Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10325 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10312, PeregrineV wrote:The role of Godfather exists to return false positives to cops.
The modifier of weak means "target scum and you die".
Does a weak role targeting a Godfather die?
If it's weak, yes, because the godfather is STILL mafia. Not Town, mafia.

I guess you answered it yourself later on. Gio did visit Maxous who was .. erm.. "a menace to Town" (to avoid the dichotomy of 3P vs Scum terminology). Gio didn't die. This means either this is not a standard weal role, or that Gio is lying. Either way it makes Mathblade more likely scum than not. If Gio is lying then he is covering for his scum p. If he has a tweaked role then his role doesn't die to "???" where "???" is unknown at this point, but it sure isn't beyond Skull who is well known to use non-standard and even tailored versions of roles.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10326 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

Instead of scumhunting you and Ank make up a theory out of thin air.

First it is that I am a variant Godfather.
Then it is a redirector despite every single one of Narna's checks being right but Town derp.
Despite having a way to instantly kill Gio when he would have followed me but instead a redirector...

Please. That is bullshit.

Just stop. You are inventing ways to lynch me because you don't like me versus actually hunting. It is sad.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10327 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10325, Almost50 wrote:
In post 10312, PeregrineV wrote:The role of Godfather exists to return false positives to cops.

I guess you answered it yourself later on. Gio did visit Maxous who was .. erm.. "a menace to Town" (to avoid the dichotomy of 3P vs Scum terminology). Gio didn't die. This means either this is not a standard weal role, or that Gio is lying. Either way it makes Mathblade more likely scum than not. If Gio is lying then he is covering for his scum p. If he has a tweaked role then his role doesn't die to "???" where "???" is unknown at this point, but it sure isn't beyond Skull who is well known to use non-standard and even tailored versions of roles.
Or Maxous was fucking ascetic as mentioned.

Stop this please. It is sad. Like really really sad.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10328 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

Mafia isn't a popularity contest. It is a who is scum and who is Town contest and y'all seem to be bending over backwards to call me scum because you don't like I townread SirCakez. I am human and I am vocal deal with it. I won't ever be liked because I am me. So once you wake up and admit you are lynching Gio and me because you don't like me then it may be too late to switch to Ank and PV.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10329 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10323, MathBlade wrote:I said you both are. Stop twisting my words.

Weak Gio targeted Maxous who is a claimed ascetic. That means the target never happened because ascetic.
Wikiquote-
Ascetic is a role modifier (though it can function as a role in its own right) that causes a player to be immune to all actions at Night except kills.
More precisely, Ascetic reflexively Roleblocks all actions taken against them except kills.
Gio targets Maxous causing Maxous to target Gio with a roleblock.
Gio being roleblocked means he gets no result.
Gio still targeted Maxous, so still should be dead.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10330 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:11 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10325, Almost50 wrote:

Scum claiming cop you lynch the cop not all of his results.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10331 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:28 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10326, MathBlade wrote:Instead of scumhunting you and Ank make up a theory out of thin air.

First it is that I am a variant Godfather.
Then it is a redirector despite every single one of Narna's checks being right but Town derp.
Despite having a way to instantly kill Gio when he would have followed me but instead a redirector...

Please. That is bullshit.

Just stop. You are inventing ways to lynch me because you don't like me versus actually hunting. It is sad.
Actually, I'm not inventing anything.
It's almost PoE, but evidence strongly points to you and Giio.

Giovanni il Pellegrino*- weak follower with weak results
MathBlade- Favored target of the scum inventor, "cleared" by the weak follower who only cleared you after living another night by never actually following scum

Yoshi- saved night5
PeregrineV- found the three dogs in the game, but I have access to his role PM
Nahdia- Can't kill, so hard to be scum
Ankamius- Gains vigs by hammering, but decides not to always hammer, cause scum hate free kills
Almost50- claimed something- but Cake spent most of the day6 on him, so figured he was designated mislynch of the day. Either way, Cake wanted him dead enough that I want him alive now.
JaeReed- VT or something, maybe Narna confirmed?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10332 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

A) That isn't how ascetic works
B) If it was how you thought it worked you would have brought it up much earlier.

Ascetics are not a roleblocker they are untargetable.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10333 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

Ascetic is a role modifier (though it can function as a role in its own right) that causes a player to be immune to all actions at Night except kills. More precisely, Ascetic reflexively Roleblocks all actions taken against them except kills.

Reflexively roleblocks meaning untargetable. The action never takes place.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10334 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:11 am

Post by MathBlade »

A roleblock even if you argue it as such means Gio never visits Maxous meaning no result meaning Gio can still be weak still target Maxous get no result and still be alive.

Furthermore you cannot argue Gio Cakez scum because then nothing would happen N5.

God you make me sick with how much bullshit you spew.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10335 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:13 am

Post by MathBlade »

When roleblocked a person goes no where and does nothing. That is the entire point! If Gio was targeting Maxous then he is roleblocked and goes nowhere and does nothing. The roleblock supercedes the follow in that case.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10336 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10332, MathBlade wrote:A) That isn't how ascetic works
B) If it was how you thought it worked you would have brought it up much earlier.

Ascetics are not a roleblocker they are untargetable.
A) Except the wiki states exactly how it works. I copied the words from the wiki.
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Ascetic

B) I wanted to see exactly how it worked, so I used the wiki.

I took the term reflexive roleblocker to mean reflexively roleblocking the person targeting them.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10337 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

This role modifier is considered Normal on mafiascum.net. An Ascetic role cannot be targeted by anything other than a kill. A role attempting to target an Ascetic should be seen doing so by Trackers and Motion Detectors. Investigative roles (Cops, Role Cops, Watchers, etc) should receive "no result" if attempting to investigate an Ascetic role.

Untargetable meaning Gio doesn't die
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10338 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

Read the next paragraph. It means Gio never targeted Maxous if he is a weak follower and is telling the truth.

Furthermore Gio also confirmed Narna and Narna flipped Town. In multiball what scum makes that risk? Please do explain.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10339 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:16 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10333, MathBlade wrote:Ascetic is a role modifier (though it can function as a role in its own right) that causes a player to be immune to all actions at Night except kills. More precisely, Ascetic reflexively Roleblocks all actions taken against them except kills.

Reflexively roleblocks meaning untargetable. The action never takes place.
Actually, a commuter would be untargetable, as per the wiki. An ascetic relfixely roleblocks, as per the wiki.

Quote-
The Commuter is a role that "leaves Town" each Night, thus making them ineligible to be targeted by Night actions
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10340 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:17 am

Post by MathBlade »

So for your point to have any merit at all Gio would have to be with Maxous before confirming Narna otherwise he was Town at that point and only would be converted post N5 but that possibility is eliminated as well.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10341 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10337, MathBlade wrote:This role modifier is considered Normal on mafiascum.net.
An Ascetic role cannot be targeted by anything other than a kill.
A role attempting to target an Ascetic should be seen doing so by Trackers and Motion Detectors. Investigative roles (Cops, Role Cops, Watchers, etc) should receive "no result" if attempting to investigate an Ascetic role.

Commuter is optional and also works on kills.
Ascetic is rolemodifier not optional and doesn't work on kills. Untargetable is in the goddamn wiki.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10342 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10334, MathBlade wrote:A roleblock even if you argue it as such means Gio never visits Maxous meaning no result meaning Gio can still be weak still target Maxous get no result and still be alive.

Furthermore you cannot argue Gio Cakez scum because then nothing would happen N5.

God you make me sick with how much bullshit you spew.
Gio cannot be reflexively roleblocked UNLESS he targets Maxous.

Quote-
A Reflexive role has a Power that is not actively used, but instead passively triggers upon some condition (usually the condition is being targeted at Night).
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10343 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10341, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10337, MathBlade wrote:This role modifier is considered Normal on mafiascum.net.
A role attempting to target an Ascetic should be seen doing so by Trackers and Motion Detectors. Investigative roles (Cops, Role Cops, Watchers, etc) should receive "no result" if attempting to investigate an Ascetic role.

Ascetic is rolemodifier not optional and doesn't work on kills. Untargetable is in the goddamn wiki.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10344 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

So Gio cannot target Maxous per the wiki in size 100 for you if Maxous was indeed ascetic. Size 500 font for you.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10345 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10335, MathBlade wrote:When roleblocked a person goes no where and does nothing. That is the entire point! If Gio was targeting Maxous then he is roleblocked and goes nowhere and does nothing. The roleblock supercedes the follow in that case.
The roleblock-ness on GIO is TRIGGERED (as in, does not happen unless) by the targeting of Gio on Max.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10346 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10343, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10341, MathBlade wrote:

GTKAS -- MathBlade
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10347 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:23 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10337, MathBlade wrote:This role modifier is considered Normal on mafiascum.net. An Ascetic role cannot be targeted by anything other than a kill. A role attempting to target an Ascetic should be seen doing so by Trackers and Motion Detectors. Investigative roles (Cops, Role Cops, Watchers, etc) should receive "no result" if attempting to investigate an Ascetic role.

More precisely
, Ascetic
reflexively Roleblocks
all actions taken against them except kills.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10348 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

What do you know Gio received a no result because he didn't target Maxous. Shocking. And because no target weak doesn't trigger.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10349 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10347, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 10337, MathBlade wrote:This role modifier is considered Normal on mafiascum.net. An Ascetic role cannot be targeted by anything other than a kill. A role attempting to target an Ascetic should be seen doing so by Trackers and Motion Detectors. Investigative roles (Cops, Role Cops, Watchers, etc) should receive "no result" if attempting to investigate an Ascetic role.

More precisely
, Ascetic
reflexively Roleblocks
all actions taken against them except kills.
Read the normal modifier section.

Gio can't fucking target Maxous and therefore weak would not trigger.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”