Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:36 am

Post by Hawk »

Ola everybody. Also Karnos I thought I replied with confirm my bad.

VOTE: Revan

I think this misspelled name is a distraction placed by scum :p
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:44 am

Post by Hawk »

Not particularly Magna. Not at this time anyway. It's already been pointed out and noted. I neither like nor dislike what Doom said and would rather see other peoples reactions and reasoning before anything else because to me it just reads rather Null... I don't feel like reading into it too much because you get into a WIFOM argument about why he would say this.

No need to delve that deeply into a person's statement so early. Honestly the heavy evaluation of P1 by you makes me actually think you're trying too hard if you want to know honestly. But I've never played nightless so it may just be the setup changing the pace of the game.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 31, Revan wrote:VOTE: Hawk

My name isn't misspelled.
OMGUS look at this scum right here!!

That asside is it a reference to someone is the old Extended universe? I like Star Wars but never really got into the books.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:33 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 33, wgeurts wrote:
In post 28, Hawk wrote:Not particularly Magna. Not at this time anyway. It's already been pointed out and noted. I neither like nor dislike what Doom said and would rather see other peoples reactions and reasoning before anything else because to me it just reads rather Null... I don't feel like reading into it too much because you get into a WIFOM argument about why he would say this.

No need to delve that deeply into a person's statement so early. Honestly the heavy evaluation of P1 by you makes me actually think you're trying too hard if you want to know honestly. But I've never played nightless so it may just be the setup changing the pace of the game.
Isn't delving into people's statements what gets the ball rolling? Pressure early on is good. Magna's post isn't town or scum I'd say right now, as town have just as much incentive to try and create content as scum do. If anything, scum may let the game go it's own way for a while and not intervene as to avoid attention and let the town go on a bit of a wild-goose chase. This is so in every game, not specifically this setup only.
Not nesscarily. Shady sheep votes. Lack of creation of content and discussion from person, and fast RVS wagons all can naturally get the ball rolling. Delving deeply into the psychology of two posts made by one person to me is trying to hard to move the game forward earlier. Not to say that I don't appreciate getting out of RVS quickly I just don't see the point of reading so deeply so early on. That's how you create cognitive dissonance.

I'm not saying what Magna has done is scummy I just don't agree with that playstyle. Trying hard to come up and formulate good reads from little content is good. Trying so hard when there's literally one page is a good receipe for tunneling or being less open to other ideas.

As for the pace of the game and nightless I purely meant that perhaps this format benefits town pressuring quickly and early so long as we don't become tunneled. I don't know since I've never played or watched night less play out and am purely speaking figuratively. Otherwise I might actually read what Magna was doing one way or the other. Right now just about everyone is still Null for me.

Pedit:

I honestly don't feel like we are out of RVS... all of this content you guys think is here feels forced and easily could be fluff. Like I said Null feels all around. Plus I like engaging people rather than just googling it. Do you think Revan voted me out of RVS? I don't think so. If he did he better speak now. Ignore shit that doesn't partake to the game if it's one damn post if it bothers you that much.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:53 am

Post by Hawk »

@Doom

I'm on mobile so partial quotes is hard but I'm refering to post

We're interested in scum's best play because it also relates to towns optimal line. If scum wants to be townread then get on the block and stay undercover. With proper management of shots it seems like Scum can easily create a situation where they are firmly in the driver's seat. Looking for scum's motivation and game plan is always a good idea.

Pedit: I'll reexplain myself wgeurts cause I think we're on the same page but you're misinterpreting what I'm trying to say.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:24 am

Post by Hawk »

Okay so let's address this point by point.

RVS and content creation
- Content is good
- Both scum and town should strive to generate content for discussion and to influence opinions and direct flow of the game.
- Content created early is often weak and often easily dismissed the later the game goes on.
- This is where I believe that delving too deep into creating content can be detrimental early on.
- Content created early on to formulate opinions or reads on people should be taken with a spoonful of salt and be easily considered null if something else arises.
- Do not confuse content with motivation. Just because content becomes moot or has been reasoned with does not mean motivation for posts should be ignored. Especially ones for creating content because towns motivations and scum's motivations are two entirely different things.

Cog-Dis and content creation.
- CogDis is inevitable but only for town, Scum have all information only live in one reality.
- Early reads and content can lead to people forming strong early camps or blocks.

Ex. Player C seems scummy to me for reasons. I like reasons Player B and D for player C being scummy. Player B and D are likely town.

This small example if one of the first trains of thoughts a player has during a game is very likely to influence how openly they can see the rest of the game. This is why I don't like delving super deeply into early game posts. Trying to discern why Doom would post two different ways as scum is leaving yourself open to forming a slight belief that he is scum based of that one reasoning meaning it'll be harder for you to shift opinion later and if he flips green cause you to feel that cognitive dissonance because you believed him to be scum. It can be very Jarring.

All this bring said my point and opinions are this.

Magna addressing Doom's posts with such heavy scrutiny even in RVS can cause cognitive dissonance if this is how we move the game forward. His motivations and weather it is good play are up for interpretation.

I think it's townish, I don't personally think it's the best style of play. He gets town points from me but I'm not really too interested in his content at this point.

Things I do like that have happened. Wgeurts questioning me and engaging me reads town. I like that he's trying to understand what I'm saying and holding me accountable. My thoughts aren't always super easy to follow.

Magna creating and pushing early content is good cause I like getting out of RVS. I don't nesscarily feel like the content is anything to write home about but it is what it is.

Dooms reactions to our posts have been interesting to say the least. I don't like them for the most part. He doesn't engage back with Magna or wgeurts instead chooses to explain his reasoning further when it really seems kinda bleh. The whole "Oi look at me being town and not understand the mechanics thing" is possible. Im more firmly in the idea that he could be scum because his accusation that were out of RVS and FoS on me. I also think that tells me his reaction might be slightly panic'd as he attempts to point attention elsewhere since he seems to think these votes are all out of RVS

So I'm fine placing my vote here for now.

VOTE: Doom
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Hawk »

@Magna.

Nope. At least not good reads. Good pressure can be formed, and it can start a wagon easily. How the person reacts and the posts after are more important than the first 2-4 posts a person makes. Yes hindsight being 20/20 after flips early posts can be indicative of scum but D1 no I don't think you can identify scum from their early posts unless they are almost out right saying they're scum.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 77, doomfeathers wrote:VOTE: Sesq

Sesq has posted five times, but has neither generated content nor voted seriously. She seems to be coasting. Friend Computer has done the same.
Why so quick to change the vote.

Inactivity is NAI.

Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:22 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 80, doomfeathers wrote:I thought about what somebody (I think it was wgeurts) said about your play being NAI, and it made sense, so I don't have good reason to scumread you anymore. Voting for inactive players to produce more content is common practice. Also, you were already voting for me. :P
Fair enough I suppose.

Also I know that why do you think I put the vote again?

Also why Sesq and not Friendly then? What about Sesq's few inactive posts tickles your fancy more than Friendlys?
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:47 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 43, Hawk wrote: Dooms reactions to our posts have been interesting to say the least. I don't like them for the most part. He doesn't engage back with Magna or wgeurts instead chooses to explain his reasoning further when it really seems kinda bleh. The whole "Oi look at me being town and not understand the mechanics thing" is possible. Im more firmly in the idea that he could be scum because his accusation that were out of RVS and FoS on me. I also think that tells me his reaction might be slightly panic'd as he attempts to point attention elsewhere since he seems to think these votes are all out of RVS

So I'm fine placing my vote here for now.

Wgeurts right here? Posts back? I revoted him as a reaction test. He's throwing FoS around and votes like it's candy making very soft attempts at reasoning and in general being non committal.

Lucca says this same thing in another way if you don't like the way I said it.

Why spread the votes Doom? Instead of just compounding the pressure on friendly since he already has one vote. That makes more sense if you're looking for pressure.

pedit: Lots of posts happened mostly reads it looks like from wgeurts. God your username is hard. Do you have a nickname you like?
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Hawk »

In post 110, doomfeathers wrote:LAMIST means "Look at me, I'm so town."
I never realized that was an acronym.... I always assumed it meant lame as in the most lame or lamist...

Anyway

VOTE: Sesq

unofficial VC I think is L-3 here.

Let's get some content Sesq.

Pedit: Lucca I mostly asked Doom those things because I wanted reactions and responses. Content created right now to questions like this doesn't really give me anything towards his Alignment right now but I might be able to understand his goals or thoughts behind his reasoning asking questions like this and looking back at them. Not all early game is played for the present but the future.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by Hawk »

I'm still searching for where I townread mozamis since apparently I missed something the Sesq pointed out. I don't particularly find his content all that informative or thrilling.

TheLegend27 is town
Soft town leans on Magna, UD, and Lucca.

Scum leans on Mozamis and Sesq tho to be honest only one of the two is probably scum and I don't have enough content from Mozamis to assess but I'm not sure where Sesq thinks I was town reading him prior...

Null everyone else or if leans they're not super strong plus two lurkers. I would like to get some more people to give listing opinions so we can compare names. I'm sure Magna would appreciate this as well if I'm to understand his playstyle.

Pedit: thanks Doom. I don't really like the way you're playing but I guess it's not that scummy... I would rather us stay on a wagon longer so we can get some good back and forth with a person rather than the few posts from Sesq and FC.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by Hawk »

In post 146, Ultimate Despair wrote:Town are lucca, Revan and Hawk.

- Junko
I agree knowing my own card and how I'm reading lucca but explain your reasoning behind Revan to me?

I'm null reading him.

Also while I'm at it Revan do you mind me answering your second question? I do like mechanic based scenarios. tho to be honest your scenario lacks required information to give a highly optimal line of play. Not that you can't give a good answer from provided info just not a very optimal answer ;)
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:46 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 154, Ultimate Despair wrote:@Hawk: Why is Sesq and Mozamis impossible to be scum together?

Revan does not give the tiniest of fucks about who thinks what about him, and he pushes his own agenda. Not in the ostentatious "look at how uncaring I am way", nor in the sinister "I have an agenda with a team" way. He has a solo agenda and he cares more about it than about the opinions of others.
I use the word probably because while I don't exactly like sesq's read list overall I think it feels genuine as an attempt of analysis by town. So for me I don't see Sesq pushing Moz as a top scum lean along with me and them actually being a scum pair.

This is all still very changeable and by no means concrete I just kinda lean that way right now seeing them not together as scum.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:47 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 153, Friend Computer wrote:Current reads:

Town Lean: Sesq, Hawk (playing aggressively and trying to get information out of me, I feel they are scumhunting)
Null Scum: Doom (for that little slip-up he made in the beginning), the lurkers (sort of meta)

Null read everyone else.
Wtf? You're null reading Lucca and TheLegend27 why?
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Hawk »

I wish I could have been more apart of this game. Oh well GG wp all. I enjoyed reading what I did. I thought Lucca and Fitz played fairly well.

Return to “Completed Open Games”