JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2082, Postie wrote:
In post 2080, JaeReed wrote:I can try to give a soft case if it'll help?
Go for it.
So far it's just what I've noticed early on in the game.

Alright, Gamma scumread around the push on Clemency.
Reasoning: followed by 54 and 56. Hanlon's razor. Titus towncred for 57/59 given that.
By page 5 in my reread I was at Gamma scum, DEO town. Creature and Creeps I was on the fence about as I disliked both of their votes on S_S.
I agreed with and

Enter Vedith in with a post that is awful in a way I can't really describe because words. But it's a bad post and there's a reason that I can't articulate right now.

still by far the worst hop on I think given Deimos post prior in . That said I always misread Klingon and she bubbled KTS and I can't see why she'd do that from a scum perspective. Especially as she's still passing on information from him, which means he trusts her to do so, which means she's not omitting things on him. (Trust is evident in the fact that he's obviously still talking in the PT)

again from Vedith is really bad in light of how things have gone down. I don't like the push away from Gamma here. I don't believe it's town motivated, regardless of Gamma's alignment. There's no reasoning why that doesn't make Gamma scum.

I again dislike from Vedith. S_S had a clearly expressed scumread on Gamma and possibly on DEO (started with DEO then dropped that in favour of thinking Gamma was the most likely scum on his wagon). I don't like the off-handed dismissal of Gamma being scum without any reason why at all. The reads on Rach and Kuroi are again both dismissive and indicate he doesn't want to read them. Then the characterization of drealmerz in order to justify a scumread there as though people can't have quieter games pings me. The last two lines "The rest, who knows as of yet? Now your turn." comes across as grandstanding. Like he's trying to make a point of "I've been pro-town here".
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

woahshit

townpings for JR
balance among all things
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2092, The DEO wrote:JaeReed, why aren't you paranoid of us?

What do you think of Zefiend?

~Titus
Your early content was good and when I was trying to reread overnight I still liked you for town up to like page 10 at least (that's as far as I went before I just couldn't hold concentration enough). Then you have Math with their derp push on me when I was both townreading your slot and trying to work with you. I can't see a scum!Math opting for pissing me off in that situation, and especially can't see a scum!Math trying to push me as a partner with the guy I swung the potential lynch to based off his reaction to me. Math as scum is
pleasant
if I'm following their opinions, not like beating my head against a brick wall.

I don't really know what to think of Zefiend yet. I thought he looked relatively town when he entered the game but his push on you is misguided. I don't know if that's just coming from him having no real experience with either head of the hydra though. It's hard to say.
In post 2094, Postie wrote:Anyone got a read on smith?
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by Postie »

Thanks for that. Yeah actually pings me really hard. I'd be fine with Vax I think.

My problem is that I've been interrogating Gamma in our PT and he always find really vague and unhelpful ways to answer all of my questions. I've been asking as many, specific, questions as possible, but I can't get a single thing out of him that isn't ridiculously generic. And with Titus apparently wanting to use him to pass messages to me because RC would ~never~ put two scum in a 3p neighbourhood, keeping him alive could be potentially disastrous if Titus starts giving him important role info or some bullshit.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

hummmmmmmmmm

does the 3p neighborhood explicitly say it is a 3p neighborhood?
balance among all things
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 2101, drealmerz7 wrote:woahshit

townpings for JR
He tends to be that way to me, but he's always been town.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

looking back at GE, he does seem to have get a bit mmmm, happy (I can't quite get a good word for his attitude after the reveal, maybe just happy to be a DV), about getting TR for being DV

I mean, I'd be happy too! to be DV and also to get read town for being DV, but, hmmmm

balanced by off-days, it's not so towny-cleary either

but, I do townread him...hmmm...

vax slot is definitely has more scummy
balance among all things
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:51 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

I currently town read Vax, but I town read him for being the voice of reason when I was going after Creature.

In hind sight, this isn't really a good reason to town read him.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by JaeReed »

@Postie since I forgot to put in this in the last post.

I was townreading Deimos for the suggestion of scum being on the S_S wagon due to how fast it got run up (it seems like a very newbtown thought, for one, to think that wagon speed is alignment indicative, and the choice in Gamma being scum there was pretty solid) and also for his newbie attempt at VCA.
mhsmith0 has been largely unimpressive in a really bad way. I'm not sure if it's alignment indicative or just indicative that he's not invested in the game.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by Postie »

Okay, I'm gonna reread Deimos.

I realise being voteless means I have nothing to bargain with, but if I support a Vax lynch I want Titus/Math to promise not to pass important info to me through Gamma because fuck that.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 2108, JaeReed wrote:I'm not sure if it's alignment indicative or just indicative that he's not invested in the game.
my feeling was more that he has been sitting back watching things unfold because of the way the game-state is all weird and shit, but, not speaking for him, that's more my read, and to me that is towny

it doesn't feel lurky-scummy it feels observant-towny, with the bits he's inputed, and yeh, a bit of deimos there are townpings (scumpings too, but, that was an odd involvment from that slot...this is a weird game...)
balance among all things
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by The DEO »

@Postie My sarcasm detector is busted but my hugs aren't. Welcome to our moon logic <3

@JaeReed Looks like you have machine gun instead of a sniper rifle. Focus in top scumread.

~~Math
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by The DEO »

In post 2109, Postie wrote:Okay, I'm gonna reread Deimos.

I realise being voteless means I have nothing to bargain with, but if I support a Vax lynch I want Titus/Math to promise not to pass important info to me through Gamma because fuck that.
Titus doesn't support a Vax lynch.

~~Math
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

will someone answer the ? about the hood # ?
balance among all things
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Post by The DEO »

/me hugs Postie

Ghostie needs to make up.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2103, Postie wrote:Thanks for that. Yeah actually pings me really hard. I'd be fine with Vax I think.

My problem is that I've been interrogating Gamma in our PT and he always find really vague and unhelpful ways to answer all of my questions. I've been asking as many, specific, questions as possible, but I can't get a single thing out of him that isn't ridiculously generic. And with Titus apparently wanting to use him to pass messages to me because RC would ~never~ put two scum in a 3p neighbourhood, keeping him alive could be potentially disastrous if Titus starts giving him important role info or some bullshit.
Then don't tell him anything useful. I don't think Titus is likely to derp that hard.
We also don't know boring's alignment, and I can't see a pro-town reason for her flip to be hidden and no one to have outed themselves as the culprit yet. This means it was either scum or her own role. The way she was talking to me indicates that she actually thought she was going to flip. I think it's more than likely that boring was actually town, and scum janitored the flip in order to hide that fact so we'd mislynch Lycan. drealmerz fucked it on them by shooting him.

The way I'm seeing it:
Gamma may or may not be scum, but if he is, then it's most probable that his partner is Vaxkiller anyway. If he isn't then that was scum whiteknighting town.
I'd rather go for the one I have more confidence in flipping scum with either scenario.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by The DEO »

The hood at the start of the game was The DEO, Rach Marie, and Gamma.

It is now DEO and Gamma.

~~Math
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by The DEO »

Postie top town and scumread. Go.

~~Math
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2110, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 2108, JaeReed wrote:I'm not sure if it's alignment indicative or just indicative that he's not invested in the game.
my feeling was more that he has been sitting back watching things unfold because of the way the game-state is all weird and shit, but, not speaking for him, that's more my read, and to me that is towny

it doesn't feel lurky-scummy it feels observant-towny, with the bits he's inputed, and yeh, a bit of deimos there are townpings (scumpings too, but, that was an odd involvment from that slot...this is a weird game...)
I think he's just being lazy, personally =P I've seen him put in more effort in most of the games I've seen him play.
In post 2111, The DEO wrote:@JaeReed Looks like you have machine gun instead of a sniper rifle. Focus in top scumread.

~~Math
I am focusing on my top scumread. It's Vax.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2112, The DEO wrote:

~~Math
Why?
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by The DEO »

In post 2115, JaeReed wrote:
In post 2103, Postie wrote:Thanks for that. Yeah actually pings me really hard. I'd be fine with Vax I think.

Then don't tell him anything useful. I don't think Titus is likely to derp that hard.
We also don't know boring's alignment, and I can't see a pro-town reason for her flip to be hidden and no one to have outed themselves as the culprit yet. This means it was either scum or her own role. The way she was talking to me indicates that she actually thought she was going to flip. I think it's more than likely that boring was actually town, and scum janitored the flip in order to hide that fact so we'd mislynch Lycan. drealmerz fucked it on them by shooting him.

The way I'm seeing it:
Gamma may or may not be scum, but if he is, then it's most probable that his partner is Vaxkiller anyway. If he isn't then that was scum whiteknighting town.
I'd rather go for the one I have more confidence in flipping scum with either scenario.
Where did Drealmerz say they shot Lycanfire?
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Post by The DEO »

And if they did why aren't Drealmerz your top scumread?

~~Math

(insert placeholder JaeReed vote til I talk with Titus head more.

Didn't ask specifics JaeReed was pretty uninvested I just asked for reads as a launching platform)
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

In post 2079, Postie wrote:Yeah but zefiend's rant the kind of thing I can see scum walking in and saying because the content of those posts actually does nothing to move the game forward and is just pointless drivel, but there's ranty emotions behind it, and it therefore comes across to me as just being designed to show off the emotional aspect of the post to give the illusion that zefiend is invested in the game.
I don't appreciate this post, at all.

I invested a LOT of time into casing DEO and it stirred up a great deal of discussion. Unfortunately, most of that discussion devolved into metagaming, which in case you didn't already know, I am not a fan of.

I still find the D1 push to be scum-motivated. The lack of much Titus in this thread recently doesn't help, either. Since that topic went by the wayside, I don't find there to be much redeeming conversation at the moment. I DO appreciate you trying though, to engage Kuroi.

The way drealmerz(I think) described the game as "floating in space" or whatever is how I feel too. I really,
really
hate leaving a Ranger-esque reads list, but if anyone wants to talk about them or do the same, it might help.

Postie, drealmersz7, Creature -- town
JaeReed -- townlean
Klingoncelt, Vaxkiller, Mhsmith0 -- neutral
Creeps20, KuroiXHF -- no clue
Gamma Emerald -- scumlean
The DEO -- scum
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 2112, The DEO wrote:

~~Math
No my point was that I was offering to support a Vax lynch over Gamma. I don't care what you think of Vax but if you're going to potentially lose us the game by handing Gamma important info then I want Gamma dead immediately.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by The DEO »

I have been busy with real life, but see no groundbreaking revelations. Of course, I am waiting to eat bananas with Ghosts. The ghosts do not seem chatty though.

I should try mail. :(

~Titus

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”