Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:38 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

Hmmm.. there seems to be some confusion about certain game mechanics. You guys (and girls) REALLY need to read #1 post in full.

You cannot "ship" someone out to the other brand. It isn't even your call.

Here's how it works:

At the end of a day (whether by lynch or by exhausting the time limit) there is an extended twilight phase. First, each manager will submit ONE name of their OWN BRAND. This player will be UNDRAFTABLE. So let's say we picj Nero on D1. Now massive canNOT pick Nero to be playing for his brand on D2.

However, a manager cannot submit the same player twice in a row, so if Nero is our pick on D1 we cannot make him undraftable on D2 as well, but we may do so on D3 if he isn't already drafted on N2.

I hope this is clear.

Now the next step is each manager will pick one draft from the other brand. That will be from the list of living players who are draftable (all living players except the one submitted as undraftable for that day).

So, the player from Smackdown who will be switching to RAW tomorrow will be OUR pick (as in Almost Chara's pick).

Now please pay attention to the follow up post.

~A50

P-edit:

WE are RAW. :lol:

That spoiler should be directed at Smackdown
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:00 am

Post by Almost Chara »

Now we need to keep an eye on BOTH threads, regardless of which one you are currently in because:

1- You COULD be tonight's draft. After that; you could be drafted back in here for D3. You don't want to play catch-up all the time.

2- You need to have a read on whoever gets drafted in if you are with us by tomorrow.

3- Consider something like this: We mislynch twice and we have 2 NKs (I'm not even sure if this game has night kills, but I'm assuming it does since this is a MAFIA game after all). This means we have 9 players alive. Now assuming we made a mistake and drafted one scum out of our two over the two nights, we start D3 on LyLo already (again, assuming 3 scum on each thread at the start of the game which makes sense with a 13-players list).

4- Or you can consider the OTHER scenario of us lynching 2 scum on the opening 2 days. We SHOULD be drafting a scumster from the other brans and lynch them here. We would be very much in control of our own brand AND we don't want the scums to control the majority on the other brand.

Actually I need to ask the mod about this:

Does the scum controlling EITHER brand win them the game or do you treat them separately so one brand can have a baby face win and the other have a heel win?

So, I'm inclined to treat whoever promotes NOT reading the other thread as either scum or a lazy town player who does not understand the game.

I was considering making it a democracy and let everybody have their say on who we should be drafting, but that requires you actually do read the other thread and may are too lazy to do it, so I'll be consulting those whom I town read (that's a given) AND have ACTUAL READS on Smackdown. It's easy to say let's have Titus over here even before the game started, but if Titus was scum? FTR, I'm Town reading Titus, but what if I'm wrong myself?? What if I'm right but the majority HERE doesn't agree? Rather than having her resulting in a smooth win it could backfire and we end up losing because you didn't care to read the other thread and thus had no say over whom we draft.

Am I making myself clear here or am I talking to myself?

~A50

P.S. I'm also contemplating on making a crazy move, but I have to (a) consult Chara and (b) have more reads from Nero, and particularly on my top 2 suspects: All Alone & Dodge.

As for my Town reads I also only have 2 in Narna and Nero, but I'm more confident with the one on Narna tbh. I need you to obv!Town to me, Nero so that I can only worry about whether you're right or wrong (and not also have to worry about you being sly and misleading.) :P

Once again: ~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:11 am

Post by Almost Chara »

Spoiler: Titus
In post 633, Titus wrote:
Can the managers elect a no trade?
FGS, read the mechanics. If a manager fails to submit either one of their own as undraftable or one of the other brand as their draft pick; Vince will do it for them at random.
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:21 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 74, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 72, Leonshade wrote:Ms Columbo's questions are a bit awkward, but they're the kinds of questions I could see a newb asking when trying to figure people out.

@DodgeTheSaint:
Post 53 reads like you scumread McMenno, I'd like to hear why.
Eh, the situation changed a bit on his part.
Changed how?

Narna is a solid TR now.

@All Alone:
Chill, the game started a couple days ago and it's holiday season. I for one am not focusing on mafia much right now, and I certainly won't be playing much during this weekend. Wait until people are returning to their regular routines before demanding full activity now.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:46 am

Post by Leonshade »

AC makes some very good points about why reading the other thread is a good idea. Extra work with little short-term relevance doesn't appeal to me, either, but I'll try to at least somewhat keep up with the other thread so I have an idea of what to expect on D2 onwards. A good draft could be a huge boon for us, while a bad draft could make the game swing in the other direction. It's easier for Almost Chara to make good drafts if we've got players helping them.

Interestingly we might win or lose the game in the draft, if we draft our last scum player away or switch a town player for scum before LYLO.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:23 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Malpas might be scum for such outrage at being voted without any attempt to scum hunt All Alone based on it.

Narna, I think All Alone's defense of thinkbig is fine. No one wants to die in a game they just started except people that probably shouldn't be playing. So, yes, it's obvious why that wasn't funny to thinkbig. Then again, it's similar to my thinking so maybe I'm looking at All Alone the same way you are looking at Leon. The "agrees with me so must be town" bias is a real thing.

Almost Chara, I fully understand what you are saying about Smackdown, but I just don't have the hours of free time to keep up with a thread that is moving at the pace that theirs is. If they draft me, they'll be getting someone who can't keep up with the thread. I'm perfectly happy here. It's not laziness. It's a matter of free time which is why I cut back on games, at one point playing in zero. ISOing whoever comes here shouldn't be a problem though.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:24 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I actually like Leon's reaction to All Alone and Almost Chara. Not sure if it's enough to unvote.

Meh

Fuck it.

Unvote, Vote malpas
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:27 am

Post by Almost Chara »

i'm a bit glad our thread is so slow. made it easier to catch up.
i don't like Dodge, but that might be disagreement over methods more than anything else. the bad Narna push, followed by the 'oh, nevermind, i understand now' is something i've done as town before.

i'd like to point out that Kuroi stated somewhere, or maybe i asked, that it's entirely possible for RAW and Smackdown to have different factions win. scum can win one with town winning the other.
Almost did a good job of it, but i'd like to underline that following the other thread is a very good idea. this is
one game
, not two concurrent games. drafts happen every twilight, so there will be a lot of swapping. and yes, we could win or lose by drafting. if it didn't matter to our game, this would have just been two minis.

Narna is town, as is the McMenno hydra, who i'll be calling McMenno because it's just McMenno with two accounts. which is great. Kmd and All Alone for scum. McMenno's doing it was town, Alone doing it
after
, combined with the exaggerated 'you've done nothing', just looks like a copycat trying to get towncred for making a suboptimal play. i haven't read the other thread very much, except to know Titus could be town.

pedit: this is a large game. you didn't sign up for a mini. it's pure luck that our thread is moving as slowly as it is. though, you likely won't get drafted if you're saying that, so maybe it doesn't matter for you.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:30 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 130, Kmd4390 wrote:Malpas might be scum for such outrage at being voted without any attempt to scum hunt All Alone based on it.
i'm pretty sure it was in reaction to All Alone deciding to attack players for inactivity in a 6-page game, and use their finisher on Banana Mint. are you townreading Alone?
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

So we always want to draft town and if they draft scum, it's good for us. A scum win in Smackdown doesn't hurt Raw. Just don't draft me lol.

Preview edit: Maybe, but when I vote, I strongly prefer that the player I vote tell me that themselves.

And yes, I'm leaning town on All Alone as much as post 88 was annoying.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Almost Chara »

why do you have Alone as town? 88 just looks overblown. it's literally been two days, and barely out of RVS. it doesn't look like real annoyance on Alone's part.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

He was open about not caring about Smackdown. I liked his Leon vote. And using a submission after a few of us just got pissed off as McMenno for it would bea very bold move for scum when he did it.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Oh. Should mention this by the way:
V/LA until Dec 26

Effective in about 2.5 hours. I'll be able to check in a couple times, but any significant reading or frequent posting will be on hold from me.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Almost Chara »

Titus
: i haven't had a chance to read your thread yet, so i'll answer on who we'd like later.
as for your plan. i'm not sure how happy i am with it. maybe Almost has a different feeling, but first and foremost, i want a RAW win. we can't move to Smackdown. of course, winning both is ideal, but i'm not sure how to facilitate that with the drafting mechanic. if you have a pool of Smackdown players you don't want us to draft, and it's a townblock, having us draft from the 'unsure-to-scummy' pool of players is just making it more likely we'll pick scum, which, depending on how well we've done lynching scum, could screw us over. i also don't see how either RAW or Smackdown is helped by swapping around players no one is sure is town. it just adds several elements of uncertainty to how far away LyLo is when we can't be reasonably certain about the amount of scum in any given game.

then again, swapping town players gives the same problem. basically, what i'm saying is... RAW is my priority, and Smackdown is likely your general manager's priority. if my logic is faulty somewhere, let's chat, because i haven't had a chance to read through all of Smackdown on the issue.

what is the goal of the pool method? to keep townblocks together? what if we can't put together a good block? i just don't think it's worth the uncertainty of moving scum around.
i'll talk it over with Almost, but that's how i feel now.
/end of message to Titus.

Kmd: are you townreading Dodge?
i disagree on it being bold. McMenno already did it, and a few players (us included) expressed that McMenno was town for doing such a thing, in addition to the biteback he received. at best, it's a null move when it's already occured from someone else, and at worst, the way they did it just doesn't feel good.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Almost Chara »

to Smackdown and to us, regarding drafting:
looking at Almost's thoughts about it again, the goal of drafting for any given day could be dependent on how previous lynches have gone. it could be possible to maneuver towards a complete town win for Smackdown and RAW by making decisions based on which brand is doing better. like the example given above, if one brand lynches some scum, they could safely try to take scum from the other brand and help them. sort of a pseudo-lynch, but not really. the same if one brand is only lynching town. they'd of course want to supplement themselves with more town, so it would be important to try and avoid drafting scum and suffering a loss.
with that in mind, i do see how working together on drafting could be helpful. i just don't think they're one certain 'plan' for it.
~Chara
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:13 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I agree with your stuff to Titus.

Yes, I have a town read on Dodge.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:24 am

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 776, Titus wrote:
Spoiler: Almost Chara Talk Again
Yup, it's exactly about keeping blocks together.

There's three major useful strategies I see. The first is the swap back. If at all possible, we send the same person back and forth on two separate nights, barring lynch/murder on the mover. We know then that the number of scum in each thread cannot change but for a range of start+1 to start-1 which helps for PoE.

1) Swap obvtown from both threads. Our thread has what I feel is a solid townblock. Getting obvious town from there over here vets the townblock we have and the new entrant over there can lend a heelping hand.

2) Send the "annoying"/unreadable people back and forth. Not my favorite but maybe dynamics can change things.

3) Send scum suspects for verification. Danger.

Thoughts?
Spoiler: Response
swapback: this is useful for maintaining status quo, but beyond that is not. it doesn't hurt and doesn't help. i'd like to use our drafts more strategically.
1) i could work with this. from the beginning, this is what i expected to happen. you wanting obvtown from us, and us wanting obvtown from you.

2) i'd have to veto this for reasons i already went over.

3) useful in certain conditions, such as when one thread is doing well in lynching scum and can safely take more scum. but that wouldn't verify alignments, and could fool players who have had 'scum' taken away into thinking they have had one less threat to worry about. because the scumspect taken away could still be town.
my preference would be switching between 1 and 3 depending on which brand is doing better. if both brands are doing the same, keep it to 1 to maintain status quo + create new discussion.
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
]
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:10 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Does the scum controlling EITHER brand win them the game or do you treat them separately so one brand can have a baby face win and the other have a heel win?
Win conditions are relative to the brand. It's completely possible for heels to win one brand and baby faces to win the other.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:12 am

Post by ThinkBig »

V/LA until Tuesday. Busy weekend ahead of me.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Not_An_McMenno_Hydra
Not_An_McMenno_Hydra
Townie
Not_An_McMenno_Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:19 am

Post by Not_An_McMenno_Hydra »

about dodge

it's fine to not read the other thread, it's not fine to call people who do it unproductive and antitown

this is a matter that I will let rest for now

for now I want to

VOTE: ms columbo

~memester memeo
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I actually agree with Titus about sending obvtowns back and forth. Maybe if smackdown has an obvtown who isn't working well with everyone else or if we get someone like that, they can be the one moved. Like if people are butting heads but townreading each other.
Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Vince McMahon »

Vote Count 1.04
Leonshade
(1/7)
- Penguinos
Ms. Columbo
(1/7)
- Not_An_McMenno_Alt
Narna
(0/7)
-
ThinkBig
(1/7)
- Almost Chara
Kmd4390
(0/7)
-
Almost Chara
(0/7)
-
Not_An_McMenno_Alt
(1/7)
- DodgeTheSaint
All Alone
(1/7)
- Narna
Banana Mint
(1/7)
- Leonshade
Penguinos
(0/7)
-
DodgeTheSaint
(0/7)
-
Nero Cain
(1/7)
- ThinkBig
Malpascp
(3/7)
- Ms. Columbo, All Alone, Kmd4390
Not Voting:
Banana Mint, Nero Cain, Malpascp

Notes:
(expired on 2016-12-23 12:53:00) until ThinkBig can vote.
ThinkBig can now vote again!
(expired on 2016-12-24 17:17:00) until Banana Mint can vote.

(expired on 2017-01-04 12:30:00) until the end of Day One.
With 13 alive, it takes seven to lynch.
Mod of WWE Mafia - Ask Me About Joining "Vince McMahon's Kiss My Ass Club!"
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:19 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

As an announcement to all, I'm going to suspend activity requirements because of Christmas. Activity requirements will resume on Monday, 12/26.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:45 am

Post by All Alone »

I really hate to do this but the play in this game is honestly annoying the hell out of me and I just don't want to deal with it

Kuroi please replace me

(you can offer me as a cross-replace if it'll help)
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by malpascp »

My scumread on Alone just went away, since he's 420% proved to be Village Idiot.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”