Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:35 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1545, Regfan wrote:@Nydus - Personally I think daytalk is underrated as scum and would have probably selected it as well as recruiting the traitor as mafia either that or selected nothing; the rest of the powers don't seem particularly useful to me. I think people look at the setup and roles very differently though but again think the general consensus is people believe lots or none fits for everyone. I very much do think we have a fake claim happening here.

@Desperado - What do you yourself make of the mass-claim results? And why do you think Kops real? This isn't a stance you've shown much inside your ISO; you merely didn't want to lynch a claimed PR earlier.
I was expecting at least another PR claim. But given the lynch pool I don't see which team would take no power--i certainly wouldnt (and haven't as scum in this setup previously).
;)
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:40 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 126, MariaR wrote:Because it's random voting stage and almost every vote there is random I think a few of the questions you asked are blatantly obv questions with obv answers and some seem to have a spin on them I dislike
Mariar's answer to why she voted on dave (in the RVS), and then "seriously" on hans. She doesn't give a real reason for voting on dave other than to say that it was just some RVS vote. I dunno, I really do think she'd have come up with something if dave was a scum partner. Even if it's something small like "I don't like the way he looks"
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:46 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 203, Secret Agent Jin wrote:
In post 202, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Secret Agent Jin

This guys really scummy

Gamma still scummy
U wut m8? Wanna fight about it?
This probably is almost never scum v scum.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:51 am

Post by Regfan »

@Desp - Do you think it's more likely that scum would take 1 power over none then? If so which one? And ignoring the number of PR claims what's your individual read on Kops play & claim.

@Nydus - I'd rather you focus on stating what your reads are on specific players posts rather than X/Y aren't scum together due to Z post. We can hunt via interactions when we get a scum flip, until then it doesn't do us much good and would rather you focus on getting base reads on players in the game first.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

hey ny
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:55 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 286, Superhans wrote:Question to the veterans:
Do town players substitute out at a greater rate than scum players, or is it usually the same rate?
I'm just curious.
I really like this question from superhans. He was kind of throwing shade on maria the whole day leading up to her request to be replaced. It does fit in line with his train of thought if he's town. I don't think that scum think to ask this question the moment someone asks to be replaced. I think they just get annoyed that their main target disappeared and may be replaced by someone townier.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:58 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1553, Regfan wrote:@Desp - Do you think it's more likely that scum would take 1 power over none then? If so which one? And ignoring the number of PR claims what's your individual read on Kops play & claim.

@Nydus - I'd rather you focus on stating what your reads are on specific players posts rather than X/Y aren't scum together due to Z post. We can hunt via interactions when we get a scum flip, until then it doesn't do us much good and would rather you focus on getting base reads on players in the game first.
Umm... I JUST got to the part where reuben was replaced by AH... I thought maria was the traitor slot...

I've literally been assuming that maria was conf scum and ignoring actually reading her. kms
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:59 am

Post by Desperado »

Not taking at least one of daytalk, recruitment, or the JOAT is just bizarre to me. You can do without the BP and the Role Cop if you aren't taking a lot of power, and I can understand either doing both recruitment and daytalk or neither, but the JOAT deals with every power role the town can potentially get and is extremely powerful.

I think Kop's claim makes sense, I understand why he chose SSBM over Gamma, and I also don't think claiming roleblocked on a living player is nearly as dangerous as you've been suggesting, especially with Gamma having already outed; that leaves only one role left (tracker) that could counterclaim Kop's roleblock. If anything, I think Kop as scum would understand that claiming a block on the dead is going to look suspicious and, already at L-1, it would be optimal to take the 1/7 chance that he claims to have blocked a tracker with a result by accident.
;)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

what did kop claim
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:00 am

Post by Desperado »

context clues bro
;)
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:01 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1557, Desperado wrote:Not taking at least one of daytalk, recruitment, or the JOAT is just bizarre to me. You can do without the BP and the Role Cop if you aren't taking a lot of power, and I can understand either doing both recruitment and daytalk or neither, but the JOAT deals with every power role the town can potentially get and is extremely powerful.

I think Kop's claim makes sense, I understand why he chose SSBM over Gamma, and I also don't think claiming roleblocked on a living player is nearly as dangerous as you've been suggesting, especially with Gamma having already outed; that leaves only one role left (tracker) that could counterclaim Kop's roleblock. If anything, I think Kop as scum would understand that claiming a block on the dead is going to look suspicious and, already at L-1, it would be optimal to take the 1/7 chance that he claims to have blocked a tracker with a result by accident.
On an added note to that, if kop were scum trying to fake claim, and gamma is real, then we know that scum took zero powers. That being said, why would he be afraid to claim block on ANYONE living? When he already knows that there are no PRs left? Thought of this during judge judy but didn't remember until this post. Thanks desp
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:02 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1558, Gamma Emerald wrote:what did kop claim
Roleblocker with n1 action on ssbm
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:03 am

Post by nydushermain »

Does traitor AH replace and immediately build a case against scum partner TB? Like.. a HUGE case? I think it depends on how much AH hates playing the alignment because if he's scum, he might've been playing suicidal scum and trying to get some distancing. I don't really think so though. I feel like the way he went about his push... it's just too... elaborate.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:04 am

Post by nydushermain »

TB is probably town for this? That's just such a weird move from AH.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:05 am

Post by Regfan »

@Desp - I personally consider the JOAT very weak in this setup, it's only 2 1-shot abilities and using them optimally is difficult to do. In regards to Kop claiming to roleblock SSBM I think at the moment it's less fear of what other claims there might have been (Because if he's scum he knows there's no other) but the fact that he genuinely
couldn't
claim a roleblock on a living player; he would have to explain why he never voted or stated a scum read on the player coming into D2 where he voted Gamma.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:07 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1564, Regfan wrote:@Desp - I personally consider the JOAT very weak in this setup, it's only 2 1-shot abilities and using them optimally is difficult to do. In regards to Kop claiming to roleblock SSBM I think at the moment it's less fear of what other claims there might have been (Because if he's scum he knows there's no other) but the fact that he genuinely
couldn't
claim a roleblock on a living player; he would have to explain why he never voted or stated a scum read on the player coming into D2 where he voted Gamma.
If it's such a hard and awkward claim to make, don't you think he just claims something easier like bodyguard?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:08 am

Post by Regfan »

To rephrase to make it clearer;

You roleblock a scum read of yours; he didn't have any scum reads that he could fit roleblocking that was alive D2 given he voted on Gamma and stated nothing else. This means as scum he can't fake a roleblock on a living player other than Gamma, given Gamma had already claimed rolecop with a result that was no longer an option making roleblocking the dead the only viable fake claim.

@Nydus - Scum can't fake claim BG; we'd tell him to be on Gamma and Gamma could never die, something scum can't allow. The only roles scum could fake claim there were tracker/RB.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:10 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 390, Antihuman wrote:^this is a good observation. I'm not exactly sure what's the basis for Dunn's townread on me, apart from the fact he does townread me.
Interesting statement.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:12 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1564, Regfan wrote:@Desp - I personally consider the JOAT very weak in this setup, it's only 2 1-shot abilities and using them optimally is difficult to do. In regards to Kop claiming to roleblock SSBM I think at the moment it's less fear of what other claims there might have been (Because if he's scum he knows there's no other) but the fact that he genuinely
couldn't
AH flipped traitor and everything changed.

I had them as town but I got paranoid over night so I wanted to make sure.

Etc. etc. etc.

Do you often find it difficult to explain night actions as scum?
;)
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:13 am

Post by nydushermain »

Oh... SAJ is my slot kek
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:13 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1566, Regfan wrote:To rephrase to make it clearer;

You roleblock a scum read of yours; he didn't have any scum reads that he could fit roleblocking that was alive D2 given he voted on Gamma and stated nothing else. This means as scum he can't fake a roleblock on a living player other than Gamma, given Gamma had already claimed rolecop with a result that was no longer an option making roleblocking the dead the only viable fake claim.

@Nydus - Scum can't fake claim BG; we'd tell him to be on Gamma and Gamma could never die, something scum can't allow. The only roles scum could fake claim there were tracker/RB.
Sorry, just not buying this. Town players aren't beholden to their reads and they do dumb shit with their night actions all the time. You could cop your biggest townread and still be justified for that 1/100 chance they're snowing you completely.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:14 am

Post by Desperado »

And again, everyone's reads and actions D1 were altered with the traitor flip.
;)
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:18 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 492, Alisae wrote: Algebra - Scum
Needs to eat rope beacause common core is shit, and in my algebra 2 class I didn't learn a single thing
Yasssssss, this slot is fantastic. Lynch regfan 10x
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:20 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 1568, Desperado wrote: AH flipped traitor and everything changed. I had them as town but I got paranoid over night so I wanted to make sure.
But this is thing though, he's stating that the flip changed his read in the night and made him suspect SSBM (For reasons that could have been attributed to several other players ftr but he never brings them up; seriously look at his reasoning there, then look at the end of the day) but there's absolutely no show of progression of his reads from the AH flip in the day today, he just votes on Gamma, the person that pushed AH the hardest while claiming to believe that mafia knew the traitor via role PM. If he came into today and had a bunch of analysis from the flip I could totally buy that night action, given his play today I think it's completely fake. I haven't actually seen any attempt from him to gamesolve or scumhunt whatsoever and given he's got a hatred for being mafia this is looking like his scum game.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:24 am

Post by Regfan »

Also Gamma you need to try and catch up with this game asap, if you're town you're almost certainly dying in the night so leaving behind reads would help.

Return to “Completed Open Games”