Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5250 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I mean I'll claim if that's what we're decided when it's my turn

buuut, I'm just kind of like...maxous you listed mcmenno, why aren't you voting him?

I realize I could be missing something so, sorry if so...I can be patient, let me know...
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5251 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I do see that the MB push on you could be over-confident scum ready to "drive it home" or something

but it seems SO off and yesterday I was decided "no that is just dumb-tunnel hardcore" and was trying to settle down with that...

the scumread reasoning on giga is...what
is
that?

ugh

could it be over-confident scum? "they'll never think I'm scum pushing the dumb-tunnel on dunnstral AND going after pretty-much-conf.town giga!"

but, why draw the attention?! it's hard to reconcile

again, more ppl with MB experience need to tell me more
balance among all things
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #5252 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

VOTE: mathblades
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5253 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5245, Maxous wrote:Kison is right we should be getting a bit of a move on.

Does anybody object to Menno, Dunnstral and Mathblade being the three kills here?
I object to McMenno and myself.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5254 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I also find it hilarious Maxous now pushes McMenno after pushing AA9 so horribly and doesn't even vote McMenno.

Bad scum.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Quipla
Quipla
Goon
Quipla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5255 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by Quipla »

DECK x 34 - TRUMP x 1 - DISCARD PILE x 30

DAY 5 VOTECOUNT #8

McMenno (4)
- drealmerz7, Lil Uzi Vert, gigabyteTroubadour, McMenno
Dunnstral (3)
- Mathblade, gerryoat, -Grey-
Mathblade (3)
- Dunnstral, Kison, SpyreX

Not Voting (4)
- Fishythefish, Maxous, Vecna, TheWayItEnds

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline is set for (expired on 2017-01-16 22:09:40).
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5256 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

V/LA tomorrow car stuff
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5257 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I don't agree with MB. As someone said earlier, I think they're just dumb telling and I feel if they were in it from the start, they would be on the same page.

Why are we mass claiming? Are we in lynch or lose or close to it? Gerry made an interesting point earlier and I think it might be valid. He thinks scum are running this game and to me it's starting to feel that way. All mass claiming does is just give more information to scum that they don't need to know.

With that being said, I don't mind solely because of Giga. If it was Titus however, I would. If Giga and the majority are down with continuing to mass claim then I will put my ego to the side.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5258 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

iso gerry

there isn't a reason to not lynch him anymore. Let's lynch mathblade and gerry
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5259 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:11 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 5220, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 5131, Vecna wrote:
In post 5129, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 5119, Vecna wrote:Ok look at this - this is what im thinking is what is REALLY going on in this game:

Claimed cards:
Mathblade: J-c, 8-s, 2-s
Spyrex: 9-s, 8-s, 2-s
TWIE: 9-c, 5-c, MISSING 8-s, claimed random picks

Stuff we know:
-Maria picked a pro town card
-Some town early in the draft picked pro-scum cards to deny them to scum
-Several people have been die-hard advocates of claiming stuff starting very early.

What im suspecting is really going on:
Mathblade: J-c,
8-s
, 2-s ---> Hidden pro-scum card
Spyrex: 9-s,
8-s
, 2-s ---> Hidden pro-scum card
TWIE: 9-c,
5-c
MISSING 8-s
, claimed random picks ---> 9-c, Ace of clubs, actually missed out on either the ninja or godfather card

Scum decided to go deep undercover by picking a ton of towncards for towncred. It is just
too much of a coincidence
that 3 people decided to all pick one of the
objectively worst cards in the deck
. They got caught offguard both by the claim happy people and the fact that one of them missed out on one of the most obvious scumpicks. Vifam never could claim that he wanted to pick those cards to deny them to scum SINCE HE WAS LAST IN THE DRAFT. So either they had to sacrifice themselves straight away, or claim a card with the team that no town would ever pick. Vifam now again claimed a card that noone imo would ever pick, the 5 of clubs. I strongly suspects he's the one holding the Ace of clubs.

If im right the scum strategy is very straight forward with a simple thought process behind it. Pick pro-town cards for towncred, combined with plenty of defensive shit (Jack of clubs, 2-s, ninja/godfather) that makes you either very hard to lynch or make town not want to lynch you.
i assume you understand why this is really fucking stupid
Why dont you go ahead and explain why that is?
lol really? you want me to explain why this is one of the stupidest things ive ever read? sounds good.

its really fucking stupid because first of all. no scumteam is going to link 3 members of their team together early day 1 and then hope they never lynch any of them. especially when one of them is claiming to be double hated and must be lynched. because literally as soon as either of those people before me get lynched and dont have an 8s, im a free lynch.

second. no scum team is going to have 3 members of their team claim to have bid on the same card without knowing beforehand if anyone else in the game has a copy of it. 1 cc and thats potentially 2 free scum lynches.

third, you're aware that the cards we didnt pick didnt just fucking disappear into the nether. they went into the deck. you think that 3 people claimed to have a card that theres 2 copies of in the deck that can flip and cause 2/3 free lynches at any time? especially with people who can see several cards deep into the deck.

you literally think that a scum team took all of these major risks for the incredible payoff of not having to claim 1 of their 3 cards? because thats easier than just claiming you were trying to remove the card from the scum pool?

it literally makes no sense for vifam to ever claim to have not gotten the 8s without bidding on it.
it literally makes no sense for vifam to claim to have not gotten the 8s if he did recieve it.
it literally only makes sense for vifam to claim to have not gotten the 8s if he bid on and did not receive it.

its at this point that i fell like i should stop and remind you to breathe just in case you forgot while you were trying to read this because genuinely that was one of the stupidest things ive ever read.
Thank you for this response. The claimed cards appearing as trump argument is indeed a very valid argument. From what Ive seen from the players in question so far, I do not agree that the other arguments have that much merit. Id appreciate it if you start producing more quality posts like this, since you do apparently have the ability to.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5260 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:13 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 5231, Dunnstral wrote:I'm aware I look bad with davesaz flipping, but it wasn't me and mathblade needs to die

I'd be ok with lynching gerry too, he hasn't been playing the game at all except to tunnel on me and he knew I had the 2 of diamonds the whole time yet doesn't want to claim his own cards
You state he doesnt want to claim his cards, but earlier you stated you KNEW he had the 4 of diamonds. How come you know its not the second copy of the 3 of diamonds?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5261 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

If noone knew outside the clubs hood knew dave was in it (and I don't
think
they did?), one of them is probably scum targetting a card cop.
In post 5257, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Why are we mass claiming? Are we in lynch or lose or close to it? Gerry made an interesting point earlier and I think it might be valid. He thinks scum are running this game and to me it's starting to feel that way. All mass claiming does is just give more information to scum that they don't need to know.
We are massclaiming because:
- Scum already know a lot of protown players with good cards, so it doesn't help them kill much
- There are specific cards that are likely scum, so it helps us lynch quite a lot
We've started now, and we're going to finish. We don't have much time. It really is time for you to claim or die.

The concern that scum is leading this is misplaced. All the people who are thinking hard about the setup agree on this one. Many of them are pretty obviously town.
In post 5248, drealmerz7 wrote:@ maxous, vecna, and fishy (and grey too but grey is voting atm and I understand it)

you were comfortable voting mcmenno yesterday

is there a difference/reason today why you're not voting him today? can you share it if so?

are we waiting for claim stuff and I'm supposed to not be pushing for a lynch? because I just want to lynch...
I'm comfortable with a McMenno lynch today, and more so after the kill, but I think massclaim has a decent chance of giving us something better.

Massclaim status
In post 5151, McMenno wrote: 42 - Mathblade - Jc, 2s, 8s
77 - -Grey- - Kd, 8h, 10h
5 - gerryoat
5 - Fishythefish 4c, Js (gone), 2c (gone)
11 - Kison
13 - gigabyteTroubadour - 2h, 3c
13 - Maxous
17 - drealmerz7
2 - Vecna
2 - Dunnstral - 2d, 4s, 7h
2 - SpyreX - 2c, 8c, 9c
12 - McMenno -3c, 3d (missed 7h)
12 - Lil Uzi Vert
12 - TWIE 5c, 9c (missed 8s)
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5262 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Filled in the massclaim above with the cards I think have been claimed in thread.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5263 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5260, Vecna wrote:
In post 5231, Dunnstral wrote:I'm aware I look bad with davesaz flipping, but it wasn't me and mathblade needs to die

I'd be ok with lynching gerry too, he hasn't been playing the game at all except to tunnel on me and he knew I had the 2 of diamonds the whole time yet doesn't want to claim his own cards
You state he doesnt want to claim his cards, but earlier you stated you KNEW he had the 4 of diamonds. How come you know its not the second copy of the 3 of diamonds?
Pretty sure I never said that

And I also don't believe gerry ever claimed what his neighborhood card is, what made you think it was 4 of diamonds
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5264 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5260, Vecna wrote:You state he doesnt want to claim his cards
That's not what I've saying, either.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5265 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Post by Vecna »

You realize that is literally what youre saying in your own post you quoted right? (5231)

Have the uses of them fruit vendors ever been discussed in the diamond neighbourhood?

Ive always been wondering why some people suddenly started hard townreading Gerry, I assumed it was because of the hearts neighbourhood and him having the card revive but that clearly wasnt the case.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5266 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:00 pm

Post by Vecna »

Either that or him being the one in the hood that doc-saved Giga, but that apparently wasnt it either.

Taking those things away, I really cannot see any reason why people would townread him.

Is anyone actually townreading Gerry? If so, care to elaborate why?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5267 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Answering an earlier question: I'm not up for a Dunn lynch. He's played a pretty damn pro town game (giga save, 2 revive), and I see nothing scummy about him in thread.

I got a slight townping off Gerry around the scumslip yesterday. Would have been quite bold scum to press it like he did, and at least in the QT he was the first to press. Nothing big, though.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5268 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Oh; that's in a different context. he's hesitant to claim his card as if he doesn't want to "out me" as having the 2 of diamonds

he's done nothing put push me while knowing I have that card. I'm waiting for him to explain his thought process

I'd be ok with lynching gerry, but I also want mathblade. we have 2 lynches
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5269 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Post by -Grey- »

VOTE: McMenno

Sigh. I'm so lost this game.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5270 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5265, Vecna wrote:Have the uses of them fruit vendors ever been discussed in the diamond neighbourhood?
Not at all. Gerry asked who had a fruit allergy and apparently mcmenno claimed fruit vendor
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5271 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Post by Maxous »

VOTE: MathBlade
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5272 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:46 am

Post by Vecna »

Someone entertain me please. Also, get them claims rolling faster already, didnt you get the memo ---> its game solving time
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #5273 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:24 am

Post by McMenno »

the point is if scum were after a card cop why didn't they kill giga instead? hint: the answer is very simple

VOTE: lil uzi vert

this slot is a dead man walking. needs rope
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5274 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:27 am

Post by Vecna »

the answer is indeed pretty simple, Giga doesnt have any cardcop cards :p

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”