All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:59 am

Post by All Alone »

I think THE GIN AND TONIC is scum,,,
In post 993, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:So far, he's been posting a lot and I see actual effort by him, going off of him hating scum, I'm almost willing to promise a town read here, that or he'll flake at the end and we'll know.
In post 993, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Wraith I'm liking after he did that one big post, I saw genuine scum hunting when analyzing the entire thread up to that point and that's why he's got a town read
In post 993, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Overall I like Zach, at first his posting was kinda weak but he's been showing he doesn't care about anyone, he's gonna do his thing and he isn't submissive either which I like.
In post 993, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Grey, I'm going to go with a town lean here. He's been active in the thread asking questions and pointing out illogical cases; overall his actions are justified
In post 993, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:When you dissect her posts(wall posts), she is pointing out logical inconsistencies and her reasoning is sound, ergo town lean
In post 993, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:I'm town leaning to null with Lil Uzi, so far he's been posting good thoughts and I get a good gut feeling about him
These are some
really
low level reads. Like the only times I see readslists full of "TOWN BECAUSE ACTIVE AND LOGICAL" are in Newbie games, and even then usually from a player who spent the first page arguing for No Lynch and needed three tries to get the vote tags to work. After you've been around for more than a game or two and you see the Active And Logical players roll scum just as often as the lazyasses and dipshits, you realize that scumhunting isn't a matter of figuring out who's right, but who genuinely believes they're right.

I think Gin has played Mafia long enough to know all that. Yet when I look at this readlist, I don't see someone who's figured out who genuinely believes they're right. I see someone who's figured out who they want to pocket.
In post 993, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Another thing that's got me a tickled town read is the fact that [Alisae] voted me for saying scum have day chat. Just that entire interaction screamed town to me reading back.
This is Gin's only townread with any depth to it, and even it bothers me. Here's the important thing: this interaction happened in the early pages,
before
Gin went full force on Alisae. And there's no way he didn't see this interaction before then, since he was literally half of it! So if the game started out with an Alisae interaction that screamed town to Gin, why would Gin spend the middle of the game attacking Alisae? I don't buy that.
In post 993, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Also that last post capitalizing ITS PISSING ME OFF, reads fake as hell. If you honestly expect to have everything laid out D1 and easy, especially in a large, you're delusional or frustrated noob but that slots been alive for a year and half so I see it as a fake reaction. No reason an experienced player would think it would be easy.
No, I
don't
expect everything laid out easy. I know full well that scumhunting is a battle of wits. That's exactly what irritates me about "reaction tests": there's no battle to them! It's literally just someone putting on a red mask, and then I see someone who looks red and attack them, and then they're like "joke's on you I was only pretending". Like okay, it turns out the interaction
was
fake, just not in an AI way, so in the end I learn absolute jack about the one and only thing I'm trying to learn.
Fuck
that, and
fuck
"reaction tests". I want a real battle. Give me a real battle or go to hell and stop wasting my time.
In post 993, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:I'm giving [EchoVision] a scum lean. So far I've seen him have a joking manner but I get a bad vibe from it, like he's trying to hide behind the humour and his general diction.
Hey, Gin, what's black and white and red all over?

YOUR ROLE PM HAHAHAHAHA

VOTE: TheRealGin-N-Tonic
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:02 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Actually I enjoy BDSM Tokyo please feel free to call me BDSM Tokyo for the remainder of this game

General explanation for most of that post would be I didn't have any notes or anything for the beginning of the game and decided I'd get into it with notes again. Been playing really lazily lately and felt like doing the notes again because I feel like I've had low impact in a lot of my games so I decided to go back to notetaking. Made my notes today and I woke up like 15ish hours ago

anyways drinking a whole lot right now umm in response to your post more specifically:
In post 993, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote: ssbm_Kyouko
Spoiler: BDSM Tokyo
Post 178 got me fucked up with her saying she doesn't think it was scum theatre but then accuses Alisae of not thinking it could be scum theatre.
Post 368, she votes Alisae because she is asking people about what they think instead of interrogating them(which is asking them what they think).

Also in post 355, she says things dont look good regarding Alisae because she didn't try to defend me but the kicker is that she doesn't vote Alisae until more people voted her and decided to join the wagon at post 368.

Overall, she said she looked scummy but saw the opportunity to push the lynch on her closer so she thought it would be best to hop on at that point and blend in.

post 819 is one of the weakest cases to vote someone. If it wasn't clear, I was requesting a flashwagon on RB because I love to use people's words against them. @Post 694, RB says he's going to game solve before D1 ends and he'd be town as fuck, at this point a thought occurred to me that RB has been doing every single he's done in his own twisted scum hunting so I'd at least be willing to see where it takes me if I followed the little shit.

post 890, it's a vote against Pine and quite honestly, she doesn't ever mention Pine's name besides the scum theatre incident where she doesn't believe it was scum theatre. During this time around this vote, I noticed multiple votes go onto Pine, her reasoning of Pine buddying rb to protect me is a stretch and she didn't even show where it was done. I read it as just a quick reason to vote and hope on the newest trendy vote.

The last post I'm concerned about is post 930 where she all throughout the post she talks about Ircher and I being scum and how Ircher is scum and gives thought to it but says fuck that, I'll keep a vote on Pine when I haven't given reasoning or quotes as to how my read is actually a solid one.
Disagree with a few of your scumreads and the list in general bugged me, think I was SRing one of your TRs or something. anyshways LUV is town so good on you but scum would know that anyways

Had to look back at 178. That was me telling Alisae her Creature vote was misplaced in less simple terms. Encouraging him to think more about all the possibilities instead of conf-biasing.
I remember 368. I think asking people for their reads on other people is lazy/scummy play because you either aren't asking pointed questions (lazy) or you're trying to figure out which players to keep alive to manipulate future lynches(scummy)
Thing is I've been in lots of games w/ Alisae recently and have realized he is lynchbait and knows it. Not making an effort to be less lynchbaity either as far as I can tell. I waited to get on the wagon because I know he's a lynchbaity player and wanted to be more sure about it before I got onto it.
Looks like my reason to vote you in 819 was a misunderstanding then so I don't see why you use that as a point against me instead of just saying it's a misunderstanding *yawn* Unless you're scum then that would make sense why you'd do that
890 My readslist was on a knife's edge and I really would have needed a flip to solidify things and then rb went and confirmed himself so that really helped me figure out some associations and the post even contains what I have in my notes. Pine was clear cut for me once I saw rb flip town.
930 literally "points away from a Ircher/Gin team" so I don't know why you'd read that as Ircher and you being scum unless you're paranoid that people will notice you. I think maybe if you were drinking before you read 930 you misread it. Not sure, anyways, you should read it again and get back to me whether you still think the same about it

pedit: Nice meme Alisae (about Gin's role pm)
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:03 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

oh shit that was All Alone not Alisae, nice meme
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:12 am

Post by Creature »

TMW All Alone is accusing Gin of having all his reads short but one.
Sigh
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:13 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I didn't like gin calling everyone town but maybe that's just a personal thing

Zach, why is hs town?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:05 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

twenty bajillion posts later rb is innocent child
checks out with his actions, and i buy into his motivations (even though it's irrelevant because he's innocent child lmao)

bdsm_tokyo is the best thing i've heard all week
might be able to get on board with a gin wagon, need to look at the slot closer
i think ircher's pants-on-head stupid push on rb is far more consistent with 'memeing and angry townIrcher' than 'scumIrcher trying to push a mislynch', and i don't buy that he was intentionally going for that look as scum in this particular instance
How come you came in agreeing 2/2 for me but then say "eh I can't read dunn anyway"
us agreeing does not make you town, you making posts that are consistent with you being town make you town
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:11 am

don't remember where it was said, but Creature said it'd be a good idea to cycle through lurker slots early, and despite it being creature (scumread waning, need a readout wallpost tbh) i heartily agree, considering how many mislynches we have (i'm not used to this luxury in a normal game) and how killer lurker slots are closer to the end of the game.

though i do agree its a better idea to lynch scum.

VOTE: All Alone

wagon i can best get behind atm, blatantly bad iso that doesn't even need a readout to parse.
nah
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:23 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Gin's reads list didn't do much for me. It just felt underwhelming because it seemed like he was going to bring it. The little name thing he's got going on and his reaction to rb's comment on the list makes me think that is honestly where he's at right now, and that he didn't just throw shit together in an attempt to deliver.

The only thing I seriously felt compelled to do after reading it was to take a look at Echo's ISO. And I'm glad I did because I don't get a town vibe from it overall and I'm not sure why the frustration he was showing earlier eroded all of the previous feelings I had about the slot. Coupled with how forgotten he's been, it's going to take me a while to feel comfortable town reading him.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:26 am

It's not really meta, it's more like an intuitive understanding of their personality. It's not about things they specifically do as town or scum it's about how their overall persona comes across and the context of things they say.
hey it looks like i ended up alright after all
i came to this conclusion independently daddy, are you proud of me?
nah
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:04 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

Eventually I think I'll be able to add posts as to where my town reads come from, but yeah, I promised a reads list at work and ended up spending the night getting drunk at my girls house but I promised a reads list but it won't be renovated until like Thursday or Friday because honestly time is difficult for me during the weekdays.

Also with D1, you have around 12-15 players be at least town so honestly, D1 I give away town reads like candy. I go after those final few that grind my gears in the thread and I'm usually right from there.

If AA was a good player, or town, he'd be able to deduce that I thought Alisae was town after I "reread." Ya know, the part where I said I reread it.

I'm headin to work, i'll post more when I'm there
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:10 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Wait, Gin are you actually 18? I thought you were in your 30s :dead:
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:14 am

yeah lmao his name, icon and posting style implies far older than 18
nah
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:26 am

Mini GTKAS:
18, currently in 3rd year of college as in going for my bachelors, moved out and currently working full time at a laboratory until the semester hits.

My favorite drink is Gin and Tonic, I love chemistry, my girl, and mind games in that order.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:18 am

One thing I'm self aware about is that I'm usually scummy as fuck in the beginning of games no matter what. I'm going through the ISO of Pine and he calls me his strongest town read but he never stated why. I'm curious as to what about my usually scummy as fuck play screamed town to him so much to declare me INNO from the start.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:42 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

So I'm the only one that didn't get a pun in my name huh? You fuck

In post 1005, Dunnstral wrote:I didn't like gin calling everyone town but maybe that's just a personal thing

Zach, why is hs town?
I think he's actually trying to investigate things even though I may not agree with things he says there is a definite finding stuff out motive there
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:05 am

Post by Wraith »

LA of sorts until Sunday or Monday
. I have a very stressful series of exams and interviews over the next few days that will be demanding my full attention.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:05 am

Post by Wraith »

LA of sorts until Sunday or Monday
. I have a very stressful series of exams and interviews over the next few days that will be demanding my full attention.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Creature »

Damn, apparently we feel like we all got scum but we don't want to discuss other lynches otherwise scum might get away.
Sigh
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 am

In post 984, EchoVision wrote:So are we changing our wagon again? god damn xD
I like the thought of an echo wagon
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:22 am

Post by Creature »

No, keep the wagon on scum.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:22 am

Post by Creature »

Is it bad if town switches wagon from scum to another scum?
Sigh
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:26 am

I like the thought because we can see who does and doesn't support it. If we don't end up liking it we go back to AA.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:29 am

Besides him being a scum read to me, I'd like it also for a VCA when it matters in end game
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:32 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Okay, let's wake this up because he posts elsewhere.
Sigh

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”