FaerieLord (1)
- Mathblade

Not Voting (4)
- Gamma Emerald, FaerieLord, Clumsy Phoenix

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Mod Notes

None!

Third party needs to claim, right now.
Last edited by SnarkySnowman on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Claims so far are

ClumsyPhoenix: Tracker
MathBlade: Doctor
Gamma: Rule-Guesser? ("I can guess a rule, and if I get it right I'm immune to lynching.")
Faerie: Kill-immune Ascetic
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Taking all of the other claims at face value

Doctor: Seems fine, we haven't had another protective in the game, but we could have just not had one.
Rule Guesser: Immunity to lynching doesn't fit as scum, as lynching is town's number 1 ability. Giving someone immunity to lynching as scum is a big deal, and with this, if he guesses right every time, can't lose as scum.
Kill-Immune Ascetic (upon not breaking rules): Doesn't make sense as scum, because we have no vigilante in the town. So they would not need to be kill immune.

The issue here is that at least one, if not two, are lying.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

As far as I know, none of our roles have been able to be confirmed. We have had no information (even on N2, when we should have, unless I'm a total derp). Doctor hasn't hit a heal. Gamma, did you ever hit your ability correctly? And the last is just uncomfirmable. We tracked you last night but got no result. Whether that's because Ascetic or because you went no-where, we can't tell.

I could see Ascetic on Scum, makes it effectively a stronger GF for town. Kill-immune could be fake claimed. Doctor is a safe fake claim given that we didn't have another protective. Rule Guesser is interesting, and I could see going either way I think.

It's difficult here. Both heads are paranoid most about FaerieLord, and our conversations manage to gravitate towards him a lot. There's a huge gut pull there.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Uh, found a problem. We were thinking Role distribution was Town:3rd Party:Cult:Scum:Mod. This can't be right.

In post 0, SnarkySnowman wrote:
Role InformationThis game has a distribution of 5:4:3:2:1.
In post 517, SnarkySnowman wrote:
End of Day 1 Votecount
BTD6_Maker (9)
- Chairman, Chairman, Chairman, Chairman, Chairman, Chairman, Chairman, 123456789 [LYNCH]
Radical Rat (5)
- karnos, Gamma Emerald, shos, BTD6_Maker
karnos (4)
- Chairman, Chairman, FaerieLord
ironstove (3)
- Chairman, Chairman, Chairman
Gamma Emerald (3)
- Clumsy Phoenix, Chairman, Chairman
Mas y Menos (3)
- Chairman, Chairman, Chairman
shos (2)
- Radical Rat, SlySly
123456789 (2)
- Chairman, Tiershift
SnarkySnowman (2)
- ironstove, karnos

Not Voting (3)
- Mas y Menos*, Suzune*, shos*

Mod Notes

BTD6_Maker has been lynched!

After a long, drawn out hand, everyone looked around. BTD6_Maker had about 35 cards, while everyone else was close to having none.

This is not how a card game should go.

BTD6_Maker
, a
Town Watcher
, was kicked out of the game Day 1.

It is now Night 1. Send actions asap please. Nights have a 2-day deadline.

End of Day 1. Town hung. Should be 4:4:3:2:1

In post 518, SnarkySnowman wrote:
p"And how does that make you feel, SlySly?" the man asked, looking out the window of his office.

SlySly looked down, then back at the room behind, where everyone was playing the card game.

"You know how this goes. Just business..."

"Come here," said the man.

He moved closer, slowly. The man lowered his hat. "You are out of the game. Goodbye"

~

SlySly
, a
Survivor and Rule Revisor
, has been
lynched
removed from the card game.

It is now Day 2.

3rd party killed in night. Should be 4:3:3:2:1
In post 537, SnarkySnowman wrote:
That didn't take long! Hammer is confirmed on RR, with more than 20 votes. Votecount will be added upon request but otherwise I don't feel like it - there are lots of votes by ironstove, with ironstove hammering, that's all you need.

And in the next hand, it went swift. Ironstove lay down card after card, and in a flash, he appointed Radical Rat as the loser.

Radical Rat
, a
Heavily Post-Restricted, Timer'd Bulletproof Jester
, has been savagely removed from the game.

Radical Rat has achieved his win condition, and wins! He is removed from the game, and you all keep playing. The following is now the distribution of roles - 4:3:2:2:1

It is now Night 2. Please send actions ASAP!

If that was also 3rd party, it should be 4:2:3:2:1. RR was pulled out of the 3rd slot though.

Also, 3rd slot can't be cult, because it would start at 1 and grow, not 3 and shrink. Something isn't right here. We need to figure this out. Now.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 949, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:
3:1:0:2:1 is the new role distribution.
My best guess is still Town:3rd party:Cult:Scum:Mod

Cloudkicker hangs

3:1:0:1:1

Dead townie

2:1:0:1:1

is what we're at.

2 town, 1 3rd party, 1 scum, 1 mod.
Did you read my entry post earlier? And why I asked Gamma if Town and why I said then from your POV ...

Like that is what I said before

:face palm:
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

0 cult because of the destruction of the cult midgame? Not following what the issue is here.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Not all cults start at 1. Some start higher and have specific recruiting restrictions. It is the starts at 1 that is flawed.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

We two heads have spoken. We see no way the role distribution could be true. Cult either started with 2, 1-9 Cult leader and Mas Y Menos Recruit, or 1, just 1-9 leader. If they were the 2, then scum would either be more than 2, at which point we would have lost, or they were the 1, in which case they would be eliminated and there is no space in there for the mod in that distribution.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

WRT your last post, math, We know that the cult either started with 2 or 1, as Gamma was "returned to previous alignment" and they were the only 3. If they started with 2, Scum was either 3 (In which case, we would be endgamed) or 1 (In which case they are eliminated,, and there is no spot in that distribution for the Mod unless he is slotted in with some other faction for some reason). Neither of these scenarios are possible, and therefore the distribution -has- to be a mod lie.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

yeah still not getting it. I don't think the mod is lying about the distribution after checking it that many times per the post.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Or there is one scum alive. The scum was a 2 and now a 1? Like I don't see the problem.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:00 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Math, just do this for me. Write out the distribution and assign the factions to it. Do it for me right now.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:17 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Math you also literally can't claim to be town and townread anyone else if the role distribution is correct.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

It is almost midnight here. Will do it tomorrow.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

VOTE: MathBlade

Well then we'll just park this vote here then. If you're trying to stall for time on the deadline, it won't work on our watch.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:42 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

In post 936, MathBlade wrote:
In post 935, FaerieLord wrote:Miller makes perfect sense because it's giving wrong results. I'm giving no results. That's a major difference.
Apart from that, Miller can only have one person getting bad results (there isn't often more than 1 cop role). Anyone with a PR can confirm me.

So no, I disagree with your theory crafting. Claiming an early power role is the wrong call, cause if someone called a result on me in a heavy power role based game like this one, then I'd have had a good chance of having caught scum.
...That isn't how that works. It isn't my theory crafting. It is years of site crafting.

Anyone with a PR who could have could also just be blocked. The fact you are claiming it now is sketchy as fuck. There is no way you are town.

VOTE: FairieLord
Yeah, I haven't played a game of mafia on this site in years. Excuse me for not being up to date with the site craft. Not even sure if I ever encountered an ascetic before (outside of scumchat or something).
Yeah, what's your point? A cop can be blocked, making them unable to confirm their ability too. Should they claim their ability D1 too?

Like even if you're right that ascetic should claim D1 (which I don't agree with), you're basing your vote off of me not knowing how to play my role.

Going to double post soon re: some of the recent posts.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:24 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

In post 940, MathBlade wrote:
In post 937, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:So Math wanted us to vote multiple times on one person, which the voting rules that were revealed show would have turned all of the votes on us, killing us instantly. Math was also super against showing the voting rules. Math was trying to get us killed off without anyone knowing why. Care to explain?
Did before.

I did not think CK was scum and cards were stacked against town and I was Town doc so if I made a case and sounded townie I would then be killed and then chance to get out of this hole gone as I am Town doc. So I made sure my reads were known and said Gamma was my top read (TierShift was second) as a hint I would protect Gamma that night. It was the best I could do to catch scum and not be too townie that I could think of. If you lynched yourself and I was wrong I would have reevaluated my reads that night.
Why did you decide to protect Gamma over the pretty much confirmed power role? (Since their abilities was confirmed pretty well in the flavour text). That's a pretty insane town read you have on Gamma to decide it's worth forgoing our confirmed PR.
In post 959, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:WRT your last post, math, We know that the cult either started with 2 or 1, as Gamma was "returned to previous alignment" and they were the only 3. If they started with 2, Scum was either 3 (In which case, we would be endgamed) or 1 (In which case they are eliminated,, and there is no spot in that distribution for the Mod unless he is slotted in with some other faction for some reason). Neither of these scenarios are possible, and therefore the distribution -has- to be a mod lie.
Could it be that Gamma was returned to their previous alignment, which was still cult member? So the cult started with 1-9 & Gamma, MasyMenos was recruited, cult disbanded, Gamma "returned" to third party.
And speaking of, where is Gamma right now? Their contributions today seem to have been very cursory.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Since we're close to deadline, here are my reads right now

Clumsy Phoenix: Really conflicted because they're playing most pro-town in this game, but their claim sucks ass. I just can't see scum roleblocking the same person every night, especially since Clumsy Phoenix didn't seem obv-powerrole-town early on in the game.

MathBlade: The only reason I think they're town is because it fits karnos' role really well. They tried to take advantage of the voting rule which only they knew (because they made it), and karnos said his ability only works on town factions. Otherwise, the fact that they tried to turn into Day-Vigs while denying town their lynch, the fact that they deflected away from the Cloud lynch, which was a really solid one, as well as the fact that ironstove was generally not the least scummy player in the game, would make them a very solid contender for last scum.

If someone can provide a solid reason as to how MathBlade could abuse what Karnos gave them, I'd be really up to hear it, because now, as far as scum reads go, I'm a bit confused.

Gamma: There are a lot of things I don't like. The fact that they had a part in outing the cult, claiming the same role as a role that previously existed, claiming that they got a new role which pretty much does nothing, their general lack of solid contributions to playing mafia (look at their iso, it's a bit sad). Gut wise, they haven't seemed scummy, but that's probably cause they've been very under the radar.

If I were to currently guess, I'd say Gamma scum, Clumsy Phoenix neutral, Mathblade Town. If someone can provide a reason as to how Mathblade knew the rule while we didn't, it'd go to what I feel more strongly about which is Math scum, Gamma neutral, Clumsy Town.

As with usual, I'll put votes on when I have to.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:41 am

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

@FaerieLord
In post 897, MathBlade wrote:And I was trying to get you to lynch yourself since I thought Cloudkicker was Town. Rule 18 was the rule my slot made up.

There's also one thing you're forgetting about with our claim. We don't have any information, true, but we only had to be blocked for 1 night if you're telling the truth, not every night. You're ascetic, remember? So we wouldn't see you going anywhere last night.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 965, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:VOTE: MathBlade

Well then we'll just park this vote here then. If you're trying to stall for time on the deadline, it won't work on our watch.
This is shit. I was up since 2 am nearly 24 hours. When I didn't want to do simple math I knew I needed sleep. Accusing RL of being fake is shit and the mod posted about a few days we had. Voting for me because I don't understand your arguments and I am not super human is a low blow. If I didn't think Gamma or you were the second Town with me then I would be voting you. As it is pds that Fairie Lord isn't Town. While I don't get your distribution points still I am going to scum hunt not anger hunt.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:13 am

Post by MathBlade »

@FairieLord -- Doctor is a game of wifom. Like the chairman can confirm postgame I waffled more than WaffleHouse on who to protect. I thought at the end TierShift was too obvious so went with Gamma and started crumbing.

A cop doesn't claim because it doesn't interfere with results. It is only those that interfere with results should claim.

I believe you haven't played a game here in years. It I don't believe you wouldn't claim it and I don't believe even if you wouldn't claim it that Town would have that OP. Power.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:07 am

Post by FaerieLord »

In post 968, Clumsy Phoenix wrote:@FaerieLord
In post 897, MathBlade wrote:And I was trying to get you to lynch yourself since I thought Cloudkicker was Town. Rule 18 was the rule my slot made up.

There's also one thing you're forgetting about with our claim. We don't have any information, true, but we only had to be blocked for 1 night if you're telling the truth, not every night. You're ascetic, remember? So we wouldn't see you going anywhere last night.
Not sure what you're showing me with the Mathblade quote. I know they made up the rule, but it's because Karnos gave them the ability to make up the rule. And Karnos' ability only worked on town. Am I missing something?

Gamma, 1-9, no one, me. You're right.

Although two things still annoy me about your claim
1) forgetting to use your ability one night, especially since the mod was being pretty generous with nights.
2) Is that the first time you claimed you were being RBed was when karnos started softclaiming. You chimed in with the "please stop roleblocking us :(" post (iso 38).

I'm also still really iffy about the fact that Gamma's role changed in the middle of the game, in case you tracked him last night.

In post 970, MathBlade wrote:@FairieLord -- Doctor is a game of wifom. Like the chairman can confirm postgame I waffled more than WaffleHouse on who to protect. I thought at the end TierShift was too obvious so went with Gamma and started crumbing.

A cop doesn't claim because it doesn't interfere with results. It is only those that interfere with results should claim.

I believe you haven't played a game here in years. It I don't believe you wouldn't claim it and I don't believe even if you wouldn't claim it that Town would have that OP. Power.
Sure, it is a game of wifom. But sometimes bluffing is less worth it than protecting the obvious role. (Also if you crumbed, waffling around at night doesn't make too much sense. It beats the points of crumbing).

So... millers, ascetics, roleblockers, redirectors, any role in a game with hidden information (what if the cop was unknowingly to them unreliable if they broke a rule?). Perhaps we should've started this game with a mass claim. Karnos' role could have affected all the results if someone made a rule that all night actions directed at them would be randomised. D1 claim material right there. I'm sorry, even if it is site meta (don't know, don't care), I really don't see ascetics claiming D1.

I won't address what you believe I would do (because that's a really silly argument of "no u"). I don't believe town would replace into a day and trying to get people to lynch themselves with a rule only they know.

But as to whether the ability is OP. Do you actually think a conditional kill-immune ascetic is broken in a game with a scum team, a neutral team and a non-teamed neutral? What? My role, at best, stopped one ability at night - Clumsy's, despite trying my best to put myself in the centre of attention D2. I have been utterly useless during the nights. On the other hand we had a role that can make new rules (which I couldn't get), and a role cop that proves itself every morning (which could probably not confirm me), as well as roles that grow more powerful every time they guess rules. I'd have taken any of those in those in this game. Even your WIFOM waffling doctor role would have had more of an impact than this shit. I'd've killed to be more useful in this game, when everybody was trying to guess rules instead of playing mafia.
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:41 am

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

SHAZIRO HEAD HERE, MOTHERFUCKERS!

MATH! YOU STILL HAVEN'T DONE THE THING WHERE YOU SAY WHICH FACTIONS YOU THINK ARE WHICH NUMBER IN THE 5:4:3:2:1 ROLE DISTRIBUTION! DO THAT, QUIT STALLING AND WHINING BECAUSE WE VOTED YOU FOR POTENTIALLY STALLING!

FAERIELORD! WE DIDN'T SEND IN AN ACTION BECAUSE WE GOT TOO COMFORTABLE WITH THE EXTENDED TIME, AND THE GAME HAD SOMEWHAT DIED SO I FOR ONE TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT IT!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

Wow. Now you are just throwing shade.

You said Karnos's ability would only work on Town making me conf town then you say I am not Town.

Vote stays.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Clumsy Phoenix
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Clumsy Phoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Clumsy Phoenix »

Do the distribution, Math. Quit stalling. Just say which factions you think are which number. We are trying to help you see that the distribution was a mod lie.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”