Open 665 - Friends and Enemies - Game Over! Town Victory!!!

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:05 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Don't mind my Ego post.
I'm not actually here...
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1700 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Sincerest apologies for the delay in daystart!
Tojam2 is out, so I'm updating things for now.

The timer has obviously been reset, so the new deadline is (expired on 2017-03-04 21:00:00)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1701 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 5.0
Not Voting
(5): gigabyteTroubadour, Empking, SnarkySnowman, MathBlade, Hawk

With 5 Players Alive, it takes 3 to Lynch.

Day 5 Ends May 3rd, 2017 or in (expired on 2017-03-04 21:00:00)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1791 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 5.Lynch!
Empking
(3): Hawk, SnarkySnowman, gigabyteTroubadour
--- LYNCH!

Hawk
(1): Empking

Not Voting
(1): MathBlade

With 5 Players Alive, it takes 3 to Lynch.

Day 5 Ends May 3rd, 2017 or in (expired on 2017-03-04 21:00:00)

I will contact Tojam. If I don't hear from him within the hour I will make this flip.
I am waiting out of respect for his game.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1792 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I have a feeling he's not going to be on until the wee hours of the morning (at least in this timezone), so let's do this!

Empking,
Mafioso
, was lynched Day 5!

N6 Starts Now and will end Feb 24/17 at 9:30pm EST or in (expired on 2017-02-24 21:30:00).

If all players request a faster night, I will honour that. If you would like to do so before Tojam2 returns, you will all have to CC me in your messages (obviously).
I am not, however, taking over this game, so if you would like to leave it in the hands of your proper Moderator, no need to do so.

- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1927 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Who needs Mods, amirite! :P
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1931 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I absolutely agree!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1939 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1938, MathBlade wrote:I did but I lost the ability to post it due to day starting earlier.

There wasn't enough believability to my sob story and I said I intentionally let night go all the way to make an airtight case. When day started early well I couldn't use it and just went fuck. :/ Got screwed twoce
Yeah, I'm extremely sorry man!

I should have been clearer in my PM to Tojam. Replied to him that I only had 2/4 people request it before he posted day start, but I don't think he's read that PM still.

I know apologies don't change anything, but all I can do is say sorry and promise to be better next time!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1944 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1942, tojam2 wrote:
In post 1939, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1938, MathBlade wrote:I did but I lost the ability to post it due to day starting earlier.

There wasn't enough believability to my sob story and I said I intentionally let night go all the way to make an airtight case. When day started early well I couldn't use it and just went fuck. :/ Got screwed twoce
Yeah, I'm extremely sorry man!

I should have been clearer in my PM to Tojam. Replied to him that I only had 2/4 people request it before he posted day start, but I don't think he's read that PM still.

I know apologies don't change anything, but all I can do is say sorry and promise to be better next time!
At the point I'd got that PM I'd already locked the PTs and announced the day start, so I was screwed if I backed down on it.
My bad B!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1952 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Tojam, I think there were aspects that can be improved upon to make the games go smoother, but that you did an alright job!

Tip 1: Always make sure there is a hammer before flipping. I go over my VCs 2-3 times when a hammer is suspected just to be sure.

Tip 2: Listen to the people. If they request votes be logged in order, just do it. If they ask for a "Not Voting" section in VCs, add it. These are little things that can make the game more enjoyable and easy to play, and can help you keep track of votes a lot easier. I always do VCs with 2 tabs open so I can update the VC in one while I go through the thread in the other, logging the votes in order. I even do this on mobile, so that's not a valid reason not to do it. I've also found that quoting the posts by number using the tags helps immensely, as I always know which vote is most recent and can be sure of its accuracy.

Tip 3: Just check in daily, even if only to do a quick speed read or update a VC or whatever and make sure there's nothing that needs your attention. I know I jumped in a couple times and maybe screwed up the end for Mathblade, but that's because timing couldn't be guaranteed and I didn't want to see the game suffer. This brings me to...

Tip 4: Always fact check! I wasn't clear about the quick night requests when I should have been, but had you checked the threads and PMs you had and simply figured that without seeing the requests yourself you would not honour them it could have been fixed before it happened. I'm not shifting blame, as it was mostly my fault there. Just trying to give a perspective on it. This rule goes to answering questions in thread, making sure a dayvig was from your actual dayvig not a random reaction test, double checking VCs (especially in the case of a hammer), etc.

Tip 5: Organization. Just like, making your posts look nice is huge in making the game fun and easy to follow. I've found many ways of doing this and the site has a lot of built in tools for it. Just compare our VCs and you'll probably see what I'm talking about.

I hope all of this helps and finds you well man! Sure there were bumps on this road, but hopefully we can make a strong modding community together!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1957 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I don't know if anyone objected to PTs being opened, so I will leave that to Tojam. However, I can change the Topic Title :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1962 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:36 am

Post by Aristophanes »

- Jingle

Return to “Completed Open Games”