Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 824, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 823, -Grey- wrote:
In post 821, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don't want any more claims today. I am advocating a lynch on myself so Town PRs can operate without the threat of Ascetics.
What happens if there's a backup enabler? You died for nothing.

Just as likely as ascetics needing to be enabled in the first place.

Stop being stupid.
What do you think the likelihood of that is?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 824, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 823, -Grey- wrote:
In post 821, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don't want any more claims today. I am advocating a lynch on myself so Town PRs can operate without the threat of Ascetics.
What happens if there's a backup enabler? You died for nothing.

Stop being stupid.
What do you think the likelihood of that is?
Just as likely as ascetics needing to be enabled in the first place.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Where did the backup concern come from?
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 827, Gamma Emerald wrote:Where did the backup concern come from?
It's a valid theory that scum could have a backup of the enabler role, especially if there is both town and scum ascetic in play.
---
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

Is this all on the wiki with the discussion of enablers and ascetics because this site is using stuff I've never seen before I'll be straight up.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:52 pm

So Ascetic is when a player can only be killed, they can not be invested or healed.

An enabler is when if the Enabler dies, the person who shared the enabled ability loses the PR status.

So if I have this correct, Gamma saying he's an Ascetic enabler means that if he is dead, then the ascetic power roles lose their "ascetic" status and can then be invested/healed/roleblocked.

Correct or am I not understanding the roles?
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 830, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:So if I have this correct, Gamma saying he's an Ascetic enabler means that if he is dead, then the ascetic power roles lose their "ascetic" status and can then be invested/healed/roleblocked.
Unless there's a backup.
---
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:59 pm

So a back up enabler?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:08 pm

I've never played with these roles before but a back up enabler sounds like a really big stretch
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 833, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:I've never played with these roles before but a back up enabler sounds like a really big stretch
Exactly.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:17 pm

In post 814, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 813, Human Sequencer wrote:Gin is also reading pretty bad.
I wouldn't mind a Gin or Asphodel lynch at the moment.
Explain my dear Human, don't just say you're okay with a lynch but back it up with reasoning lol
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@Grey: why did you feel the need to crumb your role like you did?
<Embrace The Void>

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 748, -Grey- wrote:Since Gamma claimed Ascetic Enabler, any "no results" results should be insta-lynched because the ascetic(s) is/are scum hiding behind the role.
What if there is a scum rb that just rbs you the whole game. You'll being a favor for the maf and guiding the town to do mislynches xD
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:46 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 837, Alisae wrote:
In post 748, -Grey- wrote:Since Gamma claimed Ascetic Enabler, any "no results" results should be insta-lynched because the ascetic(s) is/are scum hiding behind the role.
What if there is a scum rb that just rbs you the whole game. You'll being a favor for the maf and guiding the town to do mislynches xD
In post 752, -Grey- wrote:
In post 751, krylea wrote:I don't like this. There are tons of other roles that could lead to no-results.
I don't for a second buy an ascetic enabler + roleblocker/rolestopper in this game.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 836, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Grey: why did you feel the need to crumb your role like you did?
I've answered that question several times over and it would be counterproductive to make it anymore obvious than it already is.
---
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:41 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

Official VC 1.4Gamma Emerald (1)(L-6) [Gamma Emerald]
Ircher (1)(L-6) [Asphodel]
Asphodel (2)(L-5) [Human Sequencer, Alisae]
Alisae (1)(L-6) [All Alone]
Naomi-tan (3)(L-4) [TwoFace, flubbernugget, Grey]
Grey (3)(L-4) [Rainbowdash, krylea, Ircher]

Not Voting (2) (TheRealGin-N-Tonic, Naomi-tan)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Accurate to post

Mod NotesIf you see a mistake inform me because game moves incredibly fast
Gamma Emerald is on V/LA from Friday to Saturday
Last edited by XnadrojX on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Transcend: His name is Jordan backwards, just call him Jordan.
Something_Smart: Your name is Dnecsnart backwards, should I call you Dnecsnart?
Transcend: lol that actually sounds funny

I've got a wiki!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

@mod I'm not voting All Alone at the moment

You're on Asphodel. All Alone is voting you
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:25 pm

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 745, TwoFace wrote:
In post 736, Rainbowdash wrote:1) The "scum don't have day talk" is not a slip. It is something that you should always operate on as being true unless something presents itself to directly say otherwise. If Naomi said scum DO have day talk, that would be worth jumping on. As it stands she said something that I would bet all my bits everypony else assumed is the case.
Like on one hand you have a point, on the other anyone who's played a game with an encryptor shouldn't automatically assume scum have daytalk. If Naomi said probably that would change everything.

If somebody said "scum probably have day talk" would that be a slip?

It's the certainty that makes me think slip
No I auto assume they don't cause its normal that they don't just cause I know a role exists doesn't mean I should assume its in the game. am I also to assume that there is a strong man a roleblocker a cop a doc a tracker a watcher a ghost writer a neopollition ect. ect. ect. Unless there is evidence to suggest otherwise I don't assume any role is in the game. Yes I knew it was a role that existed and wrote it in a way that they didn't exist. I explained that I assumed no Day talk and admitted in the following post that it was a role I knew about. but There is literally nothing I can give you on this train of thought; You say I know stuff. I say I don't. back to square one, drop it -_-
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:17 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

Okay read up again.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:45 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 809, Human Sequencer wrote:WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN IN EVERY NORMAL I PLAY IN
Scum usually fake claim day 1 when they get run up
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:09 am

Post by All Alone »

In post 627, Alisae wrote:
In post 624, All Alone wrote:If you're town, how did you "learn" that voting without conviction was scummy? That really doesn't make sense to me.
A. Finish reading that game.
B. Reading other games.
C. Playing the game and learning.
I really don't buy this, it reads like Alisae is trying to blow smoke up my ass with a complete non-answer
In post 704, Alisae wrote:
In post 703, Asphodel wrote:can we not bring it back?
This makes me want to, but I'm comfortable on the All Alone wagon. After all, I'm probably going to be All Alone on it.
This isn't a town mindset. If Alisae is town and genuinely thinks I'm the best lynch for today, it's unlikely they'd be this comfortable with me being a vanity wagon. Townies get frustrated when their preferred lynch isn't gaining traction, whereas scums are much more okay with staying out of the limelight.
In post 772, Alisae wrote:
I will ALWAYS make the point that pushing on fake slips is a scumtell, in every single game I ever play. Because it's been a very reliable tell for me. I'll let you in on a couple of my other tricks as well; being "excited" about the game when the general mood is depressed or uninterested to the point of wanting to abandon is a scumtell. Claiming an investigative PR and making a lot of content about who you're going to check the following night (especially framing it as an fos ie "For that I'm going to check YOU tonight") is a scumtell. Jumping on people for too quickly commenting on a nightkill is a scumtell. These are all things I will pretty much always points out when they happen, regardless of my alignment.

Scum love having a "justified" vote. Instinctively, they look for a vote where they can lean back on a "factual" basis. A "slip" is a perfect example. When you push on a slip, you're no longer making your own read, you're just saying A therefore B. There is no read, you're presenting it as a fact. And when the person you push flips town, you don't have to defend your "read" being wrong, you can just use that justification you built as a scape-goat. It's what scum subconsciously do ALL THE TIME. Yes, sometimes town will mistakenly think they've found a scumslip. Players like Mathblade are notorious for that kind of play. But as a general rule it's a scum tactic.
^ Something a player that I respect once told me.
I also have a hard time believing that town-Alisae believes this strongly that slip-hunting is scummy, yet has said
absolutely nothing
about TwoFace's attack on Naomi. TwoFace has only accused Naomi of slipping somewhere around
eighty million times
, so there's no way Alisae can have missed it. There's really no good reason for town-Alisae to be ignoring TwoFace here. But as scum looking for a reason to push the Grey wagon, it makes a lot more sense for Alisae to use this against Grey while ignoring TwoFace.

Like, I really, absolutely, cannot overstate how certain I am that Alisae got a red PM this game.
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:10 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

In post 835, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 814, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 813, Human Sequencer wrote:Gin is also reading pretty bad.
I wouldn't mind a Gin or Asphodel lynch at the moment.
Explain my dear Human, don't just say you're okay with a lynch but back it up with reasoning lol
Why do you care so much? I hadn't posted inbetween your original question and your requote of it, which doesn't fit your otherwise devil-may-care attitude to the game and how you're read.
Everybody else who has attacked you has been met with a somewhat aggressive and combative tone. Why are you more diplomatic with me?

Is Gin an alt? It would seem as though this is his first game, but a few others have commented on his voting habit from what seems to be past experience with his play.

Not as sure on scumGin anymore, now that I've realized just how new he is.

Grey wagon still stupid.
nah
Asphodel
Asphodel
Goon
Asphodel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:12 am

Post by Asphodel »

Hey AllAlone here's what I have on Alisae in my upcoming (abridged) reads list:

Alisae: Reading her town. Her paranoia about lynchbait seems like it's coming from a less-experienced townie who found a new scumhunting heuristic and wants to try it out as much as possible. Her initial suspicion on Gin is actually pretty reasonable, and her subsequent vote on AA makes me think her panic was legit. I also think new scum would be far more hesitant to claim non-ascetic than she was.

Thoughts? Particularly given that she has kinda backed off you?
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:16 am

Post by krylea »

In post 817, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don't believe the claim for a second. Even then, optimal play IMO is to lynch me, and let the town PRs do their work tonight.
Orrrrrr, instead of lynching town, we could lynch scum instead, how bout that?

I am not happy with the situation vis a vis grey and am not sure I buy the claim, but I'll UNVOTE: for now.

Probably going to go back to Asphodel wagon, but it's getting a bit too much traction too fast this time and I want to look at who is hopping back on it.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:21 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

^with krylea on that one.
Instead of lynching town gamma to weaken ascetic, we should just lynch scum so that we win the game lmao.
Like if you buy the claim Gamma is pretty much conftown to you, so why would you waste that lynch on a townslot for 'Oh we might get a guilty...' or something like that.
Ascetic really doesn't seem that powerful for scum tbh.
nah

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”