Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

[quote="In post 348, Lil Uzi Vert"]We also don't even have any idea of who AC is going to draft. It would be nice to know so we can read up on their ISO during Night 1.[/quote

WE don't know "for sure" who would be our draft, since we have no way to know who Massive picked to be his undraftable.

We will submit 2 names; a primary pick and an alternative. If our primary is draftable that will be it. If not, then the 2nd name will be the draft.

^^ This is all mechanics. Now here's the thought process:

We cannot draft massive (he's the manager). We will not draft KT (he's a troll). We don't think Creature has any solid reads (he town reads the whole of our brand) so that's another one we won't be drafting.

The DS sot hasn't produced much on D1 for us to even develop a read there. We don't have a solid read on IaI, so we would rather not risk it; especially given Gamma has flipped Town (he had a scum read there).

I personally keep going back and forth on Pepto, so I guess our options are limited to Titus/Grey/Zefiend/Maria/Tywin/Vifam (of which Titus, Maria and Tywin are solid Town reads of mine).

Titus doesn't want Tywin drafted here though. She suggested Grey, who is not widely Town read on either brands. Maria is obv.Town but my worry is brining her might interfere with Nero's scum hunting (this is already happening over there with Titus). Zefiend is also not too popular as a Town read on either brands.

That leaves us with Titus (primary pick) or Vifam (alternative pick).

And we obviously will be holding on to Nero over here, but we also have no idea who massive would have submitted for his draft picks, so it could be anyone other than Nero who would get drafted to SD.

Does this answer your question?

P.S. If we end up bringing Vifam in, you already know Titus is our draft for N2 (effective on D3), since massive cannot make her udraftable twice in a raw, so we know she'd be available then if she's not tonight.

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

my internet's been spotty, i'm getting it fixed but it's been difficult to get a good enough connection to make browsing mafiascum anything more than a chore.
so i'll just say i'm leaving it to Almost and what we've discussed already in the PT.

Leon: i disagree that it was busywork, since you gave me more detail after my question than you had before. that side, i don't have problems with how you came to the read.

Kmd: if that's the case, was it just an idle observation instead of a statement with a point? your response isn't really addressing what i meant. i don't see why you'd bring up that the reason wasn't quite good enough for a 'normal' situation, but was strong enough for this stage. i'm aware you're fine with the lynch. it just sounds like you want it to be known that the reasoning isn't as strong as it could be.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

I suppose I should just play out this conversation really quick.

Almost Chara: Why is Titus a bad pick? We townread her hard.

Dodge: Well because she is actually the most obviously scum player on both brands. Now I would point to her insistance on trying to influence play on our brand in place of play on her own brand, but for some reason people have a blindspot for that. So, you only need to look how she approaches her scumread on Vifam to see it. It lacks substance, as Vifam continually and correctly points out that Titus is
accusing him of things he's not doing
and cannot justify the things he's not doing when pressed. You could argue that it started because Vifam was (correctly) pointing out that the type of interaction between brands that Titus wants to excuse for her lack of scumhunting in her brand is okay, but that would be a poor argument.

Almost Chara: No, I think her attention to our brand makes her solidly protown and we agree with her read on X, Y, and Z so we're not going to consider her read on Vifam as a big deal. Plus, her attention to our brand also makes her a good draft choice as opposed to X because they aren't paying as close attention as Titus. Also this brand is dying and Titus is going to post ALOT.

Dodge: Her attention to this brand again, is a substitute for quality attention on her own brand, because she can more sincerely scumhunt here than she can fake scumhunt on her brand. You might recognize this as something scum are able to do in multiball. I cannot dispute you agreeing with her reads on X, Y, and Z, so I would just remind you that how someone approaches their reads is more important than whether you agree with them or not. I can also concede if town her attention to our brand would make her an asset, but I think the negatives would outweigh any minor benefit. No, no, no most posting from one player is NOT a benefit to our brand. She's simply going to monopolize our brand with her flood of posts. She has more posts than our Top 6 posters combined! This is not a good thing! You think players from Ms Columbo down aren't contributing? How are their combined 64 posts ging to allow them to successfully contribute (or get caught if scum) to an onslaught of 250 posts by one player? Day 2 will be the exclusive domain of 4 players, you, me, Titus, and maybe Leon...with a little bit of Lil Uzi once every couple of days.

Almost Chara: Sounds like you care too much, exactly the opposite of that big point you were trying to make earlier... you must be scum!

Dodge: :facepalm:

Did I leave anything out of this hypothetical conversation? I know I made a big show of this. I'm 1v1ing with Titus tomorrow if she's on this brand.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 350, Almost Chara wrote:

~A50
I'm concerned about Viafam. I have a hard time believing that an experienced town player would quote (say word-for-word) their win condition. My understanding is that would typically get a player mod-killed and the mod-kill did not occur because scum had the town win-con. IMO Vaifam is a candidate for a policy lynch. The fact that she is still alive makes it seem like she is scum.

I do agree that it would be good to know your submissions so that we can read up on your picks.
Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by Vince McMahon »

Vote Count 1.09
Leonshade
(0/7)

Ms. Columbo
(0/7)
-
Narna
(0/7)
-
light_ganski
(0/7)
-
Kmd4390
(0/7)
-
Almost Chara
(0/7)
-
McMenno
(1/7)
- DodgeTheSaint
Lil Uzi Vert
(0/7)
-
Banana Mint
(0/7)
-
Penguinos
(6/7)
- Almost Chara, Nero Cain, Narna, Leonshade, Kmd4390, McMenno
DodgeTheSaint
(1/7)
- Penguinos
Nero Cain
(2/7)
- light_ganski, Lil Uzi Verti
Malpascp
(0/7)
-
Not Voting:
Banana Mint, Malpascp, Ms. Columbo

Notes:
- Kmd4390 is on V/LA until 1/6
- Penguinos is again able to vote.
- Light_Ganski will be prodded. Banana Mint will be prodded (Second time) and Penguinos will be prodded.

(expired on 2017-01-04 12:30:00) until the end of Day One.
With 13 alive, it takes seven to lynch.
Mod of WWE Mafia - Ask Me About Joining "Vince McMahon's Kiss My Ass Club!"
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 317, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Now's a good time to talk about the draft then yes?

My main concern of course is drafting a scum player puts us into LyLo if we fail to flip scum.
How does drafting a scum player put us at LyLo?
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 280, malpascp wrote:Maybe I'm just rusty or something but AC's post just blew my mind. It makes no sense to hide anything at all if you're town. The only reason to be afraid of your other head saying "hey dude you shouldn't have said this" is if you're scum. Or poor reasoning.
Why didn't you vote? It's a strong statement to make and then not vote.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 350, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 348, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:We also don't even have any idea of who AC is going to draft. It would be nice to know so we can read up on their ISO during Night 1.[/quote

WE don't know "for sure" who would be our draft, since we have no way to know who Massive picked to be his undraftable.

We will submit 2 names; a primary pick and an alternative. If our primary is draftable that will be it. If not, then the 2nd name will be the draft.

^^ This is all mechanics. Now here's the thought process:

We cannot draft massive (he's the manager). We will not draft KT (he's a troll). We don't think Creature has any solid reads (he town reads the whole of our brand) so that's another one we won't be drafting.

The DS sot hasn't produced much on D1 for us to even develop a read there. We don't have a solid read on IaI, so we would rather not risk it; especially given Gamma has flipped Town (he had a scum read there).

I personally keep going back and forth on Pepto, so I guess our options are limited to Titus/Grey/Zefiend/Maria/Tywin/Vifam (of which Titus, Maria and Tywin are solid Town reads of mine).

Titus doesn't want Tywin drafted here though. She suggested Grey, who is not widely Town read on either brands. Maria is obv.Town but my worry is brining her might interfere with Nero's scum hunting (this is already happening over there with Titus). Zefiend is also not too popular as a Town read on either brands.

And we obviously will be holding on to Nero over here, but we also have no idea who massive would have submitted for his draft picks, so it could be anyone other than Nero who would get drafted to SD.

Does this answer your question?

P.S. If we end up bringing Vifam in, you already know Titus is our draft for N2 (effective on D3), since massive cannot make her udraftable twice in a raw, so we know she'd be available then if she's not tonight.

~A50
It does.

I don't think KT is a troll though. And why does Titus saying she doesn't want Tywin drafted matter? Are both of you town reading her?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
by Motorhead blasts from the speaker as HHH, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, steps out onto the entrance way. In his left hand he carries a bottled water. For a moment, he stands there, basking in the attention. He takes a chug of water and spits it out it a mist of vapor as the song continues to play. He walks slowly down to the ring and then around to the south side that the camera faces. He climbs up onto the apron and turns to the camera. He takes another swig of water, leans back onto the ropes and then lunges forward and sprays the water from his mouth one final time before entering the ring. Once inside the ring he gets a microphone from ring announcer Lillian Garcia. HHH raises the mic to his lips.
In post 348, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:We also don't even have any idea of who AC is going to draft. It would be nice to know so we can read up on their ISO during Night 1.
I am fairly sure that we will know who gets drafted after the twilight phase. Assuming that is correct then it makes yours and Ms. Columbos corncerns about needing to know who is getting drafted null and void. I don't think there's any reason to talk about who gets drafted and it just seems like a stalling tactic. If you really wanted to discuss who was going to get drafted/not drafted the time to do that was several posts ago but instead you did nothing and your last minute "hey guys lets talk about who we are drafting" seems like a fairly useless conversation. And If fairly sure that AC had previously discussed who they wanted to draft anyways so...Why have the same "discussion" again? I guess my point is circular here. It seems like everything you are doing is an attempt to drag out the day and I really don't see any town motivation in that.

I do agree with Dodge that Titus will monopolize posting and is very likely to lead Raw astray but I don't think she's super scummy. One of the weak parts of my game is telling the difference between stupid town and scum being stupid b/c they are scum. I also have a theory that players will be intentionally scummy as town to bolster their scum game. The only thing I really dislike from Titus is her preemptive pushback on me for when she starts saying dumb things and I scum read it for that.

I still like IAI as a pick but I'd be ok with Vifam over Titus. Someone please hammer and stop artificially dragging out this day.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I didn't bring it up during that time because I was more concerned with my discomfort about the current leading wagon. That seemed more important than drafting at the time.

I wasn't clear on who we're drafting, that's why I brought it up again. I'm still not but have a way better idea than I did earlier.

I'm not stalling but it's clear no one wants to talk about anything else.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'll hammer shortly after noon tomorrow.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
by Motorhead blasts from the speaker as HHH, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, steps out onto the entrance way. In his left hand he carries a bottled water. For a moment, he stands there, basking in the attention. He takes a chug of water and spits it out it a mist of vapor as the song continues to play. He walks slowly down to the ring and then around to the south side that the camera faces. He climbs up onto the apron and turns to the camera. He takes another swig of water, leans back onto the ropes and then lunges forward and sprays the water from his mouth one final time before entering the ring. Once inside the ring he gets a microphone from ring announcer Lillian Garcia. HHH raises the mic to his lips.

Saying that you aren't stalling when you clearly are is meh. Like you've made it clear that you don't think that Karnos and or Penguin avoiding this thread and not scum hunting isn't scummy to you while it looks like caugh scum to me yet you've also made it clear that you'd be ok with their lynch. This is talking out of both sides of your mouth. Stopping my finisher and wanting to have a meaningless discussion about who gets drafted is clearly stalling and my only thought is that you are scum that's hoping that another wagon starts up that you and Dodge can join.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:48 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Never said why I don't think they're scum and if those are the reasons, how does that make them scum? Town can lurk and not scum hunt as well.

I'm okay with their lynch because it doesn't seem like I alone can stop it and I'll take a lynch over a no lynch any day of the week.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

In post 363, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Never said why I don't think they're scum
I am 99% certain that at one point you did argue that you didn't like Almost's case but I think his reaction is more telling. Also Ms. Colombo has a good case. Its true that town can be useless but how do you determine if its town being useless and scum not doing anything? If you were ok with thier lynch why wait till noon to hammer?

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I don't recall arguing with AC at all, just quoting where the wagon started and showing why I wasn't comfortable with how it started.

I'm waiting till noon to see if anyone has something to say or has a change a heart. Also to give Mal a chance to answer Colombo's question.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:10 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Bickering about stalling seems pointless. I think we've hit the wall of useful conversation. And while I do want a response from mal, he indicated V/LA until the 6th.

Dodge's play made me chuckle.

I do agree that our brand would be better off without someone who would try to monopolize the conversation.

VOTE: Penguinos
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:25 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

Hopefully Mr McMahon is wide asleep, so I can sneak in one more post before he locks the thread.

@LUV:

Yes, both heads here agree this is the town version of Titus. That's why she was our #1 pick.

However, since you guys fear she might be monopolizing the thread, I'll put Vifam first and her second. That way I'm like 99% sure Vifam will be our draft (unless massive hasn't decided on his undraftable yet and then it would still be weird of him to submit Vifam over Titus or Tywin). I hope everybody is happy.

Eric Bicshoff on Jan, 2, 2017

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:27 am

Post by Narna »

Draft vifam, and you die
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:28 am

Post by Narna »

To me
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:13 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 353, DodgeTheSaint wrote:scumread
In post 353, DodgeTheSaint wrote:It lacks substance
yes
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:53 am

Post by malpascp »

In post 357, Ms Columbo wrote:
In post 280, malpascp wrote:Maybe I'm just rusty or something but AC's post just blew my mind. It makes no sense to hide anything at all if you're town. The only reason to be afraid of your other head saying "hey dude you shouldn't have said this" is if you're scum. Or poor reasoning.
Because of my last sentence. He could admit it was poor reasoning. Or someone could point a flaw in my reasoning. Either way I'm always cautious when putting people at L-1 as I've met my fair share of lolhammers, and also the wagoning was strong with this one (not that I disagree with it happening).
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:29 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 371, malpascp wrote:
In post 357, Ms Columbo wrote:
Because of my last sentence. He could admit it was poor reasoning. Or someone could point a flaw in my reasoning. Either way I'm always cautious when putting people at L-1 as I've met my fair share of lolhammers, and also the wagoning was strong with this one (not that I disagree with it happening).
I can understand that. It's just that at the time of the post, Penguinos only had one vote. There wasn't a real wagon yet. What would applying some pressure hurt?
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:39 am

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

In post 362, Nero Cain wrote:
TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

Saying that you aren't stalling when you clearly are is meh. Like you've made it clear that you don't think that Karnos and or Penguin avoiding this thread and not scum hunting isn't scummy to you while it looks like caugh scum to me yet you've also made it clear that you'd be ok with their lynch. This is talking out of both sides of your mouth. Stopping my finisher and wanting to have a meaningless discussion about who gets drafted is clearly stalling and my only thought is that you are scum that's hoping that another wagon starts up that you and Dodge can join.
Yes I so very obviously avoided this lynch so I could hop on another one that wasn't going to happen. It's not like there were things I still wanted to discuss or anything. That definitely wasn't the case at all.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:44 am

Post by McMenno »

good because they're hammered now