Malpascp
(0/7)
-
Not Voting:
Banana Mint, Malpascp

Notes:
- Kmd4390 is on V/LA until 1/1
- Not_An_McMenno_Alt has been prodded.

(expired on 2017-01-04 12:30:00) until the end of Day One.
With 13 alive, it takes seven to lynch.
Mod of WWE Mafia - Ask Me About Joining "Vince McMahon's Kiss My Ass Club!"
Penguinos
Penguinos
Goon
Penguinos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Penguinos »

Oh, karnos, look what you've done. I take a magical trip to Disney and come back at L-1.

Of course, why no one is reading Dodge as scummy is beyond me.

VOTE: DodgeTheSaint
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 250, light_ganski wrote:Hey all. Will get caught up in the morning
In post 261, Banana Mint wrote:I am Hiplop. Gonna catch up tomorrow morning
Would be great to hear something from both of these before lynch. Please indicate where you weigh in so we have some sort of a stance on D2. Right now you're both a blank slate. Would be nice to hear from McMenno as well.

UNVOTE: Penguinos (for now)
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

@light_ganski
@Banana Mint
@McMenno

Please see the above post
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:49 am

Post by McMenno »

mod replace me with myself please (partly because you keep misnaming me)
In post 304, Ms Columbo wrote:
In post 250, light_ganski wrote:Hey all. Will get caught up in the morning
In post 261, Banana Mint wrote:I am Hiplop. Gonna catch up tomorrow morning
Would be great to hear something from both of these before lynch. Please indicate where you weigh in so we have some sort of a stance on D2. Right now you're both a blank slate. Would be nice to hear from McMenno as well.

UNVOTE: Penguinos (for now)
:(

VOTE: penguinos

I haven't read the other thread at all, this thread, maybe ms columbo earlyposting was just awkward newbie posting? I will be watching that slot though
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 303, Penguinos wrote:Oh, karnos, look what you've done. I take a magical trip to Disney and come back at L-1.

Dodge is a good townread. you'll have to actually explain why you've chosen him. plus, i'm fairly sure other players have expressed scumreads on the slot, even if they don't feel that way now.

do you have any other reads?
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 293, Leonshade wrote:Above is L-2.
In post 282, Almost Chara wrote: Leon: what about Dodge's recent posting have you liked?
~Chara
I thought his positions were contradictory/fake, but our interactions cleared his stance up for me.
can you be more specific? that's why i asked. you unvoted Dodge just after i said he was an even better townread. which stances/explanations of Dodge changed your feelings.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 299, Kmd4390 wrote:I feel like we might be jumping harder on this than normal because we need a jump start, but it's a good enough reason for a wagon at this stage in the day.
this feels like an attempt to say the wagon is too fast, without actually saying it. i don't like the line. strange to see this thought followed immediately by a vote.
do you want Penguin lynched or don't you? what do you mean by stage in the day.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 291, Penguinos wrote:And I find it interesting that Narna wants to lynch the lurkers. Classic scum strategy to get an easy town lynch without drawing a lot of attention.
This brand is moving at a snail's pace, and there are reasons beyond lurking in the case of you and light.

This post doesn't help with that.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 303, Penguinos wrote:Oh, karnos, look what you've done. I take a magical trip to Disney and come back at L-1.

And neither does this vote.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 265, Narna wrote:Vifam isn't a rookie. He isn't going to just quote his role pm

haha
Finished skimming the Smackdown thread. Wondered about the whole role pm thing. Viafm is looking scummy.

I subbed into a game with Tywin. He was town, his play feels similar here. Haven't seen his scum game.

In post 310, Narna wrote:
This brand is moving at a snail's pace, and there are reasons beyond lurking in the case of you and light.
Penguinos is back to L-1. I don't want to drag this out if we are ready to end it.

@all - Should we wait for light and banana or do I go ahead and hammer?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

pedigree on penguinos
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Abdominal Stretch on penguinos
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by Vince McMahon »

In post 313, Nero Cain wrote:
pedigree on penguinos

J.R.: "MAH GAWD. MAH GAWD. TRIPLE H HAS JUST LANDED HIS BRANDED PEDIGREE ONTO RIC FLAIR!"

(expired on 2017-01-01 20:53:00) until Penguinos can vote.

Preview Edit:

"AND THE ABDOMINAL STRETCH!

(expired on 2017-01-01 20:57:00) until Penguinos taps out, unless someone can stop Nero Cain.
Mod of WWE Mafia - Ask Me About Joining "Vince McMahon's Kiss My Ass Club!"
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

In post 295, Penguinos wrote:So can we talk about this whole theory that I'm lurking and not offering reads because I'm scum?
That's not the theory at all, but thanks for playing.
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

Now's a good time to talk about the draft then yes?

My main concern of course is drafting a scum player puts us into LyLo if we fail to flip scum. I know someone somewhere suggested drafting scumreads from the other brand to lynch them (that may have been suggested by SD) and that's a bad idea. My secondary concern is that I like the pace our game is going, I think it's more conductive to town play than how SD is going, so I'd be against picking a high volume poster to 'jumpstart' our brand. This time of year is always slow on mafiascum, we should embrace the serenity. If we were moving at the pace SD is moving, we'd never even consider lynching Penguinos, because he'd be in the background.

My most requested is Vifam, and least requested is Titus, for reasons that I think are obvious.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

This doesn't feel right. How do I stop Nero's finishing move?

I don't have the slightest clue right now on how to proceed with drafting but I prefer to draft people that won't or usually aren't known for causing conflict and are easy to read. So far, I'm cool with Tywin and Vifam.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
by Motorhead blasts from the speaker as HHH, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, steps out onto the entrance way. In his left hand he carries a bottled water. For a moment, he stands there, basking in the attention. He takes a chug of water and spits it out it a mist of vapor as the song continues to play. He walks slowly down to the ring and then around to the south side that the camera faces. He climbs up onto the apron and turns to the camera. He takes another swig of water, leans back onto the ropes and then lunges forward and sprays the water from his mouth one final time before entering the ring. Once inside the ring he gets a microphone from ring announcer Lillian Garcia. HHH raises the mic to his lips.

You two little tools have nothing to do with the draft. Sure, AC might listen to you. I want to know what Lil' has against a Penguinos lynch and yet he's letting Penguinos sit there at L1.

Win or Lose We Booze
Win or Lose We Booze
Goon
Win or Lose We Booze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:37 pm

Post by Win or Lose We Booze »

In post 312, Ms Columbo wrote:@all - Should we wait for light and banana or do I go ahead and hammer?
I think it's a good idea to wait for them, but keep intent ya.
Half drunk hydra of Gamma Emerald and Narna
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:38 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 320, Win or Lose We Booze wrote:
In post 312, Ms Columbo wrote:@all - Should we wait for light and banana or do I go ahead and hammer?
I think it's a good idea to wait for them, but keep intent ya.
My bad, super hard hydra fuckup

lmao
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:20 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 308, Almost Chara wrote:
In post 293, Leonshade wrote:Above is L-2.
In post 282, Almost Chara wrote: Leon: what about Dodge's recent posting have you liked?
~Chara
I thought his positions were contradictory/fake, but our interactions cleared his stance up for me.
can you be more specific? that's why i asked. you unvoted Dodge just after i said he was an even better townread. which stances/explanations of Dodge changed your feelings.
~Chara
This feels a bit like busywork to me, it's hard for me to answer this without quoting the posts in question. Posts and are the posts where Dodge answered my questions. In 216 Dodge explained that his initial post about Narna's entrance wasn't part of the attack that he mentioned , he was pinged by the post and pointed it out. Only later did he execute his attack, but after interacting with Narna Dodge sorted him.

Dodge's initial scumread on McMenno also makes sense, you can see that in . While I think that town is more likely to be reckless with/waste their powers, I can see Dodge's point that scum would be the first to know that multiple players have the same powers, and might value them less as a result. I had also forgotten that we didn't know that a vote would be enough to break a submission (thought the other thread had already figured that out, mixed up the timelines in my head) so Dodge breaking the submission early was explained, too.

Your post had nothing to do with my unvote, and Dodge is not a solid townread for me, but he provided satisfying explanations for what I thought were contradictions, so my reasons for scumreading him went away. At that point I'd just be keeping my vote on him due to inertia.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:24 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 318, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:This doesn't feel right. How do I stop Nero's finishing move?

I don't have the slightest clue right now on how to proceed with drafting but I prefer to draft people that won't or usually aren't known for causing conflict and are easy to read. So far, I'm cool with Tywin and Vifam.
Do you oppose the lynch, or simply Nero's method of doing so? If the former, realize that we only have four days left, so if you want a different lynch, you should be working on getting town consensus, not fighting against it.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
by Motorhead blasts from the speaker as HHH, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, steps out onto the entrance way. In his left hand he carries a bottled water. For a moment, he stands there, basking in the attention. He takes a chug of water and spits it out it a mist of vapor as the song continues to play. He walks slowly down to the ring and then around to the south side that the camera faces. He climbs up onto the apron and turns to the camera. He takes another swig of water, leans back onto the ropes and then lunges forward and sprays the water from his mouth one final time before entering the ring. Once inside the ring he gets a microphone from ring announcer Lillian Garcia. HHH raises the mic to his lips.

There is still over a day before my finisher ends the day. Even if my finisher is stopped its
ONLY
4 days to deadline but I think if we wait around that long it'll only breed apathy. I know that Light is active sitewide and Hiplop and Radja prob are too and its not like 13 pages are that hard to read.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”