Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Why do you list losses twice?

The changes I suggest for mercy, any ideas anyone suggests, should obv be in ptr before real games. I'd enjoy it if Blizzard tested more stuff on there even if most of it did not make real game
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Yeah, I'd love for that to happen. They way they were talking, they want to start doing that. Last time it just so happens that pretty much everything worked just fine, and everything was pushed through without much iteration.

Speaking of, what does everyone think of

-Hook 2.0
-Ana Nerfs
-D.Va... Nerf? Change?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by Psyche »

most sources i find suggest ana is one of the weaker supports with a winrate around 47%
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:06 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

nah ana is stupid she just needs more coordination with people and thats hard to come by.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:06 pm

Post by Accountant »

as a roadhog main I am tilted by hook nerfs
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 778, pickemgenius wrote:nah ana is stupid she just needs more coordination with people and thats hard to come by.
ok but that's what we call a weakness where i come from
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 780, Psyche wrote:
In post 778, pickemgenius wrote:nah ana is stupid she just needs more coordination with people and thats hard to come by.
ok but that's what we call a weakness where i come from

whatever floats your boat!
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:27 am

Post by Accountant »

they should literally fucking make it so you can't play mccree in competitive below a certain rank

I'm sick and tired of getting 3 offenses

and when I talk about it I'm told to chill and it's just a game

how about you stop playing competitive if you're not willing to be competitive

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 769, Psyche wrote:once i realized sombra's ult stops turrets i stopped whining so much about her weaknesses

also, i like her spray! we don't want a game where everyone shoots the same do we?
Lucio is only character in game whose gun fires 3 shots every time you pull triger once. Everyone else has 1 bullet per triger pull unless you hold it down where everyone is rappid fire

I figure making sombra's gun burst fire will give her more consistent damage. Buffing her damage would be another way of not needing it to be burst fire
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree with the DVa changes in the ptr. Less health more consistent damage they can go live imo.

I agree with the initial hook change to pov of hog and not pov of hook. This can go live

The stay connected changes seem off a little since you can go behind a lamp post and the hook will lose you

Edit: another PTR change coming. Now as long as part of you is still visible you are coming over. All of you has to break line of sight or GET OVER HERE!

The pull changes give roadhog a huge DPS increase. You can 1 shot zarya with a hook. killing Zarya on 1 shot feels wrong. Roadhog may soon need a dps nerf

When I first used Roadhog I only threw hooks when I thought they would work and I could not miss. When I realized how broken they were, I chucked them all over and got a lot of hooks I did not deserve. With these changes I should be fine. I just got to go back to the old way of how I played him.

Ultimately Roadhog mains should get higher eliminations with less hooks
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:18 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 775, PokerFace wrote:Why do you list losses twice?

The changes I suggest for mercy, any ideas anyone suggests, should obv be in ptr before real games. I'd enjoy it if Blizzard tested more stuff on there even if most of it did not make real game
oops meant 2 draws
In post 782, Accountant wrote:they should literally fucking make it so you can't play mccree in competitive below a certain rank

I'm sick and tired of getting 3 offenses

and when I talk about it I'm told to chill and it's just a game

how about you stop playing competitive if you're not willing to be competitive
biggest issue i have at low ranks is people who only play soldier or who only play junkrat regardless of what the team needs, which mode it is etc. i dont see three offence too often, it tends to be 2 attack and 1 defence on attack that is mroe common
In post 783, PokerFace wrote:
In post 769, Psyche wrote:once i realized sombra's ult stops turrets i stopped whining so much about her weaknesses

also, i like her spray! we don't want a game where everyone shoots the same do we?
Lucio is only character in game whose gun fires 3 shots every time you pull triger once. Everyone else has 1 bullet per triger pull unless you hold it down where everyone is rappid fire

I figure making sombra's gun burst fire will give her more consistent damage. Buffing her damage would be another way of not needing it to be burst fire
doesn't genjis also fire 3 shurikens?
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes Genji throws 3 shurikens with each trigger pull. So I guess you can say he has burst fire or burst throw but not a burst gun or a gun with burst fire.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 774, Randomnamechange wrote:7 wins 2 losses 18 losses this season wahey
So you got 18 draws. Thats alot. What maps have you been getting and what is your rank?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:37 am

nah, i got two draws. i listed it weirdly, i was tired
im bronze, about 1.3-4 k atm. my win rate has improved a lot though
you suck randomidget
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

Current Overwatch meta outside ptr is
Lucio, Ana, 76, Rienhart, Road Hog, Dva

I think the meta could shift to
Lucio, Ana, 76, Rienhart, Road Hog, Symetra (She can make other players tanks)
with the ptr changes

I really wish Symetras Shield Gen was not everlasting. Capping a point just gives the shield generator back to her at 100%.

Teleporter gets 6 uses and then its done. Capping a point gives teleporter back at 100% regardless of how many times its used

There needs to be a 1 minute timer on shield generator. If point is capped, you get percent back based on how long it was up. Same based on how many teleports the teleport got off. 6 teleports vs 60 seconds of shield gen. Seems fair to me.

I played a lot of no limits last night. Saw multiple symetras on teams 90% of time. Took forever to get my 9 wins. Got them all in a row once I found people willing to counter and change to pharah or winston. People so against changing in no limits and yet they still want loot boxes. I really wish they had kept "Welcome to Oasis" in the arcade another week. Or at least add something in the arcade that is not gimicky and random. Random 1v1 deathmatch, Random 6v6, Random Brawl. I am beginging to think 3v3 is best mode there
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:51 am

Post by Psyche »

i'd thought i'd fallen in love with this game, but it got boring rather quickly
there aren't enough heroes (and not even heroes that people actually
play
) to make each game feel unique
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:37 am

PokerFace wrote:Current Overwatch meta outside ptr is
Lucio, Ana, 76, Rienhart, Road Hog, Dva

I think the meta could shift to
Lucio, Ana, 76, Rienhart, Road Hog, Symetra (She can make other players tanks)
with the ptr changes

I really wish Symetras Shield Gen was not everlasting. Capping a point just gives the shield generator back to her at 100%.

Teleporter gets 6 uses and then its done. Capping a point gives teleporter back at 100% regardless of how many times its used

There needs to be a 1 minute timer on shield generator. If point is capped, you get percent back based on how long it was up. Same based on how many teleports the teleport got off. 6 teleports vs 60 seconds of shield gen. Seems fair to me.

I played a lot of no limits last night. Saw multiple symetras on teams 90% of time. Took forever to get my 9 wins. Got them all in a row once I found people willing to counter and change to pharah or winston. People so against changing in no limits and yet they still want loot boxes. I really wish they had kept "Welcome to Oasis" in the arcade another week. Or at least add something in the arcade that is not gimicky and random. Random 1v1 deathmatch, Random 6v6, Random Brawl. I am beginging to think 3v3 is best mode there
3v3 is good fun if you've got a couple of friends to play with.
you suck randomidget
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:30 am

Post by Accountant »

I'm convinced that the 3v3 best comp is either 3 tank or roadhog and dva + ana

Soldier 76 is overrated unless the player running him is god tier

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:34 am

Post by Accountant »

Roadhog is compulsory on 3v3 though, so damn strong. Bastion is a surprisingly good niche pick, esp with reinhardt. Zarya underrated. Rein good if you can land charges since landing a charge is even better than landing a hook.

For supports: ana best by far, followed by zenyatta, then mercy/lucio. Symmetra should be played as offense.

Reaper good counterpick to 3 tank comps. Run ana to avoid this.

Never pick tracer, hanzo, genji etc. Because they can force the fight into a confined area reasonably easily and the small map works against flankers. Hanzo is just an inferior widow on this map unless you have an aimbot or can consistently land good scatters.

Widow is overrated and over used, flank her through cryo with hog or boop her with dva

Never play sombra/torb

Pharah should be paired with mercy and the third member should be someone who can operate alone(hog, reaper, etc.) because they'll be apart from the sky duo

That's all the stuff I have about 3v3

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Accountant »

Never set up in spawn and wait for them to come to you. They can jnvade with a tank and ana/hog covering escape tunnel. You dont want to be facing a rein/hog/dva/zarya up close.

EDIT: exception is if you're 99% sure they'll run a fragile comp like hog, zenyatta, 76, then you can pick bastion, ana, rein and set up in spawn, use the rein to lure them into hidden bastion nest

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:39 am

Post by Psyche »

the right pick id always 76
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:48 am

we were running zen, mccree/soldier, and road/rein. we won 1 lost 1 on 3v3 iirc
you suck randomidget
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:51 am

Post by Clumsy »

My usual set-up is Ana, Roadhog, and D.Va/Soldier, depending on what's working. Occasionally we'll even swap in a Winston in that 2nd or 3rd slot, like when we fought a Hanzo/Widow/Mercy. That was... interesting.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I run Roadhog, Zen, Rien or 76 pending what my teamates are using in the 3v3

Mei is very good in 3v3 but I don't enjoy playing as her. I often see teammates pick her. Dva is very good but I see people pick Mei more as she has self heals. I'd rather have self heals over depending on others. I feel Dva is weaker than Hog and Ana so Dva is not needed as much

Roadhog and Ana are top tier in 3v3 due to self heals and sleep/hook kills. You can run practically anyone with the two of them as your teammates. Anti-heal very good if enemy has a Roadhog. 9/10 they do.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

Oh yeah I forgot about Mei, she's a god in 1v1s, can even win roadhog sometimes.

2 tanks and ana beat 76, tank and support

1 good rein charge/road hook/dva chase with support split off or picked off and the 76 is down, then it's a massacre

Return to “The Arcade”