What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 997, TwoFace wrote:Why not use =/=?

Well that changed my opinion on one post
Cuz != is one less char and I'm used to it more.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 961, Ircher wrote:I do think I should update my reads as I haven 't done so yet, and its been 10+ or so pages since then. So, I'll do that first.

Pedit: Bad assumption on my part.
In post 989, Ircher wrote:
In post 984, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:I actually can't wait to see it, I got some ideas brainstorming right now and I can think about it over dinner tonight.

Ircher, if you could hook me up with that reads list in like, the next 20 minutes that'd be great
It takes a long while to go through the ISOs.

Unlike TwoFace over here, a GOOD readslist WITH reasons takes a lot of time to make.
It takes 4+ hours to make a reads list?
In post 296, Ircher wrote:
Spoiler: Reads - Day 1 #1
Confirmed Town
(From my perspective) (98%-100% Confidence)
1. Ircher  (100%) - Role PM

Likely Town
(85%-97% Confidence)
2. All Alone (90%) - was an ok question. I mean, I don't necessarily agree with the perspective but the follow up in was well-justified. I concur with the justification and analysis in , but even with that, I don't support the wagon. was a pretty good case imo that I am considering joining. (But right now, I'm hanging on to my Grey scumread and will let myself determine my read there).

Leaning Town
(60%-84% Confidence)
3. Gamma (70%) - and read as town to me and you cannot argue otherwise as it is MY opinion. is a bit beyond paranoia and somewhat accusatory imo. is odd, but not necessarily telling.
4. Human Sequencer (68%) - is a good start to the ISO. Not following the Gamma read in . Once more, reads neitral -- unlike Asphodel's opinion, there are many factors to a read and some reasons are based on gut trends versus specific evidence. (There's general evidence, but the trend and gut read matters more; it's hard to tell from a single post). reads as genuine confusion. pings a bit since there was a Gamma wagon that I quite adamantly expressed my opinion on.

Null
(0% - 30% Confidence; No/Very Weak Read)
5. Naomi-Tan (+25%) - felt genuine as did the subsequent posts. is reasonable too -- not overly defensive. The ISO lacks enough content for me to get a full read here. (Granted, it's one of the longer ISOs though)
6. Flubbernugget (+1%) - Pretty much nothing useful; slight gut read but meh.
7. TheRealGin-N-Tonic (-12%) - is meh. is very unclear and almost sounds like fluff tbh. Not enough content for a conclusive read.

Neutral
(31%-59% Confidence; Mixed Read)
8. Alisae (+50%) - was a good question, even if literally, it seems like a useless question. Don't like cuz it's a loaded question; was better after I asked for it to be unbiased.
9. TwoFace (-40%) - feels off; it just does. is pretty poor justification for a vote and a bad response to All Alone's question (even if I somewhat agree with what was stated). is just buzzwords with no hard evidence.
10. Asphodel (-50%) - There are good and bad things about . Obviouslu, the bad thing about it is the entire intro and how it is focused on Asphodel being town; however, I know I have done similar things (though not nearly as in-depth) as town before multiple times, so that point is kinda moot. The actual content aside from the intro is acceptable imo. 's logic reads as somewhat reachy (as in, it fits, but it feels overemphasized and ignorant of the larger picture) but that may be due to bias. is off, but I won't judge until post-flip from Flubber or Asp. is basically discrediting a read just because with littke to no explanation as to why you don't like it. fails to consider that D1 has lasted for less than 24 hours, so we're still extremely early in the game. - I disagree, You cannot discredit a read just because you think differently; it's
their
read.

Leaning Scum
(60%-75% Confidence)
11. Grey (-65%) - feels unnecessary and superflous imo. feels weird (later states it was humor, okay, I can see that....). His "continuance" of his joke in seems more serious than a joke. (Well actually tbh, 38 is the more serious post, but it's the need to further the joke that I find unnecessary and as an actual serious remark). Never really supports his assertion in that I'm undermining the town to keep them from cooperating. 's content would be fine if it was less accusatory. Posts , , , are deliberate attempts to evade a legitimate point against him by on purposely interpreting things literally. is a valid response to the question, but it took too long to get an answer there. is null, but I would note that experience != skill. was also a fairly decent post. Starting to have my doubts here, but we'll wait and see.

Likely Scum
(76%-100% Confidence)

Note that I started this around 4:00 or so, so some of these may be outdated a little bit.
So for you it does, either way I'd expect the post from you rather soon.

I'm +1ing what TF said about you going "look I'm town" with the posts. Saying how long it took you is unnecessary and it's trying to capitalize "how townie" a reads list is and when you make one.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by All Alone »

I honestly don't get a sense of disingenuity from Ircher's ISO

Asphodel is still a much better lynch
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by TwoFace »

Another question ircher. I just looked through a couple of games and I don't see you making list reads. Why this game is different?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

@Grey - Last chance to add anything else to your claim that you may have been missing.

Im still convinced grey is scum and he is caught for both game actions he hasn't realized yet and something else that im not going to say until he responds to this just incase he decided to leave out something critical in his claim because there is some stuff that doesn't add up.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by krylea »

In post 999, -Grey- wrote:
In post 997, TwoFace wrote:Why not use =/=?

Well that changed my opinion on one post
!= is what I'm used to seeing most often outside of this site, actually.
same tbh
In post 1002, All Alone wrote:I honestly don't get a sense of disingenuity from Ircher's ISO

Asphodel is still a much better lynch
HAH. Are you joking? Read the last couple of pages again. Almost every post in the last few pages of Ircher's has REEKED of scum. The fake-townie posting/IIoA that we have discussed, the carefully avoiding actually answering any questions, the poorly justified sheeping of the Aspho wagon, the defensive voting onto 2F and the whole "confbias or scum" thing. There's so friggin much to choose from.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Alisae »

Krylea, am I the only person who is All Alone in that they think that All Alone is scum?
GTKAS
| here.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:35 pm

VOTE: Ircher

Don't forget the part where he emphasizes he'll make a reads list cuz he hasn't done one in 10 pages. It's fishing for town cred.

Also no reads list takes 5 fucking hours unless that's time spent trying to frame townies and he's having difficulty in doing so.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1003, TwoFace wrote:Another question ircher. I just looked through a couple of games and I don't see you making list reads. Why this game is different?
Different strategy. Generally, I just do the notes in a spoiler then make the readslist as a summary.

Pedit: I got 4 people to go. There's been 750 posts since my last one so.....
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Get the fuck out of here.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by krylea »

In post 1006, Alisae wrote:Krylea, am I the only person who is All Alone in that they think that All Alone is scum?
I mean, kinda, yeah :( I'm pretty null on AA right now, don't have much to go on. And right now I'm way more interested in Ircher.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:52 pm

I'm really only interested in {Ircher, Asphodel or Grey(if Rainbow is convincing)} lynch today.

Ircher because I see a lot of scum motives in his actions and I'm getting the feel that his reads lists are now for town cred.
Asphodel due to what I believe is him trying to communicate with his scum mates in the beginning of the game but honestly haven't delved deep into him.
Grey if his claim is proven wrong.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:57 pm

Post by krylea »

In post 1011, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:I'm really only interested in {Ircher, Asphodel or Grey(if Rainbow is convincing)} lynch today.

Ircher because I see a lot of scum motives in his actions and I'm getting the feel that his reads lists are now for town cred.
Asphodel due to what I believe is him trying to communicate with his scum mates in the beginning of the game but honestly haven't delved deep into him.
Grey if his claim is proven wrong.
Same, but it's only Ircher or Grey for me (and Grey only if RD has something reeeally good to go on).
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ali your avvie is an eyesore
I liked the old one
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 990, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 973, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 962, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, explain my play if I'm scum, regardless of red herrings.
@Ircher
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Alisae »

Aw I liked my new one tho...
Fine I'll change it back.
GTKAS
| here.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by krylea »

In post 1014, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 962, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, explain my play if I'm scum, regardless of red herrings.
@Ircher
Gamma I think we've pretty much established he's scum at this point.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by krylea »

And Ali, both avatars were good, use the one you like better.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by Ircher »

I dare you to run me up to L-1. Though, I'm pretty sure I'm already L-2 anyway so.....
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1014, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@Ircher
To elaborate: why would I try to find town using my role if I was scum?
<Embrace The Void>

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:12 pm

In post 1018, Ircher wrote:I dare you to run me up to L-1. Though, I'm pretty sure I'm already L-2 anyway so.....
I want you dead so your approval is welcome
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by krylea »

In post 1018, Ircher wrote:I dare you to run me up to L-1. Though, I'm pretty sure I'm already L-2 anyway so.....
What on earth is wrong with putting someone who is acting scummy as fuck at L-1?
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by krylea »

People have this bizarre hesitance to put people at L-1. I have never understood it. If you think someone is scum then friggin vote them (with the exception of if they are already at L-1 obviously).
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:18 pm

I like L-2 because it prevents accidental quickhammers. I've seen it before so it's understandable. The only other scenario where I see it justified is in MyLo/LyLo where L-1 could lead to a scum quick hammer.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by krylea »

Oh LyLo/MyLo is different obviously.

People talk all the time about quickhammers/derphammers, but they really don't seem that common. The only times I've seen them in all the games I've read through on this site have been scum faking an accidental hammer. Like, unless you know there's a VI in the game, I would assume that noone is going to be THAT stupid.

Maybe its just because I'm relatively new though, I guess maybe they could happen more often than I realize.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”