The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #19325 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:42 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 19322, Accountant wrote:Image

The new spawn house is a tiny bit uglier, but that's a small price to pay to avoid bats, spider and zombie invasions! Added bonus: there's no longer any rain splashing into the third floor!
That's a LOT bit uglier. Again, this isn't the long-term server that MS Vanilla is. But on both servers, you should ask before making major (potentially unwarranted) changes to communal builds.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #19326 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:02 am

Post by Porochaz »

I had an epic fight with some carrot wielding zombies (they went through my farm) I dont think I broke anything but you might want to check, pistons started moving as I was going by. (sugar still seems to be dropping fine)
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19327 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Accountant »

I have a fetish for automation. Give me iron - or give me time to mine iron, state a request and I will do my best to fulfil it. What do you need in bulk(other than ores)?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19328 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 19325, Maestro wrote:

The new spawn house is a tiny bit uglier, but that's a small price to pay to avoid bats, spider and zombie invasions! Added bonus: there's no longer any rain splashing into the third floor!
That's a LOT bit uglier. Again, this isn't the long-term server that MS Vanilla is. But on both servers, you should ask before making major (potentially unwarranted) changes to communal builds.
Sorry. It was just sealing off the windows, I didn't make any big changes

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19329 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:05 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 19326, Porochaz wrote:I had an epic fight with some carrot wielding zombies (they went through my farm) I dont think I broke anything but you might want to check, pistons started moving as I was going by. (sugar still seems to be dropping fine)
On phone right now! To check it's working fine, just hop up onto the pillar and make sure the chicken is still there, then stand on the tripwire and make sure it causes all pistons to extend.

McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #19330 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:13 am

Post by McMenno »

idea: after we defeat the ender dragon, have an all-out brawl
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #19331 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:29 am

Post by Porochaz »

Its all good. There is a crafting table on the bottom floor if you are getting shot on the 1st floor.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #19332 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:50 am

Post by davesaz »

I've been in the house overnight a couple nights before the changes, and there were no monster spawn issues at all. If it was zombies the usual mistake is to build the roof out of full blocks and then forget to light it. Simple enough to fix. Personally I prefer the open look like it had before but not a huge deal. Alternatively use glass instead of cobble -- I carried a couple stacks of sand back from the desert last night and would be happy to go get more. In fact I might have left some glass cooking...

We need more chest space if anyone feels like expanding one of the floors a bit.
I'm thinking about doing an AFK autofisher. We were using those on the ms vanilla and getting tons of enchanted books, bows, and fishing poles.

Also I'm finding mining pretty inconvenient in the immediate area, chock full of caves down there. Ultimately we'll probably want several stacks of diamonds to gear up everyone for the dragon.

For enchanting, use books and then anvil them onto your gear, that lets you pick and choose. Which also means steak is on the menu though we'll obviously be flush with food and never have an issue getting more. Especially after I start getting stacks of fish as a side effect of getting all those superpowered bows.

This vanilla has arrows with effects, right? Do feathers drop or do you still need to kill chickens? Or if someone finds a skellie dungeon we can farm arrows that way. ;)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #19333 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:59 am

Post by davesaz »

Re: mining comment -- I have an unnatural aversion to dying so I'm not the caving type. For others this might be heaven lol.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #19334 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:19 am

Post by Andrius »

You still need to kill chickens.

I found 8 NPC villages, one desert, and no mansions.
Hezul and I made it back safe.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #19335 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:39 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 19325, Maestro wrote:

If the cobble monstrosity is still there when I get home I'm taking it all down. Turn rain of in graphics if it annoys you (like I did) and we have yet to have an issue of zombies bats or or spiders at spawnhouse. It was built the way it was because we liked it that way. X.X

EDIT: if you were serious about taking all of the diamonds I spent 6 hours obtaining I swear to god accountant.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #19336 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:47 am

Post by Andrius »

The cobble's gone, Maru.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #19337 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:04 am

Post by Andrius »

RIP Hezul

I dismounted to raid a pyramid, and when I returned, he was gone. IDK where he went.
Anywho. I wrangled a new horse but haven't named him since we seem to be out of name tags.

Prozac, I bred the new guy with Sally, so there's a little colt in the stable as well.
(Breeding horses takes golden carrots or golden apples.)
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #19338 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:06 am

Post by McMenno »

I'm starting to keep a diamond counter

I'm also starting to think that it might've been smart to enchant a pickaxe with fortune
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19339 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 am

Post by Maruchan »

Yes I so wish I had fortune
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19340 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 19335, Maruchan wrote:EDIT: if you were serious about taking all of the diamonds I spent 6 hours obtaining I swear to god accountant.
He was serious.

I swear to god you guys. I didn't leave htose htere so everyone could have full diamodn armor the second they log in. They were there for shit like a diamond p[ickaxe so yo ucould mine thigns like obsidian and other diamonds if yo uneeded to.

Fuck.

we need a damn enderchest so i can start stockpiling the supplies I gather for the end run, so they aren't needlessly wasted.

PS: I'm taking all 9 of the diamonds in the chest since I left it with over a stack 2 days ago and they all seem to have disappeared.
Show
Join Now!

Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19341 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 19340, Maruchan wrote:We need a damn enderchest so I can start stockpiling the supplies I gather for the end run, so they aren't needlessly wasted.
That might be best, Maru. I feel like it is important to reiterate that this server has an end in mind. This is not a "build the coolest base and mine all of the things"-type server. You all wanted an Ender Dragon run, and you got a server to do it on. "Ask permission before taking peoples' things", "don't build ugly shit", and all of the other rules still apply, but this server is only up until we decide what event to do next.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #19342 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

for fuck's sake people don't steal things

like it's one thing to take a few steaks or something, but a bunch of diamonds? jesus christ.

ask first.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #19343 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 19337, Andrius wrote:RIP Hezul

I dismounted to raid a pyramid, and when I returned, he was gone. IDK where he went.
Anywho. I wrangled a new horse but haven't named him since we seem to be out of name tags.

Prozac, I bred the new guy with Sally, so there's a little colt in the stable as well.
(Breeding horses takes golden carrots or golden apples.)
I feel like I saw a horse with that name somewhere while I was exploring the community.

Holy shit you guys have some cool houses though. Especially Prozac's. What's that guy's house even made of? And that huge tower just for a nether portal?

I took a ride on Achievement Station and on Klaz's end there were a ton of skeletons at the entrance with enhcanted stuff. I think most of them de-spawned, but one's in a boat and won't go away. Those things were part of the reason I got stuck at Klaz's house for a while.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19344 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 19343, Alchemist21 wrote:I feel like I saw a horse with that name somewhere while I was exploring the community.
You wouldn't've seen his horse though, because you're on the MS Vanilla server. He's on the KMP Events server.
I took a ride on Achievement Station and on Klaz's end there were a ton of skeletons at the entrance with enhcanted stuff. I think most of them de-spawned, but one's in a boat and won't go away. Those things were part of the reason I got stuck at Klaz's house for a while.
To Whom It May Concern
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #19345 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by Klazam »

The diamonds was in Accountant's mine, she said she were getting more and that you all should take it.

anyway, server's going down for upgrade sometime on the 12th, will let you all know when its back up.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19346 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 19335, Maruchan wrote:EDIT: if you were serious about taking all of the diamonds I spent 6 hours obtaining I swear to god accountant.
I took 11 diamonds and will pay them back >.>

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19347 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 19340, Maruchan wrote:I swear to god you guys. I didn't leave htose htere so everyone could have full diamodn armor the second they log in. They were there for shit like a diamond p[ickaxe so yo ucould mine thigns like obsidian and other diamonds if yo uneeded to.
for the record

I made 3 diamond pickaxes and 1 diamond sword out of the 11 diamonds I took

Two of the pickaxes may be found in my mine chest. Go into my house(there's a sign saying "do not disrupt the mine order", walk down the steps, and open the large chest; the diamonds are stored there. (There is also a batch of iron cooking in the furnace).

I'm not responsible for any other diamond loss; those were the only diamonds I took.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19348 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 19341, Maestro wrote:"don't build ugly shit"
For the FURTHER record

I thought that the base was perfectly fine. I like cobblestone and have built my house out of them. If I'd used glass instead you would have absolutely 0 problem, so this is purely an arbitrary decision on your part.

EDIT: I'm kind of miffed people are acting like I'm a supervillain for taking 11 diamonds out of a shared chest to make pickaxes to mine more supplies that we need (with a promise to put the diamonds back) and for making a cobblestone wall

McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #19349 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Post by McMenno »

personally I've taken 26 diamonds to craft a diamond sword and diamond armor but I've mined about 51 so far

Return to “The Arcade”