Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by Medea the Alien »

Not penguin so I'm skipping all the Tammy questions, unless some of them were directed at me. I imagine it does change things that Tammy's posts were made form the point of view of all investigative roles being one-shots. That WOULD be desperate times.

But no, i have a more important thing to blather on about:
In post 77, Keybladewielder wrote:2. The Gunsmith has the traditional Mafiascum ability of checking for guns (based on role, not flavor) but also has the ability to hand out a gun once to a player, turning them into a Daytime Vigilante.
In post 0, Keybladewielder wrote:Town 1-Shot Vigilante (x1)

^See this shit? This shit means we can lose on day fucking two. Not night two. You thought this setup was swingy before? It fucking BLOWS now. Both "extra" kills should be completely off the table during the first cycle; and IMO off the table unless there's LITERALLY confirmed scum.
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 115, Persivul wrote:In my experience, scum, who know the alignments, are less likely to have thoroughly read the setup than town.
nope, wrong.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Yeah Gunsmith shouldn't gun unless there's confirmed town, no point.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by BBmolla »

more LUV votes? why are we interrogating Tammy who's probably town
Reflektor
Reflektor
Goon
Reflektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Reflektor »

My reason for scumreading Tammy was wrong.

VOTE: BBMolla

Don't like BBmolla's defense of Tammy in #128. Next vote would probably be Medea or someone with only one post. I haven't slept in nearly 48 hours so I'll tackle page 5 in the morning.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by BBmolla »

a whole page dedicated to investigating someone who is probably town anyway is wholly a waste of time, you can disagree with me if you want but you're just plain wrong
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by BBmolla »

if that's nacho you're double wrong :|
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by Tammy »

That's not nacho.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 125, Medea the Alien wrote:Not penguin so I'm skipping all the Tammy questions, unless some of them were directed at me. I imagine it does change things that Tammy's posts were made form the point of view of all investigative roles being one-shots. That WOULD be desperate times.
What does it change?

The only thing it changes in my mind is that if we make it to day three we might not be in terrible shape, but that was also before it was pointed out that gunsmith's actually can give false positives. So, yay we have a cop we can't trust and a gunsmith we could use results to mislynch with. Woo.

Whether or not they're one-shot, we can still lose the game on day two.

(And yeah, I had that melt down privately about the day vig was just gonna shut up about the sky is falling bit.)
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 128, BBmolla wrote:more LUV votes? why are we interrogating Tammy who's probably town
In post 129, Reflektor wrote:My reason for scumreading Tammy was wrong.

VOTE: BBMolla

Don't like BBmolla's defense of Tammy in #128. Next vote would probably be Medea or someone with only one post. I haven't slept in nearly 48 hours so I'll tackle page 5 in the morning.
What didn't you like about BB's defense?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 128, BBmolla wrote:more LUV votes? why are we interrogating Tammy who's probably town
I haven't felt this town right off the bat in a really long time. It's because I'm home alone with nothing pressing to do :(

I don't have any town reads I feel good about right now, though there's a little part of me that thinks that nacho would have told prism not to attack me for something little like that and this would be stronger if it weren't for the fact that we got our roles last night and he might not have had a chance to interact with him about it so it's probably nothing, but I do have a couple I'm watching you reads besides my actual scum read. I'm gonna hold off on those though because it's super early in the game and I might just be extra jumpy due to setup paranoia and the fact that I got extra invested earlier than usual because I've been home all day thinking about this and other people probably just aren't.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Post by Medea the Alien »

In post 133, Tammy wrote:
In post 125, Medea the Alien wrote:Not penguin so I'm skipping all the Tammy questions, unless some of them were directed at me. I imagine it does change things that Tammy's posts were made form the point of view of all investigative roles being one-shots. That WOULD be desperate times.
What does it change?

The only thing it changes in my mind is that if we make it to day three we might not be in terrible shape, but that was also before it was pointed out that gunsmith's actually can give false positives. So, yay we have a cop we can't trust and a gunsmith we could use results to mislynch with. Woo.

(And yeah, I had that melt down privately about the day vig was just gonna shut up about the sky is falling bit.)
There's things in this setup I'd speak more about; but on the off chance scum don't see what I see, I'll leave it until it's relevant or needed. I will say that Penguin and I ran through various scenarios and breaking methods in the shower earlier. None of them play positively when there's so few opportunities for safe error.
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 136, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 133, Tammy wrote:
What does it change?

There's things in this setup I'd speak more about; but on the off chance scum don't see what I see, I'll leave it until it's relevant or needed. I will say that Penguin and I ran through various scenarios and breaking methods in the shower earlier. None of them play positively when there's so few opportunities for safe error.

Right and I would expect no less from you guys, but that doesn't explain Penguin's entrance and reaction or lack of direct interaction with me. If you guys had been discussing it, I'd expect some comment along that way, not why are you guys suggesting this nonsense. Sot then Penguin's entrance just looks like posturing and if you'd discussed it well then it should have been different.

~~~

I am now sufficiently buzzed that I should be able to fall asleep soon. I promise I won't be overposting like this all game. I really do wish that Fate had commented on something more than AJ and his tone, but I believe he's doing the Canada meet thing so I await him to arrive in all his glory as well.

Nacho if you read this, please post in this game and if you're town please make it obvious. I don't have the luxury of himming and hawing about you until day three because we might not have that long, so if you could do jazz hands, cartwheels, or pole dancing i for one would be super duper grateful :)

good night all and to all a good night
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:46 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote
Vote: Luv

I think one of the core things with this setup is that the pool of people getting lynched today is pretty small - assuming scum don't counterclaim a power role, which would be stupid of them - and its fairly scum heavy. Lynching scum gives us a huge burst of knowledge (as well as motivation) so that's something which strengthens two-men teams and will weaken a four man team.

LUV's reaction to the four team thing isn't so bad that I noticed it, but I definitely can see it now it has been pointed out,
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:53 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

What makes my reaction bad and why is it AI?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:21 am

Post by BBmolla »

why do your posts continue to blow
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:33 am

Post by Empking »

In post 139, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:What makes my reaction bad and why is it AI?
It is AI because it seems like something scum would do for calculated town brownie-points. It's bad for the same reason.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:00 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 119, Tammy wrote:What did you think about my point on Medea
Assuming you're referring to 52, I disagree. They said, "WTF is with no lynching and mass claiming being bandied about as good ideas this early?" I agree with that. Those were bad ideas. Your vote is OMGUSsy.
and what did you think about BB's vote on LUV?
It was feelings based on very little information. That's fine for him personally this early in the game, but it does nothing to sway
me
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:03 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 122, Fate wrote:My vote was serious
Oooh, terribly mysterious.

Sorry, but I hate that shit. If the vote was serious, use your big boy words and explain the reasoning.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 110, Persivul wrote:
In post 97, Tammy wrote:What would lead me to think it's an open game anyway? Here's the post I looked at. What looks special about it that I should have noticed. Does it say "OPEN GAME EVERYONE THERE'S FOUR SCUM MAKE SURE YOU NOTICE THAT" anywhere?
No, but when you click on
Description
it tells you exactly what roles are in the game.
In post 115, Persivul wrote:
In post 111, Tammy wrote:Who does that?
I did, and I believe some other people did.
And why are you acting like I'm supposed to?

Where was my scum motivation for reacting to the setup the way I did though?
In my experience, scum, who know the alignments, are less likely to have thoroughly read the setup than town. Further, while setup spec can be beneficial, it can also be used as a way to appear busy without really scum hunting.
...You realize that when Tammy signed up for this game, she did not have a role?
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Fate »

Every post AJ has made are my reasons
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:46 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 144, Aj The Epic wrote:...You realize that when Tammy signed up for this game, she did not have a role?
Sure do. I also realize that, by the time she was posting, the setup was there in the first post.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Persivul »

LOL...are we all halftime posting?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:48 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 142, Persivul wrote:
In post 119, Tammy wrote:What did you think about my point on Medea
Assuming you're referring to 52, I disagree. They said, "WTF is with no lynching and mass claiming being bandied about as good ideas this early?" I agree with that. Those were bad ideas. Your vote is OMGUSsy.
HUH?

I've definitely said more words about my read than 52. Did you just stop reading at that point?

I can't tell if this is a case of you completely misunderstanding, me being unclear, or you willfully mischaracterizing my point and then making a weird accusation based on the mischaracterization. Right now, I kinda want to lean towards door number three because I can't for the life of me understand where you got that idea or that it could possibly even come close to omgussy.
Persivul wrote:
and what did you think about BB's vote on LUV?
It was feelings based on very little information. That's fine for him personally this early in the game, but it does nothing to sway
me
I mean it's definitely based on a reaction and his posts in the game; it's not just made up feelings or a tone read. Do you disagree with what BB and Empking see?

What do you think about LUV in general?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:04 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 145, Fate wrote:Every post AJ has made are my reasons
Ah the low-effort shitposting begins.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”