly be a lurk, but I'd rather lynch a scumread than policy lynch d1.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:16 am

Post by Desperado »

Narna is scumediating a dispute that doesn't even exist.

He wasn't "throwing shade," he misunderstood what I said and then asked a question about it, which I answered.
;)
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:38 am

Post by Narna »

Why does he need to twist your words, "why are you guys voting Dreal" to ask a question about a misunderstanding? The only way I see someone missing the point of 589 is if they are ignorant of who is on the leading wagons. Considering he and his vote are a part of the leading wagons you asked about, I don't buy it.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Desperado »

It doesn't matter how many times you say it, he did not twist my words. He was confused so he asked me what I said. He didn't throw shade, he didn't approach me with hostility, and he also responded to my question to him constructively as well. Then I cleared up the confusion and we moved along.
;)
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 589, Desperado wrote:@ Davsto, lane

In post 591, lane0168 wrote:"why are you guys voting dreal"
In post 591, lane0168 wrote:... Did you just suggest dreal as a viable wagon? And then ask why we're voting there? Cause that's weird.
"why are you guys voting Dreal" is not what you said, hello?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Desperado »

@ Davsto, lane

@ Narna

Here you go, Narna.
;)
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 614, Davsto wrote:
In post 612, Aristophanes wrote:Davsto why have you left me here all alone? :(
Dreal wagon dissolving with lane unvoting (partly because dreal seems to have been posting less lately, what a coincidence!), McMenno is scummy and got an extra vote and is more reasonable to get a vote on within the 4 days, whereas it may take more time to convince a majority about dreal.
Valid. I'll see about a deadline vote switch, but I hate unvoting scum.
- Jingle
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by McMenno »

man I'm pretty sure aristatuephanes is not scum